Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:44 AM

I still can't believe Shane Black is directing this.

Jeez, you've got a big pussy. Jeez, you've got a big pussy.
  • Moonshield, Payne Killer, Actlikeyouknow and 1 other like this

Flash525
  • Flash525

Fibre Force Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:03 AM

The kid, the woman, and the white guy will survive.

Isn't that a bit cliché? Is Hollywood mind you so yeah, probably right!

It being Hollywood is exactly the reason for my speculation. ;)

I trust Shane Black, especially after The Nice Guys. I mean..the black guy survived in Predator 2 so here is hoping?

The thing with Predator 2 is that the black guy was the main character.

• Actlikeyouknow and Natasha like this

Natasha
  • Natasha

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:32 AM

I trust Shane Black, especially after The Nice Guys. I mean..the black guy survived in Predator 2 so here is hoping?

Yeah, like they would of killed off Dutch in the first one man!

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:15 PM Edited by feckyerlife, 23 February 2017 - 03:15 PM.

The kid, the woman, and the white guy will survive.

Isn't that a bit cliché? Is Hollywood mind you so yeah, probably right!

It being Hollywood is exactly the reason for my speculation. ;)

in all the predators its the same, the main guy lives and a kid or girl. besides AVP only the black girl lived

Natasha
  • Natasha

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:20 PM

in all the predators its the same, the main guy lives and a kid or girl. besides AVP only the black girl lived

Not to nit pick, but basically in 'all' the predators, either a Man, Woman, or child survives. Isn't that a given? If that never happened then no on survives is all I'm saying? :^:

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:27 PM

Not to nit pick, but basically in 'all' the predators, either a Man, Woman, or child survives. Isn't that a given? If that never happened then no on survives is all I'm saying? :^:

lol yeah kinda but they followed the same pattern, the two movies with the black leads, only that person survived. predator and predators - the lead male and girl survived. AVPR was the only one were a group survived

Natasha
  • Natasha

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:38 PM

lol yeah kinda but they followed the same pattern, the two movies with the black leads, only that person survived. predator and predators - the lead male and girl survived. AVPR was the only one were a group survived

:lol: It was just how you said it was always the same outcome now you're pointing out how it's bascially a different outcome everytime.

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:16 PM

:lol: It was just how you said it was always the same outcome now you're pointing out how it's bascially a different outcome everytime.

well i meant they follow patterns lol it was early, earlier

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:05 PM

I think it would be bloody amazing if the movie starts with the kid getting blown to bits or something. Maybe with a dishonored/bad blood Predator who kills children, women, etc just no hold barred. Would throw everyone for a loop and defy expectations. 

• The Deadite, Actlikeyouknow and Natasha like this

Natasha
  • Natasha

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:51 AM

I think it would be bloody amazing if the movie starts with the kid getting blown to bits or something. Maybe with a dishonored/bad blood Predator who kills children, women, etc just no hold barred. Would throw everyone for a loop and defy expectations.

Oh you sadistic bastard :p I agree though, no one would imagine it. In fairness, give that kid a gun, and they're going to die lol.
  • Flash525 and Actlikeyouknow like this

Actlikeyouknow
  • Actlikeyouknow

One ugly motherf*cker

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:29 PM

C6cLxr1UoAAolkQ.jpg

Shared on Shane Black's twitter

• Natasha likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:05 PM

Hollywood you lazy f*ckers. Trying to sh*t on the original once again.

How is this trying to sh*t on the original? 

• The Deadite likes this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:06 AM

C6cLxr1UoAAolkQ.jpg

Shared on Shane Black's twitter

Is that Theon Greyjoy holding a deck of cards?

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:49 AM

Yes it is. 

Natasha
  • Natasha

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:50 AM

Has a plot line been revealed about this or are we left hanging on this picture for now?

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:01 AM

How much plot reveal do you need? It's a Predator movie. 

Plot: There are some men, and a Predator. Fight. Deaths, many deaths. Top man beats Predator. In this case, I'm assuming Top man is Thomas Jane. Alfie Allen is too AIDS-y to beat a Predator. 

Natasha
  • Natasha

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:23 AM

Plot: There are some men, and a Predator. Fight. Deaths, many deaths. Top man beats Predator. In this case, I'm assuming Top man is Thomas Jane. Alfie Allen is too AIDS-y to beat a Predator.

