Photo

GTA VCS Special Vehicle Guide

661 replies to this topic
RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:09 PM Edited by RationalPsycho, 19 May 2017 - 10:12 PM.

I decided to play this game on PS2 again to test some things, and the most important one is: I FOUND AN EASIER WAY TO OBTAIN THE FP/PP/TP/EC INFERNUS AND CHEETAH FROM THE RACES! Yes, I obtained the damn Cheetah on PS2 in UNDER 45 minutes! So, I guess it's a 4 star difficulty now. Here is the method; start "Crash!" and immediately cancel it. Be sure NOT to store the Coach in the garage and damage it too much, as you'll need that increased Health (1800) for later. With it, drive to the race marker and activate the race with your desired vehicle. Now, align the Coach in front of the car you want in a way that it forms a roadblock, and ram it hard enough for the race to start immediately. The Linerunner can work, too, but personally, I would recommend the Coach, as it's easier to block the opponents' path with it. Much like the Quads in "When Funday Comes", if you block them for a while, they'll drive away a bit, and stop racing altogether. Now, use this Heavy beast to push the car of choice to the water. You can even flip them if you want, to make the pushing process easier. If you go for the Cheetah, the Coach will break down as soon as you reach the beach, so you can try leaving a BF Injection in memory or something. I used a Sabre Turbo, which sucks on the sand, but still took me under ten minutes to push the Cheetah to the water. Then the rest is the same process. The Coach helped tremendously with this one, so I highly recommend to give it a try.

No garage bug on PS2, and the Little Willie atop the Clymenus Suite works just fine, even if you go up the roof with a helicopter.

As I correctly suspected, the Linerunner from "Rush!" is QD, as well, but not PP, unfortunately, like the Coach. The Cheetah from the race is QD, too, just like the Stinger. Also, THE FUKKEN' COACH IS EASIER TO FIT INSIDE THE CLYMENUS SUITE GARAGE THAN THE LINERUNNER! What the hell? The Linerunner is taller, thus harder to go through the door. For this reason, it's easier to fit inside the other two garages (although you have to force the door to close)!

I obtained the Stallion from "Marked Men". It's QD, too. The script was not kidding on this one. The Walton from the same mission isn't, but it doesn't break down so easily. The reason for this is that the Walton has a low collision multiplier, just like the Bobcat, which makes the two pickup trucks more durable by default. Also, I obtained the very same Walton as H/FP/EP/PP. I don't know under what circumstances it acquires the EP property, but it's real. I got it, but only twice. I'll investigate more, and let you know if I find anything new.
  • NOskillx likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:15 PM Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 19 May 2017 - 10:16 PM.

Seriously?!  The Walton is H/EP/FP/PP/EC?  You obtained it like that without OM0?  You stored it in a Garage and THEN tested the Properties?  Cuz I know the FP/PP/EC Perennial acts EP, too, but it's only FP/PP/EC and not EP after you store it and test Properties...

This Walton is in my 2nd Save File List of 12 to get, so if I can get it with the added EP Property, it's that much better...

• NOskillx likes this

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:08 PM Edited by RationalPsycho, 20 May 2017 - 02:01 AM.

For the one incredulous person left in the world who STILL has doubts about my statements after over 200 posts:

Spoiler

In "Truck Stop", no EP is present at all, so it is "spoof/fake" property on the Perennial.

I did mess around with OM0, to see if there is any hidden vehicle there (turns out there is, kind of, and I got it! :pp), and I obtained the Walton once as EP, BUT duping appeared to have nothing to do with it. Indeed, the second time, I got it WITHOUT OM0 AT ALL​. Both times during the chase, but instead of going to the marker to finish the mission, I ditched the truck in the water. Although I still have no idea how and when it becomes EP, I do know how to accurately test properties, even QD (and I suspect it's TDTriple Damage). I stored the Walton in the garage, got it out, parked a normal vehicle next to it, threw Grenades and Molotovs at them, and the truck wouldn't feel ANYTHING. Plus, when a Grenade explodes next to a non-EP vehicle, it bounces, or is pushed to the side before blowing up. This didn't happen with the Walton.

Perhaps it becomes EP if you are within Phil's Boomshine's explosion range when he throws it at the pursuing Stallions, to prevent you from taking damage. I don't know. Or it acquires the property after taking a certain amount of damage, or when you pass by a certain location. Or just completely luck-based. No idea. I'll see what else I can dig up.

