Quantcast

» «
Photo

Dear r* (regarding overall female clothing choices)

2,891 replies to this topic
Optimus primal
  • Optimus primal

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:15 PM

What I'm asking is if anyone tried to make modded outfits like Quinn. There's alot of components for jeans and boots I just haven't tried alot of things. Was looking for some ideas

PwnageSoldier
  • PwnageSoldier

Commander of Wolf Operations

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:20 PM

Spoiler

Guess I'm out then. Got outfits with glitched apparel that can no longer be obtained. Guess I can live without some joggers :lol:
Well I'm on PS4, and if you got some friends lying around, I can help you do the Juggernaut adversary mode glitch inside. At least you'd get a juggernaut suit :lol:

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:24 PM

What I'm asking is if anyone tried to make modded outfits like Quinn. There's alot of components for jeans and boots I just haven't tried alot of things. Was looking for some ideas

Without modding, the only one I found was when we were introduced to VIP. I managed to glitch knee high boots over VIP clothing. Which can't be done anymore as we were given the VIP clothing to purchase.

n6xp7xwhuw6qfqbbns5k.png
  • Solid Scorpion, Ya Boy Punk Fan, xDatxJunkyx and 1 other like this

xDatxJunkyx
  • xDatxJunkyx

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 May 2017 - 04:33 AM

Gunrunning is sure going to be expensive... here's hoping expensive= a plethora of items. Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

• Solid Scorpion, Ya Boy Punk Fan and Happy Hunter like this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:44 PM

See, I'm actually hoping that if this extra visibility* does result in something (like how the push for biker stuff quite likely led to the Bikers update), R* doesn't just half-ass something quickly, and tack it on to the next update - IMO, better to get gun-running out of the way, and instead have the next thing after that (which I'm guessing will come by the end of summer, maybe) be the earliest time we see all this bear fruit.

Better to wait another update first, and have R* take the time to deliver something satisfactory, than rush out a last-minute half-measure. Kinda like the difference between Bikers as a satisfactory MC update, and just pointing to the poor, lonely Elegy Retro, and saying "look - there's that tuner update you wanted!". :turn:

*speaking of which, it's surprising (but actually not really, if you think about it! ;)) how positive and in agreement most of the broader response has been. You'd expect NeoGaf to devolve into the predictable 'this isn't a dress-up game' or 'GTA has bigger problems' hand-waving, but instead, I'm amused just how often people chime in with 'I know, right?' or 'yeah, my wife/girlfriend complains about this all the time!', or 'the layering limitations are really frustrating!' - see here: http://www.neogaf.co...d.php?t=1365163

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 05 May 2017 - 04:06 PM

Oh wow I'm famous lol
  • RedDagger, Commander S, xDatxJunkyx and 2 others like this

xDatxJunkyx
  • xDatxJunkyx

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 May 2017 - 05:32 PM

Because, our gripes are not out of the way or impossible to implement... the features we have right now feel so thrown on, as if they didn't plan for it to be a feature originally. 

-body like a linebacker

-broad shoulders

-Skin texture 

The fact that a majority of the clothing is ported over and not original, is also something everyone agrees with. Customization is now almost an integral part in gaming today. Even strictly FPS games like CoD have character selection and customization. 

I hope it isn't tacked on "Per se" but I hope that what we get cosmetically in gunrunning is a step up from the crap we got in cunning stunts and the I/E update. If our article inspired them to make a cosmetic heavy update, that'd be amazing . . . but I wonder what premise it'd be under? You know that artwork with the chick with the pink Mammoth, dress and everything, An update under the guise of opulence and being spoiled would be okay I guess... Open up actual houses in vinewood, and the hills, etc.

but then again, everyone talks about "Nightlife" so that's also a good option too.

• AfroKloud likes this

PwnageSoldier
  • PwnageSoldier

Commander of Wolf Operations

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 May 2017 - 05:58 PM Edited by PwnageSoldier, 05 May 2017 - 06:08 PM.

Played with REXX (or should I say Alexa) last night. Really jealous of her iconic outfit. Probably one of the most imaginative Spec Ops outfits I've seen. Imagine a squad of ponytail haired girls in that outfit in a Dinghy, probably would be a sweet heist :p

Side note: Can you glitch the Gas Mask or even the Chemical Mask under a Cunning Stunts helmet? I wanted to make a riot outfit since I got the unique black juggernaut suit. I wonder how many other people got it before it was patched :lol:

EDIT: Is it just me or do the women got abs and the men don't on GTA:O?
  • REXX likes this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:29 PM

Because, our gripes are not out of the way or impossible to implement... the features we have right now feel so thrown on, as if they didn't plan for it to be a feature originally. 

