Photo

How would you improve GTA III's story?

31 replies to this topic
Honker1944
  • Honker1944

Playa

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 January 2016 - 10:01 PM Edited by Honker1944, 24 January 2016 - 10:03 PM.

I have seen similar topic in Iv section so why not make something like that in III-I thought. Only beginning and ending was intersting me in that game so it's many to change.

Mr.ClaudeFan
  • Mr.ClaudeFan

Lord of Liberty (City)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2016 - 04:06 AM

Give Claude some dialogue or backstory at least? Would be good to hear his reasoning or justification on why he just kills Salvatore and Kenji without any remorse whatsoever. I would also take Maria out of the story, because I hate her more than I hate driving in Shoreside Vale, but then again, she's the reason why the rest of the game (past Portland) happens anyway. Other than that, I think the story is just fine. Not as good as San Andreas or IV though, but that's just opinion.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Not feelin' up to it right now, sorry.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:03 PM

I would just spare Asuka and Marty Chonks. On the other hand Joey, Luigi, Love and Toni could be killed. Maybe an additional face-to-face meet with Catalina, altering the final mission so you actually get the ability to spill her guts out with a Shotgun. Also more info for what happened to Maria.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:55 AM

I would have liked for more Missions to be based in Shoreside Vale. It's very under-utilised as it is currently.

• Misunderstood, Hardluck and Ivan1997GTA like this

Honker1944
  • Honker1944

Playa

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 30 January 2016 - 09:35 AM

@Jeansowaty
It would made him 3D era Trevor. Your idea seriously reminds me Mr.Phillips mission. And I don't see the point why he would do that. They don't betray him...
  • Sergiu likes this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:19 PM

@Jeansowaty
It would made him 3D era Trevor. Your idea seriously reminds me Mr.Phillips mission. And I don't see the point why he would do that. They don't betray him...

The Leones as a whole have spats with him, don't forget that. I also disliked Love as a whole, I wish that Darkel's Love Hurts mission wouldn't be cut, if it was in the Alpha/BETA... and in my honest opinion, Claude is already like Trevor, just without his loudmouthed tendencies...

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:15 PM

and in my honest opinion, Claude is already like Trevor, just without his loudmouthed tendencies...

Is Claude a lover of incest or something?
  • B Dawg, Arsen Vitiuk, Mr. Fartenhate and 1 other like this

mariolatif
  • mariolatif

GTA San Andreas Lover

• New Members
  • Egypt

Posted 01 February 2016 - 12:14 PM

Releasing DYOM version like GTA San Andreas one :) So we'll be enjoying more and more and more awesome missions made by us and the other members :)

I really enjoy that in GTA San Andreas.. and hope GTA 3 would have that too ^_^

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 02 February 2016 - 05:21 PM Edited by Jeansowaty, 02 February 2016 - 05:22 PM.

and in my honest opinion, Claude is already like Trevor, just without his loudmouthed tendencies...

Is Claude a lover of incest or something?

No, not that. He's like him in the sense he'd kill anyone in the most brutal ways possible regardless of who they are. He doesn't care about that.

Honker1944
  • Honker1944

Playa

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:31 PM

One men army.He kills CIA agents like flying rats this describe him fully nothing more or less to say.

BlackSnow176
  • BlackSnow176

Cat in Shoes

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:54 AM Edited by BlackSnow176, 04 February 2016 - 08:55 AM.

Improve GTA III's story? Is it even possible? :blink:

I'd only add minor gameplay elements such as motorbikes, make the game more difficult, and perhaps add licensed songs (with no nü-metal, boybands or Britney Spears whatsoever). I think the story was perfect the way it was. I think the characters were also perfect the way they are, especially Claude being a misterious man of few words. It was the perfect revenge story with the perfect setting. 

Cornholio83
  • Cornholio83

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:01 PM

To be honest the only thing I can think of is maybe a bit more interaction with the Leones beyond the first third of the game - fighting off a hit attempt maybe, I don't know. Even on that I'm not 100% sure though, loved the story as it was. Damn I'm getting the urge to dust off my PS2 again just typing this..

• BlackSnow176 likes this

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 05 February 2016 - 10:37 PM

It's boggling that someone would suggest including dialogue from Claude. His silence was his strongest characteristic, and enabled the player to freely insert their own thoughts into the story line. As for the story, I'm not sure if there's anything I would change.

• GTAKid667, Mr. Fartenhate and BlackSnow176 like this

Mr. Fartenhate
  • Mr. Fartenhate

🔺

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 06 February 2016 - 07:17 AM Edited by Mr. Fahrenheit, 06 February 2016 - 07:19 AM.

Add more depth into characters, especially the hooker Luigi makes you get and is never mentioned again. There should be more to characters than 'he does pr0n and runs a gang' or 'she has a thing for vacations and cut that guy's dick off that one time in fort staunton'.

It's boggling that someone would suggest including dialogue from Claude. His silence was his strongest characteristic, and enabled the player to freely insert their own thoughts into the story line. As for the story, I'm not sure if there's anything I would change.

Agreed completely.
  • Queen, Payne Killer and BlackSnow176 like this

thisdjjdasiaa
  • thisdjjdasiaa

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:50 AM

lol i think i get what u mean, for me the fact he didn't speak was like the only relatable thing :)

---

i like the story as it is i guess

maybe if asuka stayed alive yea, i was kind of "sad" when she dies

• Queen and BlackSnow176 like this

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:57 PM

I might be in the minority, but I would want Asuka to stay dead. If the game was lacking anything, it was emotional pull, and that was one of the few moments that the player might actually feel any emotion. All great stories need some tragedy. It makes it more interesting.

