1,539 replies to this topic
Sonny3787
  • Sonny3787

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2016 - 07:20 AM

Two more reasons why V is better.

- IV mobile phone is ugly as hell and stupid. V's much better, more modern, usable and customizable.

- Mouse steering feature. Really appreciate it

• Osho likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 05 February 2016 - 07:21 AM

Lets keep it on topic chaps.;)

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 05 February 2016 - 07:23 AM

Here's another: Female Police Officers/Sheriff Deputies.

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 February 2016 - 07:30 AM

Time for some GTA V praise:

- Water effects are stunning
- Water physics make for good wave jumps
- Weather effects are stunning (if a little artificial)
- Fluid animations
- Draw distance is impressive for a last gen game
- Trevor's unique taunts are amazing
- Ned Luke's acting = superb.

That'll do for now.
  • Algonquin Assassin, theGTAking101, DANIEL3GS and 2 others like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 05 February 2016 - 07:33 AM

The first GTA Game to introduce Creeks, and Streams.

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 February 2016 - 07:41 AM

The story missions were a major pain if you failed in IV due to silly replay system. Better handled in V.
  • Sword with no name and Al3x_XXI like this

Blackened
  • Blackened

Fan of all GTAs

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 05 February 2016 - 07:51 AM

The first GTA Game to introduce Creeks, and Streams.

To me, this is what separates GTA V from the rest. The river heading out to sea with the bridges dotted along the way makes for a stunning environment. With NPC planes flying through, trains dashing across. It's things like this that make "doing nothing" so satisfying to me.

It certainly made using boats a little bit more interesting.
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 February 2016 - 07:53 AM

The story missions were a major pain if you failed in IV due to silly replay system. Better handled in V.

Play better then! Lol just kidding :) Thank Red Dead for the checkpoint system.

ULPaperContact
  • ULPaperContact

Proti všem tyranům, pro boha a zemi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2016 - 07:58 AM

Two more reasons why V is better.

- IV mobile phone is ugly as hell and stupid. V's much better, more modern, usable and customizable.

- Mouse steering feature. Really appreciate it

Dude, in 2008 those were phones. Besides, Niko is poor anyway, it's a cheap phone.

You can customize your phone in GTA 4... you just need to buy the backgrounds (Another way to spend money, don't know if you have to buy them in 5)

I didn't like it, but I respect your opinion.

• R4gN0r0K and theGTAking101 like this

CKR187
  • CKR187

GTA and Heavy Metal: A healthy Breakfast.

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:04 AM

Just watched both videos for the first time. The only thing that I think GTA IV has above GTA V is the the fighting variety. It does annoy me that the fighting is so lackless on V, but king hitting people is alot more satisfying on V.

What I get from this argument is "Why didn't they make the same game, damn it. Why do they have to try and improve stuff. Just keep the same game, and make the graphics better. Don't substitute fun for realism".

ULPaperContact
  • ULPaperContact

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:08 AM

What I get from this argument is "Why didn't they make the same game, damn it. Why do they have to try and improve stuff. Just keep the same game, and make the graphics better. Don't substitute fun for realism".

The fans wanted them to improve on the current system. But for a lot of people here on the forums outside the forums- They didn't, except for the graphics. To say 4's graphics are better is rather... incorrect.

• Glory Holin' likes this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:11 AM Edited by Osho, 05 February 2016 - 08:13 AM.

Play better then! Lol just kidding :) .
I knew such a bogus comment will show up.
Shamus young has nicely exposed it here:

