Photo

Dubsta 2 (custom) spawn strategies

2,008 replies to this topic
klutch14u
  • klutch14u

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:02 AM Edited by klutch14u, 10 March 2016 - 07:12 AM.

My crew has done the homework and we've been spawning dubstas for over a year and a half since they stopped spawning up the hill. This is my video, my method and use it at your leisure. I've helped a few people in this thread but hopefully this helps you out. I've made over 30 million selling this truck. I'm open for questions. We've perfected it and it is multiplayer sufficient. For single players it works also. Just gotta user the 'top of the hill' method we speak about drunkenly in the video.

Wow, what a great video and you've clearly figured it out.  Question, when doing this solo you mention the "top of the hill" method.  Is that the 1-2-3 method you used to spawn the first one in the video?  If so, just use that method each time after the first instead moving to the other (east) side of the custom shop?

STN357
  • STN357

2ndToNone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:08 AM

My crew has done the homework and we've been spawning dubstas for over a year and a half since they stopped spawning up the hill. This is my video, my method and use it at your leisure. I've helped a few people in this thread but hopefully this helps you out. I've made over 30 million selling this truck. I'm open for questions. We've perfected it and it is multiplayer sufficient. For single players it works also. Just gotta user the 'top of the hill' method we speak about drunkenly in the video.

https://youtu.be/qfsouyhpDuk

Wow, what a great video and you've clearly figured it out.  Question, when doing this solo you mention the "top of the hill" method.  Is that the 1-2-3 method you used to spawn the first one in the video?  If so, just use that method each time after the first instead moving to the other (east) side of the custom shop?

exactly! That is the start of it all! I provide step by step instructions on the 3 car method on the top of the hill.

Saddens me that you sold your garage over here. It's the money spot.

STN357
  • STN357

2ndToNone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:15 AM

Once you go in the garage on solo, you can't use the bottom of the hill method. You'll need to go reset at the top of the hill.

Again my crew had chipped away at this for so long and we have so much time invested in dubstas it's not even funny.

I will say that we also have very comprehensive methods for the other Los Santos Customs but we haven't edited and touched them up. To be honest I don't think we are gonna put them out because it's a crew thing.

klutch14u
  • klutch14u

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:19 AM Edited by klutch14u, 10 March 2016 - 07:21 AM.

Ah ok, I'd love to know how to work this in mid-town. We've been working tirelessly on trying to figure out the timing but haven't gotten there yet.  Question, is the mission "time to get away" as reliable or DOS only?

STN357
  • STN357

2ndToNone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:46 AM

Ah ok, I'd love to know how to work this in mid-town. We've been working tirelessly on trying to figure out the timing but haven't gotten there yet.  Question, is the mission "time to get away" as reliable or DOS only?

I use DOS because the traffic patterns are different in each lvl. You'll notice the difference if you run the other missions that are stopped at noon. DOS is perfect for this type of spawning

size_m
  • size_m

no, it's not a hot dog!

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:55 AM

so there seems not to be a 100% secure way to keep them from disappearing after they have spawned.

but except of this one incident none of the spawned cars disappeared.

If you have good aim and big balls you can throw a sticky on it, that prevents despawning.

that was a good idea but unfortunately the spawned cars are too far away from the bridge to hit them with a sticky.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2016 - 01:39 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 10 March 2016 - 02:06 PM.

If anyone ever found the "trigger" point--doing it solo--for the downtown LSC, that would be great; but I seriously doubt one exists. IMO there are too many potential variables all competing with each other:

* Invite-Only session vs. Public session
* Time-locked mission within an Invite-Only session vs. using normal session time
* Minimum distance away from spawn point before another spawns
* Speed of your spawn vehicle as you loop around
* Type of your spawn vehicle (Dubsta 2 requires Dubsta 2, but differs for other NPC-modded vehicles)
* "Park and bait" method or just driving spawn vehicle itself around
* One or two people in the spawn vehicle driving around
* Using a second NPC-modded vehicle in addition to the "park and bait" vehicle
* Traffic spawn patterns (i.e. do you see Dominators and Dubstas driving around? Usually a good sign, but not a guarantee.)
* Two people simultaneously driving large loops with enough time between to allow one to spawn (just tried that technique recently--worked fairly well)

* Spawn location itself; easy or hard

Plus I tend to think that R* has a maximum spawn cap at least for some locations; can't prove it, but it sure seems that way from my attempts. That, or the spawns are purely random.

