537 replies to this topic
Nomis24
  • Nomis24

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:34 PM

Because Sharkcards

Grrrr. Something that is totally optional and provides nothing more than a bit of financial support for the game just pisses me off to no end! Stop forcing a completely optional product on me. DAMN YOU R*! Greedy focks releasing free additional content on a fairly regular basis, and damn them if they get an extra penny over the games 2.5 years of existence. Aaaaarrrggghhhhh!

Now doesn't that just sound stupid as chit? Well, it should.

Financial support for the game? Rockstar are some greedy f*cks. They use cheap P2P servers just to save money, even though they used it in IV, and it worked fine. The game still runs on sh*t servers, but shouldn't Rockstar be using their money to invest in better servers?

Oh, and then they use false advertising as a way to elevate shark card sales. Your pathological thinking is astounding.

I'm not an expert on that matter, but maybe someone who have deep knowledge about it here can explain it to me.

Once a huge game like this is up and running for more then 2 years is it even possible to change the servers thing or it would require like 1 month of GTA online down for maintenance and testing? Is there any big game that had done the switch in the past? Is there a obvious better option that somehow Rockstar would have completely put a side when designing GTA Online? 

I'm not being a troll here and its not sarcasm. I see a lot of people whining about the server but I don't know much about it and if its justified whining or its just people like me that doesnt know sh*t and its easy to say that.

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

I'm lost at sea, don't bother me.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:36 PM

I don't have any hate towards them outside of the GTAV's story tbh, anything that isn't pertaining to that or the characters is --at the very least-- decent.

Schumy7
  • Schumy7

Social Club number 1 World Rankings.

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:39 PM

Because their long loading times.
The game is great but way to slow in many things.

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Not The Nicest Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:43 PM

Why is there so much hate for Rockstar and GTA V? I know there are plenty of things that could be improved but I love this game, probably more than ANY other game, but thats my personal opinion. Why do some of you guys have so much hate for R*? I mean, you guys are on the GTa Forums for christ sake. Yes, they do some "wrong" things imo that could be fixed, but they are still the creators of my favorite game.

In no general order...

- Shark Cards. Instead of getting that Alien Overrun DLC we ALL expected, Take 2 Interactive rightfully figured out that they could make piles of cash by simply releasing NEW CARS and NEW WEAPONS and A YACHT. Basically nothing thematically new just more objects and much of this is based on the Shark Card economy. I heard somewhere they make over 10 million a MONTH on these? That was from the comments section on Kotaku.

- Connection Issues. Known issues since day 1 but ask R* support and you get the stock "delete files/check connection" nonsense which is beyond frustrating when both WE and THEY know the issue is and has always been THEIR servers. This goes back to GTA IV, Red Dead, Max Payne. I've never played any other game that disconnects me, freezes my console, etc as much as GTA has and people get pissed when the only answer they receive is utter BS.

- Haphazard Changes. Buffs and Nerfs, cool things taken away, lame things put in, no explanation for any of it. Yeah maybe the tanks were a bit OP to start but if you're going to make me spend that kind of money BEFORE Heists made it easier to accrue $$ then why turn it into a useless pile of crap? Just one example but point is they've made changes in the name of FUN that are the opposite of FUN.

- Customer Support. Always been pretty bad. Can't say I've ever had a really positive experience, stopped bothering with them.

Mind you, I don't hate R* games. I think they did the best they could, made a totally amusing and slightly flawed game that I've enjoyed for 2 years. I think many of the issues are Take Two Interactive's fault, the corporate overlords. The whole Shark Card thing is totally Take 2. No dev is crafting an amazing game thinking "wow, now we can sucker people into buying Shark Cards because Free to Play!!!!". 

Really, the Free to Play model....  fanboys bit hard on this one.

"BUT ONLINE IS FREE DON'T COMPLAIN!" they've said for years.

No, I spent my money on a game that marketed as having an Online feature which they have then used to sell Shark Cards which is the EXACT same business model Free to Play games use.

• Arrows to Athens and Synthol like this

ConGamePro
  • ConGamePro

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:48 PM

Because their long loading times.
The game is great but way to slow in many things.

Good thing you weren't gaming before the current-gen consoles. lol. .

I remember being on the PS2 and actually getting to eat my dinner while the games like FF7 loaded. 

• Marcinguy and shadowoperative like this

markyhitch
  • markyhitch

Trick

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:48 PM

I spent my teens playing on a ZX Spectrum 48k.

Go try one kiddies then come back and criticise what we have nowadays.

• Lc gta, EvilDog77 and Estraikerful like this

budcat
  • budcat

Clam Digger

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:51 PM

I remember thinking Commander Keen was impressively colorful.

• ~TKP~ likes this

Hunter
  • Hunter

Hunter civil rights activist

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:10 PM

Irrelevant. By that logic, we should be impressed if a modern movie manages to have better special effects than a movie from the 1920s. It doesn't make sense at all.

Games used to be better on the whole anyway. Most of my favourites are on the PS1, with a few on the PS2 as well. These games are technically worse than what we have now, sure. They were more creative though, had more original sounds and music, and best of all, you'd get a full game if you bought a game. Now you get a game with bits cut out and resold down the line as dlc.

