Quantcast

» «
Photo

Dear r* (regarding overall female clothing choices)

2,916 replies to this topic
D.B. Cooper
  • D.B. Cooper

Seems like it's my turn again

• Members
  • Australia
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:14 PM

We see ALL these npc with pretty cool looking clothes but yet we have ZERO access to them, why?

Because Rockstar wants us to look like sh*t and not give more variety that's already in game not available to us. If we find a way to actually do this it gets patched/hot fixed within hours or by the next update.

I get your complaints but it's really not as simple as you say, just because an NPC is wearing something does not mean the player character can wear but Rockstar's just restricting it, NPC clothing is specifically for the specific NPC model. If you tried equipping any NPC clothes on a player it would look ridiculous, e.g. the torso/legs/whatever would be entirely disproportionate to the rest of the body. 

xDatxJunkyx
  • xDatxJunkyx

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:16 PM Edited by xDatxJunkyx, 10 April 2017 - 04:18 PM.

. . . I dunno if you're trolling or if you're genuine. :/

Because back then, GTA (2008) wasn't about online. At that point in history, Single Player made or broke your game. Not everything was seamless. The 2010's are all about MMO's/Customization and mass online components. 

In my opinion, along with everyone else's in here, the fact that we see all these NPCs, both male and female, dressed up so proper and look so different and pleasant looking, compared to our lackluster clothing and bodies, is mind boggling. 

My prime example for this, is the valley girl who works at the Suburban shops. More thought should've went into the texturing and physique of our characters for sure. 

-Dresses, Spring Dresses, putting a jacket ontop of the leather jackets

-Heeled boots?

-Cardigans?

-Textured bodies that dont make us look like amazon warriors? 

If you can add vehicle deathraces up in the sky, than our gripes aren't all that far fetched. 

Your argument that this is "GTA" is a fallacy. Its not all about killing, there's an opulence and the urge to make your mark. Fast cars, high life etc. . . 

Dressing like a Bozo in LOS ANGELES! of all friggin places, ruins that. 

Not everyone wants to walk around wearing warpaint and heavy body armor in a spin off of Los Angeles. Some of us have fashion sense.

• vnus_dmlo, PajeroJonas and VictorVince1239 like this

TCA
  • TCA

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:30 PM

We see ALL these npc with pretty cool looking clothes but yet we have ZERO access to them, why?
Because Rockstar wants us to look like sh*t and not give more variety that's already in game not available to us. If we find a way to actually do this it gets patched/hot fixed within hours or by the next update.

I get your complaints but it's really not as simple as you say, just because an NPC is wearing something does not mean the player character can wear but Rockstar's just restricting it, NPC clothing is specifically for the specific NPC model. If you tried equipping any NPC clothes on a player it would look ridiculous, e.g. the torso/legs/whatever would be entirely disproportionate to the rest of the body. 

Yeah they would have to make the proper adjustments or basically make a variation similar to it, but that won't happen lol.

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:53 PM

women have enough clothes

That's like, an oxymoron or something. An impossibility.

Give them more clothes, Rockstar.

• vnus_dmlo, N R G, Actlikeyouknow and 3 others like this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:05 PM

Spoiler

Late to the party, but as has already been said, that's not what propaganda means. At all.

Also, again, GTA isn't 'a killing game'. It's a crime game, with cars and shooting. And arguably, the cars come first - it's in the friggin' name, after all... :sigh:

But beyond that, it's a bit late to start complaining about adding to the creative/non-combat side of things, considering R* adds cosmetic items with almost every update*, as well as things like, oh, I dunno...

...an exhaustive video/photo editing suite. And that's after they built an in-game selfie camera into GTA V. But sure, anything that ain't 'killing' is a poor fit for the game... :turn:

(also lol at the idea that 'pixels and memory' are being eaten up by all this stuff - aside from the 'that's not how any of that works' side of it, there's also the small detail that in moving a last-gen game to current-gen, R* gave the game a vast amount of power and resources to play with, and we're nowhere near reaching the point of taxing the current hardware)

Overall, complaining about R* adding clothes is like complaining that they've added more cars with an update. That ship sailed when R* added extensive wardrobe options in single-player, and again when the very first GTAO update (Beach Bum) added a huge assortment of additional clothes. Like it or loathe it, that's just a core part of the game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

*thing is, you almost managed to come close to getting why this whole thread/effort exists - because R* do put in a lot of clothes every time, true. But they're all-too-often ...naff. And particularly low-effort for female characters, too (like they're just a cheap reuse of stuff designed for male characters, even if they don't fit properly). And with every update that adds awful clothes that no-one was asking for, that's time, resources and space in an update wasted on rubbish, that could have gone on something popular, new, and actually good.

