Quantcast

» «
Photo

Things GTA V did better than GTA IV

1,655 replies to this topic
ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

GTA V = The Anti-Snore (IV) AKA The Snore Killer!

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by ChiroVette, A week ago.

It depends, actually.  I've lost 1% Like and 3% Respect, but at other times, I've lost 5% on both at the same time.  I don't know who is different or why it drops more than other times, but it's still annoying.  A good example is this (since I am actually doing another IV Save right now): I was taking Packie out today (the annoying grind for 100% Like/Respect after Three Leaf Clover) and BEFORE I could drop him off, I saw in the bottom left hand corner of the screen, a Thumbs Down for Roman.  Apparently he was "trying to call" while I was on an Activity with Packie already, so after the Drink with Packie, I had to yet again take Roman out to go eating or something to bring the Like/Respect back up to 100% which I've already done a while back when I was still in Broker/Dukes.  There is times where I "schedule an activity" with someone and while I am on the way to pick them up, the Phone rings once more for ANOTHER Friend calling to do an Activity.

Bottom line is, it's f*cking annoying having multiple people calling you at once and they give you Thumbs Down while you're on an Activity with someone else.  Some of the guys (Roman, Little Jacob, etc) even call you to "pick them up and drop them off" somewhere.  It can't be any more annoying when you're driving to a Mission only to get these calls and have to abandon your game plan of what you're doing to cater to these guys...

This is why friend hangouts are so much better in V because you aren't bombarded with constant calls and distractions while doing other things. You can hang out, but only if you choose, and you aren't in any way penalized in V if you never go on a Bromance date the way you are in IV.

@ChiroVette, yeah, I somewhat agree with Collectibles.  I don't mind the classic "walk into item" and collect it type of stuff, but I hate VCS 99 Red Balloons as well as IV, TLaD, and TBoGT Pigeons/Seagulls as you constantly are bombarded with an annoying Wanted Level.  Also the Pigeons in IV are in clusters in a designated area around the Map which you may need to shoot one, leave the area to lose the Cops, and then come back to the SAME area and do another nearby Pigeon.  It just drags on due to the Wanted Level.  Most things just drag on in IV.

I agree completely about how bad it was that you had to shoot the pigeons and I remember almost always incurring a wanted level for my troubles. It isn't that losing the cops was hard, because it wasn't. But when you are trying to collect them for the milestone or reward, and you had to go through 200 of the damned things, with a 50%ish chance of getting wanted level, the whole thing adds a level of nightmarish tedium to collecting. Like you said, you are trying to collect a bunch in one area, and there are no bribes and Pay 'n' Sprays aren't reliable or common on the map, so you end up toiling away at collecting a pigeon, spending the time to lose the heat, going back to trying to get some more, losing the heat, and it just becomes so obnoxiously boring.

V does collectibles much better. 

As you can see, I took the liberty to actually do 200 Pigeons in my 11.95% Starter Save in IV and have all 200 done before "It's Your Call," the second Story Mission in the game.  Granted, even with having all 50 Stunt Jumps, 200 Pigeons, and 30 Most Wanted done before It's Your Call, I am still getting bored by some of the tasks that unlock later on in the game.  I thought that if I put myself through the torture of doing all of this with a 6 Star Wanted Level early on in the beginning so it never needs to be done again each time I want to do a IV Save, that it would be much more enjoyable, but turns out it's not.

Understandable. That's because the missions, S&F encounters, events, and activities themselves in V are actually fun, have more variety, and are much higher quality, whereas in IV they are very lackluster and the game reduces the player to being some errand boy with an accent.

It felt much more needed in V especially due to the fact how much money the Properties cost and how much money modding Vehicles cost.

I wouldn't say modding cars in V costs a lot. Cars in GTAO on the other hand...

