Dubsta 2 (custom) spawn strategies

2,104 replies to this topic
klutch14u
  • klutch14u

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2016 - 04:46 PM

Basically you're either in sentinel or sandking spawn time, except for 0500-0900 and 1700-2200. If you own 870 and a garage near the sentinel spawn you can use "spawn location" and change session to mean you're right next to a reliable spawn. If you're in one of fhe dead zones time-wise you've got no more than 10m to wait.

Yeah, I was trying to decide if I'd re-buy the 870 six car garage out in the desert or if there was a night time lock mission I might switch to the Sentinal and keep my operation in town with a 10 car.  Guess it's back to the Sandkings.  I don't want to spend all my time hustling cars.  I want it at short, sweet and simple as possible and Sandkings seem to be it.  Until they move them, again.

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Egg schmegg

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 05 February 2016 - 11:41 AM

I want it at short, sweet and simple as possible and Sandkings seem to be it.  Until they move them, again.

Just use the LSC to fit a tracker and you'll have 6-8 within 10m, at the cost of 2K per car (except the first, which you sell and the last, which you can drive home).

Best guess is the Vinewood Hills D2 spawn was removed because of the sad trombone glitch, which gave you a $46K car to sell. The Sandkings have been well-known and farmed for quite a few updates now.

Except for on YouTube apparently, where they all share SOLO CASH GLITCHES that involve spawning these down by FZ in a mission and take twice as long  :blink:

• DentureDynamite likes this

RicardoE
  • RicardoE

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:34 AM

Can I get help spawning the dubsta2 on Xbox1? I think the substance2 I'm chrome is one of the best love owing vehicles in the game and I would love to have one.

My GT: ToDeathWithLove

I would appreciate any help spawning it.

Thank yal
Ricardo

KingFlux
  • KingFlux

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2016 - 03:41 PM

Honestly I've been farming Sentinel's. If you take a modded one and drive it back and fourth from Tinsel Towers and Tequ-la-la between 22:00-04:00 they will spawn without fail every single time. What I have found that driving the blue one will spawn another blue one most of the time and driving a yellow one will spawn a yellow one most of the time so go for a blue one as those sell for the most out of the two at $17k.

If anyone would like to help me spawn a Dubsta 2 custom or needs help getting a Sentinel XS add me on social club (PC ONLY)

Social Club Username: MLGObama

darkgreenmeme
  • darkgreenmeme

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2016 - 04:37 PM

^ If any of the LSC spawns were able to be 100%, for any vehicle, I think we'd have figured it out by now so yeah take the 5K 'hit' and farm the sh*t out of those Sandkings.

Are there any night locked missions without cops or time limits for spawning the Sentinals? 

Diamonds are for Trevor at 21:00

18matthew18
  • 18matthew18

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:49 PM

Somebody on ps4 please help me and my friend spawn two gold or chrome dubstas. We are on right now. My psn is killerturtle00

tinterjj
  • tinterjj

Snitch

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:22 PM

There are several ways to spawn dubsta2's. Some of which mentioned here. I have been spawning them for a while and the general feeling amongst other players is they were way easier to spawn before the second snow at Christmas. One of the different methods I have found recently is in the denial of service mission. Destroy all the trucks except the last one when the timer stops. Park your dubsta2 at the chopper pad near to the LSC airport and fly your buzzard to and fro along the road at low altitude back and forth to the LSC. I fly parallel to the road along side it until almost there and then fly up onto the road where I fly low and slow for the last part. There are some other good methods listed in the NPC Modified and Rare vehicles (& bicycle) thread on this forum.

If anyone who doesn't have a dub2 wants one add me. Psn tinterjj. Ps4
  • Hector Tavares likes this

RicardoE
  • RicardoE

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:46 AM

So this forum is amazing! Right away I was help to get my dream vehicle. Thank you guys so much!!!

klutch14u
  • klutch14u

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2016 - 03:52 PM

I've had a incredibly difficult time getting ANY Dubsta's to spawn for me the past 2 days

18matthew18
  • 18matthew18

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:37 PM

I got 10 in a row to spawn for my friend yesterday. But then I had a difficult time getting them to spawn for me.