Oh, and 'cool gangster clothes'? Depends what you mean by 'gangster' - and IMO, if your talking either 'street gangs' or 'mobsters', surely we've had whole updates devoted to those (two Lowrider updates and two retro Valentine's Day ones, in fact) - ?

• vnus_dmlo, Ya Boy Punk Fan, Coleco and 1 other like this

N R G
  • N R G

cla$$y lady

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:14 PM Edited by N R G, 10 April 2017 - 11:18 PM.

women have enough clothes this isnt barbie this is grand theft kill, game is not about clothes and handbags its about being cool and shooting guns

Great idea! We could so use handbags. Imagine having handbags that hold extra ammo? Like, you have 20 sticky bombs but you got another 10 sticky bombs in your handbag? 

Majority of clothing in this game is geared towards males and even though some of those with female characters can really work the masculine styles it gets boring so fast. We ALL play differently and if you prefer to kill than so be it. I like to dress my character up to be super cute and just race vehicles because that's how I play. I barely use weapons unless it's a GTA race, see how we differ? Like someone else said, this thread isn't a debate as to whether or not there should be more variety of female clothes, it's more or less just ideas for more clothes. If you got nothing constructive to put in then get out.

• -LN-, Amy Vinewood, CUTS3R and 2 others like this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:23 PM

Yeah they would have to make the proper adjustments or basically make a variation similar to it, but that won't happen lol.

That's something I've spotted before - beyond NPCs getting nice clothes that don't have player character equivalents (and it's not a question of clipping/animations, because there are other player-character garments in-game that function in the same way), there's even a whole lot of really nice stuff in our own in-game wardrobes that don't actually exist to buy in shops.

CUTS3R
  • CUTS3R

f*ckin' Lel

• Members
  • France
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:24 PM

Because Rockstar wants us to look like sh*t and not give more variety that's already in game not available to us.

I agree with most of the things you said but saying that R* wants us to look like sh*t is simply not true. As limited as the options are, many of the clothes we have actually look good.

• Unruly, Ya Boy Punk Fan and GTA Online Girls like this

N R G
  • N R G

cla$$y lady

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:28 PM

I was trying on gloves on my character and I was wondering why we don't have painted nails as 'gloves' because logically it could work that way, right?

• Amy Vinewood, Happy Hunter and GTA Online Girls like this

CalienteJeff
  • CalienteJeff

Player Hater

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:32 PM

I totally agree. (Bad english in coming)

With my male character, I have a sh*tload of choice, 10 outfit slots are not enough for him, I want him to look like a Businessman ? A soldier ? A 40s' police inspector ? Or simply give him clothes of everyday life ? Here we go, just put some clothes on him and it fits perfectly.

Now with my female character, it was hard to give her a decent look, to don't dress her like a whore, a junkie or someone with no taste and who dress like sh*t.

"-I want to put a white shirt under this leather jacket !
-Lol nope.
-But I did it with my other character !
-Lmao I said nope.
-A bulletproof vest on a shirt so ? Game please. :(
-Nuh uh.
-Bikers boots with jeans or a legging ?
-Mmh did you said something ? Oh look at these cool stockings and suspenders.
-Game,I just want to dress her with class and sobriety. :(
-Ok I got you, take this corset !
-Wtf I don't want a fcking corset.
-What about this very short tank top ? ;)
-Wtf what kind of woman could wear that ?
-I dunno, you don't like it ?
-We see hall of her breasts, is that even a garment ?
-Damn, you're still not satified ? Ok, take a look at these lace panties !
-Game plz.
-Wtf you're a 19yo virgin and you don't even like panties ? R u gay ?
-Just give me more choice with her... :(
-Hey look, blue panties, even red ones ! :))

R* plz, I can't even make something decent. :(
  • Beez, badmoon, N R G and 4 others like this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:38 PM

Because Rockstar wants us to look like sh*t and not give more variety that's already in game not available to us.

I agree with most of the things you said but saying that R* wants us to look like sh*t is simply not true. As limited as the options are, many of the clothes we have actually look good.