• thisdjjdasiaa and BlackSnow176 like this

Honker1944
  • Honker1944

Playa

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:18 PM

More missions in last part of town. Becouse we have only missions for D-Ice and Exchange so it isn`t more. Maybe Claude could create an own gang recruting some lc scums...

And that mission to kill Donald Love using Dodo :devil:

• Queen likes this

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:55 PM

And how would he recruit people if he doesn't talk? :lol:

But yeah, I've got to agree with you about Shorside Vale. That part of the map always felt like an after thought.

Honker1944
  • Honker1944

Playa

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 February 2016 - 05:53 PM

He could use pager instead...

KnowDude
  • KnowDude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:08 PM

I would've wished for longer or more consequences, for example the mafia busting your balls until you beat them in the penultimate mission before beating the Cartel. The Italians basically stop haunting you after you kill the death squad they send to Staunton Island after Sal's assassination.

Also, Shoreside Vale is a mess, it's a pain in the ass that there is no direct connection between Wichita Gardens and Pike Creek, that's why I almost never save in Wichita Gardens.  :lol:

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 March 2016 - 02:30 AM Edited by Journey_95, 04 March 2016 - 02:32 AM.

I'm not a fan of Claude a lot so I would give him a voice and a good backstory.

I hate blank slate protags

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Founder

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 31 March 2016 - 05:55 PM Edited by Arsen Vitiuk, 31 March 2016 - 05:55 PM.

Although I realise it was made into a good turning point, I would nonetheless change the part about "Last Requests" - I can only wish Salvatore did not betray Claude because of that stupid bitch Maria. Of course, the story would be whole lot different then (save for Donald Love, King Courtney and D-Ice missions), but just imagine for a moment how Claude helps Salvatore regain the glory his family eventually lost - pushing against Diablos to take back Hepburn Heights, wiping out the Triads and controlling Chinatown again, eventually destroying the Yakuza with DL's help ("Waka-Gashira Wipeout!" would fit in just fine!) and, in the end, making a final push to kill Catalina, destroy the Cartel and establish monopoly on drug trade and various other businesses in the city?

• GTAKid667 and Ivan1997GTA like this

crashoverride93
  • crashoverride93

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2016 - 05:13 AM

this sounds intresting arsen

DimitriFaustin
  • DimitriFaustin

Carjacked in Hilltown

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:45 AM

Count me in as a part of the minority here... "drum roll" I wish Claude was a talking protagonist. But I do understand and respect why R* chose to have a silent protagonist.

Also, Shoreside Vale is a mess, it's a pain in the ass that there is no direct connection between Wichita Gardens and Pike Creek, that's why I almost never save in Wichita Gardens.  :lol:

I 100% agree with you.

• Journey_95 likes this

EddoWilliams2016
  • EddoWilliams2016

Gone...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 April 2016 - 06:18 AM Edited by EddoWilliams2016, 11 April 2016 - 06:18 AM.

The game would be better if it ended like this:

[Claude and Maria walk down the sidewalk in Pike Creek.]

Maria: "I broke a nail and my hair is ruined can you believe it? This one cost me fifty dollars!"

[Toni Cipriani, with the use of a sniper rifle. Shoots Maria straight in the head.]

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 April 2016 - 06:12 PM

The game would be better if it ended like this:

[Claude and Maria walk down the sidewalk in Pike Creek.]

Maria: "I broke a nail and my hair is ruined can you believe it? This one cost me fifty dollars!"

[Toni Cipriani, with the use of a sniper rifle. Shoots Maria straight in the head.]

And Claude walks away not even noticing a thing.

creepyguy
  • creepyguy

Boy Toy

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 13 April 2016 - 12:12 PM

After the final mission:

Claude shows Maria a diamond ring and she puts it on her middle finger saying finally the character's name:

- Oh Claude thank you so much,I will marry you!

Claude finally speaking,but is amnesiac and forgets her name:

- Will you marry me,Catalina?

There's a cutscene where Maria shoots him instead of him shooting her!  :lol:

• LeakyLine likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 13 April 2016 - 12:26 PM

But yeah, I've got to agree with you about Shorside Vale. That part of the map always felt like an after thought.

Yes, it shows. As you progress through the Game, the attention to detail drops sharply. Compare the Ratio of Buildings to Roads from Portland, and Staunton Islands, to Shoreside Vale. It's dis-proportionally stacked heavily to the latter in SSV's case.

It may not be exact, but its a Metric I use.

EddoWilliams2016
  • EddoWilliams2016

Gone...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 April 2016 - 03:07 PM Edited by EddoWilliams2016, 15 April 2016 - 12:07 PM.

Well, here's another one but this one is meant to take place when you run out of time in the final mission:

[Claude is shooting down Catalina's chopper, but is unable shoot it down because the chopper's pilot is trained to dodge rockets.]

[The pilot launches a couple of rockets at Claude and Maria thus killing them and flies the chopper away.]

[Claude survives, the 'Mission Failed!' text appears on the screen. You gain a two-star wanted level and any remaining Cartel gang members you forgot to kill attack you.]

EddoWilliams2016
  • EddoWilliams2016

Gone...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 April 2016 - 11:31 AM

I think that the game would be better if it had longer storyline, more characters (The removed characters: Darkel, Curtly and Novy would just fit in fine!). Ability to replay the mission "Rumble", a mission where you fly a Dodo plane into Love Media building and a bonus mission that takes place after the mission 'The Exchange' where you have to chase Maria down and kill her.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users