Photo

GTA VCS Special Vehicle Guide

790 replies to this topic
RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Glitchtor Vance

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by RationalPsycho, A week ago.

Cool finding! How did you find that the bike is on the roof?

Btw, I have problems with H/FP/PP Barracks OL. My taxis are despawning too. Also I can't see any traffic on the streets to find one. @RationalPsycho, where did you find your taxi?

Well, as you know, finding things doesn't quite work that way  :lol:  How should I describe it... I first found about this Ventoso and its spawn coordinates in the script. Recently, I read an older post of Bender.'s saying that the Ventoso is generated in the second cutscene inside the Mall, but he couldn't find it. Neither could I. Then I suddenly asked myself the question "what if it remains a mission-important vehicle until the mission is finished"? And, having gathered enough experience about marked vehicles in LCS (marked, mission-important and owned by script is basically one and the same), I assumed that it must have fallen through grey hell and respawned back on land, so I started to mess around for a bit; I used a helicopter to glitch my way into the underworld, found the Mall interior

Spoiler

and kept going down to see where exactly I spawn. After taking off, I accidentally noticed something unusual; a BMX on the roof. It was the one that starts "Mashin' Up The Mall" being teleported on the roof above its spawn point - the exact same as the Ventoso's. I went inside the Mall, hopped on the BMX, got back outside, and found two BMX on the roof. I memorized the observation. Today, I made the connection and asked "what if... FUKKEN' VENTOSO?!" and looked into the mission itself to see if I can find the bike, and I did  :O

And this is how things are generally discovered; researching, observing, coming up with ideas, asking the "what if" question, and putting the ideas to the test. Or sometimes by accident. This discovery had a bit of everything  :pp

About the Taxi for the Barracks OL, well, I found it on the street, driven by a non-player character, and it happened to be marked (so was the one Lennart - found), so it didn't disappear. Parked ones are never marked though, and there is no known consistent way to mark the ones driven by NPCs, so you have to be lucky. If you wait in front of the bridge for a while, chances are you'll find one. Don't take my word for it though. In this game, Taxis and Cabbies are very weird; they can't be left in memory, but can somehow be marked. Marked ones can be stored in garages, but are unmarked afterwards. This is also the case on PS2. No idea what's going on, really, so I can't help you much. If one has been marked before starting "From Zero to Hero", it might pass by as you wait on the bridge.

By the way:

Thanks for the credit  ;)

• Rachel Amber likes this

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Told ya' guys the bike spawn in mission, and its somewhere above you.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted A week ago Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, A week ago.

Good find!  Since it's Heavy, it's one of a kind and interesting it's so basic and can pass to get it and no OM0.

I'm sure SpriteFan274 will add it in...

Apologies for double-posting

You can do that as long as 1 Day has passed, at least for these Guide Topics.  But as you can see, 3 Weeks have passed, which is much longer, thus double posting isn't an issue...

Yerdna555
  • Yerdna555

Collector of special vehicles

• Members
  • Russia

Posted A week ago

Forbes'  Ventoso is unique or not? Too many times I've seen mention of him, but I still do not understand whether he is different from the usual.

And in general - I would like to understand the essence of the uniqueness of UH. Is it a flag that changes the manageability (and for each transport it is specific) or is it a numerical parameter assigned to the transport?

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Glitchtor Vance

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by RationalPsycho, 6 days ago.

To think this Ventoso was so simple all along :D Nice job hiding that one, Rockstar :^:

Oh, by the way, on PS2, although I haven't checked the mission, when I entered the Mall, after exiting it, I saw the BMX fall down from the roof, whereas on PSP, it always remains on top, so there is a slight chance the Ventoso might not be waiting on the roof. If it's not, then look around the area for a bit, and chances are you'll find it.

Forbes'  Ventoso is unique or not? Too many times I've seen mention of him, but I still do not understand whether he is different from the usual.

