Photo

GTA VCS Special Vehicle Guide

777 replies to this topic
TheGlitcher123100
  • TheGlitcher123100

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

To be honest I looked through the mission script I think all vehicle in VCS have been found the others might just be unobtainable all together I tried all non-cheating methods to get the stinger even the allproof forklift there's just no way the quad time trial method just crashes the game before unlocking the second island to me I think both VCS & LCS are finished with special vehicles I know Chinatown wars is finished there wasn't too many for that one.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 4 weeks ago

You should just use the Chinatown Wars Guide.  Whether everything is found or not, people like SpriteFan274 and Viv1d-Shadows are making Videos WITHOUT CheatDevice for this game.  We have Videos for MOST of them, but still need a few.  Nobody plays CW all that much, anyways, and 95% of the Special Vehicles can be obtained using Mission Replays, something that was discovered back in 2015.  It works for DS, PSP, Android, and iOS, too.  Specifically for Android and iOS, there is an AP Cabbie, as well.  But you can just comment in the CW Guide if you want to continue discussion of CW.  As for LCS/VCS, yeah, it looks like most of these are done.  As are III, VC, and SA.  It's why I am finishing up with the 3D Era GTA's and moving to the HD Era in a couple weeks time...Only the HD Era at this time needs to be heavily looked into.  3D Era is done with...

TheGlitcher123100
  • TheGlitcher123100

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

I have to admit even though VCS maybe at its end but it was fun working with everyone :) oh and I do have a video for the DP Armadillo but the AP conversion kinda beats it by a landslide :p btw since these gta games are done I'm going to work on something new I will only be uploading a demo when I get the time to finish it.
  • SpriteFan274 likes this

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Glitchtor Vance

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by RationalPsycho, 4 weeks ago.

Although kinda off-topic, it does help us obtain/convert new Special Vehicles. Lennart - discovered a way to bypass missions and unlock stuff earlier, a mini SSU if you wish:

So, if we can unlock later missions without completing "Got Protection?", things like H/EP/PP/TP/EC Sentinel XS, EP/PP/TP/TD Sentinel XS, EP/TD Sentinel and EP/PP/EC Stretch, are now possible. This does not affect percentage, as you don't need to dupe missions, and can complete "Got Protection?" any time you please.

Also, in "Light My Pyre", Lance sometimes does dumb things and somehow falls off his Biker Angel, usually next to the Malibu Club. I managed to jack the bike once, but he knocked me over and the mission proceeded like normal. Is there any possibility to obtain this Biker Angel without OM0 by hopping on the bike, killing Lance with a drive-by and accelerating forward a bit, kinda like we do with the race vehicles? I might start looking into this.

• Ivan1997GTA and Rachel Amber like this

SpriteFan274
  • SpriteFan274

Player

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 4 weeks ago

Interesting... Though it seems too glitchy for my liking, if someone can make Videos how to properly make the following "new" Vehicles with a Step-by-Step Tutorial/Video Guide without softlocking the Game or anything like that, that would be great.

The following Vehicles would then be possible:

EP/PP/EC/TD Green Pony
EP/EC Cream Pony
EP/EC/TD Light Blue Pony
EP/PP/EC Light Blue Pony
EP/PP/EC/TD Black Pony
EP/EC White Sentinel XS
H/EP/PP/TP/EC Sky Blue Sentinel XS
H/EP/PP/TP/EC Black Sentinel XS
EP/PP/TP/TD/EC Black Sentinel XS 
EP/PP/EC Black Stretch
H/EP/EC Black and White Boxville
H/EP/EC Black Boxville
EP/TD/EC Black Sentinel

Maybe also the EP/PP Polaris V8 and EP/PP/EC Black Landstalker.
Maybe also a H/EP/TD/EC Black Coach.

• Rachel Amber likes this

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Glitchtor Vance

• Members
  • None

it seems too glitchy for my liking, if someone can make Videos how to properly make the following "new" Vehicles with a Step-by-Step Tutorial/Video Guide without softlocking the Game or anything like that, that would be great.

Maybe also the EP/PP Polaris V8 and EP/PP/EC Black Landstalker.
Maybe also a H/EP/TD/EC Black Coach.

