When you cross the road and randomly yell out "Heeey!! I'm walk'n ere!!"
  • theGTAking101 and Sweet Bellic like this

LittleWeasel
  • LittleWeasel

Ban this account, please.

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:14 AM

You bought it for more than one time along the EFLC. 

• Sweet Bellic likes this

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:31 PM

When you go through the drive thru and they ask you if you want to upgrade to a large and you say "Well...since you put it dat way, I'm in."
  • Algonquin Assassin, Payne Killer, UshaB and 1 other like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:35 PM

When you see someone talking about a Pecorino you feel the need to correct them that Pecorino is a type of cheese and Pegorinos are guido gangsters out of Alderney.

• AuSsIeThUnDeR36 and theGTAking101 like this

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:39 PM

....you've just witnessed the best story-line in the gta series.

• Algonquin Assassin, theGTAking101 and Sweet Bellic like this

Sweet Bellic
  • Sweet Bellic

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Finland

Posted 19 February 2016 - 02:00 PM

You´re a GTA IV fan if you love bowling and do it every week :D

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:29 PM

When you see someone talking about a Pecorino you feel the need to correct them that Pecorino is a type of cheese and Pegorinos are guido gangsters out of Alderney.

Dang Son, it's New Alderney!

You really are 'Half a Gangster'.

:lol:

• Algonquin Assassin, AuSsIeThUnDeR36 and theGTAking101 like this

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:23 PM

When you believe a real gangster -
Dresses in a suit
Is good to his mother
Has a lot of cash
Will actually kill you

Where a hood gangster -
Dresses like a slob
Treats his mum like sh**
Has lot of gold chain but no cash
Won't kill you, is all talk
  • American Viking and Sweet Bellic like this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 20 February 2016 - 12:27 AM

If you are receiving phone calls from boring friends every time to hang out

USE YOU PHONE'S SLEEP MODE FOR f*ckS SAKE!

Seriously, I can't understand the idiots that keep saying "wah wah wah friends keeps calling me to go f*cking bowling" when the game itself tells you about the sleep mode early on the game.

Just one more of the IV critics that make no goddamn sense unless you cant read a goddamn pop up.
  • theGTAking101 and Sweet Bellic like this

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 February 2016 - 12:55 AM

Seriously, I can't understand the idiots that keep saying "wah wah wah friends keeps calling me to go f*cking bowling" when the game itself tells you about the sleep mode early on the game.
Just one more of the IV critics that make no goddamn sense unless you cant read a goddamn pop up.

Putting the phone in sleep mode is one thing, having it automatically back to normal after finishing a mission is another. I think a lot of us do use the sleep mode now and then, it's just the way the game automatically puts it back to normal after completing a mission that makes using sleep mode kinda useless as a game mechanic.
  • Osho likes this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 20 February 2016 - 01:25 AM

Putting the phone in sleep mode is one thing, having it automatically back to normal after finishing a mission is another. I think a lot of us do use the sleep mode now and then, it's just the way the game automatically puts it back to normal after completing a mission that makes using sleep mode kinda useless as a game mechanic.

That's what the phone's icon which is placed beside the radar is for. when you turn the sleep on, an icon appears there, when it's off, it doesn't.
Seriously, I never got annoyed by their phone calls
  • Algonquin Assassin and Misunderstood like this

Misunderstood
  • Misunderstood

Keep up, motherf*cker!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 February 2016 - 01:41 AM

I still don't know why people get so annoyed by the calls. Like, am I playing a bugged out version of GTA IV? Friends almost never call me on IV and all I do nowadays is free-roam and f*ck around. If they call and I don't want to hang out, I simply ignore them and if I really don't want to be bothered, I put my sh*t on sleep mode. But I literally do not get these people who act like they call every 5 minutes. I have to be playing a bugged version. 

• Algonquin Assassin, HaythamKenway, rampage08 and 4 others like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 20 February 2016 - 01:50 AM

I still don't know why people get so annoyed by the calls. Like, am I playing a bugged out version of GTA IV? Friends almost never call me on IV and all I do nowadays is free-roam and f*ck around. If they call and I don't want to hang out, I simply ignore them and if I really don't want to be bothered, I put my sh*t on sleep mode. But I literally do not get these people who act like they call every 5 minutes. I have to be playing a bugged version. 