I don't play Online, for probably the same reasons you don't lol, but I see his point about how expensive the vehicle modding costs. But I also think that's a good thing considering how much money is available to make in this game. The car modding prices are high for GTA games BUT very much in line with what you can make during the course of the game. The one area where I think V makes money a little too valuable is with the purchase prices of the Golf Course and the two really expensive theaters that Michael can buy. If they really needed to make these properties cost so much, then they should have handled it better, which could have been accomplished in one of two ways or a combination of both: One is to give the player a lot more money from The Big Score for all three protagonists, and the other is that the stock market should have been a lot more predictably lucrative during the course of the regular career. The big problem with the stock market is that in order to acquire the money you need to buy those properties, you really have to use that tedious Assassinations-exploit, which in my opinion makes the end of the game somewhat anticlimactic.

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

GTA V:A Huge improvement over snore (GTA IV)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 6 days ago

Due to the endless freedom in GTA V gameplay, there's a lot of modding potential to make V even cool

Unfortunately due to nature restriction of IV, there's not much to mod other than simple retexture (though some IV mod is rather cool)
  • ChiroVette likes this

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

That's the modding scene who gave a seconde life to GTA 5, who gave more freedom; not the other way around.

Unfortunately due to nature restriction of IV, there's not much to mod other than simple retexture

You clearly don't know what you are talking about so please, quiet.
  • Ash_735, Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg and 3 others like this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 6 days ago

Due to the endless freedom in GTA V gameplay, there's a lot of modding potential to make V even cool

Unfortunately due to nature restriction of IV, there's not much to mod other than simple retexture (though some IV mod is rather cool)

Yeah, gotta call bs on this one, I know you're a V fan but I'm from the modding section part of this web site, as Anthony said, you don't know what you're talking about on this subject so just drop it now.
  • Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg, Official General and 5 others like this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

I didn't care enough about IV to buy the PC game, so I never modded it and cannot speak to what the mods for that game brought to the table. But I LOVE the mods for V. They really add a new dimension of gameplay to an already stellar masterpiece, so I am definitely enjoying the hell out of them!

• CGFforLife likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Official General, 6 days ago.

Not true bro, I've got IV on PC and there are plenty of great mods that significantly enhance the gameplay. You just gotta look and find them. But yeah sure, V is MUCH, MUCH better in SP with mods, it's a great deal more enjoyable. 

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

GET OFF MY BACK GERALD. PISS OFF AND TAKE THIS L

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago Edited by GTA_The_Series, 6 days ago.

Not true bro, I've got IV on PC and there are plenty of great mods that significantly enhance the gameplay. You just gotta look and find them. But yeah sure, V is MUCH, MUCH better in SP with mods, it's a great deal more enjoyable. 
Gta IV was actually the first gta that had TONS of grate mods back in the day in 08 and 09. So bitch please, enough with calling IV boring regarding mod use.....People were creating loads of them. I used to be highly intrested in the making of IV mods when i was younger. Hell the LC zombie mod was really fun to play :p
  • Algonquin Assassin and Official General like this

Timcatgt5
  • Timcatgt5

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

I don't have the game but there seems to be some good quality mods for PC, much more than GTA IV. From cars to racetracks and planes and motorbikes, the modding community is doing a good job keeping the game up to date. Maybe it will convince me to buy the game but I don't know when.

Good graphics and can be played in max quality and smooth framerate on my PC.

Of course I should add the custom radio.

Zenar
  • Zenar

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 5 days ago

Special Abilities.

I can drive with Franklin whole San Andreas without crashing once.

Trevor's ability allow me to fight against an army.

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

GTA V:A Huge improvement over snore (GTA IV)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 5 days ago

Interacting with ped, and the feeling rhat we are one of them, simply saying hi or engaging in a small chat

IV feels like we are a ghost walking amongst the crowd who see you, but unable to talk to you

InB4: Ped hostility and calling cops logic

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Ash_735, 4 days ago.

Interacting with ped, and the feeling rhat we are one of them, simply saying hi or engaging in a small chat

IV feels like we are a ghost walking amongst the crowd who see you, but unable to talk to you

I thought we already discussed this one, your point is countered in the fact that Peds in GTAV don't physically react to you outside of canned animations, unlike IV where they could fight, grab onto vehicles, throw things, etc.

Edit: and I see you haven't apologised for trying to spout bullsh*t about the modding community in your earlier post, instead after being called out you just pretended you never said anything. :p

One thing V does better than IV, there's no Massive B Radio.
  • Algonquin Assassin, anthony, theGTAking101 and 1 other like this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago Edited by ChiroVette, 4 days ago.

