537 replies to this topic
B7R
  • B7R

Custom

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

@Hamwithcheese
Ok so let me get this straight..you want to play but dont want to deal with competition, you want to make money but don't want to spend money to buy a business to make more money, and you don't want to cheat because it forsakes your values?

I never said any of that. God am I arguing with a brick wall or something?
I understand the appeal for SP but the point of a game is to compete to win and I see how gta online is painfully hard by pitting yourself with REAL competition. What bothers me is the hate for shark cards because its no different from a cheat code, and a LEGAL cheat code at that to gain the upper hand.
Its almost as if they are BEGGING us to cheat so we can understand the difference between walking the path and knowing the path. It is frustrating to try to explain this but in a game where we are meant to rob, cheat and steal, one would think to keep that same mentality to try to get whatever you need by any means necessary.
Its just a game bro. When in Rome, do what the Romans do. We are in Los Santos, so either own or get owned. Or don't play. Very simple.
[Cut and pasted from another thread]

Shark cards get the hate they rightfully deserve. 

Yes their optional, no the game ISN'T FORCING YOU TO BUY ONE. You have the choice to say Yes or no to purchasing one and Rockstar isn't going to hunt you or anyone else down if you see no to one. It's just that unless you have a lot of time on your hands and don't mind the constant, Go to point A, pick up Goods, run back to the warehouse and start it again back to Point A and pick up another lot of goods it's really frustrating to get anything done.

Everything is so pricey and expensive these days that it isn't funny. Want to skip the long grinding? Sure you can do that if you either A: Glitch the money which defeats the purpose of the game of being a criminal or B you can buy a shark card and get the money instantly and skip the hard work in the meantime. I'm one of those that just does the grinding because I'm not going to be paying $20 or $50 or even $100 for virtual content. Paying for online membership is enough as it is. The game won't be around forever either and I'm not also going to be paying for something I can use now but may never able too in the future long after the game is shutdown. 

I see what you mean by cheat code but I sorta disagree with you there. Yes shark cards are like a cheat but no cheat should require spending real money to get money if you get what I mean. 

Online is a total mess. You need to have patience and the sanity to do work online because if you pick the wrong lobby to do work in your in for a rough ride. 

• Arrows to Athens and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Le biatch
  • Le biatch

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Le biatch, A week ago.

I want yall to take a good look at this. All these shows that are on the game are not just for laughs, they are trying to teach you something. The problem is that y'all arent paying attention to the message. When they say merch, they mean shark cards. And yes, people did pay for modded accounts, which is the SAME SH!T.
You see alot of the problem with this game is the people who got obsessed with the story and loose ends. And don't even get me started on the "mystery" that everyone thought was there. f*cking the plants? People eating the peyote. Futurist tokyo? Online mode. You might even say Franklin is being played by the princess since she has a "useless" sidekick.
EVERYTHING that is happening was premeditated and no one saw it coming unless you were paying attention.

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted A week ago

Anyone who thinks microtransactions are really optional and/or acceptable should take a good long hard read at this thread.

• Arrows to Athens, ALifeOfMisery and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

HamwithCheese
  • HamwithCheese

President of the LS Coquette Owners Club

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by HamwithCheese, A week ago.

I understand the appeal for SP but the point of a game is to compete to win and I see how gta online is painfully hard by pitting yourself with REAL competition. What bothers me is the hate for shark cards because its no different from a cheat code, and a LEGAL cheat code at that to gain the upper hand.
Its almost as if they are BEGGING us to cheat so we can understand the difference between walking the path and knowing the path. It is frustrating to try to explain this but in a game where we are meant to rob, cheat and steal, one would think to keep that same mentality to try to get whatever you need by any means necessary.
Its just a game bro. When in Rome, do what the Romans do. We are in Los Santos, so either own or get owned. Or don't play. Very simple.

I can't even begin to pick apart this. But I will anyways. I never said anything about single player, and the game was designed to be whatever you want it to be. Contact missions, team deathmatches, survival capture missions and freeroam support that. You want pve you got it. You want competition you got it. You want absolutely nothing you got it as well. But now they've decided to merge all of that into one big clusterf*ck handing out signs saying "hey I'm making money stop me please." Do you understand that? Can you comprehend that the game used to be proper with options for every play style? If the game was always about competition everything would've had a way to f*ck everyone over. It wasnt always like this. And shark cards are not like f*cking cheat codes.

