Photo

Things GTA V did better than GTA IV

1,680 replies to this topic
Sonny3787
  • Sonny3787

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:14 AM Edited by Sonny3787, 05 February 2016 - 04:19 AM.

Ok, so today I've watched that famous video "GTA IV is better than GTA V" highly appreciated in the thread of the same name and I've got something to say for those who pray to the author and the GTA IV itself.

1. You get closer to the people in V and they go away/curse/arrest you (if it was cops).

Bullsh*t. Don't walk RIGHT UP TO the peds and they will be staying/sitting just where they are and you can even talk to them. In GTA IV you can't. Now imagine you're hanging out with your girl/boyfriend in the street when some f*cking freak just gets close to you without a word. What are you going to do? Keep staying like nothing happens, like this man is invisible or something? Oh, and another thing (about the very first scene of this video). Just try to get closer to the cops silently in U.S. some day. Especially if you're well-built, tall male. Good luck with that!

2. 5:56. AGAIN. Imagine, you're a driver, staying at the red light, minding your own business, until some dumbass with a gun comes up pointing his gun at you. I'm 200% sure you will hit the gas and drive the f*ck away from this crazy asshole, or what? Are you serious, YOU WILL OPEN THE DOOR, GET OUT OF YOUR VEHICLE WITH YOUR HANDS UP AND RUN? Lol.

3. 8:49. "Cannot survive explosions", very first try and he... survived! Lol. Stay a little bit further from the nade in V and you'll survive. Just get a little bit closer to the nade in IV and you'll be dead. Actually he proved it himself in this video at 13:28.

4. 12:42. IV has police side missions, V has not.

Well, V has taxi side missions, IV has not.

5. 13:45. So what? We can see that Franklin has "wet animations" too. Nice, calm animations, btw. And Niko acts like a psychopat when it's raining. Like it is acid rain, lol.

6. Yeah, nice, you can enter and buy some food or drinks in Burger Shots and Cluckin Bells in IV. In 5 you can do the same in 24/7 shops. Hospital interior in IV - police station interior in V. What's the problem?

So I guess everyone have seen this video response as well

This video is gorgeous!

Ok, IRL, I've never tried to have a ride staying on the top of the truck or subway train. And, I guess, I'd fall, just like in IV, but cmon guys, it's a game! And in V, we can have fun this way. In IV we can't. 4:26 - ISN'T IT NICE?

So, for those "IV great car handling" fans:

7:19, if you guys think this is great, you probably have never driven a real car.

In the end, when this "We were set up" theme started playing at 8:06 I got CHILLS! Damn, IV fans, you must admit this guy just f*cked you up! But don't get all this wrong, i love both of the games, I have been playing IV for years, just like any other GTA, since the GTA 2. Both IV and V have shortcomings. Bugs. Glitches. But overall, GTA V is better. Much better graphics, much better safehouses, plus cars, characters and weapons customization, so many details, storyline missions are great, better than IV's, more various and interesting than IV's. So when I overcome my FPS drops, V will definitely be my favorite game ever!

gta-v-five-logo-v-only.png

• ChiroVette, -Anti-, Gunnalingus and 16 others like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:17 AM

GTA IV does. Niko can do taxi fares for Roman.;)

• Mince, Tomasak, Gravarty and 35 others like this

Vinewood Villain
  • Vinewood Villain

Red Dead III in the making

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:19 AM Edited by Vinewood Villain, 05 February 2016 - 04:27 AM.

3. 8:49. "Cannot survive explosions", very first try and he... survived! Lol. Stay a little bit further from the nade in V and you'll survive. Just get a little bit closer to the nade in IV and you'll be dead. Actually he proved it himself in this video at 13:28.

Thing about GTA IV is that there's a concussion wave from explosions. As long as you're not too close to the explosion, you won't die but rather fall back in a ragdoll state. I think everyone can agree that's a lot more convenient (and immersive) than instantly dying. I seems that GTA V has an explosion radius and if you're 1mm too close it's instant death for the player.

Both games have their perks, but to me GTA IV was a lot more impressive for its time. I prefer the more dense, grounded environment Liberty City pulled off. 

Also, the top video has way more views and a far better like/dislike ratio. I guess the whole "the predecessor is better than the sequel!" sentiment between GTA IV and GTA V is beginning to trend on Youtube.

• Algonquin Assassin, Der_Don, Che Guevara_187 and 19 others like this

Sonny3787
  • Sonny3787

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:25 AM

GTA IV does. Niko can do taxi fares for Roman. ;)

It's bullsh*t, not a taxi missions. Just be honest. V's taxi driver is classic GTA taxi driver, just like it was in III, VC and SA. In IV, it is not even a taxi car.