I was playing GTA IV yesterday and I didn't get a phone call to hang out with someone until I was playing for nearly an hour. There are the odd occasions where a friend will call and a few minutes later another one will, but that doesn't happen enough to warrant this ridiculous "they call every 5 minutes" complaint.

I can understand how some people would find the phone calls annoying, but to me it's always been highly exaggerated. Infact I don't even find the phone calls to be that annoying. What I find annoying is when I do decide to hang out having to pick them up from the other side of the f*cking city argggghhh lol.

• theGTAking101, TheOneLibertonian, Misunderstood and 1 other like this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 February 2016 - 05:07 AM Edited by Osho, 20 February 2016 - 05:10 AM.

I've already covered about the issue with phone call here. People are just being delusional by assuming that its a simple case of not turning off the phone. In a game when the phone helps to drive the main story and frequently pops up in random encounters, it makes no sense to make the phone feature so heavily centred around that even after turning it off, it stops all calls, instead of choosing to turn off the calls that are most annoying, namely, those f*ckin' 'go bowling/hang out' asshole friends that call you at all the wrong times, instead of simply making it the way GTA V handled this fine, leaving the hanging out bullsh*t when you want to, but in IV that's not the case. It randomly pops up the hanging out calls, when you turn on the phone when on the missions, because you need calls to play the story, and other side activities.
There are so many moments of ( phone call from Roman, [ insert character ], ) that makes silent mode pointless during the story mode, rinse and repeat doing the silent phone act every time you want to move the story forward...
If one finds this legitimate complaint from many players at that time idiotic, then they are blatantly trying to attack such people for calling out on IVs sh*tty phone call feature, or trying to be ignorant by simply talking about the times they spend in free roam after completing the story, thus it makes the routine of setting the phone into silent mode less frequent than during the story mode, since the only calls that get blocked now are simply the hanging out ones.

E:typo

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 February 2016 - 05:35 AM

I was playing GTA IV yesterday and I didn't get a phone call to hang out with someone until I was playing for nearly an hour. There are the odd occasions where a friend will call and a few minutes later another one will, but that doesn't happen enough to warrant this ridiculous "they call every 5 minutes" complaint.

I can understand how some people would find the phone calls annoying, but to me it's always been highly exaggerated. Infact I don't even find the phone calls to be that annoying. What I find annoying is when I do decide to hang out having to pick them up from the other side of the f*cking city argggghhh lol.

Nope. I reckon it's their Copies that are faulty. :p

The Calling every Five Minutes thing never happened to me.

• Misunderstood likes this

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 20 February 2016 - 05:38 AM

Nope. I reckon it's their Copies that are faulty. :p

The Calling every Five Minutes thing never happened to me.

People love to hate and exaggerate sometimes. That applies to numerous IV critics. Honestly I never really got annoyed by the calls, If I don't want to hang out I simply ignore them it's simple. I wish V's friends system was more like IV where you get perks instead of nothing.

• Algonquin Assassin, Official General, dognuts and 1 other like this

CarloSpicyWiener
  • CarloSpicyWiener

Can't think of a cool title to put here.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 February 2016 - 05:47 AM Edited by CarloSpicyWiener, 20 February 2016 - 05:49 AM.

I think I've called them more. Even if they do I usually just hang out with them. I only got a few calls (about 2) when I was hunting down 199 pigeons and that takes many hours.

And you also know if your a Gta IV fan when you passionately listen to Intergtity 2.0.
  • Algonquin Assassin, dognuts, theGTAking101 and 1 other like this

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2016 - 06:51 AM

Yeah i never really get that much phone call. I play around 1-2 hours and overall i get is 1 phone call everytime i play the game. Sometimes 2 and not more than that, unless you've got a girlfriend (or 2) then it it will be more often.
  • theGTAking101 and Misunderstood like this

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

Get out of my sight, or I'll kill you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 February 2016 - 07:21 AM

I too never experienced phone calls every 5 minutes, I guess all our games are broken.

