Quantcast

» «
Photo

Multiple Cities in Single Player DLC? (speculation)

152 replies to this topic
.Smaher.
  • .Smaher.

Mr. Triangle Man

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:01 AM

Fairy tales? This isn't a wishlist thread. This is pure speculation.

It is a wishlist type thread.
On what basis, hints, or strong evidences, do you expect me to speculate about this multiple cities?
Like Official General said, Rockstar have yet to even 'formally confirm' the release of the SP DLC first, and you have started dreaming about something that has zero engaging hints or clues, unlike SP DLC, that at least, has some merit in it that not only allows us, the fans, but even several gaming sites, the analyst who raised the question during earnings call to T2 CEO Zelnick, to speculate because that's what the majority seeks to believe, nowhere I have seen that this multiple cities DLC has got any credibility nor any support as a voice of the majority.
First let theSP DLC happen, and then we shall think about this.
I'm done with you, man. I'm getting tired of requoting that quote by them where they confirmed a "Story Mode DLC" especially for someone who acts so sure of himself whenever someone proposes any sort of speculation you don't like.

7U2JXK7.png
Why does this image keep showing up? It's piss easy to achieve this look on the PC; ICEnhancer + one of the many tree mods + maximum draw distance = SP DLC confirmed?

And your theory is indeed insane, I'm open to the fact that maybe, maaaybe some form of single player DLC could come out, but this... is a complete fantasy, it's starting to resemble something I would've doodled in my notebook back in third grade - "Yeah, three new cities *scrtch-scrtch* and, and laser guns *scrtch-scrtch* then a T-Rex bites Trevor's head off *scrtch-scrtch* a final boss fight against Darth Vader and Megatron..."

It's no wishlist thread. Like I said. I'm just gathering up any potential info I can find to piece up why the SP DLC could include LC, LV, or NY. Maybe not all those cities combined guaranteed, but I'm sure we'd get a map expansion of some sort.

Also, about that LC pic. No amount of tree mods or different camera angles is gonna change how organic and smooth the Leaked picture looks. As you can see, as I already pointed out, the trees in the foreground are a completely different color in both pictures.

VenomsnakeVII
  • VenomsnakeVII

RDR2 Drought Fighter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:14 AM

On what basis, hints, or strong evidences, do you expect me to speculate about this multiple cities?
Like Official General said, Rockstar have yet to even 'formally confirm' the release of the SP DLC first, and you have started dreaming about something that has zero engaging hints or clues, unlike SP DLC, that at least, has some merit in it that not only allows us, the fans, but even several gaming sites, the analyst who raised the question during earnings call to T2 CEO Zelnick, to speculate because that's what the majority seeks to believe, nowhere I have seen that this multiple cities DLC has got any credibility nor any support as a voice of the majority.
I'm done with you, man. I'm getting tired of requoting that quote by them where they confirmed a "Story Mode DLC" especially for someone who acts so sure of himself whenever someone proposes any sort of speculation you don't like.

7U2JXK7.png
Why does this image keep showing up? It's piss easy to achieve this look on the PC; ICEnhancer + one of the many tree mods + maximum draw distance = SP DLC confirmed?

And your theory is indeed insane, I'm open to the fact that maybe, maaaybe some form of single player DLC could come out, but this... is a complete fantasy, it's starting to resemble something I would've doodled in my notebook back in third grade - "Yeah, three new cities *scrtch-scrtch* and, and laser guns *scrtch-scrtch* then a T-Rex bites Trevor's head off *scrtch-scrtch* a final boss fight against Darth Vader and Megatron..."

It's no wishlist thread. Like I said. I'm just gathering up any potential info I can find to piece up why the SP DLC could include LC, LV, or NY. Maybe not all those cities combined guaranteed, but I'm sure we'd get a map expansion of some sort.

Also, about that LC pic. No amount of tree mods or different camera angles is gonna change how organic and smooth the Leaked picture looks. As you can see, as I already pointed out, the trees in the foreground are a completely different color in both pictures.

Dude not saying that it's not true but come on that image is doable. I mean the logo itself looks janky. like i said, let this thread die in peace. we already have an SP discussion thread.

• the buckit and Maibatsu545 like this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:23 AM

You didn't understand my posts.
I'm not saying that SP DLC lacks any merit.
What you're believing is not any confirmation.
Confirmation is something that they 'admit'.
Similar to the confirmation of The Benz sabbatical.
Currently, SP DLC is still in the initial stage of speculation. It has yet to get a formal approval from Rockstar through announcement.
You think many people, several gaming sites are wrong to not "confirm" anything about the SP DLC yet, and you're the only smart guy here, that thinks it has been already "confirmed", eh?
Good for you, if it makes you happy.
  • Official General and Maibatsu545 like this

Blackened
  • Blackened

Fan of all GTAs

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:24 AM

7U2JXK7.png

Dude not saying that it's not true but come on that image is doable. I mean the logo itself looks janky. like i said, let this thread die in peace. we already have an SP discussion thread.