Before responding to your post, CG, I want to be clear that even though I LOVE NPC reactions in V, I don't particularly care about them that much. To me, variety in ped interactions is window dressing. Since V so thoroughly better than IV in the most important areas, like Story, characters, variety, map size and quality, vehicles, gameplay, mission depth, and on and on, things like NPC interaction, while amazing in V, really are window dressing. And to extend the metaphor, if the house sucks, who cares about the blinds or curtains, right?

But even the window dressing in V is awesome!

I agree! The ped interactions are much more sophisticated in V. Some of these may also happen in IV, but because V is so much more memorable than IV (another better quality of V) I don't remember every little thing about it.

Peds compliment you on your car if it is a really hot car. Sometimes they even snap pictures of your ride, particularly if it is tricked out, which is VERY cool! They make derogatory comments about your car if its dirty lol!

I also noticed if it just starts raining, the NPCs will run around covering their heads like the got caught in a sudden storm. I have walked into stores to rob them only to find they were already being robbed by an NPC. Classic! If you do burnouts, the peds will pull out their cameras and start filming you. If you follow women around too long they get creeped out like you are stalking them lol and they start looking over their shoulders nervously. I actually did this once, it was hilarious.

If you hit someone with glasses, they will fall off their faces

Peds will try to parallel park their cars, which is really cool, and even cooler, if you pay attention, like in any real city, where people aren't always good at parking, you can actually see some peds having random levels of difficulty parking, making a bunch of small adjustments to their parallel park.

Peds will play full games of Tennis and Golf and they make comments about missing/hitting shots.

Both player and NPCs will actually get wet

Not strictly ped, but sound effects from ped cars are a lot more sophisticated in that they get muffled and have different sounds depending on where they are relative to the player.

Following peds shows them actually living lives on the street.

Animals! Technically animals are non-human NPCs and they add a whole new dimension lacking in IV. Not only that, but people walk their dogs, play with them, and the reaction of NPC's to other NPCs (like people to animals) adds a whole new dimension to V, completely lacking in IV.

You can end any fight with an unarmed ped by just whipping out a gun which makes them flee.

If you destroy or render a cop car inoperative, he will commandeer a civilian vehicle, like cops can do in real life, to continue following you.

I have had NPCs get pissed off at me for randomly jumping in pools. Presumably these are the home owners lol

Edit: and I see you haven't apologised for trying to spout bullsh*t about the modding community in your earlier post, instead after being called out you just pretended you never said anything. :p

What the hell? You don't agree with him about his comments on modding, so you want him to apologize to poor, poor, insulted GTA IV? LMAO Get over it, dude. He didn't insult your mother or your kid. He gave an opinion you disagree with about a game. lol

Hahahaha CG, you better say your sorry right now, young man, or go to your room!! How dare you express an opinion about a videogame in a videogame forum?

• CGFforLife likes this

Zenar
  • Zenar

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 4 days ago

I used to make peds hostile by throwing them bottles, dildos , pool balls and bricks. (In GTA IV)

However now i love how Trevor insults them and make them hostile, more easier. :)

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 4 days ago Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 4 days ago.

This is why friend hangouts are so much better in V because you aren't bombarded with constant calls and distractions while doing other things.

I did 15 of 30 Car Thefts for Stevie yesterday.  While doing this for 2 Hours...I got 11 Calls from various "Friends" to hang out.  Yeah, it's better in V, cuz like you said, the Friend stuff is running "in the background."  It's not trying to latch on to you like a parasite...

Even though IV is so samey and strung out, I can live with it.  But the Friend nonsense is seriously hands down the worst part of the game...

• Am Shaegar likes this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

I did 15 of 30 Car Thefts for Stevie yesterday.  While doing this for 2 Hours...I got 11 Calls from various "Friends" to hang out.  Yeah, it's better in V, cuz like you said, the Friend stuff is running "in the background."  It's not trying to latch on to you like a parasite...

Yep! Parasite is the perfect word to describe IV's garbage clingy, needy, stalker non-friend-friends. I was half expecting to get a call like, "Hey Cousin, you want me to get down on my knees and blow you? Will that make you want to go bowling with me more? Please, Cousin, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE take me out drinking!"

