GTA VCS Special Vehicle Guide

595 replies to this topic
Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Founder

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 27 March 2016 - 03:10 PM Edited by Arsen Vitiuk, 27 March 2016 - 03:10 PM.

Yes, back on topic, I seem to have a suggestion.

During "In The Air Tonight", I guess, it is possible to seal Reni in one of the garages while having Mendez's goons and as much vehicles as desired to yourself. Worth trying out, don't you think?

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 27 March 2016 - 03:50 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 30 March 2016 - 12:08 AM.

Good idea! :)  That might work out.  But as I mentioned previously, it can be a nightmare trying to drive your Black Vehicle back to the Garage, usually with popped tires from the enemies in the Black Sentinel XS's shooting at you on the way to the "location" as shown in the Video in the Guide.  Not to mention the black smoke coming from the Vehicle you converted, which always will happen.  It gets "damaged" when they steal it for some reason lol...No idea why, but it just happens.  So lets say you are wanting to convert 8 Vehicles into EC Black all in one go in the SAME Attempt...That means being able to drive your Vehicle with popped tires back to a Garage WHILE the Vehicle is emitting black smoke AND with more enemies on your tail when driving it back.  If you crash a couple times on the way back to a Garage, you'd need to start this "quest" all over again, which can become tedious.  If you convert HEAVY Vehicles into EC Black, those have an even greater chance of catching on fire, since when you collide with any object they get damaged twice as badly as a NON Heavy Vehicle...If you pull it off, that would be incredible.  Doing this would be quite a task I'd imagine.  Sometimes the enemies don't want to follow you to the location, either.  When you go into the grass they NEED to be close to you.  If not, they will turn around back onto the street if they are far away.  There is some complications when doing all of this.  But like I said, if you pull it off, that would be incredible.  Good luck :D :p ;)

EDIT: @Arsen Vitiuk, I tested my UH Bikes from The Bum Deal.  Definitely NOT Heavy...I can't test the FP/PP/EC Perennial in Truck Stop since I never obtained this one in my Saves.  So you will have to test if it's EP/FP/PP/EC.  Also if it keeps any properties besides EC, after passing the Mission.  If it KEEPS the properties, I can update the Guide and state that you can PASS to obtain this one.  Just waiting on your confirmation in time.

• Arsen Vitiuk likes this

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2016 - 05:38 PM

EDIT: @Arsen Vitiuk, I tested my UH Bikes from The Bum Deal.  Definitely NOT Heavy...I can't test the FP/PP/EC Perennial in Truck Stop since I never obtained this one in my Saves.  So you will have to test if it's EP/FP/PP/EC.  Also if it keeps any properties besides EC, after passing the Mission.  If it KEEPS the properties, I can update the Guide and state that you can PASS to obtain this one.  Just waiting on your confirmation in time.

It may have been Forbes' bike specifically then... Or maybe I am fully mistaken. I remember riding Forbes' Ventoso pushing cars out of my way... It may be I just got lucky.

Either way, when I get around to VCS, I'll let you know about the Perennial (and Phil's limo as well).

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2016 - 05:55 PM

Well, if his Ventoso is Heavy, let me know...That would be a really good one to obtain in a future Save! :)

Thanks!  I'll definitely fix the Guide if you can pass Truck Stop and the Perennial keep the properties other than EC and if EP is on the Vehicle with Fail OR Pass, that would be good to know, too...

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2016 - 04:41 AM

By the way, are there any "property converters" in this game like the EP/FP conversion in SA, PP conversion in LCS etc apart from the black color conversion?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2016 - 11:24 AM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 02 April 2016 - 11:28 AM.

Yes.  EP Conversion, but it's only used in "Got Protection?" and it requires a Failure.  Furthermore, it's very limited.  It only allows 4 Door/Seat Vehicles to be converted to EP, and there is only so many of those.  It also REMOVES any special properties from the Vehicle in question.  So it's best to ONLY use EC Vehicles or Vehicles that are normal, found in Traffic.  For instance, like in jam8tone's Video in the Guide, he converted a Patriot to EP.  He took it from Fort Baxter early on when the Army was unlocked in the first couple Missions and stored it in the 101 Bayshore Avenue Safehouse and when the Mission came up, he took this Patriot and made it EP.  Sadly, this Patriot can NOT be converted to EC Black, though.  Strange, right?  Meanwhile you can convert a TAXI to EC Black, but not a Patriot.  If anything, I'd imagine the Taxi wouldn't work and the Patriot would.  But there ARE some Vehicles that can NOT be converted to EC Black, but 97% of the entire Vehicle Database can...

