Quantcast

» «
Photo

Dear r* (regarding overall female clothing choices)

2,834 replies to this topic
Coleco
  • Coleco

Shut up and dance you FOOLS

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:58 PM

Summer is coming

yOJ6kCs.gif

OT: 

I need some jeggings

I'm holding out for some jeggings 'til the update is live

I'd like some in blue

And I'd like some in black

R*, please let my fashion sense thrive ♫

Pssst... or some new hairdos (bobs and ponytails), that'd be grand. No i'm not singing a request for them too, I'm done for the day

• Commander S, ⁣V⁣, Brutal Trout and 4 others like this

xDatxJunkyx
  • xDatxJunkyx

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:41 PM Edited by xDatxJunkyx, 25 May 2017 - 03:43 PM.

Legit. 

Suns out, guns out.  

If you're marketing your game as a "living, breathing world" then the updates I would reasonably expect, to bring this to light, like beach bums and hipsters did. 

Idk what they would add though. :/, it'd be nice if they added a content pack like the early days. I was reading an article on RDR2's hiatus, and the guys at Take Two spoke about having a plan for many future updates.

So hopefully . . . our complaints are being heard, especially with the kotaku paper which was very popular, and things are being put in place now to remedy this. 

If there was a summer update in my image . . . I would want; High waisted shorts, accessories like ascots, different necklaces, belts. better sunglasses, like round ray bans, the clubmaster ones. 

Don't get me started on the hair. I would take anything I guess.

And casual dresses, who can forget.

• Coleco, AfroKloud and Happy Hunter like this

⁣V⁣
  • ⁣V⁣

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:46 PM

Would love some thigh-high boots.
like so:
Spoiler

They added the hoodie that's long enough to work as a skirt/dress.
How about a sweater one?
like so:
Spoiler
  • Dan Dark, Commander S, Ya Boy Punk Fan and 8 others like this

Arkseven
  • Arkseven

If doubt, Flat Out!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:12 PM

Do you guys think we need more "classy" outfits?

I like to combine "my car with my clothes".

But everytime i pick cars like the Stirling, Stinger, classic Coquette or Monroe, i can't find good outfits to combine with them.

What --V-- posted is actually perfect...

• LeperJones, Commander S, ⁣V⁣ and 1 other like this

Coleco
  • Coleco

Shut up and dance you FOOLS

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:18 PM

Why not - as long as it's actually classy and not the usual 'new money' trash that seems to characterize this game at present.

• Dan Dark, Commander S and Ya Boy Punk Fan like this

xDatxJunkyx
  • xDatxJunkyx

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:47 PM Edited by xDatxJunkyx, 25 May 2017 - 06:53 PM.

But everytime i pick cars like the Stirling, Stinger, classic Coquette or Monroe, i can't find good outfits to combine with them.

I live for all things vintage and retro. Both in real life and in video games when they permit me.  In real life, I'm preppy to the maximum, cardigan sweaters, boatshoes, patterns with my shirts, sweaters themselves, trousers instead of jeans for the most part. 

Even my room has aqua walls, deep brown furniture, and teal acessories to emulate that mid century feel. If I could change anything about our current age, I would make everything styled with a 1960's trend, while keeping the current social fabric as it is. 

Classy is where its at.  0JNrp9e.png

Everything from my character, to the cars she drives are nothing but classics. I own a handful of modern cars. The modern corvette, the F650 . . . and that's about it..I believe. 

I also like to combine my cars with my clothes. Unfortunately, the clothing we have are mismatched and or don't look very good to wear. I personally like to shoot for an "Avant-Garde" hipster type look. My current favourite outfit is:

Black Turtleneck,

Some earring. Right now I have gold studs. 

Black pumps

Triangle/blue skirt. 

With black cat eyes (The best casual glasses in my opinion, one of the only dozen things they actually got right...).

I tried to make a beatnik look, but the way these guys design their "Black clothing" has me frustrated. Why are all the blacks mismatched, ans since when is charcoal "Black"???!?!?!? I don't get it. I wish they'd go back and make the black clothes pitch black. 

-The sorta high waisted "cropped" denim pants we have are weird in the butt area, do those look like back pockets to you? 

An, "I'm not a hipster" part 2, would be a godsend for "classy" clothes in my opinion, although you and I might have different tastes. 

Actual blouses and decently designed skirts,

Sweater dresses,

More pinup and shoulder length hairstyles and much much more would be a welcomed addition. I get what you're saying. That's my main gripe as a player, I don't want to look stupid or like everyone else, individuality is a key component when it comes to open world games such as these. 