• STN357 likes this

STN357
  • STN357

2ndToNone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:16 PM

If anyone ever found the "trigger" point--doing it solo--for the downtown LSC, that would be great; but I seriously doubt one exists. IMO there are too many potential variables all competing with each other:

* Invite-Only session vs. Public session
* Time-locked mission within an Invite-Only session vs. using normal session time
* Minimum distance away from spawn point before another spawns
* Speed of your spawn vehicle as you loop around
* Type of your spawn vehicle (Dubsta 2 requires Dubsta 2, but differs for other NPC-modded vehicles)
* "Park and bait" method or just driving spawn vehicle itself around
* One or two people in the spawn vehicle driving around
* Using a second NPC-modded vehicle in addition to the "park and bait" vehicle
* Traffic spawn patterns (i.e. do you see Dominators and Dubstas driving around? Usually a good sign, but not a guarantee.)
* Two people simultaneously driving large loops with enough time between to allow one to spawn (just tried that technique recently--worked fairly well)
* Spawn location itself; easy or hard

Plus I tend to think that R* has a maximum spawn cap at least for some locations; can't prove it, but it sure seems that way from my attempts. That, or the spawns are purely random.

My research and development team has taken a crack at all those variables and a few others. The triggers for downtown LS are similar to that of any other LSC. Every single one is simply the traffic patterns making very distinct unnatural movements that are done from a distance.

I wish I had my PS4 with me but I'm o.k. vacation right now to show you all why I'm talking about. The traffic patterns are different from freemode vs DOS where we do the most research. The other missions that are locked at 12 have a traffic pattern that doubles the amount of traffic rendering my method useless. That is why DOS is the preferred method because of the timing of respawn of the traffic and the singularity of it.

I'll go ii better when I can get visual aides to assist.

klutch14u
  • klutch14u

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:42 PM

My research and development team has taken a crack at all those variables and a few others. The triggers for downtown LS are similar to that of any other LSC. Every single one is simply the traffic patterns making very distinct unnatural movements that are done from a distance.

I wish I had my PS4 with me but I'm o.k. vacation right now to show you all why I'm talking about. The traffic patterns are different from freemode vs DOS where we do the most research. The other missions that are locked at 12 have a traffic pattern that doubles the amount of traffic rendering my method useless. That is why DOS is the preferred method because of the timing of respawn of the traffic and the singularity of it.

Well hey man, if you decide to divulge the magic to the mid-town LSC spawning I'm all ears.  I'd much rather not have to sell my garages/apartments if it's not necessary.

STN357
  • STN357

2ndToNone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:33 PM

Well hey man, if you decide to divulge the magic to the mid-town LSC spawning I'm all ears.  I'd much rather not have to sell my garages/apartments if it's not necessary.

Once I get back from Hawai'i I will. The best thing to do in my humble opinion would be to have a garage/house by each LSC to have easy continuity between each spot. If that's not feasible and you are playing solo only I'd have a garage by the lsc by the airport.

Details for Burton and La Mesa will follow post my trip. I'll even stream plenty to help people out. Then we can compare notes and go from there.

klutch14u
  • klutch14u

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:36 PM Edited by klutch14u, 10 March 2016 - 04:37 PM.

Once I get back from Hawai'i I will. The best thing to do in my humble opinion would be to have a garage/house by each LSC to have easy continuity between each spot. If that's not feasible and you are playing solo only I'd have a garage by the lsc by the airport.

Details for Burton and La Mesa will follow post my trip. I'll even stream plenty to help people out. Then we can compare notes and go from there.

Cool man, enjoy Hawaii!  Last question, the video you posted of the airport LSC and DOS mission, have you confirmed identical results on the XB1?  Sorry, I saw this around 1am last night and haven't yet had a chance to test it out so I'm anxious as I've spent a LOT of time on these dang Dubsta's....

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:57 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 10 March 2016 - 05:00 PM.

I think one of the best ways to make money (if that's your primary goal in spawning Dubsta 2s) is to not try too hard if/when they don't spawn easily.

Time is money in GTAO; I've found that by switching things up between various money-making ventures (VIP Sightseer--which is a guaranteed $22k at least, spawning Sentinel XSs, etc.) you stand to make a whole lot more than trying to make money solely from Dubsta 2 spawns. I say that, because it's very easy to waste a lot of time trying to "force" a Dubsta 2 spawn that you can spend in other ways with a virtually guaranteed result.

I've even found a way to make some (small, but very easy) money in-game that I think R* kind of overlooked. Not going to say what it is, but it works well. :)

klutch14u
  • klutch14u

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:05 PM

I think one of the best ways to make money (if that's your primary goal in spawning Dubsta 2s) is to not try too hard if/when they don't spawn easily.