Copy/Pasted right from the Guide:

"This is a pretty cool conversion trick.  Conversion tricks exist in GTA III with the legendary Crusher Glitch which converts any Vehicle into DP form, and also doesn't remove any other properties it may have.  In San Andreas, there is a conversion trick used in the Mission Gray Imports to convert ANY Vehicle into EP/FP form.  It would also erase any other properties on the Vehicle when it's converted, unlike the Crusher Glitch from GTA III.  In Liberty City Stories, once again exists the same exact conversion trick from GTA III, the Crusher Glitch.  However, it also has a PP conversion for any Vehicle with tires from using the Mission "The Shoreside Redemption."  This does NOT delete any properties from the Vehicle when it's converted into PP.  ...And now we get to VCS...

In VCS, using this Mission, you can convert any Vehicle into EP form, but it MUST have 4 doors/seats in order for it work.  What you must do is after going into the pink marker before picking up the girls, follow the route as you see in the Video back to your garage.  Make sure you have your desired 4 door Vehicle inside the Garage and make sure it has no other properties on it since this conversion will delete them in the process and it'll only be EP afterwards.  Use normal Vehicles or Vehicles that have the EC.  Once you get your desired Vehicle, drive to the docks and right as the meter is expiring down to nothing, ditch your car deep enough in the water so the game flags it as "destroyed."  After the Mission fails, drive it out and back to a garage.  Your Vehicle is now converted to EP.

Later on in this Guide, you will learn about the EC Black conversion trick, which doesn't remove any properties off of the Vehicle you want to convert to EC Black.

There is even a way to convert any Vehicle in GTA IV to AP/PP (PP if the Vehicle has tires, obviously) with a simple Glitch using the Internet Girlfriends Niko can meet, however this is for another Topic :p  But as you can see, there is many conversion tricks in the GTA Series.  GTA III, GTA SA, GTA LCS, GTA VCS, and GTA IV all have them.  Strangely enough VC doesn't have any conversion tricks...Or none that we know of yet"

There now is an EC Black Conversion in VC, however, it uses Mission Duplication and dodgy Methods and it's done in "The Party," which is one of the first Missions in the game.  You NEED to use Rampage Icons and duplicate the Mission with nonsense tactics that border on the lines of cheating, so I don't even consider it a legit Conversion in VC yet...Starter Saves?  Well, that goes out the window.  For VC, you would need to start over at 0% and NOT 44% since you can't have a Starter Save as you NEED active Rampage Icons available to do it, thus no 35/35 done in the Starter Save.  But yeah, don't worry about what I am saying here about VC, since it's off topic.  Just wanted to let you know, since what I typed up for this Guide was months back before the EC Black Conversion in VC was brought to my attention, but like I said, it uses Methods I practically consider cheating, so I don't care for it...

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2016 - 12:06 PM

Sadly, this Patriot can NOT be converted to EC Black, though.  Strange, right?  Meanwhile you can convert a TAXI to EC Black, but not a Patriot.  If anything, I'd imagine the Taxi wouldn't work and the Patriot would.  But there ARE some Vehicles that can NOT be converted to EC Black, but 97% of the entire Vehicle Database can...

That can be explained. You see, some vehicles have "external" coating in addition to internal colors. This "coating" overrides any colors prescribed by the game/missions with a ready in-game texture. Yes, the external coating is not a color, it's a texture put atop the vehicle.
Most notable examples are the Hunter, Zebra Cab (internal color is dark brown), FBI Rancher from VC (its internal color is yellow, by the way), Securicar (III, VC, LCS and VCS), Patriot from VC and VCS (only color 2 can be changed), Borgnine Taxi (which is dark blue), Hoods Rumpo XL, Hydra and Leviathan. Maybe there are more but these are the ones I've figured.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2016 - 12:15 PM

Yeah, this is true, but since Patriots can be taken into a Pay and Spray and the color will change in III, VC, SA (maybe?  Never tried), and LCS, I'd imagine the same in VCS, but it's not since that star on the Patriot in Fort Baxter, like you said, is a "livery" and not exactly a paintjob.

Anyways, I never used the EP Conversion in VCS, only the EC Black Conversion.  However, if I did a 4th Save File, I'd probably get some EP Vehicles just to burn garage space since I taken all the small Vehicles like Quads and Motorcycles already in past Saves.  I'd probably have to park Vehicles on top of each other to make it all fit like how you have to in III lol...

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2016 - 12:47 PM

Patriot from III/LCS/SA do not have a livery like the Patriot from VCS, that is why taking them to Pay'N'Spray will change their color (save for SA, because Patriot there comes only in one color).

