Photo

Dubsta 2 (custom) spawn strategies

2,142 replies to this topic
klutch14u
  • klutch14u

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:52 PM Edited by klutch14u, 14 January 2017 - 07:58 PM.

UPDATE There is now a TON of info in this thread (look for STN357's posts/videos).  Please note, you do NOT need to ask someone to spawn you a Dubsta 2, you can call one as the ROAD CAPTAIN of an MC in freeroam and get one yourself during the proper hours using the countless methods in this thread.  If you do choose to ask for help rather than DIY, there are numerous members on every platform that have already offered to help and posted their GamerTag's.  Ask them rather than posting asking for help

So I've watched numerous videos and have a generous number of stockpiled Dubsta 2's.  I've gotten them to spawn at all 3 currently known locations (all 3 city based Custom shops).  I used to stockpile the custom Sandkings and could get them to spawn religiously if you followed the right path at the right time, one after another.

I decided to switch to the Dubsta since it's worth a little more and AFAIK the most valuable steal/sell car you can own.  However, it's really hit and miss on getting it to spawn.  All the videos I've watched just show it spawning for them but they must not show you the 10 times they took the touted path and it wasn't there.  I've tried normal game lobby play and running Denial of Service and Time to get Away (both locked at noon time).

Has anyone found a super reliable path/approach to get it to spawn nearly every time you take it, like you can the Sandkings?  I spend so much time trying to collect a good inventory of the Dubsta's I'm not sure the extra $5K per truck is worth it over the blue Sandking.  I might ditch the Dubsta and stick to the Sandkings if I can't get this figured out.  I do think normal lobby collection is more reliable during the correct hours.  The mission based one just has very few cars in general on the roads but gameplay obviously you're racing against the clock.

I'm not trying to turn this into a "try this route" or "will you help me get a Dubsta" thread but looking for good info on reliable/TESTED strategy.

• size_m and Michaelmazzone like this

darkgreenmeme
  • darkgreenmeme

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:21 PM Edited by darkgreenmeme, 31 January 2016 - 08:33 PM.

About the only way that I've found is to approach "slowly" (drive at the same speed as traffic) and get far enough away to despawn the unwanted vehicles at the LSC.  (if you come back and the same cars are there, you didn't go far enought)  I really don't think the route matters on NPC-modded parked car spawns.  Using "Chopper Tail" also works for a time-locked mission.  I'm guessing, but I have about a 25% success rate using a Dubsta2 for each pass to get at least something.

The Route 68/GOH Yellow/Blue Sandking spawn in a time-locked mission seems to be the most reliable at the moment. Time=$

Spoiler

klutch14u
  • klutch14u

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:34 PM

Thanks darkgreen, I'll try to slow it up a bit maybe.  I started to think they were on a cycle of round robining the 3 custom shops but that proved false.  I might switch back to Sandkings if nobody has a sure fire method on the Dubstas.  I can generate a Sandking every single time at the Sandy Shores LSC location

klutch14u
  • klutch14u

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:42 PM

Who offers the Chopper Tail mission?  I don't have it in my list

darkgreenmeme
  • darkgreenmeme

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:50 PM

Trevor. You can't call him for it, it appears when you are over rank 70 and you are driving around the Grand Senora Desert. It's probably easier to play it with someone that already has it.

Chopper Tail contact mission discussion
  • Novey7 likes this

Vassago1970
  • Vassago1970

Hit 'em with the Hein!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:54 PM

I spawn Dubstas for my crew and friends that ask for it....I don't believe for one second that there is a foolproof way to spawn them without fail...It seems to be totally random, I circle once or twice at LSC, and if it doesn't spawn, I do something else and try later, not worth trying for more than a couple minutes.

• aaronBLUEeyes likes this

Oobe
  • Oobe

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • Israel

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:58 PM

Please explain your way how to spawn/find the blue sandking pls!
I only recently been playing on ps4 and been looking up on this. You say u find a way to get them everytime, please explain!
I use to do these type of spawns on PS3 but I'm new to ps4 please help for the sandking

darkgreenmeme
  • darkgreenmeme

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:08 PM Edited by darkgreenmeme, 31 January 2016 - 09:11 PM.

