How can i play GTA V with mods without any big FPS lose that comes fro

48 replies to this topic
MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Inventor

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 April 2016 - 04:03 PM

Nobody knows what i can do? Does the 2 screenshots i post above help in any way?

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 12 April 2016 - 12:21 AM

You need to find out your actual CPU usage while running GTA5. 9% is not correct.

• MrGTAmodsgerman likes this

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Inventor

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:56 PM Edited by MrGTAmodsgerman, 21 April 2016 - 07:58 PM.

You need to find out your actual CPU usage while running GTA5. 9% is not correct.

With or without .Net ?

With GTA 5 Start menu or with current running option?

Weirdoutworld
  • Weirdoutworld

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:51 PM

Download MSI Afterburner and configure you "on screen display" for CPU/gpu usage% and temp. Also FPS. I'm using a laptop and havnt noticed any difference in anything using scripthookV, scripthookVdotnet & grapple hook mod. 980m i7-4720. Something is going on with your CPU is my guess. Kill all advanced settings and only use mfaa in NCP & fxaa in-game. 9% CPU usage in-game can't be right...

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Inventor

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:15 AM

Download MSI Afterburner and configure you "on screen display" for CPU/gpu usage% and temp. Also FPS. I'm using a laptop and havnt noticed any difference in anything using scripthookV, scripthookVdotnet & grapple hook mod. 980m i7-4720. Something is going on with your CPU is my guess. Kill all advanced settings and only use mfaa in NCP & fxaa in-game. 9% CPU usage in-game can't be right...

I dont get how i can enable the "on screen display". I install MSI Afterburner and set keys for all text boxes but when i press whatever of these keys, nothing appears. What i need to do?

Weirdoutworld
  • Weirdoutworld

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:14 PM

(The program that comes with MSI afterburner. purple screen on PC icon. ) the riveta statistic server or w.e. it's called. Open that to configure your on screen display. You will need to mess with it for a WHILE to get your OSD where you want it. For me I placed it right next to the map in the lower left corner.

gamefriik200
  • gamefriik200

Thug

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 02 May 2016 - 02:53 PM

sh*t boi

I have the same GPU but my CPU is i7-4790K

What mods r u using?

Because I have Miracle Of V, every police car(except prison bus, bike and transport van) replaced by other models, plus gun mods and also trainer n stuff

I only get about 5FPS Drop

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Inventor

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:02 PM

(The program that comes with MSI afterburner. purple screen on PC icon. ) the riveta statistic server or w.e. it's called. Open that to configure your on screen display. You will need to mess with it for a WHILE to get your OSD where you want it. For me I placed it right next to the map in the lower left corner.

I install MSI Afterburner and set keys for all text boxes but when i press whatever of these keys i set, nothing appears. What i need to do?

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Inventor

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:10 PM Edited by MrGTAmodsgerman, 19 June 2016 - 04:03 AM.

sh*t boi

What mods r u using?

Because I have Miracle Of V, every police car(except prison bus, bike and transport van) replaced by other models, plus gun mods and also trainer n stuff

I currently remove alot of ScriptHook.Net scripts, now i only have Map Editor, Sitting mod,Autopilot on plane mod and WorkingHotdogVendors. Nothing else now! But when i start GTA V and open up the menu of the Map Editor mod, my fps drops from 60 to 33 FPS then. I still have nothing like these issues on Asi scripts but .NET scripts and alot of RPF Mods turn my game into a bad computer.

Why the hell this happend to me?? Why does nobody knows a directly solution? Isnt there anybody else that have the same problems?

This will be a very long thread

chrischaan
  • chrischaan

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:35 PM Edited by chrischaan, 10 January 2017 - 09:39 PM.

sh*t boi

What mods r u using?

I currently remove alot of ScriptHook.Net scripts, now i only have Map Editor, Sitting mod,Autopilot on plane mod and WorkingHotdogVendors. Nothing else now! But when i start GTA V and open up the menu of the Map Editor mod, my fps drops from 60 to 33 FPS then. I still have nothing like these issues on Asi scripts but .NET scripts and alot of RPF Mods turn my game into a bad computer.