People praised GTA 4 for introducing the reset mission option. But unlike the checkpoint saves in Saints Row or other games, this isn't a proper reset to your pre-mission state. If you fired bullets they're still gone. If you lost health or armor, those aren't restored. All it does is teleport you to the mission start. If you just attempted the mission with full health, armor, and lots of bullets, and failed anyway, then trying again when you're low on resources is setting yourself up for another failure. So if you want to re-supply then you have to..
..reset the mission..
..skip the cutscene..
..get a vehicle..
..drive to the gun store..
..reload your ammo..
..replenish your armor..
..drive somewhere to refill your health..
..drive to the mission area..
..skip the cutscene..
..and do it again.
Every time. That is NOT a reset mission option, and it's borderline barbaric that a major AAA game in 2008 was still doing things this way.
If there's a silver lining here, it's that GTA V seems to be a small step in the right direction. The mission scripting is a little less tyrannical and the heist system even gives you a little bit of freedom in how to approach problems. Granted, this freedom is in the planning stage and not in the mission itself, but you know, baby steps.
  • /\rdooZ, Al3x_XXI and Kauf Me like this

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:13 AM

If you watched the videos then you saw all the things that IV does better than V, so why does V not improve on these? Instead, it just degrades them. The only things improved in V are graphics, but, obviously graphics would improve.

ULPaperContact
  • ULPaperContact

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:14 AM

Play better then! Lol just kidding :) .
I knew such a bogus comment will show up.
Shamus young has nicely exposed it here:

People praised GTA 4 for introducing the reset mission option. But unlike the checkpoint saves in Saints Row or other games, this isn't a proper reset to your pre-mission state. If you fired bullets they're still gone. If you lost health or armor, those aren't restored. All it does is teleport you to the mission start. If you just attempted the mission with full health, armor, and lots of bullets, and failed anyway, then trying again when you're low on resources is setting yourself up for another failure. So if you want to re-supply then you have to..
..reset the mission..
..skip the cutscene..
..get a vehicle..
..drive to the gun store..
..reload your ammo..
..replenish your armor..
..drive somewhere to refill your health..
..drive to the mission area..
..skip the cutscene..
..and do it again.
Every time. That is NOT a reset mission option, and it's borderline barbaric that a major AAA game in 2008 was still doing things this way.
If there's a silver lining here, it's that GTA V seems to be a small step in the right direction. The mission scripting is a little less tyrannical and the heist system even gives you a little bit of freedom in how to approach problems. Granted, this freedom is in the planning stage and not in the mission itself, but you know, baby steps.

In GTA VI, I just want to be able to do it MY way or the HIGHway.

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:15 AM

Instead, it just degrades them. The only things improved in V are graphics, but, obviously graphics would improve.

That's the same thing applies to IV. Apart from the obvious, the graphics and other technical wizardry, its a massive.. I mean, really, a massive downgrade in the fun department and content offered over 3D Era GTA's.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

ULPaperContact
  • ULPaperContact

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:18 AM

Instead, it just degrades them. The only things improved in V are graphics, but, obviously graphics would improve.

That's the same thing applies to IV. Apart from the obvious, the graphics and other technical wizardry, its a massive.. I mean, really, a massive upgrade in the fun department and content offered over 3D Era GTA's.

FTFY

And this is an opinion. You can't really say that as a fact.

• Algonquin Assassin, Cheatz_N_Trickz and theGTAking101 like this

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:18 AM

If you fired bullets they're still gone. If you lost health or armor, those aren't restored. All it does is teleport you to the mission start.

That's true. Good thing TLAD added mid-mission checkpoints which paved the way for Red Dead to further refine it to its current state.

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:24 AM

02And this is an opinion. You can't really say that as a fact.

I know. I never said its a fact.
Only those who can see the greatness in IV more than any game in this world has the exclusive right about anything to "really say that as a fact", the rest are all opinions against IV.

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

borger

• Members
  • GoSquared
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:28 AM

I'm pretty sure there's already a 'V is better than IV' thread.
  • theGTAking101 and Payne Killer like this

ULPaperContact
  • ULPaperContact

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:32 AM

Only those who can see the greatness in IV more than any game in this world has the exclusive right about anything to "really say that as a fact", the rest are all opinions against IV.

... That's not true either.

• theGTAking101 and slimeball supreme like this

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

borger

• Members
  • GoSquared
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:34 AM

im confused

ULPaperContact
  • ULPaperContact

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:37 AM

im confused

That's the point. Think about it a bit harder and your brain will explode.

