Why So Much Hate?

535 replies to this topic
Le biatch
  • Le biatch

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Aahh yes I was waiting for those that R* call the "blonded"..meaning that any lesson taught by them can and WILL go over your heads. You see, it's always been about money, whether real or not.
And if you can fleece it out of some idiot that is willing to give you the opportunity, wouldn't you do the same?

HamwithCheese
  • HamwithCheese

President of the LS Coquette Owners Club

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Aahh yes I was waiting for those that R* call the "blonded"..meaning that any lesson taught by them can and WILL go over your heads. You see, it's always been about money, whether real or not.
And if you can fleece it out of some idiot that is willing to give you the opportunity, wouldn't you do the same?

Lots of devs usually don't. Granted they aren't making as much money as r*, I still like them better.
  • Voodoo-Hendrix likes this

TyrionV
  • TyrionV

Peon

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted A week ago

Let's get realistic here:
GTA 5 made 8 billion dollars in sales in the first week or so..

Utter nonsense, you just made that number up!

They had sales of $1B or so in the first week but are nowhere close to $2B let alone 8.

They also had to make GTA V which would have cost a few hundred million. Similarly making RDR2 and GTA VI won’t come cheap.
  • Le biatch likes this

Bruce Khansey
  • Bruce Khansey

Replicant

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

To me is simple: wanna play? log on; don't want to? don't.

That keeps things simple... and unhelpful.

If you want somebody, anybody, to do something the chances that they actually do so are much higher if you communicate with them.

And that is not an exclusive action. You can try communicating your complaints and decide to log on or not log on. Actually, I would wager that 100% of the people complaining either do log in or do not log in. And because they complain R* has the chance to know why they chose this way or the other. R* just chooses not to listen since there are still more than enough people willing to fill the shareholders' wallets, but that is not on the people who complain.

Saw this just now.

Anyway, I agree. If R* doesn't listen to complains, then it's a completely different story. But you're right, in this case avoid playing doesn't improve things.

xxi
  • xxi

that's what a queen do

• Daily Globe
  • Wales
  • The Baddest Female
    Best CL Fan
    Best New Member 2015

Posted A week ago

it's one of those love and hate relationships, not everyone is going to be satisfied with content.
  • Le biatch and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Smokewood
  • Smokewood

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Pay to win what exactly? There is no way to win or lose in GTA.
Is there a score card I am missing?
Is there a point where if you die you have to start all over with a new character?

There is no win!
There is no lose!

Yes, you can lose in GTA Online. If you're doing a CEO mission and your cargo gets blown up by someone who can afford a ton of orbital cannon shots, you've just lost hundreds of thousands in dollars in potential income, as well as a good chunk of time grinding to get that cargo. For a hard-working grinder, that can be quite a blow to business.

I'd like to reiterate this again. It's not the glitchers who are causing the increase in prices. I guarantee that if everyone was an angel and never once glitched, prices would still be where they are right now. It's Rockstar's greed and desire to milk every last drop out of us that's driving the prices up.

This sort of microtransaction bullsh*t simply has no place in a $60 game. $60 is already a hefty amount for some of us. This model is understandable in free-to-play browser and mobile games, but even then, there are ways to make your money without gouging your playerbase.

See, you lost nothing but time.

There is no win or lose.

• Le biatch likes this

PwnageSoldier
  • PwnageSoldier

LtColonel of the 29th Marine Division

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

Personally I hate the abhorrent pushing of shark cards and their pricing, but otherwise they don't really get hate from me. GTA:O has kept my attention for 3 1/2 years, and that's a pretty long time for a game nowadays if I do say so myself.

Smokewood
  • Smokewood

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Making money in SP from the stock market is literally like, 10 minutes of work over the entire campaign if you know what you're doing, then you're practically set for the rest of eternity. Not to mention that it's tied to a campaign with an actual story and structure instead of sh*tty freeroam missions fighting against instakills, flying motorcycles and fighter jets... comparing the actually quality SP with the joke of an online is silly to begin with but acting like the 'work' required in the stock exchange is anywhere near comparable to grinding out GTAO is even sillier.

Why do you need money is story-mode?

I went through it last weekend and after the last job, all 3 of my guys have 27 Million.

So I went out and bought all the weapons and customized all my cars, and I still have 27 Million on each guy.