;)

• ChiroVette, ten-a-penny, danilo_ol and 2 others like this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:32 AM

Best PC version
Amazing mod variety
Massive map with a lot of variety
  • ChiroVette, Pastry, Al3x_XXI and 1 other like this

VenomsnakeVII
  • VenomsnakeVII

RDR2 Drought Fighter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:33 AM

It's not about being realistic. For f*cks sake it's a game. i want to have fun not look at how pretty it is. storyline and great don't go good together in this game. it's either the trevor shouting simulator or fib bitches part 2. IV was better bro look at the facts.

• Arrows to Athens likes this

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

Get out of my sight, or I'll kill you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:34 AM Edited by theGTAking101, 05 February 2016 - 05:00 AM.

Here's a thread that's already made, I'll just re-post my points from that.

- You can talk to peds

- Radio wheel

- Car customization
- Weapon customization
- Vehicle variety
- Weapon variety
- Character movements & cover system
- Snapmatic
- Countryside
- More things to spend money on (although there still isn't much)
- Animals
- Underwater
- Barber shops
- More clothing options
- Ragdoll button
- Ability to run/enter vehicles while on the phone (most annoying thing in IV)

I still prefer IV, but here are some things I like better in V.

• Che Guevara_187, ten-a-penny, Dangerous and sad and 12 others like this

VenomsnakeVII
  • VenomsnakeVII

RDR2 Drought Fighter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:40 AM

- V has better character movements(Online)

- You can talk to peds(V)

- Radio wheel(V)

- Car customization(Online)
- Weapon customization(Online)
- Vehicle variety(Online)
- Weapon variety(Online)
- Snapmatic(Online)
- Countryside(who cares)
- More things to spend money on (although there still isn't much)(Online)
- Animals(V)
- Underwater(Sucks)
- Barber shops(Online)
- More clothing options(Online majorly)
- Ragdoll button(Saints row)
- Ability to run/enter vehicles while on the phone (most annoying thing in IV)(Online\V)

I still prefer V, but here are some things I like better in IV.

Fixed it for you brother

• Kafonix and eCola like this

CarlitoDorito
  • CarlitoDorito

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:44 AM

Im not sure this will go well. Blood will boil here sir.

The water - Niko is a slow swimmer. I hated having to swim any further than about 2ft in IV. I quite like it in V because it's like the ocean and not a giant pool of oil. There's life and it's not all exactly the same. I like the way characters clothes get wet, how everything looks wet in a storm. If you drive through a stream the vehicle will pull water out of the stream. Nice details.

I don't play it for the water and water doesn't effect my opinion of either game.
  • ten-a-penny, Al3x_XXI, NearExpansion and 1 other like this

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:45 AM Edited by theGTAking101, 05 February 2016 - 04:45 AM.

- Radio wheel(V)

- Weapon variety(Online)
- Snapmatic(Online)
- Countryside(who cares)
- Animals(V)
- Underwater(Sucks)
- Barber shops(Online)
- Ability to run/enter vehicles while on the phone (most annoying thing in IV)(Online\V)

Fixed it for you brother

Nah, I could write a longer list in the IV thread. My opinion remains the same.

• SmokesWithCigs likes this

Sonny3787
  • Sonny3787

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:50 AM

- Radio wheel(V)

- Weapon variety(Online)
- Snapmatic(Online)
- Countryside(who cares)
- Animals(V)
- Underwater(Sucks)
- Barber shops(Online)

Fixed it for you brother

You aint fix anything, you can customize cars, weapons and characters in singleplayer very well. And the underwater doesn't suck, it's pretty nice, realistic and interesting to explore, well, IV doesn't have it at all.

• ten-a-penny, Awesom-0, Al3x_XXI and 2 others like this

Cheatz/Trickz
  • Cheatz/Trickz

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:51 AM

The GTA IV video is 17 minutes, the GTA V one is only 9 and half minutes.

LOL.
  • Che Guevara_187, suicidehummer, assCRACK_98 and 3 others like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:54 AM

It's bullsh*t, not a taxi missions. Just be honest. V's taxi driver is classic GTA taxi driver, just like it was in III, VC and SA. In IV, it is not even a taxi car.

;)

Well I guess if they're not taxi missions Niko just picks up random people in a car and gets money for the hell of it. :lol:

If anything GTA IV was the first GTA to really legitmise the inclusion of them seeing as Niko does it to help out Roman's business instead of hijacking random taxis off the street. It's ok if you prefer the "classic" approach, but I was just correcting you that's all.;)

• R4gN0r0K, Official General, Che Guevara_187 and 15 others like this

Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Still King

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:54 AM Edited by Son of Zeus, 05 February 2016 - 04:55 AM.

;)
So, are you trying to say that Taxi missions are better than Police side missions? Really?
  • Algonquin Assassin, R4gN0r0K, Che Guevara_187 and 12 others like this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:56 AM

That video about IV being better than V is a joke. Not meant to be taken seriously.