V is way better in this!
  • Am Shaegar likes this

Zenar
  • Zenar

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Zenar, 4 days ago.

How V's friend & girlfriend system could be better than IV's?

I sometimes still try to call Kiki to lose cops forget to fact that i am now playing GTA V , she was so useful. One of the girlfriend provides Health, other provides cheaper clothes. You can call your friends ask backup, cheaper guns, bombs etc

I agree the fact that you are no longer getting possible annoying friend calls, but you also not getting any of goodies above.

I think next GTA should bring IV's goodies with V's no call policy. 

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 4 days ago.

Yeah, it's not that I mind the Friend stuff.  It's the way it was executed in IV and how bloody annoying it was.  As for those perks, like Packie's Bombs, Kiki's Loss of the Wanted Level, etc, etc...They still don't have to be used and the game is easy enough without it, tbh.  The Cops are pathetic from 1 to 4 Stars.  It's only a bit more difficult when you reach 5 or 6 Stars as their Accuracy becomes better and they do different things, like shoot out the windows and from the back of the Enforcer.  When I was doing Pigeons and Stunt Jumps in the beginning after The Cousins Bellic and before It's Your Call, I would always immediately reload of the FIB spawned as those guys with their fast Buffalos and SMG's out the window usually would shred my Vehicle and Niko up in seconds.  While the slow, useless Enforcers in which can barely turn and have no speed were a joke and could drive right past them without worries...

Luckily all the "Friends" are now 100% Like/Respect in the Pause Menu in my current IV Save, so when they call I can accept, then call right back and hit "Cancel Plans" and keep them at 100% Like/Respect while not having to do any more Activities with them.  Now I can actually stick to my plan of what I want to do instead of being bombarded by parasites...

• Am Shaegar likes this

Zenar
  • Zenar

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 4 days ago

Yeah, it's not that I mind the Friend stuff.  It's the way it was executed in IV and how bloody annoying it was.  As for those perks, like Packie's Bombs, Kiki's Loss of the Wanted Level, etc, etc...They still don't have to be used and the game is easy enough without it, tbh.  The Cops are pathetic from 1 to 4 Stars.  It's only a bit more difficult when you reach 5 or 6 Stars as their Accuracy becomes better and they do different things, like shoot out the windows and from the back of the Enforcer.  When I was doing Pigeons and Stunt Jumps in the beginning after The Cousins Bellic and before It's Your Call, I would always immediately reload of the FIB spawned as those guys with their fast Buffalos and SMG's out the window usually would shred my Vehicle and Niko up in seconds.  While the slow, useless Enforcers in which can barely turn and have no speed were a joke and could drive right past them without worries...

Luckily all the "Friends" are now 100% Like/Respect in the Pause Menu in my current IV Save, so when they call I can accept, then call right back and hit "Cancel Plans" and keep them at 100% Like/Respect while not having to do any more Activities with them.  Now I can actually stick to my plan of what I want to do instead of being bombarded by parasites...

Putting your phone in silent mode will do the trick, if you completed the story and making  a %100 run.

I now you don't have to use them but they make things a lot easier. Especially cops in V sometimes become a huge headache. Also in TLAD, by calling one of your friend you can make him bring your bike in seconds. I wish the same thing in V too, calling one of your friend from hood and he brings your car to you from your garage.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

If I put my Phone on silent like Cheatz and Tricks suggested a few days back, how will I receive Texts for Stevie's Car Thefts?  My point is I shouldn't need to do anything special like that.  The fact is those guys are annoying as f*ck which makes V better in that regard.