DLC-Liberty-City.jpg

The image listed in this thread has been altered to see more clearly. I'm not saying it's real, but it explains why the logo looks so bad.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:41 AM

I'm extremely skeptical about all of this. Unless it's from an Official Source, then it's a No Sell for me then.

• Glory Holin' likes this

Edward Nashton
  • Edward Nashton

A Traveler of Both Time and Space.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:46 AM Edited by Edward Nashton, 25 January 2016 - 07:23 AM.

Dude...

• Osho, UltraGizmo64, Android and 2 others like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:50 AM

Looks like an ENB/Timecyc.dat Mod to me.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:57 AM Edited by Official General, 25 January 2016 - 06:58 AM.

@ Smaher

I don't need to take anything back. I never said there is definitely no SP DLC, I said its not even been confirmed that its in development, let alone release, and here you are speculating about 2 more cities being added to the game as an expansion. It's too damn funny and just plain ridiculous at the same time.

I'm not believing anything until I see OFFICIAL confirmation from Rockstar, and I won't even speculate, I stopped caring about this a long time ago. And most importantly, I just don't think its gonna happen.
  • Osho, Maibatsu545 and Glory Holin' like this

_MK_
  • _MK_

JRod

• Members
  • None
  • Best Vehicle [Snap] 2016
    Best Scenery [Snap] 2015
    Best Filtered [Snap] 2015

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:15 AM Edited by _MK_, 25 January 2016 - 07:23 AM.

What are you talking about ? you can't even see the trees with the "leaked picture",this is the "leaked DLC" picture:

DLC-Liberty-City.jpg

Yeah looks very smowhitish.

The image that you keep posting ↓ ,just look at the logo it has clearly been done with Photoshop using the Magic Eraser Tool to clear out the logo from the background it came with,and it looks like sh*t,with ENB and tree mods you can get something that looks a lot more better than this by miles.

7U2JXK7.png

• Android, Maibatsu545 and Edward Nashton like this

chilleverest
  • chilleverest

Ironborn

• Members
  • Nepal

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:28 AM Edited by chilleverest, 25 January 2016 - 07:29 AM.

I like the idea of the multiple city whether as a dlc or an entirely new game but as a SP guy, we've been kept in shadows for such a long time that i just want to hate and cuss RS for this particular reason, especially because of their online treatment, so i want to say no, to think of a multiple city coming to SP is plain, laughable. Terming it a multiple map pack should make more sense at this point of time. 

VenomsnakeVII
  • VenomsnakeVII

RDR2 Drought Fighter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:48 AM

I like the idea of the multiple city whether as a dlc or an entirely new game but as a SP guy, we've been kept in shadows for such a long time that i just want to hate and cuss RS for this particular reason, especially because of their online treatment, so i want to say no, to think of a multiple city coming to SP is plain, laughable. Terming it a multiple map pack should make more sense at this point of time. 

If only we got the things from online this wouldn't be such a pain

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:59 AM

I still believe Liberty City will be added in entirety to both Single player and Online, And they will make GTA 6 Vice City and it will also will be able to transverse between the other two cities. If we are lucky, We might get North Yankton also.

At least Online, because that's what Rockstar said was the whole point of it; that it will just expand over time until it has all the GTA cities in one game to go between.

Chakeino
  • Chakeino

Prankster

• Members

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:14 AM

My prediction is:

Michael's Episode set in NY, Trevor's in LS and Fraklin's in LC.

GTA6 will arrive with VC and some new city probably and will include all previous cities from IV-V to transfer between them.
  • GtaoJackbroker likes this

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 25 January 2016 - 01:27 PM Edited by josephene123, 25 January 2016 - 01:34 PM.

Why the hell does there need to be another thread for this... There is already a story DLC thread, and the only reason it's still open is so that other ones like this wouldn't be opened in its place.

Speculation is fine, but speculation as stubborn and unrealistic as this needs to go. Have you not learned anything from your ridiculous "I trust Rockstar to surprise us with other cities" spam back in the weeks before GTA V's release?