It's not. Actually, it's much easier than you think, so you won't have any problem doing or explaining it. Lennart -'s video shows everything you need for guidance. The idea is simple. Complete Phil's missions, leave "Got Protection?" (Marty's last mission) out, cancel "Vigilante" on top of a Rampage, and just pass "Takin' Out the White-Trash". There is nothing more to it. What will happen is you'll unlock "D.I.V.O.R.C.E." before doing "Got Protection?", so you continue on with the storyline, and pass the latter at your leisure.

I tested it myself, and the game doesn't crash or softlock. Softlocking means the game does not freeze/crash, but you're stuck in an inescapable gameplay, such as not being able to move, save or start any missions. With what is shown in the video, you can save and reload just fine, and nothing is affected. Passing "Got Protection?" will not unlock "D.I.V.O.R.C.E." again, so what you basically do is change the order of missions to open up the conversion possibilities.

And yes, although I'm not sure about the Coach, if everything on the list is possible, then EP/PP Polaris V8 and EP/PP/EC Landstalker should be possible.

EDIT: I recruited three gang members, and they entered the Coach just fine, so I don't see any reason why it can't be made EP. Also, when starting "Crash!", no immunities are deleted according to the script, so it gets to keep the property.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

A bunch of "new" Vehicles, meaning a bunch of Vehicles converted to EP?  Meh, I'll pass.  Not interested, tbh...

• Rachel Amber and SpriteFan274 like this

SpriteFan274
  • SpriteFan274

Player

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 4 weeks ago

Ah alright... Concept is that every Mission is done except for Got Protection?, I get it.

So now a EP FBI Washington is possible (EP/EC Black). Also the EP Maverick which is useless as there is a AP/EC Maverick and they both need OM0.

I'll update the Guide with this new information... Basically it's only good to make more EP stuff and to make the FBI Washington into EP.

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Glitchtor Vance

• Members
  • None

I'll update the Guide with this new information... Basically it's only good to make more EP stuff and to make the FBI Washington into EP.

No. False alarm. Sorry for not investigating this more thoroughly. After you pass "To Victor, the Spoils", no mission (including Empires) is unlocked until you complete "Got Protection?" and "Marked Men". Saving and reloading doesn't help in this case, so not even EP/TD Sentinel for us for the time being.

What will happen is you'll unlock "D.I.V.O.R.C.E." before doing "Got Protection?", so you continue on with the storyline, and pass the latter at your leisure.

I tested it myself, and the game doesn't crash or softlock.

I posted this right after completing "D.I.V.O.R.C.E." and saving the game. Had I also completed "To Victor, the Spoils", I would have posted the valid information earlier.

SpriteFan274
  • SpriteFan274

Player

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 4 weeks ago

Ah sh*t that's a shame! I really wanted to get a H/EP/EC Black and White Boxville for future OM0 Saves... Ohwell...

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Glitchtor Vance

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I know. I wanted a Heavy/EP/TD/EC Coach, but I guess not anytime soon :( All this trick did was change the order of a few missions for a bit, sadly, which is pretty much useless, unless you have the 101 Bayshore Avenue garage completely stuffed, and desperately want to unlock The Compound before "Got Protection?", since VCS is horrible for leaving vehicles in memory.

Now I'm trying to find out if there is a way to unlock the east island before "From Zero to Hero", even if it's just briefly, to try and kill the mission with "Air Rescue" for the H/AP/PP Barracks OL. Highly unlikely this will work, but maybe it's our last chance...

Oh well, I suppose I can check if I can obtain the H/AP/PP/UH Biker Angel without OM0 :)

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Barracks is only immunited on bridge part (Lances of course)

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Glitchtor Vance

• Members
  • None

Aw, f*ck. When passing "To Victor, the Spoils" before "Got Protection?", you don't get the ability to gain 5 stars either. So not even an EP FBI Washington for us.

Barracks is only immunited on bridge part (Lances of course)

I know. I was thinking of testing "Air Rescue" like the rest, by leaving an Air Ambulance on the bridge and trying to kill the mission during the chase.