Time is money in GTAO; I've found that by switching things up between various money-making ventures (VIP Sightseer--which is a guaranteed $22k at least, spawning Sentinel XSs, etc.) you stand to make a whole lot more than trying to make money solely from Dubsta 2 spawns. I say that, because it's very easy to waste a lot of time trying to "force" a Dubsta 2 spawn that you can spend in other ways with a virtually guaranteed result.

I've even found a way to make some (small, but very easy) money in-game that I think R* kind of overlooked. Not going to say what it is, but it works well. :)

Yep.  I agree wholeheartedly which is why I started this thread to try and hammer out a surefire method of spawn so time isn't wasted doing so.  I definitely don't use this as my only source of income but anyone that doesn't sell the most expensive valuable vehicle they can every 48 minutes is doing nothing but leaving money on the table.  It takes seconds to pull one out of your garage and into the custom shop.

• DentureDynamite likes this

STN357
  • STN357

2ndToNone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:27 PM

Yep.  I agree wholeheartedly which is why I started this thread to try and hammer out a surefire method of spawn so time isn't wasted doing so.  I definitely don't use this as my only source of income but anyone that doesn't sell the most expensive valuable vehicle they can every 48 minutes is doing nothing but leaving money on the table.  It takes seconds to pull one out of your garage and into the custom shop.

Yup. Though it's not anyone's main source of income, it accounts for almost 15% of all money I've made in GTAV.

What platform are you on again? If you are inn psn, send me a message STN357 and when I get online we can share notes.

If you aren't on psn, when I'm on twitch I can stream we chit chat and compare notes that way.

https://www.twitch.t...none357/profile

It's not many people that want to find out the why. Plenty of people that just want the car, a way that works. Rather not do the homework and find ways to make it better. We specialize with this in my crew.

klutch14u
  • klutch14u

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2016 - 03:04 PM

Finally got a chance to test STN357's method.  Worked awesome, once I FINALLY got a Dubsta to spawn.  Trying it solo seems like a waste of time.  As much trouble as I had just getting the first one to spawn, having to redo that each time just didn't seem logical.  Worked great with 2 of us though.  Tried the bridge method too and had some great luck there and started playing around with a method that worked extremely well.  Not ready to call it surefire yet at all but looks very promising.  I'll post more if/when it consistently works as it did.  It was still a 2 man method as well

Thanks for posting that STN357, that is the first post I've ever seen (since they no longer spawn in "the hills") that is more than just speculation and generally guessing at what someone thinks works.  Once you get that first one it's one after another.  I'd still be super interested in the mid-town LSC.  I know you're reluctant to talk about it much but a hint would really help.  It has so many directions you can approach it from just that piece would help a LOT!

• DentureDynamite likes this

Faceplant8
  • Faceplant8

Nforcer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:52 PM

Finally got a chance to test STN357's method.  Worked awesome, once I FINALLY got a Dubsta to spawn.  Trying it solo seems like a waste of time.  As much trouble as I had just getting the first one to spawn, having to redo that each time just didn't seem logical.  Worked great with 2 of us though.  Tried the bridge method too and had some great luck there and started playing around with a method that worked extremely well.  Not ready to call it surefire yet at all but looks very promising.  I'll post more if/when it consistently works as it did.  It was still a 2 man method as well

Thanks for posting that STN357, that is the first post I've ever seen (since they no longer spawn in "the hills") that is more than just speculation and generally guessing at what someone thinks works.  Once you get that first one it's one after another.  I'd still be super interested in the mid-town LSC.  I know you're reluctant to talk about it much but a hint would really help.  It has so many directions you can approach it from just that piece would help a LOT!

I tried this method a couple of time solo and was never able to spawn a Dubsta.  I did get a ruiner and dominator pretty easily, though.

With the 2 player method is still hit-and-miss getting the first one, and then it is 100% (or close to) using the "bottom of the hill" method?

klutch14u
  • klutch14u

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:07 PM

I tried this method a couple of time solo and was never able to spawn a Dubsta.  I did get a ruiner and dominator pretty easily, though.

With the 2 player method is still hit-and-miss getting the first one, and then it is 100% (or close to) using the "bottom of the hill" method?

I'm still trying to perfect my technique on it but once I've gotten the first Dubsta It's been game over, one after the other after that from the bottom of the hill.  I even keep an extra when the mission ends (your personal vehicle MUST be put away and do not get out of the vehicle to end it)

In 2 player I've been leaving a custom Dubsta as a bait vehicle trying to convince it to give me that first one.  Seems to help but who know.

