Photo

Official David Bowie discussion topic

14 replies to this topic
Sweet Bellic
  • Sweet Bellic

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Finland

Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:40 PM Edited by GTA4LIFE9000, 11 February 2016 - 05:52 PM.

This is the topic for one of the best and skilled musicians ever.

some Bowie´s greatest songs:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Information about David Bowie:

https://en.wikipedia...iki/David_Bowie

His official website:

http://www.davidbowie.com/

Feel free to talk about anything regarding to him and please tell what is your favorite Bowie`s song.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Shaytan
  • Shaytan

Master of procastination

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Portugal

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:26 PM

I have to say David Bowie isn't and never was between the artists I listen to the most. Still, I obviously recognize his great talent and my favourite song from him is "Ziggy Stardust". I even learnt how to play it on the guitar.
  • Blue and Sweet Bellic like this

Blue
  • Blue

oof

• Members
  • Portugal
  • Best Total Overhaul 2017 Contribution [GTA: Underground]
    Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2016 [Runner-up]

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:44 PM

I have to say David Bowie isn't and never was between the artists I listen to the most. Still, I obviously recognize his great talent and my favourite song from him is "Ziggy Stardust". I even learnt how to play it on the guitar.

Deves tocar isso mesmo bem ;)
Anyways, I agree. Bowie was a great artist, even tho I didn't listen much to his music. Real shame he died, to be honest.
My favourite song is the one I listen to all the time: Suffragette City.

(Sorry for the bump)

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade Corporation
  • Poland

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:36 PM

• Sweet Bellic and Ivan1997GTA like this

Michael
  • Michael

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:02 PM

I have visited the David Bowie Is exposition in the Groninger Museum in Groningen. It was very interesting, they even showed his keys of his old house in Berlin and pretty much all of his famous costumes, I really liked the Thin White Duke outfit and the Ashes to Ashes outfit which I have also seen there. Before he passed away I have listened to pretty much all of his albums before Blackstar was available for purchase. After Blackstar was put out on Spotify, I listened to it and I really liked the title track Blackstar, Lazarus and I Can't Give Everything Away. And I remember going to school and that my teacher was screaming oh my god David Bowie has died. And nobody listened but I was so in shock, I asked him if it was some sort of cruel joke and he said now, so I searched on Google News and found out it was really the truth. I have listened for weeks to his music after he died and I really wished he would still be alive. He was one of the biggest influences in music and he opened new doors every time with his iconic albums and outfits and he will be missed.
  • BatFerYou and Sweet Bellic like this

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

GILF

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:10 PM

Bowie was the kind of artist who could sustain you for life.

Over the years, I have bought an album of his pretty much every year, in random order, usually on impulse.  Every one of his albums has a song on it that I immediately loved and have added to the soundtrack of my life.

When I started doing this, I was 20, I got "Earthling" on release and fell in love with "I'm Afraid of Americans" which was remixed a year later by Trent Reznor, still love that song to this day.

At some point a few years ago I got "Hunky Dory" in a second hand record store.  I discovered the song "Quicksand" which had never heard before, love it.

Friends of mine played "As the World Falls Down" as their wedding song.  Another random discovery.

I could go on.  The guy was so versatile.

• Mister Pink, Sweet Bellic and Ivan1997GTA like this

Michael
  • Michael

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:17 PM Edited by Bleached, 11 April 2016 - 02:18 PM.

When I started doing this, I was 20, I got "Earthling" on release and fell in love with "I'm Afraid of Americans" which was remixed a year later by Trent Reznor, still love that song to this day.

I liked Earthling alot and especially Little Wonder and I'm Afraid of Americans. The story behind that song is amazing. I have also seen his McQueen Jacket from the Earthling Tour at the exposition and it really looked awesome! :)

• Mister Pink, BatFerYou and Sweet Bellic like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpink 2018

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster in Music 2017
    Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:57 AM

Yeah I loved some of 90's stuff he released. I was a kid but it was the Bowie I was hearing and was very of it's generation. He was great a keeping with the times. I knew the Bowie classics, thanks to the radio, my older bro and my parents but growing up about 10-12 years old I'm getting this vids below on MTV.

And of course that track with Trent Reznor - I'm Afraid of Americans as mentioned above..

• Sweet Bellic, Ivan1997GTA and Michael like this

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

GILF

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 12 April 2016 - 09:17 AM

Hello Spaceboy is amazing.

It rocks live.

• Mister Pink, Sweet Bellic and Michael like this

Michael
  • Michael

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2016 - 09:30 AM

At the museum they had this wall full of televisions showing the videoclip Hello Spaceboy which seemed kind of interesting.

• Mister Pink, BatFerYou, Sweet Bellic and 1 other like this

ChoosyCircle
  • ChoosyCircle

Leader of Task Force 523

• Members
  • Jersey

Posted 17 September 2016 - 09:22 PM

I gotta admit I like his newest song black star, but the old ones like rebel rebel and fame are still best

Michael
  • Michael

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:58 PM Edited by Michael, 01 April 2017 - 06:57 PM.

His new music complication album has been released with his new album The Gouster and there will be a new music complication called Bowie Legacy coming as well.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Star-Lord
  • Star-Lord

Freelance Outlaw And A Great Dancer l

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:02 PM

David Bowie: The Last Five Years (2018) | Teaser Trailer | HBO

"Focusing on the artist’s final years, David Bowie: The Last Five Years presents a nuanced look at the evolution of Bowie’s music as told through archival footage and interviews with the musical legend’s bandmates. Largely focused on Bowie’s final two albums, The Next Day and Blackstar, the film also explores his musical, Lazarus, which he began developing in the midst of his illness."

Going to watch this for sure.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Queen
  • Queen

Musical Prostitute

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Best Queen Fan
    Nicest Member 2016

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:32 PM

I'm kind of upset this topic hasn't gotten more love. David Bowie is incredible. I don't like everything he's done, but I truly appreciate his ability to both change his appearance and music style over the course of his career. I enjoyed Black Star, particularly the title track and Lazarus. My favorite album is probably The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars. :)

• Neptune Homme

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:20 AM

For anybody who might not know, Bowie posthumously released an EP called No Plan last year on what would have been his 70th birthday. It's made up of four songs, three of which were written and recorded during his Blackstar sessions. They're as good as the aforementioned album, so much so that I decided to tack them onto the end of it in my iTunes. I'm almost disappointed they weren't included, but I'm just happy that they were released at all and I'm hoping for more unreleased gems in the future.

Oh, while I remember, avoid the recent remasters of Bowie's older albums. They sound like absolute sh*t. You're better off with the originals.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users