Please explain your way how to spawn/find the blue sandking pls!
I only recently been playing on ps4 and been looking up on this. You say u find a way to get them everytime, please explain!
I use to do these type of spawns on PS3 but I'm new to ps4 please help for the sandking

Start a time-locked mission like Chopper Tail or Time to Get Away. During the mission, see the video in post #2 in this thread. You will need to do this with a Sandking XL (4-door, not 2-door), and you can usually find a normal one driving in that area. Drive it into one of your garages (they won't be marked on your map during the mission, so you need to know where it is). When the mission concludes, you can go to that garage and take it to an LSC and sell it.
  • Oobe likes this

Oobe
  • Oobe

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • Israel

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:12 PM

Please explain your way how to spawn/find the blue sandking pls!I only recently been playing on ps4 and been looking up on this. You say u find a way to get them everytime, please explain!I use to do these type of spawns on PS3 but I'm new to ps4 please help for the sandking

Start a time-locked mission like Chopper Tail or Time to Get Away. During the mission, see the video in post #2 in this thread. You will need to do this with a Sandking XL (4-door, not 2-door), and you can usually find a normal one driving in that area. Drive it into one of your garages (they won't be marked on your map during the mission, so you need to know where it is). When the mission concludes, you can go to that garage and take it to an LSC and sell it.

Do I need another sand king for it to spawn or can I just drive my sports car to it?

darkgreenmeme
  • darkgreenmeme

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:13 PM

Yes. Read what you quoted.
  • Pedinhuh likes this

Oobe
  • Oobe

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • Israel

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:16 PM

Hey klutch, is there a way for them to spawn without having to use a sandking?
I don't want to buy one, I hate those huge trucks

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

hortif*ckingculturalist

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:18 PM Edited by Gridl0k, 31 January 2016 - 09:18 PM.

Sandking spawning:

It must be between 0900 and 1700 in-game. Check using your phone.

The spawn area must be FREE of other players and police.

1) Be in a Sandking XL
2) Drive as far away from the RV lot as I do
3) Start coasting where I brake, at the little green bush on the left
4) You will see the new one spawn in front of you.

This is 100% reliable. Either store them in the nearby 6-car garage or put a tracker on in LSC for 2K. You can then cycle back again and again until you have all you need.
  • Oobe, jazzbone, Skeve613 and 3 others like this

Oobe
  • Oobe

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • Israel

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:19 PM

What about expensive sentinels ? How or where to spawn those?
Thx for the help guys, good vids and info

klutch14u
  • klutch14u

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:28 PM Edited by klutch14u, 31 January 2016 - 09:33 PM.

Hey klutch, is there a way for them to spawn without having to use a sandking?
I don't want to buy one, I hate those huge trucks

Use the video Grid10k posted, that's where I get them.  If you get the yellow and don't want it just turn back and do it over.  There is always a sandking in the area you can steal (not customized).  That will spawn them.  Just always keep one for spawning and use the Time to Get Away mission.  Back to the Dubstas.....

Edited to add, I also bought the 6 car garage over there to store the sandkings, steal, store, repeat.

• Oobe likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

hortif*ckingculturalist

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 31 January 2016 - 10:38 PM

I find at least 50% of the time if I start Denial of Service from right outside my Tinsel Towers garage with my D2 already as PV and drive straight to the LSC there's a D2 waiting for me.

If not my route is through the tunnel to the E as far as the ammunition block, turn around, brake hard at the last intersection before you go into the tunnel, drive slow to the last column just before the slope down to the lights, then go take a look.

Sometimes I get holes in one, sometimes it takes 3-5 goes. Quite often I'll get Comets, Suranos, Dominators and Ruiners pop while I'm looking.

Oobe
  • Oobe

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • Israel

Posted 31 January 2016 - 10:51 PM

I'm farming the sandkings right now, works perfect, now how about the dubstas, dominators or sentinels?

klutch14u
  • klutch14u

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2016 - 10:54 PM

I'm farming the sandkings right now, works perfect, now how about the dubstas, dominators or sentinels?

You've got the best, consistent one.  Dubsta's can get about $5K more but you spend 10X the amount of work to stockpile them.  Don't think the Dominators, Sentinels or gang cars, etc get close

• Oobe and ALLWORLD19 like this

Oobe
  • Oobe

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • Israel

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:00 PM

Lightblue sandkings FTW
  • ALLWORLD19 likes this

GTA_dog
  • GTA_dog

dank memes melt steel beams

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:38 PM Edited by YngDady, 31 January 2016 - 11:38 PM.