Why the hell this happend to me?? Why does nobody knows a directly solution? Isnt there anybody else that have the same problems?

I don't know if your problem still persists, but I had exactly the same symptoms while playing with scripts as you had. And the culprit was: Sitting Mod. If I enable the mod, the FPS decrease immediately by min. 30FPS and if I abstract the informations of your last post, I assume that you never deleted this one. Yeah, it was on my suspect list very down below, too, but you never know. Just one piece of (sh*t-) code in a script can ruin everything ;)

P.S.: I just entered this forum right now to share this info, cause it cost me some hours of my life to find this one and I hope someone else now does not have to struggle as long as me with that!

Edit: P.P.S.: Just in case, Single Player Apartement can decrease all over performance easily by 15FPS ;)

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Inventor

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:38 PM

sh*t boi

What mods r u using?

I don't know if your problem still persists, but I had exactly the same symptoms while playing with scripts as you had. And the culprit was: Sitting Mod. If I enable the mod, the FPS decrease immediately by min. 30FPS and if I abstract the informations of your last post, I assume that you never deleted this one. Yeah, it was on my suspect list very down below, too, but you never know. Just one piece of (sh*t-) code in a script can ruin everything ;)

P.S.: I just entered this forum right now to share this info, cause it cost me some hours of my life to find this one and I hope someone else now does not have to struggle as long as me with that!

Edit: P.P.S.: Just in case, Single Player Apartement can decrease all over performance easily by 15FPS ;)

Yea, i can update this problem. The main problem is NativeUI! Every f*cking scripter use it but it crash my FPS down to 30 like you. So Sitting Mod, Map Editor, Single Player Apartment, Bennys Motorworks mod and all these use NativeUI which decrease your FPS to 30 once a menu open. Idk what the problem is to create a own menu, and idk what the problem is to don't use it. Why does noone care about this? I was wating soo long for someone that rewrite and update Single Player Apartment mod as an  ASI script, without NativeUI and get up out of bed animation which the creator ignore because he act like a dick.

This needs to be get populated! And Gudmaz the creator of NativeUI knows about that problem, but can't fix it or is left or something

• chrischaan likes this

chrischaan
  • chrischaan

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 January 2017 - 03:57 AM Edited by chrischaan, 23 January 2017 - 04:02 AM.

sh*t boi

What mods r u using?

Yea, i can update this problem. The main problem is NativeUI! Every f*cking scripter use it but it crash my FPS down to 30 like you. So Sitting Mod, Map Editor, Single Player Apartment, Bennys Motorworks mod and all these use NativeUI which decrease your FPS to 30 once a menu open. Idk what the problem is to create a own menu, and idk what the problem is to don't use it. Why does noone care about this? I was wating soo long for someone that rewrite and update Single Player Apartment mod as an  ASI script, without NativeUI and get up out of bed animation which the creator ignore because he act like a dick.

This needs to be get populated! And Gudmaz the creator of NativeUI knows about that problem, but can't fix it or is left or something

Oh okay, so NativeUI is the real culrpit. I tried several things added to the map via map editor, but everything more or less decreased performance a way too much. So good to know that this is maybe linked to NativeUI, too. I didn't follow up the development of NativeUI, because I entered the modding world of gta 5 recently, but according to developers github there wasn't a commit the last couple of month :( so development seems to be more or less paused :p  Furthermore there seems to be no issue reported which totally fits our problem, only this one belongs to peformance: https://github.com/G...iveUI/issues/12. So maybe another issue marker could wake up the dev and motivate him to dig in the code for fixes/improvements?! =D I will now check my other installed mods if there are any mods left using NativeUI, even so my performance right now is still very good with a lot of mods installed, after uninstalling Sitting Mod and SPA. Bennys Motorworks was on my watch list, but as it seems bugged anyway after last update, I didn't try it yet. Thanks for sharing your info!

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Inventor

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:58 PM

sh*t boi

What mods r u using?

