Photo

[GTA2 REL] Cars from IV and V + new weapon HUD icons

43 replies to this topic
SonicTheSexhog
  • SonicTheSexhog

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:49 PM

Yeah I want to re include the Penumbra replacing some 2 door car (I know you can change how many doors they have but just to keep better track of each car type). That car for the Yakuza sounds good... but wouldn't the Yakuza drive something more expensive in GTA2? :p

@Jean I tried to make a GTA V Glendale to replace the Russian Mafia car since an old Mercedes seemed like something they would drive, but it's hard to tell that it's that car from the top down view so I'm not sure:
lRnmhk.jpg

I put the BF Surfer as Hot Dog van, it's the average civilian one in the first two levels and a hot dog van in the third (the name is always the same but I guess I can live with that). I made it smaller to have a correct scale.
P5NbG3.jpg

I'll put these in the next release.

I also decided to experiment if custom character faces that look more like the GTA Advance ones would look good. Here's my attempt but I think the default ones still look better.
zmRXgQ.jpg

(the middle one is from the GTA Advance artwork, the other 2 are custom)

• unbid, Jeansowaty and Ivan1997GTA like this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Gognitti bailed. I made like Chow Yun-Fat...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:20 PM Edited by Jeansowaty, 11 February 2017 - 05:20 PM.

Okay, I was thinking that you could try making the IV Schafter to replace the Bulwark, or perhaps an Admiral from the 3D Universe? But now when I look at it, damn that Bulwark is awesome :D fyi, I'm building a custom map for GTA2, so maybe one day I could feature some new cars in there? ;)

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

SonicTheSexhog
  • SonicTheSexhog

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:31 PM

Excellent! What kind of map are you making? Feel free to use my sprites for anything.

And yeah I thought of the Schafter and Admiral too, it had to be a Mercedes :p

unbid
  • unbid

UwU

• Zaibatsu
  • Indonesia

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:14 AM

IV Russian gang used the 1st generation Schafter. Maybe you can use that as well for the Bulwark.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:08 PM

IV Russian gang used the 1st generation Schafter. Maybe you can use that as well for the Bulwark.

Yes, that's the one I was talking about. I prefer it over the 2nd-gen Schafter to be honest. 

That map is mostly based on the old Canyon/Hillside map by AssainGuy (which was part of GTA: Anywhere City Stories) but with my additions - three major islands and a highway connecting them all (plus some small power-up spammed islands too). It will have 4 gangs - the SRS Scientists, Russian Mafia, Zaibatsu Corporation and the Loonies. I was even going so far to writing up some mission ideas for that area but I lack the skills to make them real...

• Ivan1997GTA, Testeuros and SonicTheSexhog like this

SonicTheSexhog
  • SonicTheSexhog

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:56 PM Edited by SonicTheSexhog, 15 February 2017 - 05:07 PM.

Okay here's the new version:
Link: http://www.mediafire...2mod_feb_15.zip

I included some new cars like the Blista minivan, the new Hot Dog van and a Mr. Whoopee (mixed the GTA3 model with the San Andreas top :p).

hJHrjU.jpg

I also put many of the car sprites individually with a text file that has the door positions, palettes and remaps.

I replaced the bullets so that they aren't just red rectangles anymore:

uHt2ST.jpg

I tried to add a gas station to the second level, but it doesn't look much like one from the top down perspective unless you are far away or driving fast.

I set the floor to have traffic driving on it but I didn't see any NPC driver "use" the gas station until today when some Truck Cab was already there when I drove to the location. So I'm not sure if it works or not :p but it's just scenery anyway since I can't edit that level's code.

I might put another one in the third level and put a car oil slick powerup in it, and molotov cocktails like in Chinatown Wars.

NrLd8W.jpg

And I also put 4 character heads for the first level but they aren't in the .sty file by default, I just put the pictures separately.

oMKxQA.jpg

• Jeansowaty, Ivan1997GTA, Dmitriy87 and 1 other like this

unbid
  • unbid

UwU

• Zaibatsu
  • Indonesia

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:55 AM

Nice pack release. Although the III Blista could be replaced with V Minivan, because the Blista reflections looks odd in-game. Also, the Surfer is still look bigger than the V counterpart. Maybe make the sprite shorter and a bit narrower would help.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

SonicTheSexhog
  • SonicTheSexhog

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:15 AM Edited by SonicTheSexhog, 16 February 2017 - 02:30 PM.