Furthermore, in every GTA when I do a Save, I like having the FINAL Story Mission of the game give me 100% Completion.  So all Side Missions and such are always done before the final Story Mission.  I do as much as I can before or after the first Story Mission in the game (called a Starter or Master Save) and then I do all the other remaining stuff as it unlocks through the Story.  The Starter Save sort of helps as you have the entire Story still to play (which is usually the "meat" of each GTA), yet, you have basically half of the game completed already in terms of the percentage.  As for IV and V, you can't really do much early on, but in the 3D Era you can practically reach 50% after the first Mission which helps to do many Playthroughs to 100% as 50% of the game is already finished and done with when you start.  I rather start at 50% than 0% and do the same boring tasks over and over.  And in terms of IV, I wouldn't want to do 200 Pigeons and 50 Stunt Jumps every time I wanted to go for 100%.  Instead, I can start at 11.95% before It's Your Call and all of that stuff is already done.  But since IV is so long and strung out with very little variation, it's still tiring in the end...

• Misunderstood and Am Shaegar like this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

What the hell? You don't agree with him about his comments on modding, so you want him to apologize to poor, poor, insulted GTA IV? LMAO Get over it, dude. He didn't insult your mother or your kid. He gave an opinion you disagree with about a game. lol

Hahahaha CG, you better say your sorry right now, young man, or go to your room!! How dare you express an opinion about a videogame in a videogame forum?
He tried spouting an outright lie, not an opinion, on an area he clearly knows nothing about in an attempt to try and turn that into a win for V.

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

He tried spouting an outright lie, not an opinion, on an area he clearly knows nothing about in an attempt to try and turn that into a win for V.

We can quibble over fact versus opinion or lie versus opinion, and while I completely disagree with you that he lied, that isn't the point. Demanding an apology on behalf of an inanimate object like a game is a little ridiculous.

Finally, you need to make you your mind. You said he "lied" about what he expressed as an opinion. Then you went on to say he knows nothing about the topic. But where I come from, lying is something one does with intent. So you can't accuse him of both ignorance AND willful deception at the same time. One contradicts the other. At least in this context, as he would have to know something about the topic to fabricate a lie about it.

One more thing: This is the "What V does better than IV" thread, and while he may have overstated his position on mods, I have heard from a great many people who mod BOTH GAMES that the modding for V is a lot better than it is for IV because the game itself allows a lot more sheer variety in what you can do with mods. Now, for the record, I have no Earthly idea if this is true or not, since I only mod GTA V, and could honestly not care less about modding an objectively inferior game like IV. So I won't speak for IV's mods at all. But just because CG used hyperbole to make his point, does not make him either a liar OR someone in need of apologizing to an inanimate object.

If I put my Phone on silent like Cheatz and Tricks suggested a few days back, how will I receive Texts for Stevie's Car Thefts? My point is I shouldn't need to do anything special like that. The fact is those guys are annoying as f*ck which makes V better in that regard.

Totally agree! When a game makes you jump through hoops to play it comfortably, all the excuses in the world won't make it right.

Furthermore, in every GTA when I do a Save, I like having the FINAL Story Mission of the game give me 100% Completion. So all Side Missions and such are always done before the final Story Mission. I do as much as I can before or after the first Story Mission in the game (called a Starter or Master Save) and then I do all the other remaining stuff as it unlocks through the Story. The Starter Save sort of helps as you have the entire Story still to play (which is usually the "meat" of each GTA), yet, you have basically half of the game completed already in terms of the percentage. As for IV and V, you can't really do much early on, but in the 3D Era you can practically reach 50% after the first Mission which helps to do many Playthroughs to 100% as 50% of the game is already finished and done with when you start. I rather start at 50% than 0% and do the same boring tasks over and over. And in terms of IV, I wouldn't want to do 200 Pigeons and 50 Stunt Jumps every time I wanted to go for 100%. Instead, I can start at 11.95% before It's Your Call and all of that stuff is already done. But since IV is so long and strung out with very little variation, it's still tiring in the end...

Ha I LOVE Starter Saves! That said, IV is the only GTA game I never made a starter save for. I have starter saves for V, SA, III, VC, and even VCS and LCS.
  • CGFforLife likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

@ChiroVette: No, it's simple, he lied, try and pretty it up as much as you like but he's the one who came in here and said that IV was restricted which meant it couldn't be modded outside of texture mods.

I'm not asking him to apologise to GTA IV, I'm asking him to acknowledge and apologise to the modding community for trying to play us as idiots to score a "win" for GTAV. At least you've acknowledge when you've been wrong in the past despite how much you argue against it (euphoria subject, etc).