Like I said on the previous page (and Quinn was saying pretty much the same), a lot of the time it feels like R* is doing that oft-parodied thing, where a bunch of out-of-touch tech-bros or boardroom execs get together, and take a wild stab at coming up with 'this is the brand that kids like!'. :sigh:

• Ya Boy Punk Fan likes this

N R G
  • N R G

cla$$y lady

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:46 PM

I totally agree. (Bad english in coming)

With my male character, I have a sh*tload of choice, 10 outfit slots are not enough for him, I want him to look like a Businessman ? A soldier ? A 40s' police inspector ? Or simply give him clothes of everyday life ? Here we go, just put some clothes on him and it fits perfectly.

Now with my female character, it was hard to give her a decent look, to don't dress her like a whore, a junkie or someone with no taste and who dress like sh*t.

"-I want to put a white shirt under this leather jacket !
-Lol nope.
-But I did it with my other character !
-Lmao I said nope.
-A bulletproof vest on a shirt so ? Game please. :(
-Nuh uh.
-Bikers boots with jeans or a legging ?
-Mmh did you said something ? Oh look at these cool stockings and suspenders.
-Game,I just want to dress her with class and sobriety. :(
-Ok I got you, take this corset !
-Wtf I don't want a fcking corset.
-What about this very short tank top ? ;)
-Wtf what kind of woman could wear that ?
-I dunno, you don't like it ?
-We see hall of her breasts, is that even a garment ?
-Damn, you're still not satified ? Ok, take a look at these lace panties !
-Game plz.
-Wtf you're a 19yo virgin and you don't even like panties ? R u gay ?
-Just give me more choice with her... :(
-Hey look, blue panties, even red ones ! :))

R* plz, I can't even make something decent. :(

Laying is so crap for female characters. I HATE how some of the really cute items can't be used separately (the blouses in the blouse suit thing is my top example) and then we can't even layer corsets under a jacket? lol what.

You're right because female characters have so few options for outfit styles. You can either look like a 50s housewife, a junkie, hipster ,combat warrior or a business woman. Hairs have been okay but I'm kind of over the undercuts and shaved hairs also, I'd love if R* gave us the split braids without the bandana because I love that hair. I want more casual cute hairs because it would be nice to mix and match. If they can't give us long hairs then at least give us something like this:

Medium-Long-Bob-with-Braid-Bangs.jpgBob-Hairstyle-with-Braid.jpgCute-Braided-Hairstyles-for-Long-Hair00149dfb37ab826bb4802ba1465576ebdda.jpg

• Commander S, Ya Boy Punk Fan and somebunny like this

Snu
  • Snu

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:58 AM

Have you guys sent emails to rockstar? What if we all do it at the same time? Not saying it would work, just bigger chance for them to read it.

HamwithCheese
  • HamwithCheese

President of the LS Coquette Owners Club

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:18 AM

Even though we did get an Infernus fix, I doubt r* would address this, it wouldn't wouldn't yield shark card sales.

Next game though, we better complain the f*ck out of gta6. Like assemble a team of elite complainers that bombard r* with emails.
  • Switchblade Eyes and PajeroJonas like this

Elektra
  • Elektra

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:36 PM

I wouldn't mind having a purse as a melee weapon it would be great carrying it around with it 🤓
  • -LN-, Happy Hunter and GTA Online Girls like this

xDatxJunkyx
  • xDatxJunkyx

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:59 AM

You know those windbreaker jackets with the designs on them, like the roses or dragon design pattern

. .

..... .. .

. . .Why the f*ck are they zipped up??? Why not have the option to keep it open too? I'm pretty sure my male character can have it zipped down, why not my femme? 

• OCDee and Unruly like this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:51 AM Edited by Quinn_flower, 12 April 2017 - 03:55 AM.

'

Unruly
  • Unruly

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:42 AM

I wish the females characters get all of the male's color options for the Sport Shoes? I mean, they are Nike Cortez.

I'm not sure what stopped R* from giving females all of the same footwear as males, honestly.

I'd also kill for some proper bomber jackets like Alpha Industries ones. Ones that we can actually have unzipped, too...

AL521G000-K11@11.jpg

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:42 PM

GG everyone! :)

http://kotaku.com/fr...thes-1794601047

• mute!, RedDagger, TovarishTony and 12 others like this

xDatxJunkyx
  • xDatxJunkyx

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:06 PM Edited by xDatxJunkyx, 24 April 2017 - 08:07 PM.

I'm Malik by the way! :3.

Here's hoping that they take people seriously and actually look into implementing some good pieces instead of tossing random stuff into a pile begrudgingly.

Thanks Zack if you're reading this!

• mute!, Quinn_flower, Ya Boy Punk Fan and 4 others like this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:14 PM Edited by Quinn_flower, 24 April 2017 - 08:19 PM.