-body like a linebacker

-broad shoulders

-Skin texture 

The fact that a majority of the clothing is ported over and not original, is also something everyone agrees with. Customization is now almost an integral part in gaming today. Even strictly FPS games like CoD have character selection and customization. 

I hope it isn't tacked on "Per se" but I hope that what we get cosmetically in gunrunning is a step up from the crap we got in cunning stunts and the I/E update. If our article inspired them to make a cosmetic heavy update, that'd be amazing . . . but I wonder what premise it'd be under? You know that artwork with the chick with the pink Mammoth, dress and everything, An update under the guise of opulence and being spoiled would be okay I guess... Open up actual houses in vinewood, and the hills, etc.

but then again, everyone talks about "Nightlife" so that's also a good option too.

Aside from the optimist in me that really hopes they throw in a few 'general-purpose' hairstyles in with gun-running, I suppose the most promising sign of an improvement might just be if they improve the actual asset quality when it comes to clothing. If gun-running rolls around, and the clothes are still just more oversized blobs with low-res (as in, lower-res than stuff added with I'm Not A Hipster back in 2013 - !!) textures, then ...eh, maybe the message hasn't quite sunk in yet (or optimistically, R* had already finished work on those before the Kotaku article!).

As for build/proportions, yeah, there's a lot of problems with the fact that they copied a whole lot of it from the single-player characters. All characters have the same height/frame because they share a hodge-podge of animations from Michael/Franklin/Trevor, and for male characters, there's a bunch of clothes that are just copied over, too.

I get the impression overall that R* never really expected people would care that much about character customisation - not in the way they would about personalising their cars, because of the general indifference shown in terms of quality control and whatnot. And yet, one look at the Snapmatic community, and it's clear a lot of people really enjoy that side of things - and that's why I find R*'s continued 'eh, whatever' attitude to be so baffling, because they MUST be aware of that, simply because they feature player Snaps in Newswire showcases and even in social media advertisements. They can see people like to get creative with character outfits and styling, so ...why does that stuff still lag behind?

Again, I'm still optimistic that's possibly going to change as a result of all this, though - and yeah, a Nightlife Update would be an ideal way of doing it. Social hub properties of some sort, more regular fashion, maybe use it as an excuse for some more street-level vehicles (I wants mah tuners, dammit! :p), etc. - after all, we've had bikers, high-level criminal kingpins, stunts/motorsports, and most likely quasi-military stuff. High time we had something more grounded, more everyday as a nice change of pace - and if that ain't a perfect opportunity to add some high street fashion, I don't know what is... ;)

• AfroKloud likes this

PetrolCB
  • PetrolCB

I Am The Fly

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:04 PM

Without modding, the only one I found was when we were introduced to VIP. I managed to glitch knee high boots over VIP clothing. Which can't be done anymore as we were given the VIP clothing to purchase.

n6xp7xwhuw6qfqbbns5k.png

Man, I miss this glitch a ton.
  • REXX and Amy Vinewood like this

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:58 PM

Played with REXX (or should I say Alexa) last night. Really jealous of her iconic outfit. Probably one of the most imaginative Spec Ops outfits I've seen. Imagine a squad of ponytail haired girls in that outfit in a Dinghy, probably would be a sweet heist :p

Side note: Can you glitch the Gas Mask or even the Chemical Mask under a Cunning Stunts helmet? I wanted to make a riot outfit since I got the unique black juggernaut suit. I wonder how many other people got it before it was patched :lol:

EDIT: Is it just me or do the women got abs and the men don't on GTA:O?

Try this for the masks. Don't think it'll work with the gas mask though.
  • PwnageSoldier likes this

RollsReus1959
  • RollsReus1959

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:19 PM Edited by RollsReus1959, 05 May 2017 - 11:19 PM.

FFS listen to the people.

Give us clothes now.

Summer is almost here and the newest clothes are coats and jackets.
  • xDatxJunkyx, PwnageSoldier and PajeroJonas like this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:28 PM

R* gives us nun outfits instead

Joemoetoe
  • Joemoetoe

Champion of the Amazons

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2017 - 02:53 AM

Ghetto whore outfits

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 06 May 2017 - 05:07 AM

edited mainpost added the article link. 

• The-Irish-Hunter and Happy Hunter like this

The-Irish-Hunter
  • The-Irish-Hunter

The Absolute God of Hyper Death, The Hunter

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:08 PM

This goes for both genders, but I just found out that, not only does R* restrict things like the cop outfit to adversary modes, but they also restrict normal f*cking clothing items...