Rammer2k
  • Rammer2k

Big Meat!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:46 PM

The Dubsta 2's are so RNG for me.  Just when I think I've found a reliable way to spawn them, the next few times doesn't work.  Sometimes Chopper Tail gets me a bunch.  Other times it's Denial of Service, or Time to Get Away.  It seems like whatever the group of cars that are going in Free Roam plays a part.  I've had the most success when there's Dominators driving around.  Of course then I'll run the chance of getting the Blue Dominator instead of the Dubsta 2.

• DentureDynamite and tinterjj like this

SecurID
  • SecurID

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:09 PM Edited by SecurID, 09 February 2016 - 03:16 PM.

Can someone please help me spawn a Dubsta2? Been trying for months.

I can help with the hearse and cop outfit.

Xbox360
GT= SoreAnteater458

Thanks in advance. :)

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:11 PM

Xbox360
GT= SoreAnteater458

The Dubsta 2's don't spawn on 360 or PS3.

• Striker_Blitz likes this

DanielH55
  • DanielH55

Player Hater

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:04 PM

Can anyone help me get one on Xbox One ? GT: Daniel Halpin

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Egg schmegg

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 11 February 2016 - 01:29 AM

Xbox360
GT= SoreAnteater458

Umm, really?

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2016 - 02:08 AM

Xbox360
GT= SoreAnteater458

Umm, really?

You used to be able to transfer them to online from single player, but as far as I'm aware there's no currently working method to get the D2's on last gen, unless there's any working dupe methods left and you can find someone who still has one..

barceloni19
  • barceloni19

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2016 - 07:43 PM

I got a silver Dubsta 2 to spawn during "Denial of Service". I own the 6-car garage across the street from Lester's factory. I came out of it and ran on foot past Lester's, and went through the tunnel. Not sure if that made a difference, being on foot. I also had my already saved Dubsta 2 out on the street somewhere.

zecanelao
  • zecanelao

Homeboy

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 February 2016 - 12:44 AM

What about expensive sentinels ? How or where to spawn those?
Thx for the help guys, good vids and info

Sentinels are spawning at the Xero Gas in front of the Marina/Helipad, 100% reliable method if you're driving another Sentinel. Use a mission locked at 21:00.
About Dubstas, it's all down to luck. I've tried several methods, many had worked in the beginning, but they were just coincidences.
  • darkgreenmeme likes this

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2016 - 04:31 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 23 February 2016 - 04:35 PM.

^^ I hear ya; a few days ago a gold Dubsta 2 spawned on my first drive-by to the central LSC (public session too)... very rare that happens.

So it's possible; just unlikely.

Only R* knows what all the variables and circumstances required are to spawn them...and I wouldn't doubt there's still some random element thrown in for good measure.

size_m
  • size_m

no, it's not a hot dog!

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:40 AM

i have a really low success rate in general with npc modded car spawns.

the only ones working for me reliably are the sentinels and sankings.

thanks to denturedynamite i finally got a dubsta2 (which also took quite some time) but since then it took me a couple of hours trying just to get 2 more of them.

the only other npc modded car i've ever found was the turbo sabre (and the voltic which isn't sellable).

i have never managed to find a blue dominator, although i was driving a normal dominator.

i would guess my total success rate is below 10%, no matter which method i try.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:17 PM

Supposedly, the amount of cars you have in one or more of your garages increases your chances of spawning another one. i.e. if you have a garage full of Dubsta 2s, they should be easier to spawn.

But I think that's just theory...

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Egg schmegg

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:21 PM Edited by Gridl0k, 08 March 2016 - 01:22 PM.

Supposedly, the amount of cars you have in one or more of your garages increases your chances of spawning another one. i.e. if you have a garage full of Dubsta 2s, they should be easier to spawn.

I'm fairly sure leaving your garage in the type is one of the better ways to increase the odds. Try driving a Sentinel or D2 out of Tinsel towers and going to LSC, quite often you'll find one. Might well work for Sabres etc too. You'll note the 2-player D2 spawn method uses entering/leaving a garage, IIRC.