Told you good things were going to happen....

But yes thank you to Zack for taking your time to make this article and reaching out to us I'm just speechless right now.... Thank you all to the support every one has given for about a year now.

*bows*

Thank you all words aren't enough to describe this.

• Commander S, Ya Boy Punk Fan, idonknowhow and 5 others like this

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:16 PM

Nice. Maybe one day boots over leggings will happen. Maybe.

• Quinn_flower and xDatxJunkyx like this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:27 PM

...well, dangit. My e-mail's been playing up lately, and I kinda suspected that Zack hadn't received my reply - bummer.  :cry:

Still, good to see - thanks, Zack and well done, Quinn! A while back, I mentioned that what this effort really needs is broader visibility, like the push for biker stuff last year - anyone else hoping that this is the start of something similar?

• Quinn_flower likes this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:29 PM

...well, dangit. My e-mail's been playing up lately, and I kinda suspected that Zack hadn't received my reply - bummer.  :cry:

Still, good to see - thanks, Zack and well done, Quinn! A while back, I mentioned that what this effort really needs is broader visibility, like the push for biker stuff last year - anyone else hoping that this is the start of something similar?

yup i believe so good things are going to happen mhm. 

• Commander S, Ya Boy Punk Fan and Happy Hunter like this

OCDee
  • OCDee

Pedantic Bitch

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:05 PM

Maybe we'll get belts as a miscellaneous option on all those pants without proper belts.

Spoiler

• xDatxJunkyx and Happy Hunter like this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:20 PM

Maybe we'll get belts as a miscellaneous option on all those pants without proper belts.

Spoiler

Well, again, like with tights/stockings under skirts/shorts, they'd have to be built-in belts, because R* can't just add additional clothing layers. Certainly not four years in - not without a fundamental revamp of character models and clothing assets.

Definitely thing they should add some trouser options with 'em, though! I suspect that's how they might handle holsters on clothing with the gun-running thing, too.

xDatxJunkyx
  • xDatxJunkyx

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:20 PM

Spoiler

Belts I'll be nice. 

I'd show pictures, but I don't know where to start. Again, here's hoping that the implement something within the coming weeks or months. They blew it with the tiny racers stuff.

Then again, it's been a while since we've seen new clothing content. Cunning Stunts 2, didnt have much, so maybe there's something down the pipe.

MisFit-138
  • MisFit-138

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:16 AM

I'd like to see them add some uniform style dresses, in a plethora of colors, like these
h4UMsbi.jpg
...and with zippers
C79TFMl.jpg
...and the same thing with shorts, whatever this is called...
s3qutGp.jpg

...and some simple polo dresses
9HLJ8gk.jpg
  • Quinn_flower likes this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:59 AM Edited by Quinn_flower, 25 April 2017 - 04:03 AM.

tried to remake my fallout outfit on gta 

and this is what i got.....

expectation....

aiOxeth.jpg

reality....

qLYHFvT.jpg

-_____-

sigh....why i cant wear a scarf with a jacket......

• Commander S and Happy Hunter like this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:26 AM

Argh, don't even... :facedesk:  I get the same if I play Saints Row IV for too long, then swap back to GTAO.

Said it before, but it still boggles my mind that the game with aliens, superpowers and smacking people around the head with candy cane sex toys while looking like the Incredible Hulk still manages to do simple, 'high street' fashion a lot better than the game with the emphasis on real-world verisimilitude. Quick example:

M7uRIAi.png

And it's that same old same-old with so many clothing items: all R* needs to do is add more styles/variations on things that already exist (in this case, shorts with tights, tank tops, necklaces, etc.). I'd bet good money that more people would find things like the above a whole sight more useful than (oversized) torn t-shirts or low-crotch pants.

Granted, the hairstyle isn't really doable in GTAO - Saints Row gets away with it by sacrificing fine detail, and even then, longer styles clip terribly, so you have to work around that when coming up with outfits. But again, SRIV also has a whole bunch more styles that are perfectly doable by GTAO standards - more variations on bobs, ponytails, and things which are already in GTAO. There's really only so many ways of saying 'add more variations on the stuff that's been in the game since launch, R*!'... :p

Still, I'm ...actually really optimistic again as a result of yesterday's developments! ;)  Particularly considering how positive the response has been so far - the majority of comments/Twitter replies agree, which is good to see. Here's hoping it gains more traction - and with a bit of luck, we'll see good things come out of it in a post-gun-running update (fingers crossed! :happy:).

• Coleco likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users