EDIT: I got the FP/PP/TP/EC Infernus. As expected, it's QD. Wow, the Coach made it much easier. If you're careful enough, you won't need any other vehicle to push the Infernus to the water. Either **1/2 or ***, if you can't properly make a roadblock. This method does save you quite a bit of time, doesn't need OM0, and works on all platforms. Thanks to this, the Cheetah is now easier than the H/PP/TP/EC Sentinel XS and Bobcat. Will it be added to the guide?

EDIT 2: 

I obtained the damn Cheetah on PS2 in UNDER 45 minutes!

45? Try under 10, bitch! I re-obtained this thing, but this time, I managed to make it to the water using the Coach alone! It's possible if you push it softly. It even goes through the beach like nothing. I got the Cheetah in the water in less than 5 minutes, sniped the driver dead, pushed it out, and drove to the safehouse. No matter how you look at it, the Cheetah is now on par with the Sabre Turbo in Vice City in terms of difficulty, if not easier.

The PSP-exclusive method jam8tone shows is actually quite harder, because you have to push the Cheetah all the way to the garage afterwards, since it's upside down when you push it in the water, whereas with this method, you snipe the driver, and once the Cheetah is out of the water, just drive away. Since it's so easy now, no need to look for an OM0 method. The Stinger remains easier, though.
  • NOskillx and SpriteFan274 like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:47 AM

Nice!  Looking forward to hearing how to get it in EP form since it's much better than the one in the Guide.  Certainly will add the better one in the Guide and explain how to get it.  Also the new Method for the FP/PP/TP/EC Infernus/Cheetah.  However, the Infernus never really took all that time.  All you do is push it DIRECTLY South into the little body of water from where the Race starts.  Takes 20 minutes.  But the Cheetah, now that took about 90 Minutes, maybe a bit less, maybe a bit more, but with the new Method, that one shouldn't be that much of an issue anymore.

About the Sentinel XS and Bobcat, I had to get them....Twice the other day.  First Attempt, I got them to the Docks and out of the water, but on the way back whilst double driving them to The Compoud Safehouse, my Sentinel XS just vanished.  Here we go again.  How many times did I say in the LCS Guide that leaving Vehicles in memory hardly works on PS2.  Well, same sh*t in VCS on PS2.  I don't know why, even if you do the EXACT IDENTICAL task, twice, back to back.  One time Vehicle is gone, the next time it remains.  But in reality, the game is SUPPOSED to leave a Vehicle in memory, so I don't get why it's so unreliable on PS2 for the Stories Games...

But, by the time I saved my game and was about to reload and check on my Vehicles and make a backup, I checked my "Current Playing Time" Stat and that task to get both the Sentinel XS and Bobcat only took 60 Minutes EXACTLY.  Meanwhile, I did From Zero to Hero, Beach Patrol Level 15, and Air Rescue Level 15 and it accumulated to 1 Hour and 42 Minutes worth of the run before saving the game.  This is why VCS is so tiring.  Helicopters/Boats are a complete train wreck in this game and on the PS2 Version, there is just WAY TOO MUCH Side Content that isn't even fun.  Tbh, I would of been happy if when they made the PS2 Version, they just left it how the PSP Version was like in terms of the 100% Requirements.  So much less on PSP compared to PS2.  But the sh*t on PS2...I don't need it.  It does NOT make the game have more replay value.  In fact, quite the opposite.  When I finish to 100%, I don't want to play it ever again, lol...

You can just roll the Vehicle over using jam8tone's Method and then drive it back to a Garage...

PCJ-600's and Stingers from the Races are really easy.  You just stand by the Bike/Driver's Side Door and kill the Driver with a Sniper Rifle, then quickly mount the Bike/get into the Stinger and accelerate forward.  This does not work with the Infernus or Cheetah since the Driver falls out of the Vehicle too slow and you don't have enough time to quickly enter and accelerate forward before the screen turns black and you fail the Mission.

Anyways, after today, all that's left is the Empire Site Side Missions before I resume the Story Missions and Special Vehicles.  Can't wait to finish this 1st Save so I can update the remaining stuff in the LCS and VCS Guides, then will continue with the 2nd Save.  I don't know how I am going to do 6 Saves back to back to back to back to back to back since VCS is horrible.

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:07 PM

Something seems to be AP during "Steal the Deal", and it looks more "legit" than the usual "car 0@":

Spoiler

I can't identify it yet.....