Oh okay, so NativeUI is the real culrpit. I tried several things added to the map via map editor, but everything more or less decreased performance a way too much. So good to know that this is maybe linked to NativeUI, too. I didn't follow up the development of NativeUI, because I entered the modding world of gta 5 recently, but according to developers github there wasn't a commit the last couple of month :( so development seems to be more or less paused :p  Furthermore there seems to be no issue reported which totally fits our problem, only this one belongs to peformance: https://github.com/G...iveUI/issues/12. So maybe another issue marker could wake up the dev and motivate him to dig in the code for fixes/improvements?! =D I will now check my other installed mods if there are any mods left using NativeUI, even so my performance right now is still very good with a lot of mods installed, after uninstalling Sitting Mod and SPA. Bennys Motorworks was on my watch list, but as it seems bugged anyway after last update, I didn't try it yet. Thanks for sharing your info!

We need to compare the pc specs with out users that still have no problem with the peformence. It makes me angry that some people still play with a NativeUI menu open at more than 30 FPS. How the hell if i have a very great pc? I still have alot of .Net packages installed and so on. Maybe its a Windows problem? So, whats your OS?

chrischaan
  • chrischaan

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 January 2017 - 05:55 AM Edited by chrischaan, 25 January 2017 - 06:06 AM.

sh*t boi

What mods r u using?

We need to compare the pc specs with out users that still have no problem with the peformence. It makes me angry that some people still play with a NativeUI menu open at more than 30 FPS. How the hell if i have a very great pc? I still have alot of .Net packages installed and so on. Maybe its a Windows problem? So, whats your OS?

Win 10 x64, a fresh installation at the end of 2016 cause I got a new SSD. Rest of specs: 3570k @ 4,3GHz, GTX 970 which boosts up to 1400 MHz core clock. Most of the time I have 50-60 FPS @1080p everything maxed out, except grass quality/density. For me it didn't make any differences if I opened up the menu or not. Only installing Sitting mod decreases performance in Franklins house from around 55-60 to 30-35 FPS. Interesting is, that the workload of the GPU drops from around 90% to 50%, so I think CPU is limiting the hole thing (workload close to 90%), which, in my opinion, definitely leads to a proplem with either sitting mod itself or its access to NativeUI libs and not a hardware "fault". VSync was off for the hole time of testing. FPS, workload and so on were measured with MSI Afterburner + Riva Tuner Statistics.

I dunno, are there really any knowledeable reports of guys who still can achieve 60FPS?! Even a nvidia Titan wouldn't give you more FPS, cause as I stated above, GPU is more or less idling. And a better CPU? Maybe a real 8 core? I don't think GTA 5 handles that good with more than 4 cores =D Not to mention that 4 cores shouldn't catch a gap of 30FPS =D Although I have no proofs for these theses, the fact that there must a problem in mods code, is pretty clear to me :p Only other mod with NativeUI usage I tested was SPA and it decreased FPS "only" by 15 over the whole map, which is still unacceptable for me. I think sitting mod is maybe a special candidate where both comes together: bug in code/bad code of sitting mod itself + poor performance of NativeUI (which I personally couldn't proof yet).

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Inventor

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:57 PM Edited by MrGTAmodsgerman, 25 January 2017 - 10:00 PM.

What happend when you using Map Editor? How much FPS got you when the menu is open or off? For me it drops from 60 to 30. But with this mod its much more unstable than otheres cuz many times i only can play with 45-50 FPS.

Win 10 x64, a fresh installation at the end of 2016 cause I got a new SSD. Rest of specs: 3570k @ 4,3GHz, GTX 970 which boosts up to 1400 MHz core clock. Most of the time I have 50-60 FPS @1080p everything maxed out, except grass quality/density. For me it didn't make any differences if I opened up the menu or not. Only installing Sitting mod decreases performance in Franklins house from around 55-60 to 30-35 FPS. Interesting is, that the workload of the GPU drops from around 90% to 50%, so I think CPU is limiting the hole thing (workload close to 90%), which, in my opinion, definitely leads to a proplem with either sitting mod itself or its access to NativeUI libs and not a hardware "fault". VSync was off for the hole time of testing. FPS, workload and so on were measured with MSI Afterburner + Riva Tuner Statistics.