I messed around with the FP/PP Barracks OL from the same mission (the one you drive). I got the idea of using the padlock teleportation trick to get it out of the water the moment the mission fails, but that didn't work; Vic always exits the truck upon failure, so he gets teleported away without the truck. I did find, however, another beaching spot for the Barracks OL, and possibly better than the one jam8tone shows. When you are instructed to enter the truck, do so, and throw it in the water right behind you. Then push it all the way underneath the VCS-exclusive bridge that connects Fort Baxter to the mainland. The grassy hill is almost flat and can get the job done. It took me around 40 minutes, and I don't even know how to push this thing properly.

I obtained the truck yet again, this time with a "normal" method, but it wasn't TD! Never have I acquired either Barracks OL with that property so far. Do they possess it during the initial shootout where they first appear, or they're a Heavy/EP/PP Securicar thing? Because the property doesn't exactly look like dead code to me.

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I know that Vigilante crashes for sure, i managed to spawn FBI Washingtons on bridge durning chase ONCE with SaveStates, Started the Vigilante then sadly... Crashed... So even if Game won't crash, % to get "Brickades" to spawn on bridge are very very low.

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Glitchtor Vance

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I know that Vigilante crashes for sure, i managed to spawn FBI Washingtons on bridge durning chase ONCE with SaveStates, Started the Vigilante then sadly... Crashed... So even if Game won't crash, % to get "Brickades" to spawn on bridge are very very low.

You can leave a Police vehicle on the bridge before the Hunter appears, as well as a Taxi, Firetruck or Ambulance. Start "From Zero to Hero", pick a vehicle of choice, leave it in front of the bridge (I park them on the ledge across the road), continue on with the mission, and when you get there, exit your Barracks OL before the cutscene activates, get in the vehicle you left in memory, start accelerating towards the bridge and bail out before you get too far away from Lance. Get back in your Barracks OL and start crossing the bridge. Try to keep the Hunter away from the side mission vehicle though, as the rockets can and will destroy it. Once you've nearly crossed to the other side, bail out of the Barracks OL before triggering the roadblock cutscene. The reason you have to do this is to stop the Hunter from attacking; when too close to the Police roadblock, Martinez stops firing rockets at you, and starts hovering above the Police cars. If you exit the Barracks OL too early, it will get wrecked by the incoming rockets. If you did it right, you can go back to the other vehicle on foot, and attempt to "break" the script with a side mission.

Nothing works though. "Vigilante", "Taxi Driver" (which strangely works before getting to the bridge), "Firefighter" and "Paramedic" all crash the game. If you detonate a Remote Grenade to launch an attack on an Empire Site, nothing happens. If you leave a VCPD Maverick on the bridge, you can fly between the two main islands (Starfish Island, Prawn Island, Leaf Links), but if you go back to the west, the mission fails. If you attempt to go around the Barracks OL, the roadblock cutscene always activates, even if you're flying near Prawn Island.

The only thing I haven't tried is "Caddy Daddy" because I do all the testing on PSP, and this is exclusive to PS2, but even if it doesn't crash, there is no point in trying, as the Caddy is too far away from the bridge. This is why I'm looking for a way (if there is any) to unlock the east island before "From Zero to Hero", so I can try "Air Rescue", although I highly doubt it will make any difference.

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I doubt it, but perhaps PCJ challanges? They seems to have worst script (And easiest, basicly just checkpoints), and can remove mission script with them, most of the time.

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Glitchtor Vance

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by RationalPsycho, 3 weeks ago.

I tried the one outside the Mall for Reni's Maverick, but it didn't work. From my experience, "Beach Patrol" seems stable too, as it can reliably break "Unfriendly Competition" (beach chase), "High Wire" (last part) and "Light My Pyre" among others. The problem is, how do you even start a PCJ Playground mission when you're stuck between the two islands? And even if there was one on, say, Starfish Island that worked 100% of the time, how the heck are you supposed to get back on the bridge without the Barracks OL getting deleted?