I would demand £10 if it turned out to not be the typical plot line in that instance :lol: But okay, granted I do appreciate it's more or less a reboot of the original more than likely.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:46 PM

Apparently it's a direct sequel to the first one. Which is fine, he's slotting it into the existing history instead of trying to rewrite it like Ridley Scott's doing with Alien.

• Natasha likes this

NewUsernameMan
  • NewUsernameMan

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:32 AM

I don't know how I feel about this. There's a kid in it, and I hate normal kids in these films.

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:27 AM

The Galactic Thomas the Tank Engine Species is back!

Interesting...

...............wat?

• Payne Killer and Actlikeyouknow like this

Flash525
  • Flash525

Fibre Force Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 March 2017 - 04:05 PM

I hope there's a bit more to this film than that. Not overly fond of the fact it's not a reboot either; think I'd prefer that to be honest. There's only so many ways to tell the same Hunter>Killer story. Predator 2 was utter garbage; I didn't mind Predators though, thought that was quite good except for maybe the familiarity at the end (lets get covered in mud and win).

I'm optimistc, one day, that we'll get an epic Alien vs Predator trilogy, but maybe that optimism is too much!

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:33 PM

Alien v Predator is completely dead after Requiem. I like the theory that both universes are linked through the Engineers making the Aliens to fight the Yautja.

• Flash525 likes this

Flash525
  • Flash525

Fibre Force Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:39 PM

Alien v Predator is completely dead after Requiem. I like the theory that both universes are linked through the Engineers making the Aliens to fight the Yautja.

That's been said before about other franchises that have come back around again. I don't expect we've seen the last of the AvP series; it may not be anytime soon, but you can bet they're not done with them yet!

• Natasha likes this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:48 AM

Has anyone read the supposed leaked story synopsis?

Spoiler

Compounding the rumor is the fact that Arnold passed on the movie based on the script. This sounds terrible, not good terrible but genuinely terrible. Worse than AvP Requiem terrible.

• Payne Killer and The Deadite like this

Flash525
  • Flash525

Fibre Force Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:40 PM Edited by Flash525, 12 April 2017 - 01:41 PM.

If they're going with genetically enhanced Predators now, then yeah, it's going to suck. Predtors are the perfect killer as they are, there’s no need to enhance them. If that leak turns out to be true, this film will fail hard.

• Actlikeyouknow likes this

Actlikeyouknow
  • Actlikeyouknow

One ugly motherf*cker

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:32 AM Edited by Actlikeyouknow, 17 May 2017 - 11:24 PM.

Uh oh boys it's time for some leaks. This picture was taken on set.

​IMG_20170514_113104.jpg

I have dubbed this picture as "Equally confusing, stupid, and awesome all at once."

Dear god they learned how to drive tanks. We are truly f*cked.

But in all seriousness, this looks to be the crew fooling around on set rather than an actual scene. This is also supported by the fact that the Pred on top of the tank is wearing human combat gear.

• UshaB likes this

UshaB
  • UshaB

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:28 AM

Uh oh boys it's time for some leaks. This picture was taken on set.

Dear god they learned how to drove tanks. We are truly f*cked.

But in all seriousness, this looks to be the crew fooling around on set rather than an actual scene. This is also supported by the fact that the Pred on top of the tank is wearing human combat gear.

Yeah, there's a bit of debate going on over at the AVPgalaxy Forum figuring out if this is legit or not. My guess is, this ain't in it since they've wrapped up filming I'm pretty sure, like you said, they're just playing around.

• Actlikeyouknow likes this

Flash525
  • Flash525

Fibre Force Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:45 AM

Maybe there's a plot twist and this is actually legit? There are two Predators on/in that Tank, when the film is titled The Predator, which potentially refers to another one. Maybe Humans and Hunters team up to defeat something else?

UshaB
  • UshaB

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:13 AM

Maybe there's a plot twist and this is actually legit? There are two Predators on/in that Tank, when the film is titled The Predator, which potentially refers to another one. Maybe Humans and Hunters team up to defeat something else?

I was more so referring to the Predator in cargo pants lol. But the; (continue reading if you really wanna)

Spoiler

Flash525
  • Flash525

Fibre Force Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:45 AM

I was more so referring to the Predator in cargo pants lol. But the; (continue reading if you really wanna)

Spoiler

Seems a bit ... dishonourable? Predators have worked with Humans before.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users