Le biatch
  • Le biatch

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Why do you need money is story-mode?
I went through it last weekend and after the last job, all 3 of my guys have 27 Million.
So I went out and bought all the weapons and customized all my cars, and I still have 27 Million on each guy.

This👆
The message of the game (in case it hasn't hit you yet) is based on peoples greed, love and the lack thereof, and the CHOICE of changing the course of the story.
There is already too much detail in SP and adding things only complicate how the game works. Online was a good choice by eliminating things you dont really need like animals and foliage in order to add more content.
Ive said it once and I'll say it again:
This game is a REMASTER.

Wavybone216
  • Wavybone216

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I dont hate GTAOnline....I only hate the fanboys.....

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

I agree with Furry_Monkey about GTA Online not being Pay-to-win, this game is more like Pay-to-skip, that is, pay to skip the grueling grind that R* put in the game in the first place.

So yeah, it's basically blackmail. "Oh, you can earn money playing the game, but good luck with that. BTW, if you want to jump straight to the fun, Shark Cards are just for you, cAsH iS kInG iN lOs SaNtOs!!!1"

A game should motivate me to spend money to have more fun, not to jump above the deliberately unfun parts to get to the fun, which coincidentially, most of the time consist in making the game as unfun as possible to other players.

You have a very good point there. For the doomsday heist setups, you either go through the torture of stealing the required equipment in a public session, or you pay 100k to skip all the gameplay. Broughy summed this up pretty well in his Doomsday update discussion video.

• D9fred95, DentureDynamite and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Le biatch
  • Le biatch

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Le biatch, A week ago.

For the doomsday heist setups, you either go through the torture of stealing the required equipment in a public session, or you pay 100k to skip all the gameplay. Broughy summed this up pretty well in his Doomsday update discussion video.

Hmmm...kinda sounds like you can either play the game, or pay to get what you want,..Shark cards, anyone??😉😂

Smokewood
  • Smokewood

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

For the doomsday heist setups, you either go through the torture of stealing the required equipment in a public session, or you pay 100k to skip all the gameplay. Broughy summed this up pretty well in his Doomsday update discussion video.

Hmmm...kinda sounds like you can either play the game, or pay to get what you want,..Shark cards, anyone??

Yes, you can pay to SKIP content.

However that is not the same as pay to WIN.

HamwithCheese
  • HamwithCheese

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Hmmm...kinda sounds like you can either play the game, or pay to get what you want,..Shark cards, anyone??

Yes, you can pay to SKIP content.
However that is not the same as pay to WIN.

Um it kinda is.

Xiled
  • Xiled

The Truth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

When they choose profits over there players, they don't get to wonder why I'm not buying rdr2. Will watch gameplay of it,but won't buy it there loss.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago Edited by Furry_Monkey, A week ago.

Just an FYI - developers are people who sit at computers making software to specification.  Those specifications come from project managers and business analysts, and they'll be driven by product owners.  Above them you have people that are more concerned about money than their customers' "feelings".

So, every single person that says "the devs are greedy", is making themselves look like a f*cking moron.  It's like getting a parking fine in the post and blaming the typist.

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted A week ago

Is there a point where if you die you have to start all over with a new character?

There is no win!
There is no lose!

Yes, you can lose in GTA Online. If you're doing a CEO mission and your cargo gets blown up by someone who can afford a ton of orbital cannon shots, you've just lost hundreds of thousands in dollars in potential income, as well as a good chunk of time grinding to get that cargo. For a hard-working grinder, that can be quite a blow to business.

I'd like to reiterate this again. It's not the glitchers who are causing the increase in prices. I guarantee that if everyone was an angel and never once glitched, prices would still be where they are right now. It's Rockstar's greed and desire to milk every last drop out of us that's driving the prices up.

This sort of microtransaction bullsh*t simply has no place in a $60 game. $60 is already a hefty amount for some of us. This model is understandable in free-to-play browser and mobile games, but even then, there are ways to make your money without gouging your playerbase.

There is no win or lose.

Losing time is still losing something.

So your product gets blown up by a troll. Now you have to spend some extra time trying to grind back what you lost.

• Arrows to Athens and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Le biatch
  • Le biatch

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

There is no win!
There is no lose!

There is no win or lose.

So your product gets blown up by a troll. Now you have to spend some extra time trying to grind back what you lost.
Hmmm...thats sounds familiar too! You get exploited (kinda like when we hacked for money) and then you have to make up for it by working back for lost product. Kinda sounds like karma to me..