V isn't perfect, but one can easily make a video to show IVs imperfections, too, compared to V.
In fact, when it comes to PC, V easily demolishes every claim about IV made in that video.
Also, the game hasn't yet finished complete support from developers end, and all V needs, to make the NG console versions better are a series of patches and fixes.
It may happen at any time when they're done with online, otherwise its too early, to conclude anything.

@ topic

I enjoy driving around the map more than IV, not a fan of Vs driving mechanics though.
No [ insert a name ] - %like and % respect, silly elements attached like in IV when hanging out. This is one of those unrealistic aspect in IV, unlike V which makes it more easy to relate with the feature, making it less annoying.
  • ChiroVette, danilo_ol, Frito-Man and 3 others like this

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:57 AM

;)

Well I guess if they're not taxi missions Niko just picks up random people in a car and gets money for the hell of it. :lol:

If anything GTA IV was the first GTA to really legitmise the inclusion of them seeing as Niko does it to help out Roman's business instead of hijacking random taxis off the street. It's ok if you prefer the "classic" approach, but I was just correcting you that's all. ;)

I agree, I'd rather have a legitimate taxi business than just steal random taxis off the street.

• Official General likes this

CarlitoDorito
  • CarlitoDorito

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:06 AM Edited by CarlitoDorito, 05 February 2016 - 05:09 AM.

More expensive things to spend money on. IV had ammo, you spend millions on ammo because it wouldn't save if you went over the limit anyway. Clothes, taxi's, food, weapons, strippers and hookers. Ringtones. Pay and spray. Spending Nikos money after the game was compete was difficult.

V has vehicles, vehicle mods, more weapons, ammo, businesses, stocks, clothes, strippers and hookers as well. Not much more to spend money on but things that aren't a dollar. LS customs gives you some choice with your money and you're buying different things. I prefer that.

I prefer LS customs to Pay n Spray, skipping the time forward 6 hours for a selection of about 8 colours and a fix is good but I want some choice, just a bit. It's a different place and Niko driving a modded chrome vehicle would be odd. Give me PnS and LCS :p

No annoying toll booths.
  • Al3x_XXI likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:09 AM

I should probably add what I think GTA V does better..

-Graphics

-Customising

-Snapmatic

• ChiroVette, assCRACK_98, theGTAking101 and 2 others like this

Sonny3787
  • Sonny3787

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:11 AM

;)
So, are you trying to say that Taxi missions are better than Police side missions? Really?

No, but let's be honest again, IV police missions suck. You can't arrest people, then drive them to the police station, no partners, all you can do is just drive to the location of suspects alone and kill them all. I don't consider it interesting and there is nothing about "police" at all. Also, your game will f*cking freeze every time you try to locate suspect who is close to you in Most Wanted missions. Lol

• danilo_ol likes this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:14 AM

Taxi missions are not interesting in IV, as some one rightly pointed out, they are not in the same vein as the classic ones.
Quoting- In IV doing taxi missions isn't required for completion of the game nor it does not bring any achievement or bonus apart of a small amount of money, usually no more than dollars 20-30. It was likely implemented for the sake of the plot early on in the game.
On the other hand in V, taxi missions are handled better, closer to the way the classic taxi rides were.
  • LeonTheKiller, Sonny3787, ten-a-penny and 3 others like this

ULPaperContact
  • ULPaperContact

Proti všem tyranům, pro boha a zemi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:14 AM

;)

GTA V's taxi driver isn't 'classic'. You wait for them to tell you when there's a fare. It's not an R3 mission.

Best PC version
Amazing mod variety
Massive map with a lot of variety

First one is true.

Second is debatable.

That's purely opinion.

• Che Guevara_187, anthony, theGTAking101 and 2 others like this

Cheatz/Trickz
  • Cheatz/Trickz

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:14 AM Edited by Cheatz_N_Trickz, 05 February 2016 - 05:18 AM.

That video about IV being better than V is a joke. Not meant to be taken seriously.

V isn't perfect, but one can easily make a video to show IVs imperfections, too, compared to V.
In fact, when it comes to PC, V easily demolishes every claim about IV made in that video.
Also, the game hasn't yet finished complete support from developers end, and all V needs, to make the NG console versions better are a series of patches and fixes.
It may happen at any time when they're done with online, otherwise its too early, to conclude anything.

@ topic

I enjoy driving around the map more than IV, not a fan of Vs driving mechanics though.
No [ insert a name ] - %like and % respect, silly elements attached like in IV when hanging out. This is one of those unrealistic aspect in IV, unlike V which makes it more easy to relate with the feature, making it less annoying.

Yes it's a joke. Just like this V video shows some improvements over IV. Both videos are tongue-in-cheek, it's all good. But, the IV video mainly shows how V took a step backwards, or cut corners in quite a few places. The V video only really shows improvements that come naturally with time and optimisation.