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2016 - 12:51 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 02 April 2016 - 06:49 PM.

Yeah, that's what I thought.  Only ever saw the Patriot inside Fort Baxter and nowhere else just like in SA, it seems to not spawn in Traffic but has a handful of parked locations and it's always the same light brown color, so I guess that explains that then :p

Anyways, if you need to know anything else let me know.  I don't mind filling up 100 pages of just us in here.  Any discussion is better than no discussion.

LieutenantCB17
  • LieutenantCB17

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2016 - 04:22 AM

To get the BP/FP/PP EC Black Stretch you dont need to fail, You can simply pass the mission and the vehicle still be with all properties. Also i have suspicions that the White Comet it is not EC, Because i saw a Comet outside the mission with a very similar colour when i last played the game.

Gabriel_175
  • Gabriel_175

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 May 2016 - 08:11 AM

To get the BP/FP/PP EC Black Stretch you dont need to fail, You can simply pass the mission and the vehicle still be with all properties. Also i have suspicions that the White Comet it is not EC, Because i saw a Comet outside the mission with a very similar colour when i last played the game.

The one that you found in traffic has a different UC1 than UC2,the one from Leap and Bound that are the same UC1/UC2.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:24 AM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 18 May 2016 - 12:22 PM.

Really?  So jam8tone's Video is wrong of what he says?  He says if you pass the Mission, the FP property is removed.  It's only BP/PP/EC after you pass it from what he said.  You're absolutely sure, without a doubt that it keeps BP/FP/PP/EC after passing the Mission?  If so, I will update that Post in the Guide a bit later.  Let me know...

As for the EC White Comet, I think Gabriel is right.  It's very similar to White Comets in which spawn in traffic, but slightly different.  It's like the EC White Admiral in VC as well as the AP/EC Silver/White Admiral.  VERY similar, but surely DIFFERENT...

You could get the EC White Comet and park it next to a Comet you find in traffic that is White and show a Photo or something...

I question EC Vehicles all the time.  It's why I like Proof Vehicles more as that is CERTAIN if it's special.  When it comes to Colors, I sometimes question if they are real or not cuz I also see them in traffic, or something extremely similar...

LieutenantCB17
  • LieutenantCB17

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:18 PM

The one that you found in traffic has a different UC1 than UC2,the one from Leap and Bound that are the same UC1/UC2.

interesting, If some day i make a third special vehicles save game i will get it and and compare it with the one found on streets to see it

Really?  So jam8tone's Video is wrong of what he says?  He says if you pass the Mission, the FP property is removed.  It's only BP/PP/EC after you pass it from what he said.  You're absolutely sure, without a doubt that it keeps BP/FP/PP/EC after passing the Mission?  If so, I will update that Post in the Guide a bit later.  Let me know...

I watch his video now. I dont see where he stated that, he might said that somewhere else i but i dont know. I remember when i did my second save file i manage to get it with mission pass and all properties are there. Also i saw a guide made by GTA_Loco, Althrough his guide is very outdated he says the BP/FP/PP EC Black Stretch can be obtained by failing or passing the mission.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2016 - 08:30 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 18 May 2016 - 08:35 PM.

Perhaps he said it in the Kill Phil Mission Walkthrough and not the actual Special Vehicle Walkthrough.  I am not sure, but I know for a FACT I heard him say that somewhere.  Anyways, I will update the Guide now and make it so it says "Pass" and change the Description slightly to match the Pass Method.

I wish I knew this back then, would of saved me a Mission Attempt in my 1st Save File out of 3, since I have the BP/FP/PP/EC Black Stretch in my 1st Save for VCS...

EDIT: Ok, I updated the BP/FP/PP/EC Black Stretch Post in the Guide! ;)

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 23 May 2016 - 10:13 AM Edited by Bender.ㅤ, 23 May 2016 - 10:26 AM.

Holy sh*t!!!

I just found method to get Pink/Gray Maverick!!

QZnWdRT.png

Its very inconsistent though, also no blips remain on map i had mission running atm when screenshoted.

• Melancholia likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2016 - 10:54 AM

It's AP/EC, right?  It's supposed to be...

How did you get it?  Duplication using a Rampage?  Luckily, unlike the original VC, the Rampage Icons in VCS always remain on the Map and can replay Rampages, so if I need those, then I can get this AP/EC Maverick.  I always wanted it...

If it's AP/EC and surely obtainable, especially PS2, I will have to do a 4th Save File for VCS if this is legit...

