Things GTA V did better than GTA IV

1,870 replies to this topic
DetectivePhelps
  • DetectivePhelps

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:41 AM

IV was cool, Episodes of LC were more fun.
But on to the next number. Vs gameplay in SP is just more of a thriller ( for me ). The possibility is endless such as cars, Chop-Shop to modify them, Clothes are classy, period.
Again, this is a different game & thank goodness. Not every gta will be the same, to compare them 2 would be unfair.
I wont bother with details since every player has its taste and thats the point, to each is own.
  • Algonquin Assassin, Tycek, Official General and 3 others like this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

GTA V: Huge improvement over snore (GTA IV)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 10 January 2018 - 08:18 AM

Other thing V did better, is that you can climb-and-run, IV need you to stand for a few second before continuing

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 4 weeks ago

Why did my comment disappear? :blink:

Because this is Things V did better than IV, not Things EFLC did better than IV

Anyway, I liked the protagonist turn faster, in IV they turn slowly

NeonDolphin
  • NeonDolphin

Player Hater

• Members
  • Marshall-Islands

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by NeonDolphin, 4 weeks ago.

Proper reloading animation, not just an illusion with a hand gesture.

• rampage08 and CGFforLife like this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 4 weeks ago

I like that there's no loading screen between cutsene and gameplay,
  • rampage08 likes this

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by rampage08, 4 weeks ago.

Proper reloading animation, not just an illusion with a hand gesture.

Also you can see the empty mags on the ground. I love that detail.

I like that there's no loading screen between cutsene and gameplay,

I like that too, it fits the game style. But i think the character swapping in custscenes are better.
  • CGFforLife likes this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by CGFforLife, A week ago.

GTA V story is not a revenge story clichè where the antagonist betray you, kill you close friend , and the protagonist still felt empty after killing the antagonist, it's a boring clichè, I'm liked that V has better story don't betray you, but already developed a love-hate relation from the beginning, even Frank Tenpenny doesn't need to be a traitor to be a compelling antagonist

Beside revenge is sweet
  • Jack Lupino likes this

Marcus101RR
  • Marcus101RR

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Marcus101RR, A week ago.

GTA V Runs beautifully even on the not so best machines, so a beast computer gaming rig can run this game flawlessly. GTA IV, can't do it, it doesn't matter. GTA 4 was simply a bad port. This is why V is superior, they actually put effort to it, but only because "Online".

Even today I run GTA4 and 5 on max settings, and still 4 drops down to 30-40 fps in certain parts of the city, with very limited activity.

• Gummy , CGFforLife and Am Shaegar like this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted A week ago

There's no carjacking camera in V

Sleepwalking
  • Sleepwalking

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

I just downloaded EFLC, I want to play TLAD & TBOGT again. but damn, it is impossible to drive in IV era games.

First mission, i wrecked Tony's car twice. Cars are slipping all the time for no apperant reason, the roads feel they don't have friction. This annoying driving physics sucked all the fun from the game. People says driving in GTA V is too arcade, damn; it is at least fun. You don't slip for no reason and cars don't take ages to accelerate.

I need to look some driving mods for EFLC to make it tolerable. I really can't believe people praising driving in IV era games. I hope they keep V's driving system in coming GTA's.
  • Gummy  and CGFforLife like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

My bike is harmed, you will be harmed

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 6 hours ago Edited by B Dawg, 6 hours ago.

I just downloaded EFLC, I want to play TLAD & TBOGT again. but damn, it is impossible to drive in IV era games.

First mission, i wrecked Tony's car twice. Cars are slipping all the time for no apperant reason, the roads feel they don't have friction. This annoying driving physics sucked all the fun from the game. People says driving in GTA V is too arcade, damn; it is at least fun. You don't slip for no reason and cars don't take ages to accelerate.

I need to look some driving mods for EFLC to make it tolerable. I really can't believe people praising driving in IV era games. I hope they keep V's driving system in coming GTA's.

There's something terribly wrong with the way you drive then. Have you ever played any not-so arcade/middleground racing games in your life? There's not that many cars that actually lose traction and start to slide from simultaneous braking and turning, and the solution to that is problem is to only do one of those at a time for the cars that are affected by it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users