Just because this is the V is better than IV topic doesn't mean we as a community should accept bullsh*t biased lies as a point when there's plenty of legit things to talk about. I'm sorry if you're upset and offended by this and have feelings of anger and ridicule but that is the stance that is being taken. No need for lies here, especially when there's members of said modding community in this very thread.
  • Algonquin Assassin and anthony like this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

@ChiroVette: No, it's simple, he lied, try and pretty it up as much as you like but he's the one who came in here and said that IV was restricted which meant it couldn't be modded outside of texture mods.

More on this in a second, since I don't agree...

I'm not asking him to apologise to GTA IV, I'm asking him to acknowledge and apologise to the modding community for trying to play us as idiots to score a "win" for GTAV. At least you've acknowledge when you've been wrong in the past despite how much you argue against it (euphoria subject, etc).

Thank you for acknowledging that, but I have to take issue with your claim that he tried to "play you all as idiots to score a win for GTAV."

Let's take a look at his exact words, shall we?

This is what got you guys all in a tizzy?

(Oh and on a side note, THANK YOU to the mods for cleaning out this thread of many of the useless arguments attacking CG for this post!)

First he said that due to the endless freedom in V's gameplay that there is a lot of potential to make V even cooler. That is absolutely true, and anyone can verify this with for themselves by modding their own game with many of the insane, wild, over-the-top V mods. Or just check on Youtube if you prefer the vanilla game for yourself.

Now his second statement he clearly admits that some mods are "rather cool" for IV. But I cannot believe that you, and others are honing in on the obvious hyperbole to make his point. All he said was that due to the restrictive nature of IV that mods are limited to re-texture. Now, while this may or may not be exaggeration (as I said, hyperbole to make a point) it isn't an out and out lie. I have heard from many people that the mods in IV are not nearly as good as V's. And for the record, MANY people use hyperbole in this forum. Or would you like me to point you to all the people who make the most outlandish claims about things like V's map? When angry IV fans grade V's map as hahahaha 2/10, for instance, I don't get angry with them and demand an apology, even though I know full well what an actual "2/10" map in a game really looks like. I just smile and assume that, like what CG said about IV's mods, they are exaggerating to make a point.

One more thing! Please save your righteous indignation on behalf of the modders and modding community! He never insulted the modders. He claimed IV was so restrictive that it limited modding ability. Whether this is true or not, it in NO WAY insults the modders, but the game itself limiting the tools modders have.

Just because this is the V is better than IV topic doesn't mean we as a community should accept bullsh*t biased lies as a point when there's plenty of legit things to talk about. I'm sorry if you're upset and offended by this and have feelings of anger and ridicule but that is the stance that is being taken. No need for lies here, especially when there's members of said modding community in this very thread.

I agree about not accepting lies, which is why I am calling you on your bullsh*t here. I am neither offended or upset, so obviously that's bullsh*t, and your attempt to distract me by accusing me of undue emotion. All I am doing is calling you on your accusations, which are groundless. You and your fellow IV fans, when you cannot refute my facts, LOVE to posture as if I am feeling anger. Get over yourself and learn to argue the facts of the debate. Your erroneous perceptions about my feelings are both absurd and not relevant to the actual discourse. Please confine yourself to the topic at hand, and stop trying to pull a bait-and-switch by trying to "argue about my so called feelings" which have nothing to do with the topic.

Moreover, if ANYONE is acting like they got their feelings hurt, it isn't me. lol I never demanded an apology. I simply corrected your misstatements and factual errors in an evenhanded, unemotional way.

• CGFforLife likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

He still lied, his initial post stated that IV only has like texture mods. Simple as, if you can't accept that then that is not my issue.

What he claimed was wrong, if anything Rockstar and Take-Two have gone out of their way to try and restrict V modding as much as possible. The fact that you're still trying to paint me as a IV fan is still laughable when I've done more to help GTAV modding than you'll ever do. I don't even dabble making HD era mods (RenderWare for me) but I won't accept lies spread about this community, especially when they are presented as fact.
  • anthony likes this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

He still lied, his initial post stated that IV only has like texture mods.