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:00 AM Edited by Bender.ㅤ, 23 May 2016 - 03:04 PM.

It has no proofitings i tested BP/EP/DP (Its one from cutscene not that follows you on mission.)

And yes i used Rampage Dupe, but its hard to replicate it now, i don't really know how i did it.

Im trying for a quite a while to perform it again

You can save it in garage, save game, load game, nothing will crash.

Started a few missions after and they didnt crash at all, since on VCS/LCS when you save game ALL possible missions will be removed/ended

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:06 AM

Hm, yeah, if that can be obtained in AP/EC form, I certainly would do a 4th Save File for VCS...

But if it's just EC, I don't think I will do a Save.  I wonder if I can convert a Maverick to solid EC Black with the EC Black Conversion from In the Air Tonight?

Regardless, keep trying and let me know what happens.  Btw, the Barracks OL that Lance is driving during From Zero to Hero when you get to the bridge part of the Mission with the Hunter is H/AP, I believe...That one is quite interesting to check into just as much as this AP/EC Maverick.

There is only an AP Yola and AP Sentinel XS, both of which I already have in VCS.  I need more AP Vehicles to be found and obtainable in this game.  I also heard of an AP PCJ-600 from Burning Bridges.  You can obtain it in EP/FP form, but it's AP at some point.  Not sure when, though...

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:33 AM Edited by Bender.ㅤ, 23 May 2016 - 11:40 AM.

Okay, finally i found how i did it, im uploading a short video of how to do that 

(Just when you get "Rampage Failed" screen you have to spam X till you spawn behind the car, otherwise game will fail to start secound instance of mission and it will crash.)

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:38 AM

Nice! Looking forward to seeing it.  But yeah, we need to find more stuff in LCS/VCS.  It's great so much has been found in SA, but none of the other Special Vehicle Guides I made get much action since apparently nobody plays anything but SA for Special Vehicles.  I play ALL the GTA's which have them.  Not just one or two Games...

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:41 AM

VCS/LCS aren't that popular and getting vehicles there are very difficulty (the ones that are unobtainable, i think there are few other vehicles that can be obtained on VCS)

• LieutenantCB17 likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:52 AM

Everything in this Guide is basically a 1 star difficulty just like LCS.  Most Special Vehicles aren't even difficult to get in these games at all...

There is tons in these games, too.  Not sure why nobody bothers with III, VC, LCS, and VCS and eats, sleeps, and breathes SA.  All 5 3D Era GTA's are more or less the same and they all have Special Vehicles.  Must abundant is SA, LCS, and VCS, but III and VC also have a good amount and good ones to obtain, too...

I'll watch this shortly...

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:54 AM Edited by Bender.ㅤ, 23 May 2016 - 12:10 PM.

Im saying the ones that are Unobtainable are difficulty not Obtainables.

Im recording a whole video how to get it from load of the game.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:10 PM

There is no H/AP Vehicle that is obtainable in LCS/VCS, so it would be really cool to see if Lance's H/AP Barracks OL can be obtained in From Zero to Hero...

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:24 PM Edited by Bender.ㅤ, 23 May 2016 - 02:48 PM.

It depends if game will be able to launch two From Zero To Hero instances at once, and if, it depends also if duped lance will drive "fake" Barracks - if he will its proabably possible

Uploading Video will edit this post

BTW.

You can also Obtain Maverick + get H/EP/FP/PP/UC Red Infernus  - Just fly Maverick to garage, store it, then come back for Infernus and obtain as intentended

----

Also i really wanted to dig to files what color it is exacly but i don't really know where to search for proper files (that contains Proofings/Colors Attached to Vehicles spawned by missions)

I've only found this but i don't really see this pink here

9wO8mcv.png

• MorsPrincipiumEst, Ivan1997GTA, SuperSisley and 1 other like this

Gabriel_175
  • Gabriel_175

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:52 PM

Does it has any properties like DP/FP/EP?

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:56 PM Edited by Bender.ㅤ, 23 May 2016 - 03:02 PM.

I already said, no it has no proofings at all.

#I didnt checked FP#

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:29 PM

Good work.  I will check the Video out now.  I was busy earlier and only now just got back in.

Yeah, this Maverick is 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 in main.scm.  I hope we can find a way to obtain it in AP form...

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:31 PM Edited by Bender.ㅤ, 23 May 2016 - 04:36 PM.

I think i found AP/UH and meybe something else Jetmax, ill try save it and LOAD save

I can save game and load it for sure, i dont know if i can store the Jetmax.

Jetmax seems to be Heavy as well

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users