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted A week ago

It is like when your favorite musician sells out and starts just releasing albums to make money, you still like their music but it will never be the same again.

Le biatch
  • Le biatch

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

It is like when your favorite musician sells out and starts just releasing albums to make money, you still like their music but it will never be the same again.

Or you can..I don't know, maybe make your own music that sounds like your favorite musician and be a star yourself? (Kinda like online)

HamwithCheese
  • HamwithCheese

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Hmmm...thats sounds familiar too! You get exploited (kinda like when we hacked for money) and then you have to make up for it by working back for lost product. Kinda sounds like karma to me..

I cant believe people still use this excuse. And I still can't believe people defend huge corporate entities rather than actual people.
  • D9fred95, Arrows to Athens, KWF1981 and 1 other like this

Le biatch
  • Le biatch

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I cant believe people still use this excuse. And I still can't believe people defend huge corporate entities rather than actual people.
Do unto others...You get what you give...there's alot of ways I can go about it but I'm sure you get the idea.

Smokewood
  • Smokewood

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

There is no win!
There is no lose!

There is no win or lose.

Yes, while playing a game.... It's not work and if you see it that way you are setting yourself up to be pissed off at nothing.

BTW - why is that player a troll for playing the game the way it was designed?

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago Edited by Arrows to Athens, A week ago.

There is no win!
There is no lose!

There is no win or lose.

Yes, while playing a game.... It's not work and if you see it that way you are setting yourself up to be pissed off at nothing.

For the same reason Rockstar gives players BS points for playing the game the way it was designed.

HamwithCheese
  • HamwithCheese

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Do unto others...You get what you give...there's alot of ways I can go about it but I'm sure you get the idea.

Ahh yes. R* is totally punishing all their loyal customers because some people cheated. And those people cheated because r* places absurd prices, tedious gameplay, and poor management of game bugs. They took advantage of r*. Shouldn't people take advantage of people at any chance they get? I mean you did say that.
  • D9fred95, Arrows to Athens and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Smokewood
  • Smokewood

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

There is no win!
There is no lose!

There is no win or lose.

For the same reason Rockstar gives players BS points for playing the game the way it was designed.

In other words, because they think differently than you... I get it.

Le biatch
  • Le biatch

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Ahh yes. R* is totally punishing all their loyal customers because some people cheated. And those people cheated because r* places absurd prices, tedious gameplay, and poor management of game bugs. They took advantage of r*. Shouldn't people take advantage of people at any chance they get? I mean you did say that.
Who said they are punishing? Just giving back what we gave to them. You can't bite the hand that feeds and expect them to be ok with it. You dont like what they are doing? Then pick one of the many options to stick it to the man and start exploiting my friend. I cant tell you how many times I've replayed the pac standard to make my money. And dupe, destroyed other peoples cargo for money,..etc. Trust me, its the same satisfaction they get from shark cards or when we got billions off of the bawsaq.

HamwithCheese
  • HamwithCheese

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Who said they are punishing? Just giving back what we gave to them. You can't bite the hand that feeds and expect them to be ok with it. You dont like what they are doing? Then pick one of the many options to stick it to the man and start exploiting my friend. I cant tell you how many times I've replayed the pac standard to make my money. And dupe, destroyed other peoples cargo for money,..etc. Trust me, its the same satisfaction they get from shark cards or when we got billions off of the bawsaq.

You are unbelievable.
  • KWF1981 likes this

Le biatch
  • Le biatch

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Le biatch, A week ago.

@Hamwithcheese
No what is unbelievable is how some don't get that life isn't fair. And its somehow ok to screw a company and expect them to be ok with it.
Again there are ways around the money fiasco because honestly, thats what seems to be the problem here.

HamwithCheese
  • HamwithCheese

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

@Hamwithcheese
No what is unbelievable is how some don't get that life isn't fair. And its somehow ok to screw a company and expect them to be ok with it.
Again there are ways around the money fiasco because honestly, thats what seems to be the problem here.

I didn't know life wasnt fair. I also didnt know that games started to imitate that just to line the pocket of a guy that couldn't care less. See, I thought games were a way of getting away from life, and that they're supposed to be good as possible.

Gee thanks for this wonderful discovery. I hope all games treat me like sh*t from now on.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 1 anonymous users