Things GTA V did better than GTA IV

1,883 replies to this topic
DetectivePhelps
  • DetectivePhelps

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:41 AM

IV was cool, Episodes of LC were more fun.
But on to the next number. Vs gameplay in SP is just more of a thriller ( for me ). The possibility is endless such as cars, Chop-Shop to modify them, Clothes are classy, period.
Again, this is a different game & thank goodness. Not every gta will be the same, to compare them 2 would be unfair.
I wont bother with details since every player has its taste and thats the point, to each is own.
  • Algonquin Assassin, Tycek, Official General and 4 others like this

Hot Pursuit
  • Hot Pursuit

Response Code 3

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Indonesia
  • Super Snitch Deadass 2018

Posted 10 January 2018 - 08:18 AM

Other thing V did better, is that you can climb-and-run, IV need you to stand for a few second before continuing

Hot Pursuit
  • Hot Pursuit

Response Code 3

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Indonesia

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:48 AM

Why did my comment disappear? :blink:

Because this is Things V did better than IV, not Things EFLC did better than IV

Anyway, I liked the protagonist turn faster, in IV they turn slowly
  • Schachmatt777 likes this

NeonDolphin
  • NeonDolphin

Player Hater

• Members
  • Marshall-Islands

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:48 AM Edited by NeonDolphin, 14 January 2018 - 01:48 AM.

Proper reloading animation, not just an illusion with a hand gesture.

• rampage08 and Hot Pursuit like this

Hot Pursuit
  • Hot Pursuit

Response Code 3

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Indonesia

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:05 AM

I like that there's no loading screen between cutsene and gameplay,
  • rampage08 and Schachmatt777 like this

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:10 AM Edited by rampage08, 19 January 2018 - 04:14 AM.

Proper reloading animation, not just an illusion with a hand gesture.

Also you can see the empty mags on the ground. I love that detail.

I like that there's no loading screen between cutsene and gameplay,

I like that too, it fits the game style. But i think the character swapping in custscenes are better.
  • Hot Pursuit likes this

Hot Pursuit
  • Hot Pursuit

Response Code 3

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Indonesia

Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:46 AM Edited by CGFforLife, 05 February 2018 - 11:03 AM.

GTA V story is not a revenge story clichè where the antagonist betray you, kill you close friend , and the protagonist still felt empty after killing the antagonist, it's a boring clichè, I'm liked that V has better story don't betray you, but already developed a love-hate relation from the beginning, even Frank Tenpenny doesn't need to be a traitor to be a compelling antagonist

Beside revenge is sweet
  • Schachmatt777 and Jack Lupino like this

Marcus101RR
  • Marcus101RR

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:06 AM Edited by Marcus101RR, 06 February 2018 - 06:07 AM.

GTA V Runs beautifully even on the not so best machines, so a beast computer gaming rig can run this game flawlessly. GTA IV, can't do it, it doesn't matter. GTA 4 was simply a bad port. This is why V is superior, they actually put effort to it, but only because "Online".

Even today I run GTA4 and 5 on max settings, and still 4 drops down to 30-40 fps in certain parts of the city, with very limited activity.

• Gummy , Schachmatt777, Hot Pursuit and 1 other like this

Hot Pursuit
  • Hot Pursuit

Response Code 3

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Indonesia

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:15 AM

There's no carjacking camera in V

Sleepwalking
  • Sleepwalking

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:34 PM

I just downloaded EFLC, I want to play TLAD & TBOGT again. but damn, it is impossible to drive in IV era games.

First mission, i wrecked Tony's car twice. Cars are slipping all the time for no apperant reason, the roads feel they don't have friction. This annoying driving physics sucked all the fun from the game. People says driving in GTA V is too arcade, damn; it is at least fun. You don't slip for no reason and cars don't take ages to accelerate.

I need to look some driving mods for EFLC to make it tolerable. I really can't believe people praising driving in IV era games. I hope they keep V's driving system in coming GTA's.
  • Gummy , Schachmatt777 and Hot Pursuit like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

You got any Whiskey in there, hello?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 17 February 2018 - 03:41 PM Edited by B Dawg, 17 February 2018 - 03:51 PM.

I just downloaded EFLC, I want to play TLAD & TBOGT again. but damn, it is impossible to drive in IV era games.

First mission, i wrecked Tony's car twice. Cars are slipping all the time for no apperant reason, the roads feel they don't have friction. This annoying driving physics sucked all the fun from the game. People says driving in GTA V is too arcade, damn; it is at least fun. You don't slip for no reason and cars don't take ages to accelerate.

I need to look some driving mods for EFLC to make it tolerable. I really can't believe people praising driving in IV era games. I hope they keep V's driving system in coming GTA's.

There's something terribly wrong with the way you drive then. Have you ever played any not-so arcade/middleground racing games in your life? There's not that many cars that actually lose traction and start to slide from simultaneous braking and turning, and the solution to that is problem is to only do one of those at a time for the cars that are affected by it.

• 78 lil red express and AlbanyEsperanto like this

Tengerecki
  • Tengerecki

Not So Original Gangsta

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:26 AM

Everything, except driving physics.

• Hot Pursuit likes this

Hot Pursuit
  • Hot Pursuit

Response Code 3

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Indonesia

Posted 02 March 2018 - 05:25 AM

I really like V animation is really smooth and feels more human compared to IV

Not just that, but watching the highly detailed animation combined with smooth 60 fps is a real eyecandy experience

Hot Pursuit
  • Hot Pursuit

Response Code 3

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Indonesia

Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:59 PM

Ability to throw grenade 360° during drive-by, unlike IV which only allow throwing grenade to side

Sleepwalking
  • Sleepwalking

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:11 PM

Ability to throw grenade 360° during drive-by, unlike IV which only allow throwing grenade to side

I also remember when you want to answer your phone in a car half of the time Niko also drops a f*cking grenade, blow himself up. (@PC version)
  • Hot Pursuit likes this

A.C.M.
  • A.C.M.

