Game available for a 64 system?

18 replies to this topic
LittleWeasel
  • LittleWeasel

Ban this account, please.

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 13 February 2016 - 06:19 PM

Hello there, I was wondering if I can run this game on a 64 bytes system? 

By the way, it works on Win 10? 

thehambone
  • thehambone

Psychedelic Creamcheese

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2016 - 04:59 PM

It works for me on Windows 10, so I'd think it should work for you as well. You never know until you try it out.

LittleWeasel
  • LittleWeasel

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 15 February 2016 - 12:25 AM

It works for me on Windows 10, so I'd think it should work for you as well. You never know until you try it out.

Thanks for your answer, if you can, can you pass me the place where you download it? I can't find it anywhere, whenever I find it doesn't work for me. 

Molotok
  • Molotok

K.G.B. Agent

• Members

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:11 AM

You can play the DOS version in DOSBox on pretty much any operating system. I would recommend using DOSBox SVN Daum because it has direct3d support, so you can play with same graphics as pc version. The pc version lagged for me on win7 64 bit and videos didnt play, so the dos version is better imo.

• LittleWeasel likes this

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:30 AM

Any 64 bit Windows can run 32 bit programs just fine. GTA runs okay on modern systems with a bunch of tweaks.

Rockstar Classics version download

• thehambone likes this

LittleWeasel
  • LittleWeasel

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:48 PM

Any 64 bit Windows can run 32 bit programs just fine. GTA runs okay on modern systems with a bunch of tweaks.

Yeah, I know, but in my case I cannot. I'll check if it works. 

LittleWeasel
  • LittleWeasel

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:36 PM

@Helegad It works fine now! Thanks. 

AjdarFan
  • AjdarFan

Forum awarded for biggest Ajdar fan on the universe

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 16 February 2016 - 08:50 PM

is this link including the london packs? if not where i can download them too?

AjdarFan
  • AjdarFan

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:09 PM Edited by Rius, 16 February 2016 - 09:55 PM.

I get an error that says Directplay cannot installed, Helegad. I'm on Windows 10. I searched it on the web but not suprisingly I cannot find any threads that regards this problem, not many players play GTA 1.
Edit: Nevermind, i solved it but now game lags very much, i cannot play it, even after i applied said patches in here

AjdarFan
  • AjdarFan

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 16 February 2016 - 11:34 PM

And can you please post London packs and GTA 2, too?

badnews
  • badnews

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:08 AM Edited by badnews, 18 February 2016 - 12:13 AM.

https://dl.dropboxus...1969 & 1961.zip

Try this link ^ courtesy of Tomasak, has GTA 1 & Both London games, widescreen and working here on 64 bit windows 10

AjdarFan
  • AjdarFan

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:39 PM

Try this link ^ courtesy of Tomasak, has GTA 1 & Both London games, widescreen and working here on 64 bit windows 10

Did you applied the dgVoodoo patch also, or your system are not lagging, or patch included in the link?

badnews
  • badnews

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:55 PM Edited by badnews, 18 February 2016 - 10:56 PM.

Did you applied the dgVoodoo patch also, or your system are not lagging, or patch included in the link?

I didnt bother with it (the dgvoodoo patch), Just installed Tomasaks versions and they work perfectly, Ive had no lagging

AjdarFan
  • AjdarFan

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:36 PM Edited by Rius, 19 February 2016 - 07:36 PM.

I didnt bother with it (the dgvoodoo patch), Just installed Tomasaks versions and they work perfectly, Ive had no lagging
Interesting. Can you give me your PC specs? BTW I wonder when game runs smoothly, on low-end PC's or high-end PC's?

badnews
  • badnews

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 February 2016 - 11:45 PM

Interesting. Can you give me your PC specs? BTW I wonder when game runs smoothly, on low-end PC's or high-end PC's?

My PC is nothing special mate, if you try the link I am pretty sure you will be able to play it fine, Ive played it on every computer Ive had since it was released and theres always been a way to get it working

AjdarFan
  • AjdarFan

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:53 PM

Found what's lagging the game: widescreen fix! I once accidentally forgot to rename ddraw.dll dsound.dll, and dgVoodoo's ddraw.dl overwritten it. Game opened without fix and with very smooth gameplay. But, as you know, screen's very blurry without the fix.

badnews
  • badnews

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:54 PM

Found what's lagging the game: widescreen fix! I once accidentally forgot to rename ddraw.dll dsound.dll, and dgVoodoo's ddraw.dl overwritten it. Game opened without fix and with very smooth gameplay. But, as you know, screen's very blurry without the fix.

Have you tried deleting the version you are using and trying Tomaraks? Or is the lagging on that version?

AjdarFan
  • AjdarFan

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 23 February 2016 - 05:08 AM

Lagging all the time, at everything I tried. Guess I'm forced to play it with 15-20 FPS. 

• Harambe likes this

badnews
  • badnews

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 February 2016 - 04:40 PM

Lagging all the time, at everything I tried. Guess I'm forced to play it with 15-20 FPS. 

Dont know what else to suggest man, Ive tried Tomaraks version on a couple of old ass laptops now and it works fine in widescreen on both of them. Maybe try updating your video drivers and reinstalling directx possibly

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users