And in general - I would like to understand the essence of the uniqueness of UH. Is it a flag that changes the manageability (and for each transport it is specific) or is it a numerical parameter assigned to the transport?

It is a flag that sets the vehicle's handling; SET_CAR_TRACTION. You'll find the command in the LCS script as 0428, which pertains to "improve_handling". The VCS script doesn't say anything, but the flag is assigned as 0290. It is always accompanied by a multiplier. All vehicles technically have it, and the standard (the ones you find in traffic for example) is 1.0. If you see no "improve_handling" command in the script, no changes are made, so the value of the vehicle in question remains 1.0, as far as handling is concerned. If you see 1.0 multiplier in the script, handling is reset.

Now, the value is tweaked by the usage of the "improve_handling" command in some instances, usually to 2.0, in which case the vehicle's traction is supposedly doubled, but not always. For example, the Ventoso Forbes drives has an "improve_handling" value of 1.8, which is a bit lower than the one generated outside the bar in the same mission (2.0), so it handles slightly worse than the Ventoso given to you as a means of chasing him, hence its absence from the guide. The Ventoso from "Brawn of the Dead" has a multiplier of 1.5, which means it handles even worse than Forbes', but still better than a normal one (improve_handling = 1.0). The PCJ-600 from the races has a multiplier of either 1.1, 1.25 or 1.3, meaning that it handles slightly better than a regular one, so the difference is kinda hard to notice, but still there. The railshooter Freeway and Angel in LCS have a multiplier of 1.8, and while not 2.0, they still handle much better than their normal counterparts. The only interesting exception is the Faggiot from "Scooter Shooter", which has a value of 0.75, the only one lower than 1.0, so this means it actually handles WORSE than a standard Faggiot.

The weird thing is, this flag only seems to affect bikes in practice. You can alter a car's multiplier all you want, but when you drive it , you'll notice no difference whatsoever. For example, the opponents' Stinger, Cheetah, Infernus from the races and the Quad from "When Funday Comes" all have an "improve_handling" multiplier of either 1.1. 1.25 or 1.3, a Cuban Hermes from "Nice Package" has a value of 1.8, the Barracks OL from "Truck Stop" has a value of 1.1, a Quad from "Unfriendly Competition" has 2.0, but their handling is not affected at all, because Rockstar programming. In LCS, well, the Heavy Stinger, Bobcat, Patriot, Mr Whoopee and Cartel Cruiser from the railshooter missions all have a value of 1.8, the Yankee from "A Volatile Situation", the Triad Fish Vans from "The Trouble With Triads", the opponents' RC Bandit and the Trashmaster during "Trash Dash" have a multiplier of 2.0, but they are no different in practice.

This "improve_handling" property should NOT be confused with the Heavy property. Heavy vehicles tend to handle better than normal ones, but this has nothing to do with "improve_handling", or UH, as we call it here. For instance, you'll notice that the Heavy Stinger handles better than a normal one, so you'll compare it to ANOTHER Heavy Stinger with its "improve_handling" multiplier set to 1.0 (convert one with "A Volatile Situation"), in which case you'll notice no difference at all.

Told ya' guys the bike spawn in mission, and its somewhere above you.

When? I did read an older post of yours where you give information about the Ventoso, but as far as I can remember, you were unable to find it. Did you actually obtain the scooter and your post went unnoticed the entire time?

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I managed to just destroy it with blow all vehicles cheat, and something was blowing up on roof.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted A week ago Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, A week ago.

The PCJ-600 from the races has a multiplier of either 1.1, 1.25 or 1.3, meaning that it handles slightly better than a regular one, so the difference is kinda hard to notice, but still there.