Sigh, if you really want contribution, I wouldn't want North Yankton at all. It looked a boring, grey, dreary place - I have no idea why people ever wanted this place for DLC.
  • Fuzzknuckles, Official General and Maibatsu545 like this

Nick Testbranch
  • Nick Testbranch

Offending Mimes Everywhere.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:14 PM

Lol,a wishlist with minimal sources and outside of a thread with bad discussion going on already. 1/5 thread

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:19 PM

Why the hell does there need to be another thread for this... There is already a story DLC thread, and the only reason it's still open is so that other ones like this wouldn't be opened in its place.

Speculation is fine, but speculation as stubborn and unrealistic as this needs to go. Have you not learned anything from your ridiculous "I trust Rockstar to surprise us with other cities" spam back in the weeks before GTA V's release?

Sigh, if you really want contribution, I wouldn't want North Yankton at all. It looked a boring, grey, dreary place - I have no idea why people ever wanted this place for DLC.

I'm not sure why it's OK for people to have spent a couple of years speculating wildly about V before it was released, but speculating wildly about DLC is somehow different and frowned upon. 

I mean, the stuff people imagined was going to be in V prior to it coming out was quite ridiculous, as ridiculous as what people are saying here, really - in fact, some of it is exactly the same. 

But yeah, N. Yankton - I've never understood why people think it's so great. It's just got snow, that seems to be the one thing people universally rate it for - it has snow. And not really much else. The area itself is largely empty and you get to see most of it in the intro anyway - what's the point in going back there for more when it's already served it's purpose to the story. How many more jobs could Michael have done there other than the prologue job? He'd be literally the only criminal in the whole town and even small town idiot cops can work out where all the crime is coming from. 

FriendlyFireOFF
  • FriendlyFireOFF

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:45 PM Edited by FriendlyFireOFF, 26 January 2016 - 05:46 PM.

The more I think about it the more I think that if each character has it's own city and adventures then surely we've pretty much got the best part of the next gta game??!! Not GTA VI by any means but this sounds too big to be Story DLC if released at the same time.

Have Niko as a 4th playable character to fully tie things up with Liberty City quite nicely.

This of course now gives R* x 3 areas to play with in GTAO. $$$$$$$

Maybe that was one of the reasons The Benz wanted out. He wanted them to move on to a new city, characters but the Housers did not.....

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:06 PM

Not this sh*t again...

RushiAkimoya
  • RushiAkimoya

You Piece of Trash!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:21 PM

2_1438774391.gif

What!!!??? Another DLC thread? Why? Why would someone do something like this?

Holy f*cking sh*thole!!

• Nick Testbranch and Glory Holin' like this

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Tech Knight

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:24 PM

As many people pointed out LV and SF are unrealistic at best and totally f*cking insane at the worst. As some pointed out, it took a f*ckload of money and time to make LS alone, do you seriously expect them to make two almost equally sized cities in half the time and in probably half the budget? Even if every single person who has GTA V bought the DLCs, they will not make as much money as they would if they released them as part of their own stand alone games. I could go into more detail but I see people are already talking extensively on how it is financially unrealistic. 

I'm mainly gonna talk about reasoning. WHY does GTA V have to have SF and LV? As I said before and as I'm gonna say a thousand times again. GTA V is NOT San Andreas 2. This interpretation of southern California is a totally different vision, it's a totally different entity, it borrows from the same inspirations but it is completely different in how they executed it. Not every single iteration of San Andreas has to have all 3 cities. The first iteration was only based on San Francisco and what did they do with SA? They changed it to a whole state and now in GTA V, it's a more focused vision towards southern California. I seriously just hate seeing people wanting SF and LV cause when I ask them why, their answer is almost always "Because San Andreas had them" well this isn't San Andreas and expecting them to do the same thing they did last time is not only setting up unrealistic expectation but you are setting creative limits to what Rockstar should or should not do and it encourages repetition. I mean I wish they would make GTA VI in a new city, or maybe touch on a city they only did once like Anywhere City or London. 

• Fuzzknuckles, Al3x_XXI, RushiAkimoya and 1 other like this

ABCDOGGY ginette
  • ABCDOGGY ginette

Screaming out cusswords like f*ck you ho

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:31 PM

It takes so much time and work for Rockstart to release a Grand Theft Auto game in this day in age that i'm fairly sure they can only release ONE game per generation of consoles. So that means we're a good 4-5 years away from the next GTA,

We need a true next gen GTA and to me it definitly means that some sort of SP DLC is on the way and it will be the ultimate next gen GTA experience. If they don't release something that truly takes advantage of all the power of the new consoles GTA V will be remembered as a PS3/360 game. Like I said we ain't waiting till next gen to play a new game.