FOUND IT!!! Thanks to a Save Editor I found for Vice City, I can now read coordinates, since the map is basically the same, and it's YOUR VEHICLE! As soon as you start "Steal the Deal", you are instructed to stakeout the Strip Club. When you enter the marker, THERE! Right where you encounter the dealer, who flees in his Cheetah. I went to the marker with the AP/EC Maverick, and after the cutscene, I tested its properties, and they were GONE! So this has to be real. However, when I first looked into the mission, I tested a Taxi during the cutscene, but it was NOT AP. This doesn't seem to delete the Heavy property, so we HAVE to investigate more, because the collection of VCS is severely lacking, even with these new findings.

Nick007J
  • Nick007J

Snitch

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:20 PM

Although I still have no idea how and when it becomes EP

You have everything in your hands. If you rewrite the script to a readable format, you get
LVAR_INT player_in_vehicle
player_in_vehicle = 0
IF IS_CAR_DEAD $walton
  RETURN
IF IS_CAR_ON_FIRE $walton
  IF IS_CHAR_STILL_ALIVE $phil
    SET_CHAR_PROOFS $phil 0 0 0 0 0
  ENDIF
ENDIF
IF IS_CHAR_IN_CAR $player $walton
  player_in_vehicle = 1
ENDIF
IF $blip_exists == 1 AND player_in_vehicle == 0
  REMOVE_BLIP $5694
  REMOVE_SPHERE $5561
  ADD_BLIP_FOR_CAR $5682 $5683 
  CHANGE_BLIP_COLOUR $5683 2 
  $blip_exists = 0
  SET_CAR_PROOFS $5682 0 1 0 0 0 
  PRINT_NOW GXT 'PHI4_0X' time 5000 flag 1  // ~w~Get back in ~b~Phil's truck.~w~
  RETURN 
ENDIF
IF $blip_exists == 0 AND player_in_vehicle == 1
  REMOVE_BLIP $5683
  IF NOT $mission_state == 2
    ADD_SPHERE $5701 $5702 $5703 8.0 $5561 
    ADD_BLIP_FOR_COORD $5701 $5702 $5703 $5694 
  ENDIF
  SET_CAR_PROOFS $walton 0 1 1 0 0
  $blip_exists = 1
  $5690 = 0
  CALL show_message
  RETURN
ENDIF
RETURN
I am no expert, but it looks like getting in Walton might make it EP. Getting out of it removes EP.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:22 PM

Interesting...

All I know is jam8tone enters the Walton.  Drives it to water.  Dunks it.  Only FP.  Not EP/FP...

Nick007J
  • Nick007J

Snitch

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:27 PM Edited by Nick007J, 20 May 2017 - 01:36 PM.

Interesting...

All I know is jam8tone enters the Walton.  Drives it to water.  Dunks it.  Only FP.  Not EP/FP...

Does he get out of it though? I think it might be essential.

$3099

In your version of the game $3099 is always player's vehicle. I would also point out that "037F: unknown_check $3099 " is marked in my documentation as "is_vehicle_a_helicopter".

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:40 PM Edited by RationalPsycho, 20 May 2017 - 01:44 PM.

Does he get out of it though? I think it might be essential.

Holy..... IT WORKED!! So now the H/FP/EP/PP/EC Walton is obtainable. Still * difficulty. Get in the truck, but do the extra step of getting out, and then right back in, ditch it in the water, and it's yours. No need to go to the marker and start the chase.

Personally, I experience yet another bug on PSP. The moment I exit the Walton, any directional button I press, Vic just keeps moving forward. This is stupid and annoying, but can be fixed by pressing Square. Then you regain proper movement.

Also confirmed: When you enter the marker in "Steal the Deal", other properties (Heavy, PP, UH) are NOT removed. Only BP/FP/EP/DP. Damn, if we could make it work...

In your version of the game $3099 is always player's vehicle. I would also point out that "037F: unknown_check $3099 " is marked in my documentation as "is_vehicle_a_helicopter".

Oh, another stupid version difference? Yes, in my game, it's the player's vehicle; I also tested the H/FP/EP/PP/QD/EC Infernus, and its FP and EP properties were deleted. The rest remained intact, though.

Nick007J
  • Nick007J

Snitch

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:47 PM

Oh, another stupid version difference? Yes, in my game, it's the player's vehicle; I also tested the H/FP/EP/PP/QD/EC Infernus, and its FP and EP properties were deleted. The rest remained intact, though.