How come the PCJ-600 has different Multipliers?  I have these Bikes and I actually notice a BIG difference.  The difference is noticeable, but nothing like 2.0.  But you can DEFINITELY feel something is not right with these.  If that would of been the case in LCS with the FP/PP/EC Bikes also being UH, I would of obtained them in their ultimate form, but for my current LCS Saves, I settled with EC Only for those Bikes instead of FP/PP/EC.  But if they were UH, I would of wanted the whole package.  In the past for old Saves I got those Bikes and to me, they are still some of the hardest and most boring Vehicles in all of LCS all for a basic FP Property as PP can be repeated at any time for them.  While in VCS, they are again rather useless, but I still like the fact they have that UH Property to them...

Also do you know WHICH Bikes have 1.3 or something, the highest?  I swear my Bikes in VCS feel a bit different to one another and I obtained 2 of these...

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Glitchtor Vance

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by RationalPsycho, A week ago.

Obviously, a single PCJ-600 can't have all three multipliers at once. According to the script, their "improve_handling" value is $5718. Nick007J once explained that in the races, $5718 means either 1.1, 1.25 or 1.3:

http://gtaforums.com...e/?p=1069575411

However, it's still unknown which one is which and when.

I swear my Bikes in VCS feel a bit different to one another and I obtained 2 of these...

This attracted my interest, so I obtained all three bikes from the exact same race (the one closest to Sunshine Autos). I barely noticed any difference between them though. I also obtained some from different races, and I think one of them handled ever-so-slightly worse than the initial three. But it could just have been the placebo effect. And to be honest, it's way too hard to actually notice a difference between 1.25 and 1.3, or even 1.1 in practice, no matter how much driving experience you have. The only valid confirmation at this point is from the script and the experts who can read it.

Powdinet
  • Powdinet

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted A week ago

Obviously, a single PCJ-600 can't have all three multipliers at once. According to the script, their "improve_handling" value is $5718. Nick007J once explained that in the races, $5718 means either 1.1, 1.25 or 1.3:

http://gtaforums.com...e/?p=1069575411

However, it's still unknown which one is which and when.

According to the script, these multipliers are applied when the cars spawn. On race 1 the AI cars will have 1.25, on races 2, 4, 8 and 9 they'll have 1.1 and the other races will have 1.3

• Lennart - and RationalPsycho like this

SpriteFan274
  • SpriteFan274

Player

• Members
  • Mars

Posted A week ago Edited by SpriteFan274, A week ago.

Great work on finding the H/UH/WP Ventoso! The normal UH Ventoso is not inferior because of the changed multiplier obviously. Though, I would love to see a Video on how it's obtained exactly with pass and add the Video into the Guide.

The H/UH/WP Ventoso is already in the Guide and explained.

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Glitchtor Vance

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago Edited by RationalPsycho, 3 days ago.

Woah, Powdinet is better than Nick007J :O

According to the script, these multipliers are applied when the cars spawn. On race 1 the AI cars will have 1.25, on races 2, 4, 8 and 9 they'll have 1.1 and the other races will have 1.3

This matches my observations (I'm a good driver :D). I initially obtained the PCJ-600 from race 3 (all three were identical), and then compared them to the bikes from other races. The ones I got from race 8 did handle slightly worse, and something was a tiny little bit off with the ones from race 1 (but were still better than the race 8 bikes). The rest was identical to the initial 3.

So, to recap, here is a list of races with the type of vehicle they require, as well as the traction multiplier assigned to them:

1) Bike (1.25)
2) Car (1.1)
3) Bike (1.3)
4) Car (1.1)
5) Bike (1.3)
6) Car (1.3)
7) Bike (1.3)
8) Bike (1.1)
9) Car (1.1)

Since races 2, 4, 6 and 9 require a car, they can be written off, as the multiplier has no effect on cars. And, to answer the question once and for all, the ideal races to get your PCJ-600 from are 3 (Port Sports - the one closest to Sunshine Autos, as well as a garage, so the most recommended one), 5 (Cuban Wheels) and 7 (High Stakes Highway).

EDIT: zazaza691 recently made a video translating the post I made explaining the PSP garage bug in Russian. I'll leave this here for Russian speakers:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users