Yeah you are right, I just checked again now and the Surfer is still too big :/ Gotta fix it.

For the minivan, yeah I tried to make it look like the GTA 3 one intentionally just for the heck of it, but I guess it looks like it belongs in a different game now :p I'll try to fix the lighting and stuff so it fits with the rest.

Also, I re-uploaded the file because I fixed some paths in the ste.gmp file so that cars that (rarely) spawn at the gas station now drive away properly.

Edit: here's a new BF Surfer, made it smaller again. I think it's still too big but I'm not sure now if the scale of the other cars is correct anyway, I'll have to check. 

Link: http://www.mediafire...w_bf_surfer.rar

unbid
  • unbid

UwU

• Zaibatsu
  • Indonesia

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:40 PM

I wonder which program you use to add the oversized sprite into the .sty sheet (Pigalle, Patriot, and Landstalker)

SonicTheSexhog
  • SonicTheSexhog

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:16 PM

I'm using gta2stytool  http://gtamp.com/gta2/tools/

It took me a while to figure out I could do this :p Idk if it can cause any trouble with the game, I guess not.

LdcvA0.jpg

• unbid and Ivan1997GTA like this

unbid
  • unbid

UwU

• Zaibatsu
  • Indonesia

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:50 PM Edited by unbid, 17 February 2017 - 03:20 AM.

I'm using gta2stytool  http://gtamp.com/gta2/tools/
It took me a while to figure out I could do this :p Idk if it can cause any trouble with the game, I guess not.

-snip-

Well, it works, but the deltas on the Patriot and Landstalker are now f*cked up:
92e0e6364648d8532cd03ba8bc0e7e33.png

EDIT: nvm, STYed could fix the Delta issue.

Also, IMO the Surfer should be at the same size as the Sentinel. Are you gonna plan to replace the Benson with Surano? because both cars are based on Mercedes and the Surano is basically a modern version of the Benson (juat like SLS AMG is the modern version of the 300SL)
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

SonicTheSexhog
  • SonicTheSexhog

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:49 PM Edited by SonicTheSexhog, 18 February 2017 - 03:34 PM.

The Surano looks like an excellent replacement for the Benson, yeah! Before that I was thinking of some expensive car like the GTA V McLaren (forgot the name) since I think the Yakuza boss owned a Benson in GTA2 and they claim to only have really expensive cars.

Too bad there's no way to make it have the roof open like in GTA1 (and show the characters sitting in it). Maybe I can find some gimmick for that via code in the third level.

Here's an even smaller BF Surfer, it's hopefully the definitive one now. I now noticed that the Mr. Whooppee is huge too. :p

Now I'm starting to wonder if the cars in the game in general (I mean including the default ones) are too small compared to the people, the scale is pretty confusing.

http://www.mediafire...tive_vw_bus.zip

It looks too long on the front now after making it smaller. I'll see if I can fix it without screwing up the design. Either way some 60's vans had a long front irl :p

pr2_bild7.jpg

EDIT:
Here's a smaller and fixed Mr. Whoopee:

http://www.mediafire...ewmrwhoopee.zip

• unbid likes this

unbid
  • unbid

UwU

• Zaibatsu
  • Indonesia

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:08 PM Edited by unbid, 18 February 2017 - 03:23 PM.

Glad you agreed on my suggestion.

I was thinking, the Hijak Khamelion could be a better replacement for the Scientist's Meteor instead of the Dilletante:

104fed1bcb51e28b7e41582fb9a6dc49.jpg

It's a hybrid, which suits the Scientist's futuristic lifestyle, and it's a sports car, which doesn't go far off with the Meteor's sports car nature (unlike the Dilletante which is a hybrid sedan).

Also, I think that the Elegy Retro Custom, Ruiner, Massacro, and Banshee seems like a great replacement for Michelli Roadster, Trance Am, Aniston BD4, and Rumbler repectively.

EDIT: just wanna say that the Surfer is now on the correct size. Good job.
  • Ivan1997GTA and DimitriFaustin like this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:48 PM

I would rather replace the Aniston BD4 with the James Bomb from GTAL or the JB 700 (or whatevs) from GTA5. Just my 2 cents :)

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users