Crew Colour Editor

135 replies to this topic
SilkRiver2648
  • SilkRiver2648

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 December 2016 - 09:31 PM

Nah, I'm probably going about it wrong but I'll have another crack at it today lol

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:53 AM

Nah, I'm probably going about it wrong but I'll have another crack at it today lol

No worries - just give me a shout if you get stuck :)

SirRandoom
  • SirRandoom

monitor

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:32 PM Edited by SirRandoom, 15 January 2017 - 01:01 PM.

Damn, nice tool! Thanks!

• Furry_Monkey likes this

Metworld-Steve
  • Metworld-Steve

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:43 PM

Hi,

I am new to the crew colour game but want to take advantage of the many fantastic colours the community have been creating but I have a couple of questions which I need the experts to answer!

1.) When I take a hex value as posted here and enter it into the RockStar Social club the value changes to be just numbers. I have used the tool as provided in this thread and that will also do the same. What am I missing please?

2.) When people talk about using Pure Gold as a base for instance, does that mean you would paint the car pure gold and then paint your chosen colour straight over the top? What does this achieve?

3.) Is there anyway to determine the type of paint you want to use i.e. Matt, Worn, Classic etc?

I have spent a few weeks dipping in and out of these posts and am still not sure on these parts. Apologies if the information is right in front of me, I cant for the life of me see it!

Steve

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 January 2017 - 07:24 AM

Hi,

I am new to the crew colour game but want to take advantage of the many fantastic colours the community have been creating but I have a couple of questions which I need the experts to answer!

1.) When I take a hex value as posted here and enter it into the RockStar Social club the value changes to be just numbers. I have used the tool as provided in this thread and that will also do the same. What am I missing please?

2.) When people talk about using Pure Gold as a base for instance, does that mean you would paint the car pure gold and then paint your chosen colour straight over the top? What does this achieve?

3.) Is there anyway to determine the type of paint you want to use i.e. Matt, Worn, Classic etc?

I have spent a few weeks dipping in and out of these posts and am still not sure on these parts. Apologies if the information is right in front of me, I cant for the life of me see it!

Steve

Okay, let's deal with this one-by-one.  Can you give an example of exactly how you set the colour on the Social Club, and what happens when you do it?

TKY_OMAR
  • TKY_OMAR

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:35 PM Edited by TKY_OMAR, 08 March 2017 - 12:45 PM.

If you used this prior to October 12th 2016 then you need to update your existing bookmark.

I've written a little application to help you edit your crew colour.  You can either enter a hex value, use the colour picker, or load an image from a URL and pick a colour directly from it.  Rather than have some massive piece of code in a bookmark I've simplified the whole thing into one line.  Simply copy and paste the following code...

javascript:(function(){var script=document.createElement('script');script.src="//www.furrymonkey.co.uk/_external/gta/edit-crew-colour.js";document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(script);})()

Then create a new bookmark in your browser and call it something like "Edit crew colour", and paste the code you just copied as the address or URL.

When you go to your crew page and you're in the edit tab (where the crew colour can be set), just click the bookmark when you want to edit the colour and it will pop up the dialog as shown here...

custom-crew-colour-editor-1.png

Use that dialog to set your crew colour to anything you like, and then click "ok" to set it.  You must also save your changes with the save button at the bottom of the page, as before.  If it tells you that it couldn't save for some reason then it will tell you it was attempt 1 of 32 (currently - that may change).  Click save again and it will try a different combination that may save your colour.  It's rare that you'll have to do this more than a few times and unlikely you'll ever find a colour that won't save with any of the 32 tries.

If you want to change the colour again you can either click the bookmark or just click the colour button on the page.  Once the script is loaded it will stay available until you leave the page.