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:39 AM

The thing with these videos is that they show objectively what IV and V do better.

But, what V does better is down to obvious improvements that time and optimisation of the game engine allows (graphics, more fluid animation, better window smashing effect, wet clothing effect etc).

But the IV video shows things that V just didn't bother to improve or expand upon, but should have (interiors, melee, deflating tires (dem details), crash physics, bullet spread, climbing).
  • Algonquin Assassin, R4gN0r0K, anthony and 2 others like this

xHaviiHx
  • xHaviiHx

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:51 AM

GTA IV is a meme. If you have played GTA V enough and switch back to IV it's horrible, no joke.

• Sonny3787, danilo_ol, Al3x_XXI and 3 others like this

ULPaperContact
  • ULPaperContact

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:55 AM

GTA V is a meme. If you have played GTA IV enough and switch to V it's horrible, no joke.

I like editing quotes. It's kind of fun :)

What makes you think so?

• B Dawg, PhillBellic, slimeball supreme and 2 others like this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:05 AM

- FPV
- Different body armor system
- Now, the strippers can actually be invited to your house.
- GTA:O > IV:MP
- Interesting Easter eggs like peyote. IV was boring with no interesting Easter eggs.
- Director mode
  • /\rdooZ and Al3x_XXI like this

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:08 AM

GTAV had body armour?
  • theGTAking101 likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:09 AM

Main reason why V is better than IV for me: 

I didn't want to blow my own brains out through despair when I was playing it. 

V's great, IV's great, why the f*ck are we even doing this again?

BOTH GAMES ARE GOOD AND PEOPLE LIKE ONE, THE OTHER, OR BOTH. ISN'T THAT INCREDIBLE?

WE DO NOT NEED TO DO THIS ALL OVER AGAIN. 

• anthony, ten-a-penny, SmokesWithCigs and 1 other like this

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:11 AM

I think a lot of stuff is better or welcome additions in V. At the same time, I'm not giving credit for sh*t that should be better when comparing a 2008 game to a 2013 game. "It looks better". Really? That's like being impressed because a female looks better than her mom.

I'm more impressed at the stuff that's terrible in V.  It's pretty impressive how attempting to purchase a hot dog can end with you getting beat to death, and I love the way random gangs form because one guy doesn't like your stand position. I have a special love for slamming my face into walls because I jumped a bit too early. Even better is how R* has improved wood and sheet metal physics. It just adds another enjoyable layer to the driving.

Can somebody please explain some of those effects. They're so gross looking. The game looks so good, but it makes me wonder how disconnected some of the R* developers are. It seems like certain stuff just doesn't link properly in V. Great looking map, poor map physics. Without even talking about the handling, why do car accidents feel like the toy cars you use to crash together as a kid? It's also pretty interesting to add so much unnecessary camera movement. Clearly nobody will have a problem with the constant swaying of a vehicle camera.

A lack of vigilante missions in a game with so many law enforcement vehicles is just irresponsible. Any talk of interiors should acknowledge the fact GTA V is a heist game. Those interiors are mission specific for no reason. Why can't the interiors, mechanics, and tools from the heist missions be used in free roam?

I'll only give GTA credit for doing something interesting and deeper than a lot of the superficial stuff we find in GTA V. When you give credit for the basic improvements, it's meaningless. It's pretty easy for R* to make a beautiful map or improve on an engine they've now been using for a decade. That stuff is expected.

GTA V is better because:

Customization - vehicles, weapons, clothes

Environments - Wilderness, underwater, etc.

Animals - they are there...

Random Events - some are poorly executed, but still a welcome addition

Purchasing Property is back! - R* should be ashamed of themselves...lol

Special Abilities - I actually like them when I think to use them.

Switch Mechanic - I sometimes forget it's there, but I love when I switch and everything feels a bit different.

• Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg, ten-a-penny and 1 other like this

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:15 AM

It's pretty impressive how attempting to purchase a hot dog can end with you getting beat to death.

..but..........you can't purchase a hot dog at all........can you?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users