I don't know where this exaggeration came from, but I guess the IV critics just wanted to make the game seem worse than it is.

• PhillBellic, Misunderstood and Sweet Bellic like this

American Viking
  • American Viking

WKTT caller

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2016 - 02:49 AM

You know you're a GTA IV fan when...

- You find yourself using Niko's quotes in your own life

- When you've owned the game more than twice on PS3 and XB360 

- When you absolutely hate what GTA has become because you consider IV the gold standard

- When just the thought of GTA IV remastered gives you that fuzzy feeling in your stomach

• Algonquin Assassin, PhillBellic, theGTAking101 and 2 others like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 23 February 2016 - 02:58 AM

- When just the thought of GTA IV remastered gives you that fuzzy feeling in your stomach

You know I was never a big fan of the idea of GTA IV being remastered (Don't fix what isn't broken comes to mind), but it actually intrigues me now. All I think it really needs is a graphical clean up and some of the mechanics tighten up and by that I don't mean watered down like GTA V.

I really hope R* do it eventually. I would cream in my pants to see a GTA IV remaster on my XB1.

• American Viking and Sweet Bellic like this

dognuts
  • dognuts

I look like a lick

• Victim of The Pit™
  • North-Korea

Posted 23 February 2016 - 03:23 AM

You know I was never a big fan of the idea of GTA IV being remastered (Don't fix what isn't broken comes to mind), but it actually intrigues me now. All I think it really needs is a graphical clean up and some of the mechanics tighten up and by that I don't mean watered down like GTA V.

I really hope R* do it eventually. I would cream in my pants to see a GTA IV remaster on my XB1.

A "remaster" would probably mean using maxed PC settings and a lot of anti-aliasing. Maybe even increase the quality of textures. I doubt they would do any work on the game mechanics. Since i play on PC, i'm not bothered by the lack of a remaster, and even if we got one, i doubt it would be much - but i would still love to play GTA IV on my Xbox One.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2016 - 03:28 AM

When you want to be good friends with Niko so he can protect you from any kind of assholes:D

- Ballistics -
  • - Ballistics -

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2016 - 03:32 AM

When you go for the decisions that Niko would choose, not you.
  • HaythamKenway and rampage08 like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 February 2016 - 05:56 AM

A "remaster" would probably mean using maxed PC settings and a lot of anti-aliasing. Maybe even increase the quality of textures. I doubt they would do any work on the game mechanics. Since i play on PC, i'm not bothered by the lack of a remaster, and even if we got one, i doubt it would be much - but i would still love to play GTA IV on my Xbox One.

What? You don't wish for a properly Optimised Game, like how GTA V turned out in that regard?

I'd like such Reworkings.

• dognuts likes this

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:07 AM

I'd love a remaster for both my PS4 and XB1. Purely because I badly want to play IV again. R.I.P. PS3 and Xbox 360.

• HaythamKenway, dognuts and - Ballistics - like this

dognuts
  • dognuts

I look like a lick

• Victim of The Pit™
  • North-Korea

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:08 AM

What? You don't wish for a properly Optimised Game, like how GTA V turned out in that regard?

I'd like such Reworkings.

All that comes to mind was that cars feel heavier, and they introduced the first person mode (which i feel doesn't work right). What else was changed in the GTA V remaster?

Anyway, I would love a properly optimized game, I'm only saying i doubt Rockstar would put any work into it besides using already established graphical upgrades.

sqre
  • sqre

Vice City Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:33 AM

i'm still playing IV today on different accounts so 

that my 100% is still sitting on rockstar's site.

Predator
  • Predator

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:06 AM

when you play Counter and you name the player Niko Bellic

zIXYnmD.png

• Algonquin Assassin, Jeansowaty, Misunderstood and 5 others like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:18 AM

when you play Counter and you name the player Niko Bellic

zIXYnmD.png

"F*cking terrorists"

• B Dawg, Jeansowaty, The Deadite and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users