To use an image to choose a colour, either type or paste the image URL into the text box in the dialog and press enter to load the image...

custom-crew-colour-editor-2.png

You can then click anywhere in the image to select the colour under the mouse.  This is helpful for when you have photos of vehicles and you're trying to match the colour.  It will never be exact as the colours in the game are slightly different from what you see in real life, but you can get close enough and then make minor adjustments from there, should you need to.

If you have any requests for help with finding the right colour then please don't ask for them here.  There's already a very good thread where there are lots of people helping out with that...

http://gtaforums.com...est-rare-share/

If you have any problems with this utility then just let me know.

Update notes

15th June, 2016

Added a "recently used colours" box where any colours you recently saved are shown, up to a maximum of 24.  (It only shows colours saved from now on.)

9th June, 2016

Fixed issue where the colour picker was picking the wrong colour if the browser page had been scrolled at all.

8th June, 2016

Updated website to use https protocol, in order to work with the recently updated Social Club.

Hi. 
i've never use this script can u tell me how to use it :) 
i created the bookmark as u said bt when i click the bookmark nothing happens 

thanks 

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:59 PM

i've never use this script can u tell me how to use it :) 
i created the bookmark as u said bt when i click the bookmark nothing happens 

thanks 

Can you tell me more?  Are you going to the correct page on the Social Club before clicking the bookmark?  Can you check the bookmark is correct, complete with javascript: at the beginning?

Help me to help you :)

• HiBerg likes this

Mayochiki
  • Mayochiki

︻デ═一

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:28 PM

Holy sh*t, it has preview images now? Is this real life? Furry_Monkey you da real MVP

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:18 PM

Holy sh*t, it has preview images now? Is this real life? Furry_Monkey you da real MVP

Lol no.  You can use an image to grab a colour from.  Just put the URL in and it will open it for you.

Nugsy
  • Nugsy

President of Restless MC

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:27 AM

I only just found this. Well done & thanks @Furry_Monkey !

jason_stanfield
  • jason_stanfield

Eschewer of Pants

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I have used this tool a lot, and love it ... but today suddenly it's not working.

• Talesin likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

I have used this tool a lot, and love it ... but today suddenly it's not working.

My hosting provider had some issues and all my sites were down for about a day.  It should all be good now though :)

DedSoolp55
  • DedSoolp55

Two Dukes Dukin' it out

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

@Furry_Monkey

Pretty neat program you got!

I just wanted to ask if it where possible to utilise this on an Android Tablet?
I mainly use my tablet for internet things and YouTube so if I could find a way to get this to work on my tablet I'll be laughing.

However when I open the book mark on Chrome I get a blank page, do you have any ideas?

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

@Furry_Monkey

I mainly use my tablet for internet things and YouTube so if I could find a way to get this to work on my tablet I'll be laughing.

However when I open the book mark on Chrome I get a blank page, do you have any ideas?

The problem you have with Chrome just sounds like you've copied and pasted the bookmark wrong.  It often removes the javascript: tag at the front of the script when you paste it as the bookmark Url, so that's also worth checking.

As for Android, I think it should work in Chrome on Android but I've not actually tried it.  I'll do that and get back to you.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago Edited by Furry_Monkey, A week ago.

@Furry_Monkey

Okay, ignore my previous answer.  Now that I've tried it and re-read your question I can see what the problem is.  Chrome on Android won't allow you to run the bookmark on the correct page, because you have to open the bookmark window first.  It's just not going to work I'm afraid.

I'll have a think about it, but for now you'll just have to use a PC.

• Frenchtone83 likes this

DedSoolp55
  • DedSoolp55

Two Dukes Dukin' it out

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

@Furry_Monkey

Okay, ignore my previous answer.  Now that I've tried it and re-read your question I can see what the problem is.  Chrome on Android won't allow you to run the bookmark on the correct page, because you have to open the bookmark window first.  It's just not going to work I'm afraid.

I'll have a think about it, but for now you'll just have to use a PC.

That's cool, just a minor inconvenience. Thanks anyway though! :)
  • Furry_Monkey and Frenchtone83 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users