I phrased it badly, I mean in different SCMs the number might be different. What is crucial is that in script 'GLOBMON' there is a command 024B: STORE_CAR_CHAR_IS_IN_NO_SAVE $677 $2513. (024B is the most important). Second parameter (in my SCM $2513) can be used all over the script as player's vehicle. Your one will contain $3099.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:14 PM

I misunderstood, sorry.  I thought you meant it's EP if you remain in the Walton and DON'T get out.  But what you guys are saying is after the cutscene, just get in, get out, get in, dunk in water?  Holy sh*t...I can't believe it.  Thanks!!!  Another "fix" for the Guide I will be updating in the coming days.  The Vehicle is a lot better if it's EP/FP, like the Infernus from Accidents Will Happen.

An AP Conversion?!  Holy sh*t...

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:22 PM

Probably becouse nick is using ps2 scm and rational psp one.

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:28 PM

I found another "key" word. In LCS, when searching for standard immunities, you type "immunities" on the search field. In VCS, you type 01B2. I did find a couple of interesting things, but not much in general. Just Fireproofs here and there.

Ambulance - When you start "Paramedic", it becomes PP. You ditch it in the water as soon as you start the side mission, cancel it, drive out, and it keeps the property. However, after you pick up a patient, the mission will immediately fail the moment you drive in the water, and when you drive back out, you'll be sitting in a FP/PP Ambulance. Tested it, and it worked.

"Farewell To Arms". Here, I'm finding more FP/EP things than just the Flatbed. Also, there is something FP/EP/DP during this mission:

Spoiler

I once read a rumour that the Flatbed becomes Heavy/AP at some point, but couldn't find anything relevant by looking into the script, so there is no evidence to back that statement up.

Then there is the AP "car 0@" with Health set to 1 million, which appears time and time again in various missions, including Loan Shark, always followed by the "004D: store_car 0@ position_to 8@ 9@ 10@", but I can never pinpoint the coordinates of its supposed spawn point (how is 8@ 9@ 10@ translated?). Seriously, I'm seeing this identical pattern so much, I'm starting to believe it's dead code. Here is the Loan Shark example:
Spoiler

Nick007J
  • Nick007J

Snitch

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:44 PM

I found another "key" word. In LCS, when searching for standard immunities, you type "immunities" on the search field. In VCS, you type 01B2.

01B2 is command SET_CAR_PROOFS, not surprising you are looking for it ;)

Also, there is something FP/EP/DP during this mission:

This is a Mule.

Then there is the AP "car 0@" with Health set to 1 million, which appears time and time again in various missions, including Loan Shark, always followed by the "004D: store_car 0@ position_to 8@ 9@ 10@", but I can never pinpoint the coordinates of its supposed spawn point (how is 8@ 9@ 10@ translated?). Seriously, I'm seeing this identical pattern so much, I'm starting to believe it's dead code. Here is the Loan Shark example:

Code that sets health to 1000000 and makes something AP is dead code. Fragment that contains 004D (GET_CAR_COORDINATES) is not dead. It means that variables 8@, 9@ and 10@ contain vehicle coordinates after execution of command. You might notice that they are used a bit later for creating TV and stereos inside a vehicle.

PS: I would really advise you to use my VCSSCM.INI for proper command names. I think it may help at least a bit. It is available here. You need to put it in Sanny Builder/data/vcs folder, overwriting existing one.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:47 PM

VC and VCS = Home of the FP's and EC's.  Literally, that is the "bulk" of the Properties which make up both of these games.  That is why I like III, SA, and LCS the most out of the lot since, despite the small amount in III, you have a variety of Special Vehicles which are EC and all sorts of Immunities like BP/DP, BP/FP, AP, etc.  Then in SA and LCS, you also see a wide range of variety with different Special Vehicles and Properties.  Meanwhile in VC and VCS, there is so many useless Special Vehicles, that even myself doesn't feel like obtaining and doing so many 100% Saves just for such sh*tty Vehicles.  It's one thing when the game is a breeze and goes quick, but it's another when it's my least favorite GTA and the most tiring for 100% Requirements...

What?!  A FP/PP Ambulance...Holy sh*t.  Again, useless in terms of Properties, but still cool to get and no need for OM0 and now yet ANOTHER Special Vehicle to add into the Guide...

I could swear that Flatbed itself is H/DP/EP/FP/PP/EC, but I don't know when during the Mission.  However, like Nick said, it could be a completely different Vehicle like a Mule.  I don't remember any Mule being present in this Mission, though...?

We need a H/DP Vehicle that is NOT a Bike in this game...