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:22 PM

Am inclined to agree though I have seen an increase in Sentinal XS spawns of late due to the number I had stored in my garage as was seeing them most passes of

LSC in recent weeks but sold most of them now.

I'm thinking this week must be about the 1 year anniversary since the Dubsta 2 spawn at Vinewood Hills was removed from the game as seem to remember it was taken out with

Heists update, anyone able to confirm that for me?

hoopz71
  • hoopz71

GREEN N WHITE THRU N THRU, Here we go to 5 in a row

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:42 PM

I spawn maybe 1 every 10 attempts in and out of public sessions

size_m
  • size_m

no, it's not a hot dog!

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:56 AM Edited by size_m, 09 March 2016 - 11:29 AM.

as i used to have such a bad success rate with spawning these custom cars (except sentinels and sandkings), i was searching for different and more efficient spawn methods.

luckily i found 2 good methods which work alot better for me than just driving around and continuously checking the lsc's.

one of these methods is the "buzzard method" (i cannot find the original post anymore).

during a time locked mission (i.e. dos) you park your dubsta2 (or whatever "bait car") next to the vespucci heli pad (on the side of the road to the lsc) and then fly with your buzzard low and slow along this road to the lsc and then back and repeat.

this method was more efficient for me than the standard driving methods.

but the best method for me was the following:

thanks to majorvienna for this great method!

Voit Turyv, on 01 Feb 2016 - 9:06 PM, said:snapback.png

I'm having a hard time spawning cars at LSC near the airport... I played Denial of Service, spent 20 minutes driving the dubsta2 back and forth and nothing. ffs

Something was changed around new year when the 2nd snow fall happened, that made Dubsta2 spawning harder/less reliable.

On a side note, I've always been unsure whether it's preferable to have a Dubsta2 out for the mission already, call for one via mechanic during the mission, or drive one out of the garage to become the PV, it probably makes no difference though.

Here is a little diagram of my favorite spawning trigger spot at La Mesa/Murietta LSC:

TXASDFJ.jpg

You go up on the bridge and drive on the wrong side of the road/slowly as shown by the blue arrow, and cars should spawn in the LSC spot just after you pass the 2nd-to-last light post before the incline, indicated by the green dot, if nothing spawns, roll back about 10-15m back from the lightpost and drive forward past it again.

When this repeatedly doesn't work I sometimes roll all the way back to the pillar/notch on the side of the bridge shown by the red square, then rinse and repeat at green dot. Alternatively turning around, driving back to and then u-turning after the sign overhang (white line) or all the way back to the sprunk sign (green line) can also help refresh the situation at the light post.

I also experiement with getting out of the car and/or shooting the lid off the trash can near the spawn spot (silenced sniper to avoid police). Also entering the LSC itself, if doing it in free roam.

I like doing it at this spot cause you can see cars spawning or not in the open from up high on the bridge, instead of it spawning out of eyesight behind a building and losing time driving closer to check.

i used the method that MajorVienna describes in the http://gtaforums.com...thread/page-140 and it was successful, i used it in the time locked mission "time to getaway" spawning Dubsta2, the only issue i had the first time i tried it was after i saw the Dubsta spawning i drive down the bridge and turn left to go in the LSC parking area and there was gone (i dont know if this is an issue only to me because of the low density/traffic/draw distance settings ) so the next times i saw the Dubsta spawning i drive little bit further and climb down from the bridge to the next building near LSC to have it in my sight , and then jumping from the building to the parking area, grab the Dubsta and store it in my garage, this works every time for me. I also found one Dubsta2 in freemode using this method (the clock was at 12.00)

i also jumped from the bridge to the building to avoid the spawned car to disappear but once it still disappeared although jumping from bridge and going directly to the parking lot.

so there seems not to be a 100% secure way to keep them from disappearing after they have spawned.

but except of this one incident none of the spawned cars disappeared.

using this method with a dubsta2 only other dubstas were spawned.

but when i did this with a custom dominator (with my other char) also dominators were spawning but also other custom cars such as both types of the rapid gt and both types of the ruiner spawned.

edit: in good times i could spawn a dubsta2 in 1 of 4-5 tries with this "bridge method", in other cases only 1 in about 10 tries.

but it's still alot more efficient as you don't have to drive a lap each time to activate the spawning.

only going forward and then a couple of meters back and repeat and you will get these 10 tries in just a few minutes.

but obviously all of the spawning methods seem to work differently for everybody.

there is probably not a certain method which works reliably for everyone.

