Quantcast

» «
Photo

Revenge or Deal? Which ending is better and more fitting?

78 replies to this topic
Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 17 July 2016 - 04:31 PM

There is no villains in a GTA games

Actually, everyone's a villain...

DERGaming
  • DERGaming

Dagger

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2016 - 04:32 PM

Exactly

DragonpokeZ
  • DragonpokeZ

Special Vehicle Hoarder

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:02 PM

Exactly

There's a concept called an antihero you know...

ESAgamer503
  • ESAgamer503

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:26 PM Edited by ESAgamer503, 11 February 2017 - 09:27 PM.

None are fitting. But I did like revenge better because Roman is worth saving.

Prasdana21
  • Prasdana21

Snitch

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:58 AM

As much as I prefer Revenge, and as much as I prefer Roman over Kate, I think Deal is the cannon ending.

"A Revenger's Tragedy". That title of mission is reffering Niko's life and journey. From my point of view, killing Darko is the cannon choice. Once Niko knew that revenge didn't make him better, he wanted to be more wise and letting all his hatred go. Not to mentioned, Roman kept persuading him to do a deal and make a lot of money (as Niko mentioned to Kate, he and Roman needed money). But it's a wrong call for him. When he wanted to change, Dimitri betrayed him once more. Not only that, he also sent a hitman to kill Niko which we all know, Roman got killed instead. This made Niko filled with hatred once more and killed Dimitri.

Niko tried to be a better person in a wrong time. Ironically, his wise descision made him suffer even more. As old saying goes, everything has a price. In Niko's case, he lost his cousin after he got his revenge and trying to be better, hence why the Deal ending is called "A Revenger's tragedy".

What does "Out of Commision" mean anyway? The Pegorino Family wasn't even in the Commision and like other said, Jimmy showed up in the near of the end (he still made a great secondary antagonist though).

As much as I prefer Revenge, as much as I try to denied it, I honestly think Deal is the cannon ending.
  • Jonboy507 and Axl Rose like this

Axl Rose
  • Axl Rose

Appetite For Illusion

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:24 PM Edited by Axl Rose, 13 February 2017 - 05:05 PM.

Deal is the better/more fitting ending and the true ending IMHO

-it fits the dark tone 

-its more cinematic

-leaves Dimitri as the final boss

people always argue Niko would have never done another deal with Dimitri but what if Roman didn't have the tip on Dimitri's location? before that call Niko was set to go through with it. also whatever choice you make with Darko, Niko has a revelation of sorts that revenge isn't the answer. choosing revenge makes that whole ordeal fall flat and rather pointless as he literally goes against it within 24 hours. i think Niko goes against his gut/principals and pays the price with deal. 

with that said i choose revenge because its the better ending if you want to continue playing afterwards.

• simonp92 likes this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 February 2017 - 05:23 PM

Both seems fine on how you like to play. But none of them felt right or better to me, since both endings have certain things that I thought didn't make sense on how they play out, esp., the part where Roman says, "I heard you two had resolved your differences, he's on some boat in East Hook, right?"
Now, I didn't know that both Niko and Dimitri had resolved the differences because the game never made it clear on the same.
I personally think that Deal ending feels more appropriate simply because I'd listen to Roman than what Kate wants me to do.

Lwiri
  • Lwiri

That is my impression of American advertising, thank you, thank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2017 - 12:52 AM

I think Revenge is more fitting, and Rockstar made that the canon ending, as far as we know at least.  On Jimmy's laptop, he's on Lifeinvader.  It's shown that Niko is working for his brother as a cab driver.  Also Kate was a pretty bad girlfriend, I think they just made her a place holder, even though you can get 3 non story related girlfriends are "Logging On".