Like this T-Shirt. Why can this not be bought in freemode!?

n9zm9Fz.jpg

Or this blue one. It's also not in freemode.

6OppNRN.jpg

Like, what the hell? Why?

• OCDee, Dan Dark, Quinn_flower and 3 others like this

Ray's Occult Books
  • Ray's Occult Books

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:11 PM

Why can't female characters have the same body template of the NPCs, shapely Figures big jugs. Instead we have fried eggs hanging from a nail.
  • AfroKloud likes this

Thehunteroftruth
  • Thehunteroftruth

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 May 2017 - 10:40 PM Edited by Thehunteroftruth, 07 May 2017 - 10:41 PM.

Why can't female characters have the same body template of the NPCs, shapely Figures big jugs. Instead we have fried eggs hanging from a nail.

Cause it's easier for them to copy paste male model clothing to the female wich results sadly into an oversized mess with blurry textures
  • Happy Hunter likes this

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

Pull up on you with the Draco 'BaNg bAnG!'

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:31 AM Edited by Sneakerhead., 08 May 2017 - 05:31 AM.

The females need Mani/Pedi options because their feet and hands look old and nasty af. Their feet look like they came off a mummy from the King Tut era.scusthov.gif

It makes no sense to be a billionaire/millionaire female with plenty of clothes, make up, expensive tastes .etc but you can't do something as simple as get your nails done.A1Bny.png

• Quinn_flower and AfroKloud like this

GrizzJack
  • GrizzJack

N'wah

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:06 PM

Needs more tight jeans and leggings, short leggings anything that what's trending nowadays. After spending time in watchdogs2 I can't look at GTA characters in the same way, nothing can fix the models until next series will arrive, imo. R* need to hire one of those French designers from Ubisoft, despite their reputation about uplay, badPCport, etc., they make great clothes. 

• AfroKloud likes this

Snu
  • Snu

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:10 PM

Actually there is quite a lot of jeans but we are still missing high waist and some black pants, the only black ones have some purple heart on the back. 

And high waist shorts.

• Dan Dark likes this

RollsReus1959
  • RollsReus1959

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:29 AM Edited by RollsReus1959, 10 May 2017 - 01:35 AM.

I kind of like their body types. Generic athletic. Lol at that description but the more customization the better.

Raw is War in N64 has more customizable characters than this.

We want accessories too. Duffel bag and chute bags are cool but lets get some designer backpacks.

The headphones are cool so let us make more urban attires. Heck just copy and paste over.

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:30 AM Edited by Quinn_flower, 10 May 2017 - 01:30 AM.

I kind of like their body types. Generic athletic. Lol at that description but the more customization the better.

You mean no mercy lol

RollsReus1959
  • RollsReus1959

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:37 AM Edited by RollsReus1959, 10 May 2017 - 01:40 AM.

You mean no mercy lol

Yes. That one. It's been awhile.

I use to spend hours on it.

Create a wrestler ftw

hqdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

• PetrolCB likes this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:49 AM

You mean no mercy lol

Create a wrestler ftw
hqdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Good times... Still regarded as the best wrestling game
  • PetrolCB likes this

HamwithCheese
  • HamwithCheese

President of the LS Coquette Owners Club

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:58 AM

You mean no mercy lol

Create a wrestler ftw
hqdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Are the two characters in these pics? I only see Batman...

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:32 PM Edited by Quinn_flower, 10 May 2017 - 05:34 PM.

off topic but whats up with some people copying my dear r* format....like i know Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but  come on still ....be more creative....

• Happy Hunter likes this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:20 PM Edited by Commander S, 10 May 2017 - 07:20 PM.

off topic but whats up with some people copying my dear r* format....like i know Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but  come on still ....be more creative....

"But Mom, when am I going to get my Kotaku article for the thing I want in GTA Online?" :sigh:

(ignoring the fact that the whole point of this - and why Kotaku ran a piece on it - was the significant, ongoing critique of how R* handles character customisation options in the game, and not just 'here's someone's unrealistic wishlist'.... :rol:)

#mechsuitsandsuperpowersorriot

#realisticsteakpl0x

#jetpacksandmansionsandcasionsohmy

#softsecretswasliketotallyrightyouguys

• Quinn_flower and xDatxJunkyx like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:34 PM

They could at least call it Project something or the other :p

Oh, and I just wanted to say congratulations on the Kotaku article. Really good stuff.

• Quinn_flower, alkaline_ and The-Irish-Hunter like this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:43 PM

Lol thanks! Yea u was banned when that came out lol
  • The-Irish-Hunter and Happy Hunter like this

13 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users