• Gridl0k likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Egg schmegg

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:35 PM

so there seems not to be a 100% secure way to keep them from disappearing after they have spawned.

If you have good aim and big balls you can throw a sticky on it, that prevents despawning.

• size_m and DentureDynamite like this

klutch14u
  • klutch14u

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2016 - 01:12 AM Edited by klutch14u, 10 March 2016 - 01:13 AM.

I started this thread and am checking back in as to what I've learned.  I've started to use the Dubsta's as my only steal/sell money source.  I've managed to stockpile 20+ of them and frequent replenish them as I find them either in regular game free mode or via mission.  I normally don't get down about 4 or 5 before I specifically hunt for more.

1.  The mid-town LSC is the best place for me to get them.  I bought the Tinsel Tower apartment right by there.  Instead of driving 20 seconds and/or a certain number of city blocks away I'll just pull back into my garage and back out.  This LSC starts spawning them at 7:30 am and stop's sharply at 18:00.  I approach the northern entrance from the west and semi-slowly pull into the driveway.  A lot of times I'll stop just short of making the corner and sit for 5-10 seconds.  It's still pretty hit and miss for me.  Commotion within the map or other players being nearby seems to greatly affect them spawning.  During this time if it's calm I'll go out of my way to try and spawn a couple.  Other than that I use "Time to get Away"

2.  My second spot is the east side LSC.  I own the 10 car Popular St. garage using the same method.  I typically pull out and into Lester's sweat shop parking lot and sit on side of the tunnel waiting 5-10 seconds.  If nothing is there I'll just come up the ramp and right back into my garage.  Rinse and repeat.  Pulling in and out of the garage resets the in-map cars.  These seem to start around 10am and lasts until 21:00 so definitely work mid-town first thing in the am

I ALWAYS check the same spot immediately after finding one as I frequently get back to back spawns.  I've also learned that if you're surrounded in map by Sabre Turbos, Firebirds or whatever that's probably what you're going to spawn a lot of.  If I'm just not getting anything (in mission), even crap cars I'll completely switch locations and work the other location.

3.  I've given up on the airport.  I sold my garage over there and it bears the least amount of fruit for me.  Even if I got one taking it clear across town for one truck is a waste of time.  I get plenty from the first 2 locations.  Once you have a nice stockpile and mindfully put some effort into spawning them when you can you can keep that stockpile up pretty nice.

I've sold $12+ million in stolen cars. Not bad especially since I just recently found out about the custom cars.  I used to sell the Ballers and GT coupes for $9500.  I still think the Sandkings are the best thing to do if you're wanting to put nearly zero effort into it.  Blue Sentinel's aren't bad either but there isn't a good time lock mission to spawn and stockpile them.

I'm gonna try the bridge thing though.

Forgot to mention.  I have another buddy that enjoys chasing Dubsta's. We'll often fire up Time to get Away and we'll each work a LSC, sometimes switching sides if we aren't having any luck.  I actually find riding together seems to spawn them less so stay away from each other.

Your mileage might vary

darkgreenmeme
  • darkgreenmeme

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:54 AM

I noticed that driving with a Dubsta2 up in Paleto Bay seems to make the modded Rat-Loaders spawn near Beeker's mod shop around 12:00.   The spawn rate for these seems to have been turned way down, though.

• STN357 likes this

STN357
  • STN357

2ndToNone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:08 AM

My crew has done the homework and we've been spawning dubstas for over a year and a half since they stopped spawning up the hill. This is my video, my method and use it at your leisure. I've helped a few people in this thread but hopefully this helps you out. I've made over 30 million selling this truck. I'm open for questions. We've perfected it and it is multiplayer sufficient. For single players it works also. Just gotta user the 'top of the hill' method we speak about drunkenly in the video.