You've got the best, consistent one.  Dubsta's can get about $5K more but you spend 10X the amount of work to stockpile them.  Don't think the Dominators, Sentinels or gang cars, etc get close
But it takes 48 minutes to sell a car, so you'll have a garage filled faster, but you'll still have to wait to sell a car, and in that time you should have a few dubsta2s found.
  • STN357 likes this

klutch14u
  • klutch14u

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2016 - 12:01 AM

But it takes 48 minutes to sell a car, so you'll have a garage filled faster, but you'll still have to wait to sell a car, and in that time you should have a few dubsta2s found.

It's astonishing how many vehicles I sell and plow through my inventory.  Dubstas couldn't keep me stocked up.  I'm going to try it for a bit since I sold my garage in the desert but knowing how often I had to restock it was already a bit of a PITA but inconsistent Dubstas will result in me spending my time trying to harvest them than actually playing.

Jobbo
  • Jobbo

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 February 2016 - 02:28 PM

I still keep spawning Dubsta 2s, but like you I keep running out of them so quickly.

One thing I have noticed is that there seems to be some persistence between the general vehicle spawns before you start the mission and in mission.  You really don't want Ruiners to be spawning in traffic because they seem really easy to spawn instead of Dubstas.  Any of the NPC modded cars spawning in traffic are problematic (Voltic, Comet, Surano, Rapid GT particularly) since you can't store them.

Perhaps one day we'll work out the algorithm.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:21 PM Edited by reform, 02 February 2016 - 10:48 PM.

If anyone can help spawn me one of the gold/chrome Dubsta 2's on PS4 I'd greatly appreciate it.

Can either reply here or mesage me or just contact me online or whatevs.

PSN: Man_named_Crasp

SC: reform1

*EDIT* Request fulfilled. Thanks!

Cobra2k4
  • Cobra2k4

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:27 PM

Just started trying to collect the modded npc cars recently. I am having issues with a few of them. Would appreciate some assistance on Xbox One. Trying to spawn the gold & chrome Dubstas, the modded Sabre Turbos and the pink & blue Surfer.

Please and thank you
  • Gridl0k likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

hortif*ckingculturalist

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:00 PM

^ Hit me up if I'm online  - Gridl0k 

Cobra2k4
  • Cobra2k4

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:52 PM

Will do thanks

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Happy Birthday! Azu-nyan (11/11)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:30 PM

Member Varenna and I did some testing of the Dubsta2 spawn in Chopper Tail mission last night at all three locations and our results were a bit mixed,

both of us in Dubsta 2.

We started off at Rockford Hills LSC and my route for this (driving at traffic speeds) is to drive up from Tinsel Towers and then make a slow right at

Cookatoo's and a slow left into LSC lot, our first pass we spawned the Ruiner, carried on through the underpass (left after leaving LSC lot) and u-turned

and came back and spawned the Rapid GT.

The next two passes we got a Dubsta2 each but nothing more spawned as if we'd exhausted the cycle for that spawn point.

So we drove down to LSC at the airport and a Ruiner appeared, went away and came back and got a Dubsta 2 but then nothing, finally we checked

LSC at La Mesa and managed to get a Dubsta 2 and this was his experience solo.

I have yet to try again myself to see if the results are the same but it would suggest that the normal preferred methods of Sentinal XS and Sandking

LWB are now the only 100% reliable farms if using car sales to fund your game cash flow.

• Slayclops and DentureDynamite like this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

hortif*ckingculturalist

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:37 PM Edited by Gridl0k, 04 February 2016 - 01:37 PM.

^ If any of the LSC spawns were able to be 100%, for any vehicle, I think we'd have figured it out by now so yeah take the 5K 'hit' and farm the sh*t out of those Sandkings.

klutch14u
  • klutch14u

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:58 PM

^ If any of the LSC spawns were able to be 100%, for any vehicle, I think we'd have figured it out by now so yeah take the 5K 'hit' and farm the sh*t out of those Sandkings.

Are there any night locked missions without cops or time limits for spawning the Sentinals? 

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Happy Birthday! Azu-nyan (11/11)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 February 2016 - 02:01 PM

Are there any night locked missions without cops or time limits for spawning the Sentinals? 

No there are no locked missions for night time.

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

hortif*ckingculturalist

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 04 February 2016 - 04:41 PM

Basically you're either in sentinel or sandking spawn time, except for 0500-0900 and 1700-2200. If you own 870 and a garage near the sentinel spawn you can use "spawn location" and change session to mean you're right next to a reliable spawn. If you're in one of fhe dead zones time-wise you've got no more than 10m to wait.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users