The bad thing is the HOST can't participate, he's the one getting the others Dubsta's so someone has to reciprocate by hosting and running the mission.  Hopefully if there is a way that the host can participate STN357 will chime in.  I've tried a couple of combinations and they don't spawn at the bottom of the hill.  I really thought having someone else to drive and spawn the first one and subsequent ones would work but nope.

• unc13bud likes this

Faceplant8
  • Faceplant8

Nforcer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:15 PM

I'm still trying to perfect my technique on it but once I've gotten the first Dubsta It's been game over, one after the other after that from the bottom of the hill.  I even keep an extra when the mission ends (your personal vehicle MUST be put away and do not get out of the vehicle to end it)

In 2 player I've been leaving a custom Dubsta as a bait vehicle trying to convince it to give me that first one.  Seems to help but who know.

The bad thing is the HOST can't participate, he's the one getting the others Dubsta's so someone has to reciprocate by hosting and running the mission.  Hopefully if there is a way that the host can participate STN357 will chime in.  I've tried a couple of combinations and they don't spawn at the bottom of the hill.  I really thought having someone else to drive and spawn the first one and subsequent ones would work but nope.

So, now we need a "Dubsta Buddy" in addition to our Thunder Buddy:lol:

Have you tried resetting by switching drivers and doing the "top of the hill" version again?

• unc13bud likes this

Cobra2k4
  • Cobra2k4

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:51 PM

I'm interested in this topic.... I had a specific way that was working quite well around Burton. Just within the last week tho my method had all but dry up....
  • unc13bud likes this

klutch14u
  • klutch14u

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2016 - 11:01 PM

So, now we need a "Dubsta Buddy" in addition to our Thunder Buddy:lol:

Have you tried resetting by switching drivers and doing the "top of the hill" version again?

I have tried resetting drivers, that precisely what I did a horrible job of saying.  We even retried resetting drivers at the top of the hill a few times in case we'd done something wrong.  No matter what we did it wouldn't work.

If anyone is interested in working on this on XB1 I'm happy to help or work on it if I'm around, just hit me up.  Username is my gamertag.  All I ask is that you have the airport garages.  I'm also working on the east side LSC with the bridge method.  I think I can fill a garage in quick order but you'd need one or both of the Popular Street garages.

tinterjj
  • tinterjj

Snitch

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 March 2016 - 12:59 AM

So much harder to spawn dub2's in the last few weeks since the last time I tried it has become a real pain to get even one in any mission DOS, TTGA etc. I have had some success with STN357's circular multiplayer DOS method in the past but it just seems like it's been nerfed in some way?

klutch14u
  • klutch14u

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2016 - 01:52 AM Edited by klutch14u, 13 March 2016 - 01:53 AM.

So much harder to spawn dub2's in the last few weeks since the last time I tried it has become a real pain to get even one in any mission DOS, TTGA etc. I have had some success with STN357's circular multiplayer DOS method in the past but it just seems like it's been nerfed in some way?

STN's video shows him immediately getting the Dubsta. Other than the initial one it's just as he says, so he only real work I've had to put in is getting that first one.  I "think" putting a bait Dubsta there might help, helps me mentally anyway but once that first one spawns I have zero trouble filling other's garages.  Hit me up on XB1 if that's what you've got.  I love figuring this stuff out.  I also really like that bridge method at the east side LSC, if you have 2 people it's a snap

18matthew18
  • 18matthew18

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2016 - 02:00 AM

I'm not sure I understand this bridge method. If someone would post a quick video showing it or even explain it in detail that would be awesome. Thanks!

klutch14u
  • klutch14u

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2016 - 02:07 AM

I'm not sure I understand this bridge method. If someone would post a quick video showing it or even explain it in detail that would be awesome. Thanks!

I have never created a video like that but it's pretty straight forward.  He shows the checkpoints that there is a change in "The Matrix".  Cross that line, super slowly, and watch the area which Dubsta's spawn down below.  You'll see one or you won't.  If not, back up and cross the line again.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

I stay mad @ Rockstar

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 March 2016 - 02:46 AM Edited by unc13bud, 13 March 2016 - 03:04 AM.

All of the methods except East Vinewood work for me. I think its like a Walmart clearance now. Each Walmart has different clearance prices, and some Walmarts really suck (selling 100mb ZIP drives for $232). So what I do is concentrate on Walmarts that have good clearance prices and just shop there.