Just some of the many clothes that should already be a given if you think about it... yet we don't have them yet the NPCS do...weird.

• AfroKloud, Happy Hunter and Hécate-II like this

⁣V⁣
  • ⁣V⁣

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:54 PM

I'm a sucker for classics. From Classic Rock to Sport Classics (GT).
I am actually hoping for some "classy" outfits in the future. More summer-friendly. Cause we got some sh*tty overcoats and winter jackets with I/E ready for well... winter.
But Summer's coming and I'm hoping for some summer outfits that aren't local-militia-type and are actually pretty "classy".

And maybe some classic cars as a dessert.(Like the Dominator Classic)
Spoiler
  • Beez, Suzuki Azure Vulpine, xDatxJunkyx and 2 others like this

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2017 - 07:26 PM

Summer is coming

yOJ6kCs.gif

OT: 

I need some jeggings

I'm holding out for some jeggings 'til the update is live

I'd like some in blue

And I'd like some in black

R*, please let my fashion sense thrive ♫

New release from Cacofonix? lol j/k

• Coleco likes this

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:29 AM

Dammit, the screenshots Rockstar released of Gunrunning only show males, so no idea what female outfits there will be. Hopefully we get a few more shots throughout the week :D Catsuit, please... Madafakin catsuit!

• Suzuki Azure Vulpine, AfroKloud and GTA Online Girls like this

KreatiivFox
  • KreatiivFox

Let's get one thing straight: I'M NOT.

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:44 AM

Dammit, the screenshots Rockstar released of Gunrunning only show males, so no idea what female outfits there will be. Hopefully we get a few more shots throughout the week :D Catsuit, please... Madafakin catsuit!

Doubt we'd get catsuits with a military update.

Maybe a camo one, though?

2016-Nieuwe-Mode-Camouflage-Zentai-Pak-L

• Sneakerhead., Solid Scorpion, REXX and 1 other like this

⁣V⁣
  • ⁣V⁣

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:51 AM

Someone said the one on the further left is a female character.
c61d2908033f180d5f1bf5ee0240bcc1ea0383d7

So I guess grills are getting the same military stealth jackets, camo cargo pants and boots as the bois.
Since that tends to be the case, I do expect some deeply military stealth outfits straight from Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell.

Also, that might be a new haircut on her, so anything is possible.
  • REXX and xDatxJunkyx like this

xDatxJunkyx
  • xDatxJunkyx

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 May 2017 - 01:11 AM

Someone said the one on the further left is a female character.
c61d2908033f180d5f1bf5ee0240bcc1ea0383d7

So I guess grills are getting the same military stealth jackets, camo cargo pants and boots as the bois.
Since that tends to be the case, I do expect some deeply military stealth outfits straight from Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell.

Also, that might be a new haircut on her, so anything is possible.

Grill?!

Grill? Grill? Grill??!~?!?!?!?!?1/ WHERE!

Hopefully that's a new Pixie cut or something. Being black themselves, my character doesn't look good in the braids they made with lowriders. Is that a pony tail? Hmmm.

As for clothing its all up in the air. I hopefor some goodies. I only have 22.3 million buckaroos, I need to grind some more.

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 26 May 2017 - 01:35 AM

Doubt we'd get catsuits with a military update.
Maybe a camo one, though?

2016-Nieuwe-Mode-Camouflage-Zentai-Pak-L

As long as its skin tight, I ain't complaining :lol:

TovarishTony
  • TovarishTony

[РККА] Krasnaya Army

• Members

Posted 26 May 2017 - 02:59 AM

I bet the clothes will suck again as usual knowing the previous DLCs after Bikers.

• AfroKloud likes this

xDatxJunkyx
  • xDatxJunkyx

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:22 AM

I bet the clothes will suck again as usual knowing the previous DLCs after Bikers.

Here's hoping you're not quite right. 

The beret's are looking decent. I hope to the sun that the clothing isn't "regimented" like how it was with recent updates. Everything ported over from the male, nothing totally new, just colour coded crap. 

I get where you're coming from. I/E was the biggest disappointment in that regard. 

HamwithCheese
  • HamwithCheese

President of the LS Coquette Owners Club

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:03 AM

Here's hoping you're not quite right. 

The beret's are looking decent. I hope to the sun that the clothing isn't "regimented" like how it was with recent updates. Everything ported over from the male, nothing totally new, just colour coded crap. 