I dunno, are there really any knowledeable reports of guys who still can achieve 60FPS?! Even a nvidia Titan wouldn't give you more FPS, cause as I stated above, GPU is more or less idling. And a better CPU? Maybe a real 8 core? I don't think GTA 5 handles that good with more than 4 cores =D Not to mention that 4 cores shouldn't catch a gap of 30FPS =D Although I have no proofs for these theses, the fact that there must a problem in mods code, is pretty clear to me :p Only other mod with NativeUI usage I tested was SPA and it decreased FPS "only" by 15 over the whole map, which is still unacceptable for me. I think sitting mod is maybe a special candidate where both comes together: bug in code/bad code of sitting mod itself + poor performance of NativeUI (which I personally couldn't proof yet).

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Inventor

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 February 2017 - 01:33 PM Edited by MrGTAmodsgerman, 07 February 2017 - 01:34 PM.

Read the last comments on my tread there! https://forums.gta5-...eased-script/27

Einfach geil was er geschafft hat bis jetzt. Das könnte was werden

@chrischaan

chrischaan
  • chrischaan

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:04 PM Edited by chrischaan, 11 February 2017 - 07:14 PM.

What happend when you using Map Editor? How much FPS got you when the menu is open or off? For me it drops from 60 to 30. But with this mod its much more unstable than otheres cuz many times i only can play with 45-50 FPS.

When the menu of map editor is opened it definitely gives a heavy fps drop, but i don't remember how much exactly and in the moment I don't have the possibility to check it out myself cause i'm moving. I think most of the people who don't realize the fps drops have an actual high end card (1070/1080 or above) and VSync on with a 60Hz Monitor and the frame rate never drops below :p

Read the last comments on my tread there! https://forums.gta5-...eased-script/27

@chrischaan

This looks indeed very promising! Thanks for the hint, will follow future discussion ;)

Edit: a fps drop from 60 to exactly 30fps points at active ingame VSync, cause the vysnc of gta 5 seems to be very unpolished. When my fps drops below 60frames with active ingame vysnc, it goes straight down to 30fps. To workaround that, I force vysnc via nvidia driver settings and disable it ingame. So you can have lets say 45fps vysnced (without a completely drop to 30fps) :p Sometimes, after first start of gta, nvidias vsync won't work either, then you have to enable and disable ingame vsync once, like a workaround in a workaround :p Too sad, Rockstar gives a sh*t about PC community since GTA IV and never fixed this vsync bug...

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Inventor

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 February 2017 - 01:17 AM

When the menu of map editor is opened it definitely gives a heavy fps drop, but i don't remember how much exactly and in the moment I don't have the possibility to check it out myself cause i'm moving. I think most of the people who don't realize the fps drops have an actual high end card (1070/1080 or above) and VSync on with a 60Hz Monitor and the frame rate never drops below :p

@chrischaan

This looks indeed very promising! Thanks for the hint, will follow future discussion ;)

Edit: a fps drop from 60 to exactly 30fps points at active ingame VSync, cause the vysnc of gta 5 seems to be very unpolished. When my fps drops below 60frames with active ingame vysnc, it goes straight down to 30fps. To workaround that, I force vysnc via nvidia driver settings and disable it ingame. So you can have lets say 45fps vysnced (without a completely drop to 30fps) :p Sometimes, after first start of gta, nvidias vsync won't work either, then you have to enable and disable ingame vsync once, like a workaround in a workaround :p Too sad, Rockstar gives a sh*t about PC community since GTA IV and never fixed this vsync bug...

45 FPS are not acceptable! This is sh*t as hell. I should only lost 1 or 3 FPS with Menus! And i don't have Vsync enabled if i have that drop. And when i say it drops from 60 to 30, then it means 58-63 FPS drop to about 23-31 FPS

ExtraDip
  • ExtraDip

its ya boi extra dip come down to cluckin bell and just give us

• New Members
  • Macedonia

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:32 AM

I'm using about 10-12 scripts and 20 car mods. My FPS are constant at 55-60, so idk what's different with your game.

Do you play with full MSSAA?

you should toggle MSSAA off because it lags the texture loading time well sometimes so you might go on a highway or a road that is grey or the cars will look like they are floating a little of the ground

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users