I'll re-post this from the unofficial wishlist thread:
With Rockstar's next installment to the series coming in a few years, I'm already beginning to gain anticipation for the game and the wait itself post-announcement. With it being developed on these new generation consoles, I'm hoping for a fairly well rounded game. One that is full of quality, diversity, better decisions, and some quantity. I honestly do not want them to strive to be unique and innovative. I want a future classic, something more fun, intriguing and not too complicated. And most of all, I want an HD Vice City.
- more grand theft auto ~ I must agree with the OP's many interesting suggestions here as the series still bares the name Grand Theft Auto. Exporting and importing missions are a definite interest of mine as they make for enjoyable side missions. It could work this way in VI. Say you have to import whatever car that your boss from the Vice City docking area directs you to. Sounds basic right? But what if you could also buy import cars that you either couldn't buy from a local dealership, or are too expensive to be bothered with? The more cars you import, the better the variety of import cars you can buy. And each day of the week could have a different selection of cars available for purchase. That could be pretty cool if you ask me. Of course I'd also like side missions where you'd ship a desirable car to your local corrupted custom parts shop for special benefits. Sunshine Autos should also return but just as a fancy, enterable dealership where you can buy cars. It's corrupted nature should be gone compared to how it was in the 80's and the whole dealership should look only a tiny bit similar to the old one. When breaking into any dealership and stealing a vehicle, you should instantly gain 2 stars and the store alarms should go off. Sometimes dealers will have armed workers too (I watched Top Gear's USA Special ).
- vibe ~ The overall vibe of a re-imagined and modern Vice City should be laid back. Yes there needs to be bizarre pedestrians and a few odd occurrences, but the city should look laid back. The ghetto areas and trailer areas should feel run down and dangerous, but everywhere else should feel balmy and very Florida-ish. Lots of tropical palms [much healthier looking than the ones within San Andreas] and deciduous trees should be scattered around the map, and the whole east coast should be a laid back beach. As far as climate goes, the weather should be fairly humid, bright, and occasionally stormy. Florida is no stranger to strong storms so at least one downpour or thunderstorm should come every ingame week. There should be some weeks with a lot of sun, and some weeks where it rains nonstop from dawn to midnight. The sunset should also be full of color and purple should be more prevalant.
Of course they'll look their best along the bay areas.
- music ~ I haven't a clue what modern music will be like by the time VI is released, but I hope that it will all be placed onto a station created exclusively for modern pop only. I'd like one modern rock/punk/metal station and a modern rap station too. Just getting those out of the way for the people who would want them, but I'd crave a lot of 80's hits and maybe even a modern jazz station too because those will definitely fit in with the whole laid back atmosphere of Vice City. An 80's/90's pop station, an 80's/90's R&B/Rap station, a 90's grunge station, and an 80's rock station would be incredible. I'd personally favor seeing a song like this on one of those stations:
or this one
Stuff like that would be relaxing to cruise to in city like Vice City, re-imagined of course. Within safehouses, we should have the ability to turn on the sound system and hear the music play throughout the house. One last thing I'd like for Rockstar to add is a custom radio station option for the Xbox One and PS4. If the ingame soundtrack ends up being mediocre, I'd like the ability to resort to custom soundtracks, just saying.
- map ~ I definitely want Vice City as the main city...
Accompanied with that should be the Vice City Bay (Biscayne Bay), multiple islands with prime residential mini-mansions, a taste of the outskirts, a modern town slightly north of Vice City named Fernando (Orlando & Fort Lauderdale) with a Sea World knockoff, and the Florida Keys.
The map should feel tropical near the southern tip of Vice City and the Keys with a couple of intriguing resorts, swamps (the major one being based off the Everglades), and shallow water. The rest of the countryside should be flat and lush, and there shouldn't really be too much of it. I'd like three major freeways. One should be based off of Highway 869 [goes around the city] and both ends of the highway should end on the highway that cuts through the city, which would be based off of I-95. The I-95 based highway should be the major highway the connects the city to the Keys. After it reaches the last island, it should cut north across the water and back to main land, where should go around the city and loop with itself up in Fernando. A highway based off of I-75 should head west from the I-95 based highway in Miami and intersect the 869 based highway at it's midpoint. Throughout the city should be at least two golf courses, a fairly large ghetto area, and a bundle of condos lining the coastline with a wide avenue and beach in between. Of course there should be a decent amount of wealthy neighborhood, most setting near Fernando, but within Vice Should be islands loaded with houses/docks like this:
The views should be luxurious and the lots of these mini-mansions should be even more detailed than the lots of many of Vinewood Hills' mansions. The only enterable mansions should be the ones that you can buy via the internet or visiting the lots. As far as the outskirts go, I'd like a lot of deciduous forests and only a few modern suburban neighborhoods based off of Weston:
As far as the small countryside goes, wet farms and trailer parks would be fine by me. The city itself should have a few buildings recognizable from the original Vice City such as the Vercetti Estate. Fort Baxter A.F.B. should return but in a way similar to the military base in Midnight Club 3's San Diego map. I'd like the base to be within Fernando. As far as level of detail, I'd rather Vice City be the main focus with no detail sacrificed due to the size of the map.