There I'm f*cking done.
  • Arrows to Athens, Picklez and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Xiled
  • Xiled

The Truth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

@Hamwithcheese
Ok so let me get this straight..you want to play but dont want to deal with competition, you want to make money but don't want to spend money to buy a business to make more money, and you don't want to cheat because it forsakes your values?

Shark cards get the hate they rightfully deserve. 

Yes their optional, no the game ISN'T FORCING YOU TO BUY ONE. You have the choice to say Yes or no to purchasing one and Rockstar isn't going to hunt you or anyone else down if you see no to one. It's just that unless you have a lot of time on your hands and don't mind the constant, Go to point A, pick up Goods, run back to the warehouse and start it again back to Point A and pick up another lot of goods it's really frustrating to get anything done.

Everything is so pricey and expensive these days that it isn't funny. Want to skip the long grinding? Sure you can do that if you either A: Glitch the money which defeats the purpose of the game of being a criminal or B you can buy a shark card and get the money instantly and skip the hard work in the meantime. I'm one of those that just does the grinding because I'm not going to be paying $20 or $50 or even $100 for virtual content. Paying for online membership is enough as it is. The game won't be around forever either and I'm not also going to be paying for something I can use now but may never able too in the future long after the game is shutdown. 

I see what you mean by cheat code but I sorta disagree with you there. Yes shark cards are like a cheat but no cheat should require spending real money to get money if you get what I mean. 

Online is a total mess. You need to have patience and the sanity to do work online because if you pick the wrong lobby to do work in your in for a rough ride. 

I remember when someone made this about ceo crates. This is literally what you have to do 37 times to fill a large warehouse.

82Cbife.gif

Le biatch
  • Le biatch

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

"Hey im making money stop me please, a.k.a. the community trying to stop shark card sales from R*."
"Everything would have a way to duck over, a.k.a. call Lester and pay to bribe cops and put you in ghost org to prevent lobby from destroying your product."
"Shark cards are not like f*cking cheat codes, a.k.a. hackers selling modded accounts for real money."

Locce
  • Locce

Street Cat

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

@Hamwithcheese

It's not a brick wall but a biatch wall. You will never see that amount of straw men on a brick wall, but other than that it is pretty much the same experience.

• Arrows to Athens likes this

mmm chocolate
  • mmm chocolate

.... BLAINE COUNTY .... xbox one

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted A week ago

they totally ruined racing - catchup

adversary modes ad nauseum

(dislikes)

• Arrows to Athens and Le biatch like this

Le biatch
  • Le biatch

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Hey, its not my fault that you don't understand how the sh*t works. The only brick wall I see here is this forum. You can either get with the program or get stuck watching reruns for the rest of your life. Heres some words of wisdom courtesy of Faithless:
My story stops here, let's be clear
This scenario is happening everywhere
And you ain't going to nirvana or far-vana
You're coming right back here to live out your karma
With even more drama than previously, seriously
Just how many centuries have we been
Waiting for someone else to make us free?
And we refuse to see
That people overseas suffer just like we:
Bad leadership and ego's unfettered and free
Who feed on the people they're supposed to lead
I don't need good people to pray and wait
For the lord to make it all straight
There's only now, do it right

Scuba 21
  • Scuba 21

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Making money in SP from the stock market is literally like, 10 minutes of work over the entire campaign if you know what you're doing, then you're practically set for the rest of eternity. Not to mention that it's tied to a campaign with an actual story and structure instead of sh*tty freeroam missions fighting against instakills, flying motorcycles and fighter jets... comparing the actually quality SP with the joke of an online is silly to begin with but acting like the 'work' required in the stock exchange is anywhere near comparable to grinding out GTAO is even sillier.

Why do you need money is story-mode?
I went through it last weekend and after the last job, all 3 of my guys have 27 Million.
So I went out and bought all the weapons and customized all my cars, and I still have 27 Million on each guy.

Think you needed more than the generic final heist payout if you wanted to purchase each characters select businesses.
Golf course,movie theaters,etc.