I get where you're coming from. I/E was the biggest disappointment in that regard. 

We're definitely getting more "one size fits all" clothes seeing how we can barely identify a female character in the screens. I HOPE TO GOD THERES SOME MAD MAX STUFF.

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:09 AM Edited by Quinn_flower, 26 May 2017 - 04:09 AM.

And the clothing is a let down again....

Bleep

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:34 AM

See, this is what I was getting at a while back: this update is probably not the update that'll see any major improvements clothing-wise - partly due to the theme not really lending itself to that, and partly because if R* has taken notice of this effort, it's likely Gunrunning was already set in stone before then.

Instead, I think the best we can hope for is to use it as a 'barometer' to gauge how good/bad things are. I'm guessing 'no better than Import/Export' in terms of repurposed palette swaps from male characters, oversized tops, textures compressed to Hull and back, and absolutely zip/zilch/nada/nowt added at Bob Mulét. :rol:

However much of a damp squib it turns out to be, I supposed we can at least focus efforts in response. And on a more positive note, I've finally had the opportunity to play GTA IV (no, really - never had it back on last-gen!), and there's a whole lot of good/bad stuff in there that's turned out to be quite enlightening, clothing/character customisation-wise. Will try to compile some stuff next week and go into more detail, as soon as I've got a bit of time to screencap stuff...

• Coleco likes this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:40 AM

Gta iv well as the clothing was really limited in the mp department but u can make a decent npc still.

LeperJones
  • LeperJones

SANTANIST

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:59 AM

See, this is what I was getting at a while back: this update is probably not the update that'll see any major improvements clothing-wise - partly due to the theme not really lending itself to that, and partly because if R* has taken notice of this effort, it's likely Gunrunning was already set in stone before then.

Instead, I think the best we can hope for is to use it as a 'barometer' to gauge how good/bad things are. I'm guessing 'no better than Import/Export' in terms of repurposed palette swaps from male characters, oversized tops, textures compressed to Hull and back, and absolutely zip/zilch/nada/nowt added at Bob Mulét. :rol:

However much of a damp squib it turns out to be, I supposed we can at least focus efforts in response. And on a more positive note, I've finally had the opportunity to play GTA IV (no, really - never had it back on last-gen!), and there's a whole lot of good/bad stuff in there that's turned out to be quite enlightening, clothing/character customisation-wise. Will try to compile some stuff next week and go into more detail, as soon as I've got a bit of time to screencap stuff...

If anything I thought this update's theme WOULD lend itself to more creative clothing options, at least as far as military equipment or, at the very least, holsters or police equipment. Considering how a lot of people have been requesting Merryweather style gear since literally the advent of Online. 

D.B. Cooper
  • D.B. Cooper

Seems like it's my turn again

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:12 AM

Gta iv well as the clothing was really limited in the mp department but u can make a decent npc still.

Plus it had long hair

QtvFl1s.png

• Quinn_flower and Commander S like this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:22 AM Edited by Commander S, 26 May 2017 - 05:23 AM.

See, this is what I was getting at a while back: this update is probably not the update that'll see any major improvements clothing-wise - partly due to the theme not really lending itself to that, and partly because if R* has taken notice of this effort, it's likely Gunrunning was already set in stone before then.

Instead, I think the best we can hope for is to use it as a 'barometer' to gauge how good/bad things are. I'm guessing 'no better than Import/Export' in terms of repurposed palette swaps from male characters, oversized tops, textures compressed to Hull and back, and absolutely zip/zilch/nada/nowt added at Bob Mulét.  :rol:

If anything I thought this update's theme WOULD lend itself to more creative clothing options, at least as far as military equipment or, at the very least, holsters or police equipment. Considering how a lot of people have been requesting Merryweather style gear since literally the advent of Online. 

True, but aside from the ongoing issues with general clothing asset quality, even with R* finally adding some more overtly military clothing, that doesn't address the main raison d'être of this thread: better general-purpose female clothing. I'm not getting my hopes up for high street fashion (dresses, boots, etc.) - in the same way that things like the APC are oft-requested vehicles, but that still doesn't mean that Gunrunning is going to be the place to see a lot of other popular wishlist vehicles, like tuners, custom muscle, etc.

⁣V⁣
  • ⁣V⁣

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2017 - 11:41 AM

Bikers had the Deadline outfits for 200k
I/E had the glowing bodysuit thing for 100k
Here's hoping they bring some tactical spec-ops, fill body outfit.