- media ~ I'm pretty sure most of us are aware of all of the turmoil and weirdness going on in Florida [Treyvon Martin, a strange zombie-esque incident, a woman imprisoned for 20 years for firing a warning shot, sinkholes, et cetera]. I could definitely see Rockstar taking the piss on all of those incidents, making the cops and justice system seem corrupted, the residents nutty, and making it seem as if the end was near with all of those sinkholes. Weazel News should be as humorous as it was in IV, yet still informative with reports on the most recent events (including storyline events). I'd like to see another news site named the Vice City Gazette that always bashes Weazel and makes ludicrous news reports. As far as commercials go, I'd like some of that old school GTA humor to be used. The same goes for the talk radio stations and TV shows, because V just lacked when it came to humor.
Snapmatic should be improved and the photo resolution should be increased. I'd prefer the internet to have the depth that IV had, and LifeInvader/Bleeter should make a return. As far as cell phones goe, it would be cool to switch between a Samsung Galaxy based phone and an iFruit phone.
- characters ~ V's 3 character system was cool and all, but I'd prefer to have just one character in this game. It would be cool to have a character from Cuba or Mexico, or from somewhere like those places. He shouldn't basic or bland, but he also shouldn't be too over-the-top either. An interesting character with some background history unveiled throughout the story would be fine by me. There should be a rather greedy/dark side to him as well. As far as personal vehicles, any car that you store onto your property should become your personal vehicle and the ability to remove it as a personal vehicle should be available at all times. This means that the impound should be non-existant.
- story ~ I'm not an expert when it comes to story development, nor how a story should appeal to the players. I'd like a fun and somewhat serious storyline based around drugs, shipping illegal merchandise, greed, and mobs/gangs. I'm sure Rockstar could work with a storyline similar to this, making it intriguing and hopefully longer than 80 missions.
- purchasable luxuries ~ The ability to purchase vehicles should be improved from V. When you search for a vehicle online, you should be able to call for your order just to make the feeling of buying a car via the internet more believable. All cars, bikes, helicopters, boats, yachts, and planes should be purchasable via the sites except for illegal imports. These vehicles should also be purchasable at dealerships, airports, and boat shops too where you get more in depth options as to how you'd like to purchase your vehicle. All legal cars should be purchased at Sunshine Autos except for Grotti and Pegassi, which should have their own dealerships, owned by a company based off of Prestige Imports.
At these dealerships, I'd like the ability to see what your car looks like when you choose the special variants (if any available), the colors, and the price. Just for fun, it would be cool if you could drive your car off the lot after you bought it, just for a better feeling of "I just bought a new car." The same goes for bikes which should be available at Sunshine Autos unless they're manufactured by Pegassi. Buying the other vehicles should be similar except after buying, they should be shipped to your hangar/marina/house. Buying classic/vintage cars should be done via auctioning sites or at Palmelia Island (Amelia Island) and when buying them at Sunshine Autos, the system should work the way it did in Test Drive: Unlimited 1 [sometimes the classic car in question is in stock, sometimes it isn't, and the price varies every time]. I wouldn't mind if there were only a few purchasable safehouses, I'd just like to have some. Maybe a penthouse near the beach with an outdoor pool and overlook of the ocean.
Or a modern house near the beach/bay area with a pool and lots of large windows.
Or maybe even a Spanish Renaissance house on one of those man-made islands based off of the Sunset Islands, Miami neighborhoods with the ability to dock a boat or even a yacht.
Speaking of yachts, I'd love the ability to earn or even purchase a yacht. I was hoping for a feature like this in V but it never happened. The idea of owning a yacht to travel in whilst enjoying the luxuries of a typical high-end safehouse just intrigues me. It would be cool to go on trips around the map or just dock in the Vice City bay to enjoy the views. A yacht like this would be fine:
Or it could be a tiny bit smaller, just as long as it has some living space, a helipad, a deck with some chairs, and a mini jacuzzi. Yachts should be $2,000,000+ and the houses should be over a million themselves. Private jets should be just as expensive, but you should have the ability to hire a pilot and enjoy the cabin whilst being flown around. RVs should also be just as expensive with the ability to temporarily live in one.
All of these new features and luxuries would make money have more value within VI. As far as owning property goes, I would not mind the ability to purchase the Grotti or Pegassi dealerships. A golf course would also be fine but I'd rather it be enterable too.
- cost of necessities ~ The clothes should be very stylish and diverse whilst being expensive. The weapons should also be expensive, yet the prices of items in the multiplayer aspect of the game better be no more expensive than they are in the single player aspect, as opposed to V. Food from restaurants and vendors should the same price they were in IV and have better health benefits. Instead of health regeneration as health should be more durable, you could stop by a hospital and pick up health for $100.