Anyway, they need to buff this guy:

Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr

And bring back this guy:

cOrZYrA.jpg

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:15 PM

Because Sharkcards

Grrrr. Something that is totally optional and provides nothing more than a bit of financial support for the game just pisses me off to no end! Stop forcing a completely optional product on me. DAMN YOU R*! Greedy focks releasing free additional content on a fairly regular basis, and damn them if they get an extra penny over the games 2.5 years of existence. Aaaaarrrggghhhhh!

Now doesn't that just sound stupid as chit? Well, it should.

Financial support for the game? Rockstar are some greedy f*cks. They use cheap P2P servers just to save money, even though they used it in IV, and it worked fine. The game still runs on sh*t servers, but shouldn't Rockstar be using their money to invest in better servers?

Oh, and then they use false advertising as a way to elevate shark card sales. Your pathological thinking is astounding.

I'm not an expert on that matter, but maybe someone who have deep knowledge about it here can explain it to me.

Once a huge game like this is up and running for more then 2 years is it even possible to change the servers thing or it would require like 1 month of GTA online down for maintenance and testing? Is there any big game that had done the switch in the past? Is there a obvious better option that somehow Rockstar would have completely put a side when designing GTA Online? 

I'm not being a troll here and its not sarcasm. I see a lot of people whining about the server but I don't know much about it and if its justified whining or its just people like me that doesnt know sh*t and its easy to say that.

If it's going to vastly improve Online, then definitely. One month of maintenance? Sure, if it's going to change the game in a better way.

Just because you think it's the best game ever doesn't mean it's flawless. There's tons of things that need improving, and not to mention Rockstar's no fun rule.

TheDeathRises
  • TheDeathRises

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:16 PM

Because I like to be wined and dined before I get f*ckED

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast and shoot at enemies in gta.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:16 PM

I remember thinking Commander Keen was impressively colorful.

it was. :)

shadowoperative
  • shadowoperative

GTAO IS GOAT

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:18 PM

The truth is that most 1st world humans don't appreciate what they have.

Amen to that.

Striker258
  • Striker258

Just a man with honor

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:19 PM Edited by Striker258, 03 February 2016 - 10:24 PM.

Um because they're to lazy to fix they're game
And they make things to dam expensive I mean really
8 million for a virtual yacht or 10million for a gold foil plane
That and there are some activities that are buggy lol

Oh and npcs are a b*tch.

ThiagoBass
  • ThiagoBass

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:20 PM Edited by ThiagoBass, 03 February 2016 - 10:20 PM.

Cause you don't know what you got, until it's gone.

Hunter
  • Hunter

Hunter civil rights activist

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:24 PM

Cause you don't know what you got, until it's gone.

And then you get strange urges to go back and play old GTAs, with their superior vehicles, side missions, etc.

• Arrows to Athens likes this

VampirA
  • VampirA

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:28 PM

the good old days when games took 5 minutes to load but it didnt always load so you would have to reward to the tape(yes kids there really was games on tape)i remember the speccy but i end up with an amstrad 464.kids these days wouldnt even know how difficult it was to be a gamer. good times indeed

shadowoperative
  • shadowoperative

GTAO IS GOAT

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:23 AM

All boils to a spoiled, entitled mindset.

Member's Only
  • Member's Only

• BUSTED!
  • Mars
  • Achievement unlocked: used the porkcharsui cheat

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:27 AM Edited by GradeA-Hole, 04 February 2016 - 12:37 AM.

Its hard to HATE R*

R* is not a person.

Some of the game devs are at R* should be praised.  They do amazing work..   I could give a billion examples.

Then their amazing work is ruined by other idiots that work there... I could also give a billion examples..

And that is why... things are the way they are.

Hit the needle on the head there.

M*A*R*I*N*A
  • M*A*R*I*N*A

Darling Sweetheart

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:36 AM

I don't hate Rockstar nor the game, I think they're doing an exquisite job! :)
  • shadowoperative likes this

ce102088
  • ce102088

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:07 AM

Here's a list of "problems" with gta and and an answer to them

"shark cars should be removed since R* is greedy" - R* is a business a business needs money to pay employees and release updates, and because someone always says "they earned billions in the first year, they have enough money" - The game took 6 years to produce give or take, they had 6 years of employees working 8 hours a day 5-6 days a week and programmers make decent money that first year payout was definitely enough to pay off workers but not enough for multiple updates.

"shark cards are overpriced" - although that is an opinion and we are all free to think separate a shark card for $20 would shorten a bit less than a weeks worth of "grinding"

"money is hard to earn to push us to buy shark cards" - I have 2 responses to that firstly no sh!t they run on money again they are a business, secondly the game is men't to be played long term not for 2 months and forget about it like most games as I said before it takes 5-6 years to make each game.

"new stuff is way too expensive" - yes exactly the game has been out a long time if your a rich day one player you should be the only one to get the "good stuff" as well there are dozens of older cars that are cheaper and still good.