Catsuit is a promising idea. Would still buy it for 300k
  • REXX and AfroKloud like this

RollsReus1959
  • RollsReus1959

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 26 May 2017 - 11:06 PM

High end fashionable clothing should have came during execs and crim because of the theme, clothing doesn't look promising with gun running theme.

I don't want those non-fitted tactical crap.
  • AfroKloud likes this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 26 May 2017 - 11:45 PM

This upcoming update obviously doesn't have much promise, fashion-wise.

But I guess the thing about the stuff Quinn wants is - it doesn't have to strictly be tied to just one update. Like my thing - it's only likely to be added in a military update. Whereas clothes (non-sh*tty ones) could be with almost any kind of update, just not really specialized ones like this (would gladly be proven wrong by Rockstar though).

Pretty sure it came out the updates will go on longer than expected anyway. I don't know if that's good or bad - on one hand, more opportunity for clothes in this game; on the other, the big boost that GTA VI could bring to customization is pushed back.

Anyway, just wanted to say I still support this fully, and I'm sorry if I've come across as selfish lately. It's just this update was the best chance for what I wanted, and it doesn't seem to have it. Yet, anyway.

• Solid Scorpion, REXX, Quinn_flower and 2 others like this

Solid Scorpion
  • Solid Scorpion

Such a lust for GTA, Whoo?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 May 2017 - 12:37 PM

The beret's are looking decent.

I'm actually sold on some better berets. I didn't even know I wanted em till I saw the pic.

I'm just hoping whatever else we do get is combineable with everything. I don't care if it ever so slightly clips.

• Happy Hunter likes this

Runzu
  • Runzu

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:57 PM Edited by Runzu, 29 May 2017 - 04:08 AM.

My first character slot had also been female like myself, so I never realized how little options women characters had compared to men until I made my 2nd character male. There are so many options for guys! The thing that I find a little bit aggravating is the fact that there are so many items that I feel could definitely be unisex. The number of boots and other non-heel apparel blew my mind, along with the hats and clothing. I started to get mad as I scrolled through all the possibilities I'd love for my main.

I'm not really a feminine person generally and I'd love for lots of the options that guys have to be ported over to the women characters for wear. I always thought for the longest time GTA:O didn't really have much clothing across the board. Along with that, I'd love to see some more hair styles for kinky hair.

I'm not really into purses, but it could definitely work for those who love to roleplay and add some pizzazz. I'd also love some fem options for guys. Nothing wrong with more options for everyone who would use them.

• D.B. Cooper, Happy Hunter and GTA Online Girls like this

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

Pull up on you with the Draco 'BaNg bAnG!'

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2017 - 04:42 AM

My first character slot had also been female like myself, so I never realized how little options women characters had compared to men until I made my 2nd character male. There are so many options for guys! The thing that I find a little bit aggravating is the fact that there are so many items that I feel could definitely unisex. The number of boots and other non-heel apparel blew my mind, along with the hats and clothing. I started to get mad as I scrolled through all the possibilities I'd love for my main.

I'm not really a feminine person generally and I'd love for lots of the options that guys have to be ported over to the women characters for wear. I always thought for the longest time GTA:O didn't really have much clothing across the board. Along with that, I'd love to see some more hair styles for kinky hair.

I'm not really into purses, but it could definitely work for those who love to roleplay and add some pizzazz. I'd also love some fem options for guys. Nothing wrong with more options for everyone who would use them.

I agree with the bolded, I can't see why they can't add some of the female hair options for guys. I mean irl there are guys that wear braided buns and bobs too lol (See avatar for reference)

• D.B. Cooper, Happy Hunter and Runzu like this

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

Where did I park my Tornado?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 28 May 2017 - 04:59 AM

I feel you guys on the color mismatches >_<

Trying to make an outfit in black, and none of the "Black" pieces match.  Neither do blues, or browns, or grays...  Grrrrrr....

• Coleco, sleepwalk1980 and Happy Hunter like this

21:6
  • 21:6

| v a p o r w a v e |

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 29 May 2017 - 03:55 AM Edited by 21:6, 29 May 2017 - 03:56 AM.

Alright, I'm going to enforce this. We need more logo T-Shirts. Preferably Macintosh, or in this case iFruit or Facade shirts to wear. We also need astronaut suits so we can pretend to visit the moon. I believe that's in the game files and maybe in Rockstar Editor? So yh thats my perspective on things. Make our characters look a e s t h e t i c boi.

print_all_over_me_3_t-shirt_0000000p-mac

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users