CarlitoDorito
  • CarlitoDorito

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:40 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if another map was added. I remember a article a few months back, it was posted on here, about how much of a miracle it was to get V on last gen, some guy with knowledge saying how the game was made. IV's DLC was years ahead of its time in terms of size and value for money and the prospect of a big one for V is an exciting idea. It's just an idea right now, rather than a thing we can say without doubt is coming :(

Apparently the rockstar devs work hard. Or have connections to the illuminati some say. It's possible Dan Houser stands behind them with a chainsaw, giving them a little wink when they turn around, the patented 'Dan Houser code dammit code or die wink'. I wouldn't take all key members are working on online as a definitive no, there are other people in the offices (evil lair). Many topics covered.

kBlaise
  • kBlaise

"We're two hombres in a strange town..."

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:20 PM

TL;DR post - the likelyhood of cities being added to V/Online in the next 2 years, according to me:

Liberty: 30%
San Fierro: 5%
Las Venturas: 2%

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2016 - 10:42 PM

I'm not sure why it's OK for people to have spent a couple of years speculating wildly about V before it was released, but speculating wildly about DLC is somehow different and frowned upon. 

I mean, the stuff people imagined was going to be in V prior to it coming out was quite ridiculous, as ridiculous as what people are saying here, really - in fact, some of it is exactly the same. 

But yeah, N. Yankton - I've never understood why people think it's so great. It's just got snow, that seems to be the one thing people universally rate it for - it has snow. And not really much else. The area itself is largely empty and you get to see most of it in the intro anyway - what's the point in going back there for more when it's already served it's purpose to the story. How many more jobs could Michael have done there other than the prologue job? He'd be literally the only criminal in the whole town and even small town idiot cops can work out where all the crime is coming from.

@ Fuzz

You may have a point about people being reasonable in speculating SP DLC, but don't talk such exaggerated rubbish. Most speculation regarding V before it was released was the usual GTA content about various interactive features, interiors, ped AI, gangs, random street crime, etc, realistic stuff. What wild speculations about did you see so frequently ? I barely saw that unless I missed something.

I'm in agreement with you and josephene on NY, for the life of me I don't get the obsession with it.

VicePoint
  • VicePoint

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • Colombia

Posted 26 January 2016 - 10:50 PM

This is probably the exact same ENB used in that photo.

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:53 PM Edited by Irrational, 26 January 2016 - 11:55 PM.

The OP actually provides a decent amount of evidence, of course, it is not enough to make us hold our breaths, but that is the strongest hypothesis I've seen thus far about the addition of San Fierro and Las Venturas into the game.

To give the OP some more merit, let's remember R* in 1999, back then it used to be a fodder company at best, yet, GTA London 1969 brought us a city that was the same size as the three others that GTA 1 had, and despite the first expansion pack not selling too well, R* released a second one for free which brought us yet another city (Manchester) which was also the same size as the others.

Of course, maps are nowhere near as easy to do as they used to be, but R* has also become a giant over the years.

• .Smaher. likes this

Markhayzy
  • Markhayzy

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:17 AM

The thing that makes multiple cities or some map extension possible is the time it has took if they are releasing SP DLC.
Also The fact that when Rockstar were asked about SP DLC they answered very cryptically "The team that LAUNCHED GTAV are currently focused with online"
That just reads to me that theres another team that had nothing to do with the LAUNCH of V but has been working purely on the DLC since release of V due to it being a massive undertaking.
Rockstar could have just said NO! Theres no SPDLC...but they consistently refuse to.
Plus theres that mention of "very exciting story DLC" in 2014.
I believe

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:21 AM

It's not easy to simply add San Fierro and Las Venturas into the game. The only way they can add them in my view, taking the time and project/marketing cost constraints, is through another "North Yankton"-type of design in its presentation, meaning not entire city(ies) but certain portions limited to a particular number of mission(s).
A separate, detailed entire city, and even, multiple cities, as a SP DLC, is going to be more time consuming and cost-intensive, making it a lot of sense for a separate game altogether with plenty of scope to fully realise its potential. I mean, the current map of V itself feels empty, and lacking so much, full of untapped potential, and expecting more, additional city(ies), sounds like are you kidding???
I would love to see this fairy tale turn into a reality myself, so don't get me wrong, but the developers do not run some junior high club but are running a company with the balance sheet ratio that don't represent returns on "tons of ideas", but on investments, so I dunno, if one puts in a fair amount of thought then how does this actually translate into an exciting proposition, for the current games SP DLC???

VenomsnakeVII
  • VenomsnakeVII

RDR2 Drought Fighter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:42 AM

anybody here still wishing the casino and track were open before a map?

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:44 AM

anybody here still wishing the casino and track were open before a map?

I don't know really. If they were to Open first, they then could be used to lead into the SP Expansion, which could include different Maps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users