HamwithCheese
  • HamwithCheese

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

"Hey im making money stop me please, a.k.a. the community trying to stop shark card sales from R*."
"Everything would have a way to duck over, a.k.a. call Lester and pay to bribe cops and put you in ghost org to prevent lobby from destroying your product."
"Shark cards are not like f*cking cheat codes, a.k.a. hackers selling modded accounts for real money."

And here's the point where I realized I'm being trolled and decide to not blow up the thread carry on people
  • Arrows to Athens, Le biatch and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Picklez
  • Picklez

There's always wood to chop.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Picklez, A week ago.

@Hamwithcheese

Ah yes I'll never forget the first time I pushed left, right, L1, L2, R1, R2, up, down, left, right and then sent $100 to R* to spawn in my jetpack in GTA San Andreas. Fun times those were.

Le biatch
  • Le biatch

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

@Picklez
Really? Cause the way I did it involved me going up against the worst authority known to man and I got away guns blasting. No money or cheat code. I didnt even buy the version stripped of the hot coffe mod and songs.
Oh, and I don't own the thruster online..its a flying piece of sh*t. Hydra is where its at.

Picklez
  • Picklez

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

@Picklez
Really? Cause the way I did it involved me going up against the worst authority known to man and I got away guns blasting.

Oh so you never spent real life money to get access to your cheat code? Wow really makes me think. 

Le biatch
  • Le biatch

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

@Picklez
Really? Cause the way I did it involved me going up against the worst authority known to man and I got away guns blasting.

Oh so you never spent real life money to get access to your cheat code? Wow really makes me think. 
Nope. And please tell us what your thinking.

Picklez
  • Picklez

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

@Picklez

I'm thinking your should stop posting.

Le biatch
  • Le biatch

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

@Picklez

I'm thinking your should stop posting.
Im thinking you just got btfo. Have a good night Mr. Picklez

B7R
  • B7R

Custom

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

@Picklez

Looks like we found our hypocrite Picklez

ec17cbac1e24fb77d47a8e41cd095933--humble

I'm pointing out the now obvious which at the moment is so damn funny. Bloody Le Trollface says a lot but does not actually say or follow what falls out of he's mouth.  Anyway I've pointed out GTAOnline's many other flaws in plenty of previous threads and in case Le Trollface wants to stop being a troll and actually read some sh*t then here's some of the top issues with GTAOnline; 

1. Everything costs millions. Besides the clubhouse, what's something non vehicle or weapon related that has been added to the game that doesn't go above $1M?

2. Want the new tank or vehicle? Well unless you have millions stashed away you can either spend your hard earned real cash for virtual currency and buy the vehicle or you can spend 5+ hours a day (or more) grinding your sweet ass off for maybe $50k tops depending if you want to put effort in or not. I'm not saying it has to be easy to earn money but the game needs to have it's job system balanced so it isn't taking an hour to get to 100K. (That's even if you aren't playing the Double RP/Cash jobs in the first place) 

3. Businesses need to be ran in public sessions, The same public session that may have a few greifers in your lobby flying around in an Deluxo or riding the streets in another weaponized vehicle of some sort. If you forget or forgo Ghost org you can bet your sweet ass Joe in he's flying Deluxo is going to want to take a bite out of you. This may not always be the case but by running your business that you spent hours grinding for in a public lobby full of people you are putting a big target on yourself, your cargo and your workers. 

4. How is it Joe can blow my APC up or any of my other vehicles without paying insurance but yet I go and blow up he's Deluxo or oppressor and I'm charged insurance for it?  Either the insurance system is borked or unbalanced or this is deliberate to make you lose your sh*t and blow up the opposing players vehicle which depending on your finical situation may or may not be a blow your virtual wallet. Also why is there bad sport for blowing up ones vehicle PERIOD! This is GTA there should be no bad sport for blowing up ones vehicle. I guess the insurance system makes sense but I don't see why one get's bad sport points for blowing up something that the game encourages you to do in the first place.  

Picklez
  • Picklez

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Picklez, A week ago.

Im thinking you just got btfo. Have a good night Mr. Picklez

I don't think you know what btfo means.

See for example what happened just yesterday when you were honking your clown nose about Broughy's ban without having all the info lol.

