Assetto Corsa (PS4/XB1/PC)

2 replies to this topic
CoreyDog2014
  • CoreyDog2014

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2016 - 05:11 PM

So this game has been available on PC for sometime now but is arriving on the PS4 and XBOne soon.

What are peoples thoughts about this game?

The PS4 is really missing a simulation racer. Project Cars is a mediocre racing game really with its emphasis purely on Race Cars with next to nothing for Road Cars. Assetto Corsa may finally be the Sim racer people have been crying out for.

XBOne of course has the Forza Series, which, in my opinion, is one of the best racing franchises ever so Assetto Corsa will have some work to do there.

Dealux
  • Dealux

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 16 July 2017 - 12:20 PM

I am very curious to know how this game plays on a console with a controller. So far from my testing on PC with an Xbox gamepad the results are a complete disaster. The game is not playable at all.

No matter how much you tweak the settings cars still feel too sensitive and floaty. Part of the problem seems to be the third person camera (which I prefer). Oh my god it's so bad. How the f*ck can you not even get that right? The way it keeps moving around or fails to focus on the movements of the car make the controls even more impossible (and no, the "View" settings don't help at all; the camera still floats around like an asshole).

The simulation itself is very reminiscent of the Shift games and Project CARS to some extent. I get that same feeling of sh*tty controls from those games but you can tell that the physics are more realistic. However, it remains unplayable on a gamepad which is a huge shame.

Nico
  • Nico

Amused to death

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 28 September 2017 - 08:00 PM

I was about to create a thread about this but decided to bump this instead since last post isn't very old.

To be honest I disagree about the game being unplayable with controller on PC. It's really fun and responsive to me, and I use a Dualshock 4 pad with the DS4Windows software that emulates a X360 pad. In a perfect world I would have a proper setup with wheel and pedals, but I can't afford that sh*t and I don't have the space for it either. Car variety is cool, but it needs more variety of tracks. However, the ones it has are great, most of them are laser-scanned and highly accurate. The classic version of Monza is a joy to drive on. Also there's tons of mod support and many dedicated modders who provide extra content of all kinds, usually with great quality.

However, the game can be very expensive if you want to get all the content in one purchase. I suggest to wait for a sale if you want to get everything for a more decent price like I did.
  • Audi likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users