I really don't get your hatred of the like and respect system in IV though. I don't see how it's unrealistic, it is just a game mechanic, no different than the in-game stats. The reason you hate it is the reason I like it, and the reason you prefer V's version is the reason I dislike it. Crazy I know!
  • Algonquin Assassin, anthony, assCRACK_98 and 5 others like this

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

F*CK ALL YA BUSTAS -Tupac Shakur (Crica 1994)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:26 AM Edited by GTA_The_Series, 05 February 2016 - 05:26 AM.

- Radio wheel(V)
- Weapon variety(Online)
- Snapmatic(Online)
- Countryside(who cares)
- Animals(V)
- Underwater(Sucks)
- Barber shops(Online)

Fixed it for you brother
You aint fix anything, you can customize cars, weapons and characters in singleplayer very well. And the underwater doesn't suck, it's pretty nice, realistic and interesting to explore, well, IV doesn't have it at all.
That was one thing. R* improved the ocean in V by adding some nice detail to it :^:

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:27 AM

You need to stop walking in my ( or any one for that matter ) shoes Cheatz, and draw any conclusion to what you think are the "reasons one hates/dislikes anything about IV"
Many don't get your hatred of many things in V, too.
  • ten-a-penny and Schachmatt777 like this

ULPaperContact
  • ULPaperContact

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:27 AM

- Radio wheel(V)
- Weapon variety(Online)
- Snapmatic(Online)
- Countryside(who cares)
- Animals(V)
- Underwater(Sucks)
- Barber shops(Online)

Fixed it for you brother
That was one thing. R* improved the ocean in V by adding some nice detail to it :^:

True, but they made it awful to explore with the crappy sub.

Cheatz/Trickz
  • Cheatz/Trickz

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:32 AM

You need to stop walking in my ( or any one for that matter ) shoes Cheatz, and draw any conclusion to what you think are the "reasons one hates/dislikes anything about IV. Many don't get your hatred of many things in V, too.

It's just that you criticise those stats as something that affect the game. Makes no sense, you could completely ignore that if you wished. Problems with V are not that simple, that they can just be ignored.
  • theGTAking101 and Glory Holin' like this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:42 AM

You need to stop walking in my ( or any one for that matter ) shoes Cheatz, and draw any conclusion to what you think are the "reasons one hates/dislikes anything about IV. Many don't get your hatred of many things in V, too.

It's just that you criticise those stats as something that affect the game. Makes no sense, you could completely ignore that if you wished.
Of course, it affects the system you're interested in engaging for unlocking the rewards that come with, which is what offers the player some variety than doing the same thing in a normal manner. Despite making myself clear in my posts, you are still acting like you can't comprehend simple English, and then you complain in the same respect and logic for many things about V.
You're not making sense, so stop bullsh*tting with the "ignore that" rubbish.
Start with yourself by ignoring many things in V, because it makes sense for others, than how you feel.
  • ten-a-penny and Schachmatt777 like this

Sonny3787
  • Sonny3787

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:42 AM

- You can ride various bicycles, with some of them you can do bunny hops.

- You can control various planes.

- No f*cking retards calling every 10 minutes asking me if I wanna go bowling/eating etc.

- Underwater world.

- Nice and real car colors, instead of those ugly and stupid pink/light green Huntleys, Cavalcades etc.

- If Vsync is turned on, you can play with FPS higher than 56.

- You can stop your vehicle at anytime in any place on the road and be 100% sure a stupid driver won't crash it from behind.

• ten-a-penny, jatiger13, /\rdooZ and 1 other like this

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:44 AM

The friends system in IV isn't even bad. People act like you're forced to go out with them, and if you don't then the like/respect goes down a sh*tton and your life is over.

I like that friends actually call you. It feels like they actually exist in the world.

• Algonquin Assassin, R4gN0r0K, kvic and 8 others like this

ULPaperContact
  • ULPaperContact

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:44 AM

- You can ride various bicycles, with some of them you can do bunny hops.

- You can control various planes.

- No f*cking retards calling every 10 minutes asking me if I wanna go bowling/eating etc.

- Underwater world.

- Nice and real car colors, instead of those ugly and stupid pink/light green Huntleys, Cavalcades etc.

- If Vsync is turned on, you can play with FPS higher than 56.

- You can stop your vehicle at anytime in any place on the road and be 100% sure a stupid driver won't crash it from behind.

-Fair Enough.

-Fair enough.

-You can decline them, you know. But OK.

-Which is horrible to explore due to the sh*tty submarine.

-I never saw any pink/light green huntleys, but fair enough.

-I play on consoles, I wouldn't know.

-Nowhere near true. The traffic in 5 is buggy as hell.

• R4gN0r0K, Che Guevara_187, anthony and 7 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users