Do the pause/stop when driving to the spawn spot shown in the Youtube videos

32" TV for $80 aint wrong, feel me

darkgreenmeme
  • darkgreenmeme

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:12 PM

So I have working on trying to spawn D2, using MajorVienna's method on the Olympic Freeway for the eastside LSC, and my own on Greenwich Parkway to the NE of the LSIA LSC, and I think I'm using the shortest tracks possible to cause a spawn/despawn at the modded vehicle locations.   Using the time-locked mission "Time To Get Away", it takes a little less than an hour to spawn 3 vehicles and garage them, and complete the mission quickly with an Armored Kuruma (just drive in, pick El Stupido up, and drive him to the airfield dodging Grangers along the way)  So, if I'm selling them off as fast as I can, I'm going to be spending a third of my time trying to farm them, and you might as well do missions and make money at the same rate.

Unless there is a way to make the D2's spawn more frequently, the way to make money at high dollar modded vehicles is to use either of the two Sandking spawn locations, since they spawn nearly 100%.   The most efficient method is to do it in free mode, go to the dirt road to the south of the Rt 68 LSC at the first T intersection with a Sandking XL (between 9:00-17:00) and drive slowly towards Rt 68 until you see one spawn, drive it into the LSC and pay $2G for a tracker, rinse and repeat. You can fill up your empty spaces in your garages very quickly and get a net profit of $15G-$16G each.

Faceplant8
  • Faceplant8

Nforcer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:24 PM

So I have working on trying to spawn D2, using MajorVienna's method on the Olympic Freeway for the eastside LSC, and my own on Greenwich Parkway to the NE of the LSIA LSC, and I think I'm using the shortest tracks possible to cause a spawn/despawn at the modded vehicle locations.   Using the time-locked mission "Time To Get Away", it takes a little less than an hour to spawn 3 vehicles and garage them, and complete the mission quickly with an Armored Kuruma (just drive in, pick El Stupido up, and drive him to the airfield dodging Grangers along the way)  So, if I'm selling them off as fast as I can, I'm going to be spending a third of my time trying to farm them, and you might as well do missions and make money at the same rate.

Unless there is a way to make the D2's spawn more frequently, the way to make money at high dollar modded vehicles is to use either of the two Sandking spawn locations, since they spawn nearly 100%.   The most efficient method is to do it in free mode, go to the dirt road to the south of the Rt 68 LSC at the first T intersection with a Sandking XL (between 9:00-17:00) and drive slowly towards Rt 68 until you see one spawn, drive it into the LSC and pay $2G for a tracker, rinse and repeat. You can fill up your empty spaces in your garages very quickly and get a net profit of $15G-$16G each.

No reason to drive slow.  I just drive straight up the hill from LSC at full speed, hang a left between the first and second tree north of that intersections and drive the road back down at full speed.

I'm having good luck now with the Sentinel spawn, so I've pretty much switched to that, which means I don't have to drive to/from Sandy Shores.  It doesn't pay as quite as well, but it's convenient, and I have two 10 car garages near there to store them in.  It also works with any car, so I can just do a couple of drivebys (or even flybys if I'm in a helicopter) and pick them up if I'm in the area at the right time.

I'm thinking about trying the two person method for getting the Dubstas.  If it really is near 100%, I may need to find a Dubsta buddy.

klutch14u
  • klutch14u

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:54 PM

No reason to drive slow.  I just drive straight up the hill from LSC at full speed, hang a left between the first and second tree north of that intersections and drive the road back down at full speed.

I'm having good luck now with the Sentinel spawn, so I've pretty much switched to that, which means I don't have to drive to/from Sandy Shores.  It doesn't pay as quite as well, but it's convenient, and I have two 10 car garages near there to store them in.  It also works with any car, so I can just do a couple of drivebys (or even flybys if I'm in a helicopter) and pick them up if I'm in the area at the right time.

I'm thinking about trying the two person method for getting the Dubstas.  If it really is near 100%, I may need to find a Dubsta buddy.

Hit me up on XB1 if that's what you're on.  Once you can get that first one it's easy as pie.  You just really need an airport garage to make it viable.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:57 PM

If a sixth garage is available for purchase in this next update, count me in!

Faceplant8
  • Faceplant8

Nforcer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2016 - 11:01 PM

Hit me up on XB1 if that's what you're on.  Once you can get that first one it's easy as pie.  You just really need an airport garage to make it viable.

Thanks, but I'm on PC.  I have some friends that I might be able to convince if it works as well as it sounds.  So far I haven't been able to get the first one to spawn, but I haven't tried very hard.  I have spawned just about everything else, though, including the blue dominator, which isn't too bad.

If a sixth garage is available for purchase in this next update, count me in!

A sixth garage would be nice.  I've been thinking I might need to reduce one of my collections...

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users