EDIT: Okay, I think I found where the two Barracks OL become TD. According to the script's coordinates, Save Editor and my lame reading skills, they possess the property when they first appear in the shootout next to the junkyard. Assuming this is true, the bad news is "Taxi Driver" cannot stop that part of the mission, and even if it could, the trucks are completely stuck and nothing can move them (like the AP Pony and TOYZ in LCS), so pushing them is out of the question. They will most likely remain unobtainable in TD form :sui:

UPDATE: Regarding the teleportation trick, if you pick the padlock icon up whilst holding X down and cancel the side mission (or let the timer expire, but it's not really recommended), YOU CAN ENTER VEHICLES, much like you would handle the setup, except you're NOT touching it. In other words:

- Start holding X down

- Pick the padlock icon up (don't release X)

- Cancel the side mission (X is still held down)

- Enter your bike

- Go to Diaz's mansion

- Fall off the bike (remember; no releasing X yet)

- Go right next to the marker

- Release X (nothing will happen)

- Start "Steal the Deal"

- Wait for the cutscenes to end

- Press and hold down X a second time

- The rest is as shown in Lennart -'s video

No need to go on foot anywhere as long as you have a bike/Quad/BMX.

This gave me a couple of ideas, although I doubt they will work, as I still can't skip motion cutscenes without buying a vehicle.

EDIT (one more time): On PSP, when you land the Sea Sparrow on the ground, it won't stay in one place, and will uncontrollably slide about like sh*t instead. On PS2, they fixed it, and made the helicopter stable and harder to push, just like in Vice City and San Andreas. However, the mounted gun remains unable to auto-aim, and the helicopter will still sink if you land carelessly on water.

The three PS2-exclusive purchase icons located next to the ocean don't help you successfully get boats out of the garage. If you use the Skimmer and Marquis icons (located behind the Clymenus Suite and across the 101 Bayshore Avenue safehouse respectively), your boat will get stuck on a wooden fence. If you use the Jetski icon on the beach near the Hyman Memorial Stadium, the boat will strangely get teleported underworld, start falling down, and respawn back on the street (and here I thought this only happens on PSP :sui:). Theoretically, this can work if your vehicles are jammed inside the garage, but I tried to push a Jetmax back into the ocean, and got stuck midway.

Also, on PSP, there is yet another weird glitch where boats that get stuck on somewhere "sink" underground if you move a bit away. This has yet to happen to me on PS2.

About leaving Taxis in memory, I have no idea how the f*ck Lennart - pulled it off in his H/FP/PP Barracks OL video, but I can't do it on either PSP or PS2. That's right. I can't leave a Taxi/Cabbie in memory on PS2 either. Perhaps the only logical explanation is the Taxis Lennart - used in his attempts were all marked.

Lennart -
  • Lennart -

Toni Glitchiani

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago

Those Taxis stayed everytime but once. I saw a damaged Taxi driving off but wasn't surr if it was mine or a random one. If the Taxis were marked, we maybe could find out why and use it for ourselves.

Rachel Amber
  • Rachel Amber

I was eating those beans are you fuqin insane?

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 3 weeks ago

yeah same for me... taxi doesnt stick i go away and go back to see if its there NO its not...

SpriteFan274
  • SpriteFan274

Player

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by SpriteFan274, 3 weeks ago.

I forgot to mention this, but while getting the two H/PP/TP/EC FZtH Vehicles and using them to push the H/FP/PP Barracks OL very slowly, I saw a Taxi while the Traffic is disabled at that Mission Stage. I literally saw the Taxi spawn on the Road when Lance is waiting at the Bridge entrance and that was on the PS2 Version...

So there is still hope that the H/FP/PP Barracks OL is obtainable, maybe even without OM0 who knows...

If the H/FP/PP Barracks OL is obtainable without OM0, I won't need to get the FP/PP and H/PP Barracks OL separately.

Lennart -
  • Lennart -

Toni Glitchiani

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago

How would you get the barracks ol without om0? I think I remember it being stuck to the ground or something.

SpriteFan274
  • SpriteFan274

Player

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well, you can push it VERY SLOWLY by rotating it around the provided H/PP/TP/EC Vehicles which always spawn during FZtH when Lance is waiting at the Bridge. I tried it but I never could've pushed it to the Ramp and into the Water. My guess is that the Barracks OL would catch fire soon enough while you push it...