Also, is there a fully working Method for the AP/EC Maverick yet?

71.30% Completion, 0 Deaths, 0 Busted, 0 Cheats, 2 Missions Failed, 1 Pay and Spray Visit, 24 Safehouse Visits, 15:56 Total Playing Time, and 8 out of 12 Special Vehicles.  Backed it up on my USB Drive.

I am trucking away, but STILL a lot of sh*t to do and I am already bored...

SpriteFan274
  • SpriteFan274

Player

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:04 PM

So is an EP/FP/PP Ambulance possible? EP Conversion deletes the FP property, but what if you get a EP Ambulance and then activate Paramedic and do the method to make it FP/PP, will the EP stay? 

Another thing I've been wondering around VCS, Last Stand has an Maverick that is Black and White, yet in the cutscene when Martinez gets out of it you can clearly see that the Maverick is Dark Green and White, tho in gameplay the Dark Green looks more like Black, can someone confirm the actual colors of the Maverick?

There is a Mule in Farewell to Arms, when you blow it up it disappears, so it probably has some properties (maybe)...

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

Nick007J
  • Nick007J

Snitch

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:15 PM

However, like Nick said, it could be a completely different Vehicle like a Mule.  I don't remember any Mule being present in this Mission, though...?

This one I guess
Spoiler

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:16 PM Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 20 May 2017 - 07:17 PM.

EP/FP/PP Ambulance would be that much better!  I hope that is possible.  Would be interesting to find out.  It's probably easy for someone to find out and quickly since Got Protection? is in the beginning of the Story after only a handful of Story Missions and the FP/PP addition can be added anytime.  Just cross your fingers that the EP isn't deleted and replaced with FP/PP only.

Anything to do with EC Vehicles, leave me out of it :D :p  I haven't a clue about these Vehicles and that goes for ALL GTA's.  Only when someone confirms with the Script and such and gives me a plausible reason as to why they believe a Vehicle is EC do I believe it to be legit.  There has been too many instances where something in traffic looks bloody similar to an EC Vehicle.  So I just let the guys with the Script and who know how to read it tell me what is EC or not.

Speaking of EC, the FP/PP/EC Sky Blue PCJ-600...I swear this Color spawns in traffic...Or once again, a bloody similar Color.  I hate EC's that APPEAR SIMILAR to what we can find in normal gameplay.  I like them to look totally distinct, but that is not the case a lot of the times...

Yeah, I guess that is what happens when you don't play a GTA for over a year.  Like I said, I didn't play VCS other than a new Starter Save since October 2015, so a lot of the Story Missions and even Side Missions, I am drawing blanks on and it's all coming back to me as I am playing these past days.  I could of sworn in Farewell to Arms is just you in a Railshooter on a Maverick, protecting Gonzalez or someone driving the Navy Blue Flatbed while Gang Ranchers are trying to get in the Flatbed's way and you take them out from the Maverick.  I seriously don't remember any Mule and if there is in fact a Mule, but it is blown up, then it's unobtainable for sure since blown up wrecks don't restore in VCS Garages apparently...

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:52 AM Edited by RationalPsycho, 21 May 2017 - 06:42 AM.

A Mule? That's good for a DP vehicle (by VCS standards, because LCS is laughing its ass off at this game). Personally, I thought these were the ones who are supposed to block the Sharks' way inside the airport, but turns out they were Bensons, after all. Great. How do we get our hands on it now? Doesn't look we can move around during this mission at all, and even if we screw up, we get teleported back to Starfish Island, which is way too f*cking far away, and the draw distance doesn't help the situation.

Code that sets health to 1000000 and makes something AP is dead code. Fragment that contains 004D (GET_CAR_COORDINATES) is not dead. It means that variables 8@, 9@ and 10@ contain vehicle coordinates after execution of command. You might notice that they are used a bit later for creating TV and stereos inside a vehicle.

PS: I would really advise you to use my VCSSCM.INI for proper command names. I think it may help at least a bit. It is available here. You need to put it in Sanny Builder/data/vcs folder, overwriting existing one.

So, this means that the immunities and increased Health are dead code, but the car itself isn't? Did I understand that correctly? And yes, I did notice that this code is always accompanied by things like "#MAR_A2TV" and "#MAR_A2_STEREO" and thought; what the hell does "Fear the Repo" (MAR_A2) have to do with this? Weird thing is, this (supposedly) dead code is present in missions where an AP vehicle ALREADY exists, such as "Accidents Will Happen" and "The Colonel's Coke", namely Maverick and Jetmax, respectively. Both these vehicles' immunities are absent from the script, but there is the AP "car 0@" with 1 million Health instead.