"the game runs slow or glitches, lags etc yadda yadda yadda... and its all R* fault" - That's your wi-fi and it's not R*s fault it sucks, of my friends they either have good wi-fi or bad the ones with good wi-fi never have problems the others however who are "poor" have laggy issues and complain a lot.

Overall people focus on the bad when a game runs smooth people are happy and content and there is very little praise or it is short lived, but when a game lags, glitches, swindles, breaks or any other problem the forums get filled with tons of hate. The 95% of the time the game works fine no one complains but when that 5% of failure whether it be from a "greedy" business or an overpowered weapon shows up everyone complains.

• Marcinguy and Semaj 2JZ♢ like this

DominusTaranis
  • DominusTaranis

Frog

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:24 AM

The only thing I hate about "Rockstar", or any dev, really, is when they have a game, and they make a sequel, and instead of reusing a lot of stuff that people like from the last one, they completely ignore it.

That, and trying to overhype dissappointing game additions.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:37 AM

I think it's like this:

If a guy says, "Olivia Wilde's super hot." And his friend replies, "Yeah, shame her boobs are small." The subtext of the reply is, "If her boobs were bigger she'd be some near-ideal sex goddess." and not "because her boobs are too small, she's fugly."

People bitch about GTAV/O with the subtext being, "The game is near perfect, there's just such and such flaw." and not, "This game sucks."

Olivia Wilde's super hot.

Probably the best analogy read, especially since many of this forum's virgins can relate with.
  • saintsrow and budcat like this

jpalp1223
  • jpalp1223

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:46 AM

My problem with gta5 is that for the most part they haven't added any dlc of real substance. Largely cosmetic updates like cars, apartments, clothes, etc. No additional interiors, no neo map expansions, no new in game content other than for online which basically boil down to adversary mode and heists. Basically they made tons of money and haven't made good on their promises of an ever expanding environment. It's all just a mad cash grab.

Pressure Drop
  • Pressure Drop

Rocksteady

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:57 AM

Problem with Rockstar is they have no dialogue with any of the community. There is no one to speak to about suggestions and hear responses back from them. The only option is to send an email to them with suggestions, but how do you know it will even be acknowledged.

They should have someone who we can send questions / suggestions to, and they will go to the developers and bigger people and get answers back from them. Instead they are just super secretive all the time and it feels like banging your head against a brick wall trying to get some of the bigger problems sorted out

• saintsrow and DominusTaranis like this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Walking In The Dark Path AGAIN!

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 04 February 2016 - 05:14 AM

i dont think people hate R* the fanbase tent to criticize them a lot because sometimes they do lazy stuff, when we all know they could be doing a better job.

i have been sponsoring this company since they DMA Design, i have bought almost every game on their catalog, ill continue doing so as long as they keep making games i like.

TexasRocks
  • TexasRocks

GFY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2016 - 05:28 AM

Did somebody say hate? Crap, sorry i missed your call. How can I help you?

evd
  • evd

acid

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2016 - 06:13 AM

so many complains about R*..

and no about Take Two?

let me get this clear:

the publisher dictates many feature. Since they gave them 250.000.000 $ to make V, they demand a profit. Such profit that in future can pay R* employees that will bring GTA VI. Its a closed circle, apparently making AAA title in 4k is you, kinda expensive. 

The cash from shark cards is splited, and i guarantee You, that Rockstar is not getting more than 60%. And how do You want pay those thousand employees? in air?

hah, "f*ck shark cards" said noone adultly thinking person.

becouse You always want the fastest car (bitching about Banshee not being faster than a veyrone, who would expect that?) for amount money equel to 3 hours of playing. 

No. Expensive stuff is for those who dont complain and play the game on daily basis, not becouse they want things. they have fun, so do they get bonuses, such as cool cars.

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

Drunk as f*ck headed to the pump !!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • GoSquared
  • Best Crew 2017 [Spanish Kings]
    Best Writing 2017 [Red Triangle]
    Crew Poster Winner 2017
    Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 04 February 2016 - 06:55 AM

If there's one thing this fanbase likes more than anything: it's bitching.
  • EvilDog77 and Payne Killer like this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Work Writer's Discussion 2016 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]
    Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 04 February 2016 - 06:56 AM Edited by saintsrow, 04 February 2016 - 07:03 AM.

I have been a rabid GTA fan since GTA III.  Love the open world, the freedom to accomplish things in various ways, the exploration.  GTAV is a masterpiece of virtual world design.  

But what turned me off, and what makes me hate Rockstar now, are:  

(1) The miserable excuse for a GTAV marketing campaign that made us suffer for two miserable years, with months and months of information drought and damn near outright trolling by Rockstar marketing.  They didn't deserve, and didn't properly spend, one tenth of the $150M they blew on "marketing."  

(2) The emphasis has moved to GTA Online, which has so many problems, including compromised performance and total pandering to the twitch shooter asshole community.  

• Synthol likes this

NBK 33
  • NBK 33

Passive Mode

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 February 2016 - 07:13 AM

People will always complain about everything. You could give somebody a million dollars and they'd bitch because it wasn't a million and a half..

• shadowoperative likes this

5 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 2 guests, 1 anonymous users