It won't move if you push it directly, but it will move when you slowly rotate it.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

You can also obtain the H/PP/TP/EC Sentinel XS, H/PP/TP/EC Bobcat, and FP/PP Barracks OL at the same time and without OM0.  When I was getting the FP/PP Barracks OL in my one the six VCS Saves I did, I launched the Barracks OL into the water and the Sentinel XS/Bobcat followed me into the water as well.  Screen went black, Mission Failed, and all three were in the water available to push and then triple drive them back to the Garages.  It's POSSIBLE, but very, very hard, and triple driving means you need to always keep the camera on one of the Vehicles and not drive too far away from them, either...

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Glitchtor Vance

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by RationalPsycho, 2 weeks ago.

Bad news; in this game, no vehicle possessing the PC property exists. The "SET_CAN_RESPRAY_CAR" command should be either 01A5, 01A6 or 01A7, but none of them is used in the script, so the property can be effectively removed from the Legend. Maybe PC is given to a vehicle directly from the game engine, but this extremely unlikely, as most vehicles are usually script-controlled. At this point, it is unclear if the property is even programmed into the game in the first place, meaning that if anyone has sufficient knowledge to make a Save Editor might not be able to make PC vehicles with it. Credit goes to Nick007J for this information.

I forgot to mention this, but while getting the two H/PP/TP/EC FZtH Vehicles and using them to push the H/FP/PP Barracks OL very slowly, I saw a Taxi while the Traffic is disabled at that Mission Stage. I literally saw the Taxi spawn on the Road when Lance is waiting at the Bridge entrance and that was on the PS2 Version...

So there is still hope that the H/FP/PP Barracks OL is obtainable, maybe even without OM0 who knows...

Chances are the Taxi was marked, unless by "I literally saw the Taxi spawn on the Road" you mean you saw it pop up right in front of your eyes, with the small bouncing and all. If you saw it coming from afar, even ahead of the draw distance limit, it was 95% marked. Taxis and Cabbies in VCS in particular do express this unique behaviour, although it is currently unknown under that circumstances that happens (we can't mark them consistently), but my guess is it has to do with starting/cancelling missions, and somehow involves the NPCs as passengers. What's more, unlike in LCS where you have to store a vehicle in the garage in order to mark it (PSP version), doing so in VCS will unmark it, so you can't just jack a marked Taxi/Cabbie and save it for future uses.

But I don't see how this incident is connected with your next statement. I mean, the very reason you need a Taxi in this mission is to kill it with "Taxi Driver", so if the OM state is not set to 0, how is the Taxi going to help you obtain this heavyweight beast, since even Heavy vehicles can barely move it?

you can push it VERY SLOWLY by rotating it around the provided H/PP/TP/EC Vehicles which always spawn during FZtH when Lance is waiting at the Bridge. I tried it but I never could've pushed it to the Ramp and into the Water. My guess is that the Barracks OL would catch fire soon enough while you push it...

It won't move if you push it directly, but it will move when you slowly rotate it.

Have you tried to move it before starting the chase around the city, when Lance is waiting for you next to the Junkyard? I'm not sure if this is possible with no Heavy vehicles around, but still worth a try. The water is very close by with no ledges to mess you up, and there is an ideal beaching spot under the wooden bridge that connects Fort Baxter to the rest of the mainland. You can also use this location to obtain the FP/PP Barracks OL in less time, as you skip the entire chase, and the distance you have to push it is considerably shorter.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I made a List of what I would be obtaining in my 7th and probably final VCS Save I will be doing in the coming months from now:

EC2 Sentinel XS (2X), H/EC Coach, EC Banshee, EC Deluxo, EC Phoenix, EC Mr. Whoopee, EC Streetfighter, FP Speeder, EC BF Injection, Barracks OL (Unique Variation), FP/PP Ambulance

The goal with this Save is simply to get 113 Attempts by 100%.  The Special Vehicles are not very interesting, anyways.