Le biatch
  • Le biatch

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I never once said I paid for a shark card. Let me make this clear, I will NEVER pay real money for in game currency in a video game..EVER.
Did I ever spam the pac standard heist for all its worth? You bet your sweet ass I did.
Do I care that yall are incompetent with hacking and exploiting to gain the upper hand? No.
Do I care that people suck balls and can't play the game right to make in game currency? Hell no.
Since gta online started it was one of the rules to not blow up pv. Did R* really say we could blow up peoples car without consequence? Please post where it says that from a official R* source.
Will R* ever care about all this whining that should belong in bitch and moan? Not one bit.
Do I know what btfo means? Yes to me it means blown the f*ck out.
Now my question is..how much does R* pay y'all to keep this going? Cause I'm pretty sure there are some that are still under non disclosure agreements.

Picklez
  • Picklez

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Then I have no idea why you're misusing the term lol.

Le biatch
  • Le biatch

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Then I have no idea why you're misusing the term lol.

Not misusing. It has 2 different meanings and that is what it means around my nick of the woods.

"Pay the ferryman, pay the f*cking driver
Pay the preachers and, pay the f*cking liars
Pay the bitches they're, charging with their dates stand by
I'm not gonna pay, it's already mine"
Korn-Hypocrites

Picklez
  • Picklez

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

It has 2 different meanings

It has one and you haven't quite got there with me yet. lol

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Gangsta

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 6 days ago

Anyone who thinks microtransactions are really optional and/or acceptable should take a good long hard read at this thread.

So shark cards aren't optional? I know they kind of aren't since they fund the dlcs but at the same time I have never bought a SC

Cheesy_wotsit
  • Cheesy_wotsit

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

So shark cards aren't optional? I know they kind of aren't since they fund the dlcs but at the same time I have never bought a SC

But given that the game and everything that has been added to it in the last 2 and a half years have been geared specifically to push the sales of Shark Cards, yes you may never have bought a Shark Card but they have without doubt shaped the game and I am sorry which ever way you slice it they have not shaped it for the better.

• Giantsgiants, KWF1981, Picklez and 2 others like this

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 6 days ago

Believe it or not, they aren't. As the poster above me had said, Shark Cards are shaping gameplay. The game is designed to drain your money and make tasks tedious to tempt you to just throw in the towel and give up your real money. This applies to any game that revolves around micro transactions. Everyone who plays the game is subject to the money-draining gameplay regardless of whether or not they have bought a Shark Card/microtransaction.

Le biatch
  • Le biatch

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

So lets say they abolished shark cards and lowered the prices on in game items. Would that make things better? Would yall pay real money for all the free updates that ever came out (about 10 bucks each update) and then doing the missions for the content to be unlocked?
Can you imagine every person in the lobby in a avenger or deluxo? Every person with exploding rounds? Everyone shooting orbitals? Now please, explain to me why this doesnt sound like the worst idea ever.

HamwithCheese
  • HamwithCheese

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

So lets say they abolished shark cards and lowered the prices on in game items. Would that make things better? Would yall pay real money for all the free updates that ever came out (about 10 bucks each update) and then doing the missions for the content to be unlocked?
Can you imagine every person in the lobby in a avenger or deluxo? Every person with exploding rounds? Everyone shooting orbitals? Now please, explain to me why this doesnt sound like the worst idea ever.

Without shart cards, there would be no need for forced public lobbies. No cooldowns, no paywalls, more options and varied content that doesn't revolve around "now how can we charge more?" Enemy npcs wouldn't be a hassle and everything they add would emphasize on fun, rather than shark cards.

Not hard to see that.

Le biatch
  • Le biatch

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

Without shart cards, there would be no need for forced public lobbies. No cooldowns, no paywalls, more options and varied content that doesn't revolve around "now how can we charge more?" Enemy npcs wouldn't be a hassle and everything they add would emphasize on fun, rather than shark cards.

Not hard to see that.
No i didn't say anything about all that, just the sharK cards and having to actually pay real money for each update and everything stays the same. Now keep in mind that since you would be only paying for the update, exploits and hacks would be allowed. Devs don't work for free.

KD142000
  • KD142000

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

Devs don't work for free.

Ah, yes. Seeing as how Rockstar hasn't got as high a number of devs as let's say EA or Activision, it would make sense that the company needn't pay out as much as they would if they had more devs? Surely the cash from game sales ALONE is enough for them? Why take more than you need? No reason whatsoever.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 2 guests, 1 anonymous users