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

I've never been popular - I don't mean to start now

• Members

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:05 PM

Revenge works for me the best.
For many reasons.
I always let darko live but definitely go after Dimitri as he is still a threat in the present.
Storywise it also works like the shooting on the platypus is the grand finale with a happy ending at Roman's wedding when just someone shows up you wouldn't expect to pull this move.
I mean, sure you expect something to still happen.
But deal doesn't work for me.
Feels like ending a or b in gta v.
It just doesn't fit.

HailHydra
  • HailHydra

Bank Robber, sometimes RnG

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 26 February 2017 - 05:16 AM

Deal ending. There is something a bit off with the revenge ending and the game's story completely build the deal ending.
  • Tao Cheng and EtherTakeover like this

Fubbick
  • Fubbick

Fraunhofer Diffraction

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:17 PM Edited by Fubbick, 26 February 2017 - 11:18 PM.

Deal ending. There is something a bit off with the revenge ending and the game's story completely build the deal ending.

I agree. I always kill Darko, which leaves Niko feeling empty, and makes him wonder if his mission for revenge is really worth it (so does sparing him to be honest. It's just worded differently). Then his change of heart completely backfires in Deal. He decided to change his ways, but it was too late. It feels like a more complete ending, even though I hate the fact that Roman dies.

• Tao Cheng likes this

Tao Cheng
  • Tao Cheng

Man I'm fuuuucked up!

• Members
  • China

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Tao Cheng, 4 weeks ago.

Kill Francis and do the Revenge ending. Let the mother McReary die a lonely death you incosiderate bastards.

But for real though I did all the choices that most people didn't feel comfortable doing especially choosing Dwayne to wake up PBX; he was a smart kid but the game made him ignorant so killing Dwayne would give him hope into realizing something's wrong, Derrick because Francis is easy to haggle, and the Deal ending. Niko and Roman to this country for money and opportunity.

maundy
  • maundy

Player Hater

• Members
  • Taiwan

Posted 4 weeks ago

Just do the one that agrees with your values and morality and live the game as the Angel of Death.

You know, like kill em all and let God sort 'em out. Do they have that saying around your way?

TommyPayne123
  • TommyPayne123

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

Deal by a mile for me. It is a much stronger ending. Roman's death was far more tragic for Niko. Revenge is very overrated and didn't fit in well with the story at all.
  • EtherTakeover likes this

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

This should have been a poll. 

Deal without a doubt. 

Sadly, by not forcing Kate more on the player, you don't really care much, if you havn't hung out with her. Roman is constantly present from the very beginning of the game, even if you don't do activities with him. Losing Roman is there for allot more impactful to the player. 

Furthermore I like the irony of Roman pushing Niko into doing the deal, and that costing him his life. 

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Grand Theft Auto V: A huge improvement over snore (IV)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 4 weeks ago

I choose Revenge but I like the thunderstorm at the end of Deal, really giving a lot of emotion

NikoB.IV
  • NikoB.IV

NB VS ALL

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

if you've played gta v then you might have seen amanda, tracey and jimmy at the diner table. jimmy is looking at niko bellic's lifeinvader page and roman is in the other contacts. that means that niko chose the revenge ending. so if i was you i would spare darko and choose revenge.

spare darko because he will suffer because of his addict and choose revenge because dimitri was the first (or second if you count mikhail faustin) antagonist but pegorino is the last. this means niko hated dimitri from a long time. do you remember the time that dimitri took roman to the warehouse? that angered niko and dimitri continued doing these things until niko wanted to kill him. so if you kill dimitri it has a more dramatic feeling and if you spared darko and chose revenge be sure to do the mission at night and use the weather cheat to make the weather thunderstorm to make it more dramatic. Bye!

Luke Ferris
  • Luke Ferris

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

Revenge is best for me, because I really did not like Kate as a character.  Roman is terrific - I couldn't let him down.  The mission is the better one IMO anyway. 

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted A week ago Edited by B Dawg, A week ago.

They're both good characters, but only a monster would pick a girl who doesn't want hot coffee over a cousin.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users