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 04 March 2018 - 03:15 AM

I also remember when you want to answer your phone in a car half of the time Niko also drops a f*cking grenade, blow himself up. (@PC version)

go check out key binding configuration, both actions are possible to put on different button

Hot Pursuit
  • Hot Pursuit

Response Code 3

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Indonesia

Posted A week ago

Even if V euphoria wasn't really good, atleast it wasn't as buggy as IV

Domac
  • Domac

Crackhead

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 3 days ago

But GTA V has got flying cars, bikes, UFOs, futuristic weapons, Batmobile, underground bunkers and diving!!!

*btw I'm being sarcastic*

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

GTA V = The Anti-Snore (IV) AKA The Snore Killer!

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

There's something terribly wrong with the way you drive then. Have you ever played any not-so arcade/middleground racing games in your life? There's not that many cars that actually lose traction and start to slide from simultaneous braking and turning, and the solution to that is problem is to only do one of those at a time for the cars that are affected by it.

As much as I have a visceral hatred for IV's driving physics, I still have to agree with this. NOT because I agree with a lot of IV fans who seem to think that the only people who hate IV's driving must therefore suck at driving, BUT because even though I cant stand the driving in IV, I was still nonetheless able to adapt to it quickly enough to get through the game. Once I realized that driving with the same fun and manic style I enjoyed with SA, III, and VC wouldn't work in IV, I simply adapted my driving to fit what the game demanded of me to keep the wheels on the pavement and keep me going in a straight line. In short, the key to driving success in IV is to slow down, particularly before turns, and not try to drive at breakneck speeds. This is, by the way, why I hated the driving in IV. Because having to be that careful, methodical, and fastidious is what I expect to do when I get in my real car, not what I want from a videogame.

• Hot Pursuit likes this

🖕
  • 🖕

💩

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 14 hours ago

Real plates, not that "LIBERTY CITY" bullsh*t

• Hot Pursuit likes this

Sleepwalking
  • Sleepwalking

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 hours ago

Traffic AI

1)NPC drivers love suddenly changing their lanes in front of me, so I crash them.

2)If I drive slow and carefully to not damage my vehicle, they usually ram behind me. (Especially if i stop at a red light)

3) Cop cars, ambulances, taxis and fire trucks easily stuck some random places and cannot unstuck themself. In GTA V they can easily recover themself in sh*tty situations.

4) Even I am not doing something that interrupts traffic, NPCs do too much random traffic accidents. In GTA V even with increased traffic density mods you don't across too many immersion breaking random car accidents.

5) NPCs are using choppers very slow, in GTA V they can keep up with you while you are getting chased by them. (cop choppers etc)
  • Hot Pursuit likes this

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Canada

Posted 12 hours ago

Traffic AI

1)NPC drivers love suddenly changing their lanes in front of me, so I crash them.

2)If I drive slow and carefully to not damage my vehicle, they usually ram behind me. (Especially if i stop at a red light)

3) Cop cars, ambulances, taxis and fire trucks easily stuck some random places and cannot unstuck themself. In GTA V they can easily recover themself in sh*tty situations.

4) Even I am not doing something that interrupts traffic, NPCs do too much random traffic accidents. In GTA V even with increased traffic density mods you don't across too many immersion breaking random car accidents.

5) NPCs are using choppers very slow, in GTA V they can keep up with you while you are getting chased by them. (cop choppers etc)

I'm sorry, no. I know this is the "what GTA V did better" thread but I have experienced way, way, WAY too much bullsh*t from the traffic AI to not disagree. Not in defense of IV mind you, I haven't played it in a while to say anything about it's traffic for certain. But I've experienced more than my fair share of AI awfulness from V to know that "immersion breaking car accidents" happen ALL the time regardless how you drive.  

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

GTA V = The Anti-Snore (IV) AKA The Snore Killer!

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 hours ago Edited by ChiroVette, 11 hours ago.

I'm sorry, no. I know this is the "what GTA V did better" thread but I have experienced way, way, WAY too much bullsh*t from the traffic AI to not disagree. Not in defense of IV mind you, I haven't played it in a while to say anything about it's traffic for certain. But I've experienced more than my fair share of AI awfulness from V to know that "immersion breaking car accidents" happen ALL the time regardless how you drive.

To be fair, ALL GTA games have wacky, stupid ass sh*t happening with traffic, though. I remember rolling my eyes in IV watching some of the stupid AL Driver crap unfold in front of me, and lest you think I am bashing IV, I could say the exact same thing about SA, VC, and III. And, yes, V, as well. Not sure why, but maybe it has something to do with the coding of such complex AI "group behavior" in a sandbox or something. But while I don't think V is any better or worse at this than IV, it is odd. I will say that mostly I enjoy it when AL driving goes off the rails in these games, because it is kind of a quirky little bit of entertainment. It is annoying when it interrupts a mission attempt or a getaway from the cops, but I have come to simply accept this in GTA games.

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Canada

Posted 10 hours ago

It's probably most obvious due to how thick the traffic is in V. While I'm not going to say the 3D era traffic was great, the lulls in traffic allowed for more versatile travel. Even someplace like the Gant Bridge was alright to travel along. V on the other hand is saturated to the brim with traffic which makes travel without colliding with someone a major hassle. Driving in Chamberlain Hills during rush hour is awful due to the tight roads and yellow markings that the traffic drive around which ends up causing one too many accidents.

Doesn't help when the AI makes questionable choices, like a taxi stopping dead in an intersection with no obstacles or a bus driving down the wrong side of the street without a single attempt to correct itself.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users