He didn't lie. The worst you can say is he gave an opinion coupled with hyperbole or exaggeration, which believe me so many IV fans are guilty of when criticizing V and I never see you calling them on it. If you really want to argue with him, then have the temerity to just say that you think he is WRONG. But lying? lol Give it a rest.

Your work on modding also has nothing to do with this discussion, by the way. So stop with the righteous indignation, its a little absurd.

All of that said, I am reporting all of your posts (and mine as well, to be fair) for pointless arguing. This crap will get this fine thread closed, and I am hoping mods delete all this nonsensical off topic arguments. Disagree with him all you like, but you should stop accusing him of lying.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 4 days ago Edited by GTAKid667, 4 days ago.

We need to keep the discussion on topic, and get back to discussing what GTA V does better than GTA IV.

While I'd say there is room for discussion and challenging the opinions of other members, this discussion is getting out of hand and is not contributing to the topic. Either agree to disagree or take any further discussion out of this thread and into PM.

Thanks! :^:
  • ChiroVette, Algonquin Assassin and MorsPrincipiumEst like this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

We need to keep the discussion on topic, and get back to discussing what GTA V does better than GTA IV.

While I'd say there is room for discussion and challenging the opinions of other members, this discussion is getting out of hand and is not contributing to the topic. Either agree to disagree or take any further discussion out of this thread and into PM.

Thanks! :^:

Thank you!

Its easy to get caught up in some side-argument and unintentionally derail a good thread like this.

On topic:

Los Santos and Blaine County feel so much more alive than LC in IV. I love the way that the peds (including all the animals, which are basically non-human peds) react to me and one another. I love the way it feels like they all have real lives apart from being just background. I have so much fun interacting with the NPCs, human and animal. Plus, with all the awesome stuff to do, the properties and their associated missions, flyable vehicles, underwater environment, much improved driving, better in game Internet, and all the other beautiful touches, this game feels much more alive to me than IV's LC ever did.

• CGFforLife likes this

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Soldier

• Members

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Cheatz_N_Trickz, 4 days ago.

I did 15 of 30 Car Thefts for Stevie yesterday.  While doing this for 2 Hours...I got 11 Calls from various "Friends" to hang out.

Just put the phone on sleep, then off after each car. The text comes through pretty soon.
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

I fully understood you the first time.  The point you seem to not get is why should I HAVE TO do this?  The game was just programmed badly that when you're in free roam doing Stunt Jumps, Pigeons, this or that, that you're constantly harassed by Niko's "Friends."  Resorting to putting the Phone on Silent and then removing it, putting it back on, removing it, putting back on, is just "more steps" that make the whole process that much more annoying.  They call all the time = Annoying.  Putting the Phone on Silent all the time and then taking it off = Annoying.  It's really that simple.  I will drop the subject, though.  I stated what V did better than IV and it's surely the Phone Calls and Friend stuff making it running in the background, rather than practically being the forefront of the game...

• ChiroVette likes this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

Another thing that V does better than IV, by far, is the sense of unbridled, adrenaline fueled action in so many of the many missions. One of the missions that comes to mind is Derailed. The pacing, action, and over-the-top fun of so many of V's mission just add so much to the game!

I fully understood you the first time.  The point you seem to not get is why should I HAVE TO do this?  The game was just programmed badly that when you're in free roam doing Stunt Jumps, Pigeons, this or that, that you're constantly harassed by Niko's "Friends."  Resorting to putting the Phone on Silent and then removing it, putting it back on, removing it, putting back on, is just "more steps" that make the whole process that much more annoying.  They call all the time = Annoying.  Putting the Phone on Silent all the time and then taking it off = Annoying.  It's really that simple.  I will drop the subject, though.  I stated what V did better than IV and it's surely the Phone Calls and Friend stuff making it running in the background, rather than practically being the forefront of the game...

100% absolutely right!!

You are referencing one of the countless things V does better than IV, not looking for excuses or annoying workarounds.

I am sure there are threads in the IV forum where you can find tips and tricks to getting around the lazy programming, and I'm sure those are very good. But that wasn't the point you were trying to make, nor is it the point of this thread.
  • MorsPrincipiumEst and CGFforLife like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users