Project Goals for 2017 [10% completed]

No replies to this topic
X-Seti
  • X-Seti

.Retro mod developer. (Xenon Brothers)

• Feroci
  • Mars
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:40 PM Edited by X-Seti, 26 January 2017 - 09:59 AM.

GTASOL Infusions 70.0 (FireBull) - Goals for 2017-2018:  [10% completed]

This page is WIP, I've strike through what is now defunct. This page serves as project notes only as content will change.

I have totally decided to drop Renderware for most projects apart from one project still outstanding and move on to a more modern game engine for SOL porting the maps that I have been working on for over a decade. (14 Years)  This totally goes against my beliefs about modding where I have said to others modding is all about bringing something new to an old game no longer supported by the developer. however it hasn't gone unnoticed that people are losing interested in SOL so I have to suck it up and move with the times.

I've been working lone wolf style so progress has been hard. if I am to produce something of top quality then I need people. 

Below is the old goals list I was struggling with last year finding time for the project (broken computer hardware and hard drives going bad) hopefully this year I'll find the time to commit a little more. (jump to note 16) for more details.

So from Jan 7th 2017 - I will begin again.

1. Remodel the original Rockstar models for Vice City districts;
Airport, Havana, Little Havana, Downtown, Starfish, Washington, North Beach. but half of this is already done.

2. Textures the above areas with the correct collision surface types and bump /speck maps.

43% done.

LOD issues on RW is now defunct as I was working on a mipmap system to replace LODS. but now we're moving to Rage those LOD problems shouldn't be an issue.

3. I'll be putting the those bloody LODs back. but remodeling these of course.

OLD (RW) Implement mipmap textures across the SOL map so there will be no need for LODs. Mipmaps asi isn't working - LODs, SLODs are needed for rage.

Pending (RW) Add more collision surface types. hacking correct limits.

OLD (RW mipmap) hacks partially done, still to do; textures will be switched instead of models depending line of sight and distance from the mipmapped objects

5. Design of LC in the style of GTAIV (keep GTAiV in rage version) umm.. now I can delete the old LC map.

6. Design of SA where LA and SF are on the west coast. I have decided the map should be more geographically correct This would involve rotating the SA map clockwise.

Tools below would assist this task. as paths, water, radar and SCM would all need to be updated.

7. (RW) Path/Radar editor. - I would like to allocate this task as part of img-factory
  I haven't looked into Path's and Radar tiles on Rage yet!!!

8. (RW) Water editor. - I would like to allocate this task as part of img-factory Water editor for Rage?

9. (RW) Text Editor, ID manager where you can shift ID's and have all the IPL's auto updated. This is more of a priority as I am adding new content into the game all the time and need to keep track of assets and keep related content together.

More organized game. !!!!

10. (RW) fix SOLcore hacks or Rewrite them. - Assigned to Yoshibird X-Seti
       Apply the Alpha Objects Limit.
       Surface collisions types limit increased. (done)
       2dfx array needs to be changed from ID index, to just Model name.
       Backward Culling hacks (done)

11. Port SOL map to Rage.

12. Port Gang Wars/ Tuff Wars / Liberty City Survivor to Rage.
      depends on Underground.

13. Walking Dead Mission mode. (SCM/ LUA scripted for VC/SA version)

14. Radio stations hacks to allow for SA and LC radios to be played. I decided to drop working on this.

15. Start game intro music. (Renderware) only update for VC.

16. Wait for GTA-Six (London?) to be released and online game modes to be discontinued from GTAV before I release anything for the first time for GTAV and not before. I don't want to get into any issues from Rockstar.

• Vikki_Suicide likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users