- automotive things ~ First of all, I'd like to see the return of these cars, but all of them should be updated and switched around to fit in with the HD environment and level of detail:
- SpoilerSeveral brand new cars should be added like some from this topic:
- More convertibles and grand tourers would be lovely too. As far as physics go, there should be two options; one option should allow you to have V physics whilst the other one should allow you to have IV physics, that way almost everyone will be satisfied including me. The level of detail should be improved via the interiors, branding/badges, paint textures, and reflections. I'd personally love better exhaust notes recorded from real cars, this is what everybody else seems to do in the racing game industry.
- customization ~ Cars should be customized at an aftermarket shop named VC Customs, based off of MC Customs. Think of it being similar to LS Customs but going more in depth. Every car should share all spoilers, mirrors, exhaust pipes, roof inlets, tires, wheels, and hood inlets with other cars and they should all come with the ability to add wide bodys, bumpers, rear diffusers, et cetera. Brake changes should be visible and calipers should be customizable and tints should be improved with color options. Basically no car should be left out from customizable parts/options. In addition, hydraulics, nitrous, door modifications, tire widths, rim sizes, sunroofs, vinyls, interior color changes, superchargers, and suspension lifters should be added as well as a lot more rims, carbon fiber pieces, and paint options. Performance options should be way more noticeable and in a way you should be able to adjust the way your car sounds. Parts should be expensive as first, but as stated above, they should come with discounts when you steal some cars for the shops. Multiplayer parts should be no more expensive than they would be in single player.
- Traffic ~ On these new generation consoles, I'd love to see better NPC progamming for the drivers. Slightly noticeable fluctuations in traffic density throughout the day would be nice. Drivers that use their turning signals before merging that either wait for you to pass or stay in their lane if you're speeding would also be nice. The freeway traffic should move at a fast pace, and random accidents would be hilarious. The avenue/boulevard traffic should move at 3/4th's of that speed, and regular roads should have lower speed limits. Even better road designs that allow for better traffic flow would be lovely, but the traffic lights should not be as longer as they were in V. The drivers, well it would be great if they were more laid back and not so impatient with you, but if you hit them, I'd love for them to hop out of their cars and beat you up or look at their damage because that rarely happened in V. As far as spawning diversity, I'd prefer Rockstar to keep it the way it was in previous GTA's instead of using V's spawning system (where almost any types of cars just spawn anywhere). Basically, I want different neighborhoods to have their own selections of cars to spawn. In very wealthy areas, the traffic should be more expensive but it shouldn't be overkilled the way it was in Los Santos.
- VCPD ~ I'd prefer if 6 stars returned, and if the cops became smarter yet less aggravating than they were in V. Adding to that, they should be completely oblivious to where you are if you're either hiding or in a different area than what the police report was made in. Every cop should have a range of sight, but with a line within their radiuses that move left to right to show what direction they're looking in. As opposed to V, they shouldn't have cars that have 700 horsepower 12-cylinders, they shouldn't ram you instead they should PIT maneuver you, and they should wait a real minute until shooting at you whilst running from them on foot. As the amount of stars rise, the intensity of the cops grow and grow and the more stars you have, the longer it takes for the search to be called off once you evade them. 1 star should 30 seconds, 2 should take a full minute. As far as police vehicles go, I'd love these:
I'd also love for knockoffs of these to be made for VCPD/FIB/Sheriff/NOOSE/Highway Patrol:
Random NPC cop chases should be much less common than they were in V, and should be a little more intense but with no shooting.
- activities ~ I too missed the malls in GTA so it would be great to see North Point Mall returning enterable and refurbished. It would be cool to see the mall function with a Burger Shot, Cluckin' Bell, Bean Machine, a few clothing stores, and a lot of wealthy looking NPC's. Other activities should consist of night clubbing, golfing, tennis, going on wealthy car cruises (both in single player and multiplayer), yachting/sailing, owning businesses and doing a few tasks for them, drug wars, export/importing, sightseeing, and flying. The Escobar International Airport should be south of the neighborhoods right across from the Vice City Bay, and it should be enterable as well, but with a few textures recycled from the North Point Mall with the same restaurants. Flying planes shouldn't be a huge focus in this game as there isn't anywhere else to land other than Fort Baxter A.F.B. but I'd still like a bigger variety of planes, no jumbo jets though. A Skimmer would be lovely, especially if you could dock one near a purchasable house, and a longer version of the Skimmer would be cool too. Fishing, going to restaurants [I'd like a restaurant based off of Popeye's]. visiting bars, visiting parks, scuba diving, taking buses, going mudding, and doing jet ski races should all be activities too. Random interiors scattered around the city would be cool, and the ability to mug people would be awesome.
- amphibious things ~ As stated above, yachts should return. As far as underwater diving, I'd prefer a limited yet more detailed undersea world, but with limits as to how far you can dive out. These limits should be enforced by the sudden deepness of the water and sharks.
- useful features ~ This is basically a list of the useful features that should return from previous games, be added, and be improved: save-points, insurance and impounding [1 hour, in real time, limit until you vehicle gets impounded after sitting unattended; unlimited amount of space in the impound but the bailing fees rise each ingame week; high insurance bills for destroyed vehicles], the ability to walk as far away from your vehicle as possible with it still being there when you come back to it [believe it or not, it was like this in IV].