STN357
  • STN357

2ndToNone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:13 AM

as i used to have such a bad success rate with spawning these custom cars (except sentinels and sandkings), i was searching for different and more efficient spawn methods.

luckily i found 2 good methods which work alot better for me than just driving around and continuously checking the lsc's.

one of these methods is the "buzzard method" (i cannot find the original post anymore).
during a time locked mission (i.e. dos) you park your dubsta2 (or whatever "bait car") next to the vespucci heli pad (on the side of the road to the lsc) and then fly with your buzzard low and slow along this road to the lsc and then back and repeat.
this method was more efficient for me than the standard driving methods.

but the best method for me was the following:
thanks to majorvienna for this great method!

Voit Turyv, on 01 Feb 2016 - 9:06 PM, said:snapback.png

I'm having a hard time spawning cars at LSC near the airport... I played Denial of Service, spent 20 minutes driving the dubsta2 back and forth and nothing. ffs

Something was changed around new year when the 2nd snow fall happened, that made Dubsta2 spawning harder/less reliable.

On a side note, I've always been unsure whether it's preferable to have a Dubsta2 out for the mission already, call for one via mechanic during the mission, or drive one out of the garage to become the PV, it probably makes no difference though.

Here is a little diagram of my favorite spawning trigger spot at La Mesa/Murietta LSC:
TXASDFJ.jpg
You go up on the bridge and drive on the wrong side of the road/slowly as shown by the blue arrow, and cars should spawn in the LSC spot just after you pass the 2nd-to-last light post before the incline, indicated by the green dot, if nothing spawns, roll back about 10-15m back from the lightpost and drive forward past it again.
When this repeatedly doesn't work I sometimes roll all the way back to the pillar/notch on the side of the bridge shown by the red square, then rinse and repeat at green dot. Alternatively turning around, driving back to and then u-turning after the sign overhang (white line) or all the way back to the sprunk sign (green line) can also help refresh the situation at the light post.
I also experiement with getting out of the car and/or shooting the lid off the trash can near the spawn spot (silenced sniper to avoid police). Also entering the LSC itself, if doing it in free roam.

I like doing it at this spot cause you can see cars spawning or not in the open from up high on the bridge, instead of it spawning out of eyesight behind a building and losing time driving closer to check.

i used the method that MajorVienna describes in the http://gtaforums.com...thread/page-140 and it was successful, i used it in the time locked mission "time to getaway" spawning Dubsta2, the only issue i had the first time i tried it was after i saw the Dubsta spawning i drive down the bridge and turn left to go in the LSC parking area and there was gone (i dont know if this is an issue only to me because of the low density/traffic/draw distance settings ) so the next times i saw the Dubsta spawning i drive little bit further and climb down from the bridge to the next building near LSC to have it in my sight , and then jumping from the building to the parking area, grab the Dubsta and store it in my garage, this works every time for me. I also found one Dubsta2 in freemode using this method (the clock was at 12.00)
i also jumped from the bridge to the building to avoid the spawned car to disappear but once it still disappeared although jumping from bridge and going directly to the parking lot.

using this method with a dubsta2 only other dubstas were spawned.
but when i did this with a custom dominator (with my other char) also dominators were spawning but also other custom cars such as both types of the rapid gt and both types of the ruiner spawned.

edit: in good times i could spawn a dubsta2 in 1 of 4-5 tries with this "bridge method", in other cases only 1 in about 10 tries.
but it's still alot more efficient as you don't have to drive a lap each time to activate the spawning.
only going forward and then a couple of meters back and repeat and you will get these 10 tries in just a few minutes.

but obviously all of the spawning methods seem to work differently for everybody.
there is probably not a certain method which works reliably for everyone.

I've been spawning them there for a while also and I have videos o.k. my HDD I need to edit to put on YouTube but the bridge method is great because you can see it spawn and there are a ton of what I like to call 'triggers' on the freeway that'll tell you when the best time it is to drive towards the LSC. I'll post after I get back from vacation.
  • Jrnrdh18 likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users