Missing Special Vehicles in VCS:

EC2 Sentinel XS (2X), FP Squalo, FP Speeder, H/EC Coach, EC BF Injection, Barracks OL (Unique Variation), FP/PP Ambulance, H/FP/PP Barracks OL (OM0), AP Helicopter Conversion (OM0)

Some of the "missing" Special Vehicles would be obtained in the 7th Save, of course.  Back when the AP Helicopter Conversion was found I was sort of interested, but not anymore, tbh.  I have the AP/EC Grey/Pink Maverick, which is good enough to me.  All the Helicopters are so slow and sh*tty in this game that it's pointless having a bunch of AP Helicopters all which go slow and can still be annihilated by the Cops flying them since their accuracy is insane with 5 and 6 stars...

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Glitchtor Vance

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago Edited by RationalPsycho, 5 days ago.

Can you believe it? I can't obtain the EC White Comet from "Leap and Bound"! The reason? THE GARAGE DOES NOT SAVE IT! I observed after passing the mission that this Comet is actually marked, and, unlike Taxis and Cabbies, which are restored just fine, but unmarked afterwards, the Comet is not restored at all in the first place. So unless I find a way to unmark it, I cannot obtain it with pass (haven't checked with fail though, like jam8tone does), even if I want to. Why is this even a thing? I also read cases of marked vehicles not being restored inside garages in III and Vice City, so what we have here is:

Marked vehicles in III = Can't be restored in garages.

Marked vehicles in Vice City = Can't be restored in garages.

Marked vehicles in San Andreas = Is this even possible outside of missions?

Marked vehicles in LCS (PSP version) = Stored in garages just fine. In fact, you can mark vehicles by performing this very action.

Marked vehicles in LCS (PS2 and mobile versions) = No idea, aside from the fact that it's impossible to mark them in the same way as on PSP.

Marked Avenger/Landstalker on PS2 and mobile = ???

Marked vehicles in VCS = Can't be restored in garages.

Marked Taxi/Cabbie in VCS = Can be restored in garages, but become unmarked.

.....What the hell, GTA? :wtf:

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

What do you do to "pass" the Mission for it?  Do you arrive at the Ship and before jumping onto the Ship take it back to a Garage?  I've done that in the past, but it's actually NOT needed.  You can leave it in memory for your get away Vehicle AFTER going through the motions on the Ship and drive it into the Pink Marker.  You'll be standing right next to it after passing.  I've even used the OTHER Comet that is given to you off the Ship as well and when going into the Pink Marker the same EC White Comet, with the door left open was right behind me.

I've also seen a phenomenon during In the Air Tonight where AFTER making a Vehicle EC Black, the Garage would NOT fix it.  Still was dented up, smoking, and Garage would not repair it whatsoever.  I was thinking that it would still be there, even if it wasn't repaired, AFTER I passed the Mission, but all together it just vanished.  I don't know if you mean "Marked" like that.  But it didn't happen often.  Only a couple times with that FP/EC Black Securicar and then in the 5th Save File with the FP/EC Black Vehicles.  I believe the Washington wouldn't repair and then disappeared, thus had to do it all over.

I think I know why that happens in In the Air Tonight, at least.  Like, the goons don't actually have to ENTER your Vehicle to make it Black.  They just have to "target it" by running toward it.  If you see this and then use a long range Weapon like the M249 and quickly kill them before they enter it, this action seems to make the Garage not repair it.  Only if they ENTER IT, DRIVE IT A BIT, and then exit it to shoot at you and THEN you kill them and take it to a Garage, does the Garage seem to repair it and acknowledge it.  But not if you kill them before entering it...

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Glitchtor Vance

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

I passed the mission exactly like that. Jacked the Comet to follow the boat, left it outside the ship, and once done rescuing Lance and all that, I drove into the marker with the EC Comet to pass the mission. What I mean by "marked" is it wouldn't disappear. Ever. Unless I went to the east island and back to the west, which would cause the car to spawn upside down, because PSP. VCS is notorious for eating vehicles left in memory, even more so than LCS, either because all the "CLEAR_AREA" commands have a very large radius, or the entire game is f*cked up, but the Comet remained where I left it until at least "From Zero to Hero", and would have remained more had this stupid upside-down glitch never occured. I took it to a garage to see if it remains marked forever, and it wouldn't be repaired at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users