I don't quite know how to use Sanny Builder, but the last time I messed around with it, it didn't support LCS and VCS. Only III, Vice City and San Andreas.

So is an EP/FP/PP Ambulance possible? EP Conversion deletes the FP property, but what if you get a EP Ambulance and then activate Paramedic and do the method to make it FP/PP, will the EP stay? 

No, this doesn't work like the mysterious crusher, where you basically "bestow" properties. Like you said, "Got Protection?" changes your 4-door vehicle's immunities to "0 0 1 0 0", and the same thing happens with "Paramedic" when you pick up a patient, except it overwrites everything with FP, which means that even if the Ambulance is somehow AP, after picking a patient up, its immunities change to "0 1 0 0 0". Here:

Spoiler

I found this in the script the other day when looking for immunities, and confirmed it in practice. This means that you have to choose between either FP/PP or EP/PP Ambulance, so, if you're a collector, you will be getting both.

By the way, in "Takin' Out the White-Trash", although the Bobcat's Heavy property is hidden, it is UH according to the script, with a value of 2.0! So, I tried a UH conversion akin to "In the Air Tonight", by letting the hillbillies mount my bike, but didn't work. Does anything useful work in this game? FP/PP Ambulance? Bite me. Meanwhile, LCS gets all the good stuff (AP Hunter? Really? Not to mention the numerous conversions), and in VCS, we got some insane sh*t like the H/AP Barracks OL, AP Domestobot, and infinite AP conversion that doesn't delete other properties, but we can't properly "break" the f*cking script! Not sure if this is due to more complex or lousy programming, but it sucks.

EDIT: I entered a race with the H/AP/PP/UH Biker Angel, which deleted everything but the Heavy property, and I could fall off the bike like nothing! What is the meaning of this? Don't tell me... THE DP PROPERTY!? If this is the case, just how awesome would the AP PCJ-600 be?

EDIT 2: Okay. Since the AP/EC Maverick is requested quite a bit, I made a list of things that do NOT work:

Taxi Driver
Firefighter
Paramedic
Protection Racket
Loan Shark
Prostitution
Drugs
Smuggling
Robbery
Playground on the Point - This doesn't crash immediately, but eventually does, which is just as good as nothing.
Beach Patrol - The Maverick doesn't follow you there, but the game crashes anyway.
Mashin' Up The Mall - This one didn't crash. The game itself froze instead, by giving me a permanent black "Loading..." screen. Great. Some "progress".
Air Rescue - Probably my best result after "Vigilante". On ppsspp, this didn't immediately crash the game, but after a couple of seconds, the screen went black, and the emulator crashed anyway. It might work on console, who knows. If you attempt it, park the Air Ambulance next to the Empire building under the bridge, run to the Infernus on foot, and when the stunt starts, instead of driving to the checkpoint, make a quick turn to the right, get in the helicopter, and trigger "Air Rescue".

Anything else left? Bender. might have found something, but I highly doubt it.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:45 AM

DP/EP/FP Mule would be pretty cool I guess, but yeah, doesn't sound like it'll ever be possible...

I thought Sanny Builder worked for LCS/VCS.  Other people looking at the Scripts said they were using Sanny Builder a while back I thought...

EP/PP Ambulance > FP/PP Ambulance I guess since Got Protection? is one time only.  Once passed, no more EP/PP Ambulance, but you can infinitely get the FP/PP Ambulance.  However, when it comes to making a Vehicle EP, I much rather a Vehicle I am bringing back from East to West Island whereas an Ambulance is always parked and found at the Hospitals on the West Island, so to me it's not really worth it to make EP, whereas other Vehicles take priority over the Ambulance for that.  However, FP/PP is good just to "have" and get it in one of the Saves where 12 Special Vehicles aren't included in my Lists.  So now I can get a FP/PP Ambulance to fill more space and not waste it.

Yeah, there is some monstrous Vehicles I wish we could get our hands on in VCS, but it just doesn't seem possible without an equivalent Bumps and Grinds Menu sort of thing...

Btw, probably not accurate information, but are the Firefighter Vehicles you put the fires out ever AP or AP/TP?  I know they are EP/FP/TP, but jam8tone mentions that they are AP in his Video, but can't be obtained in AP form.  Just wondering if the Script says anything about this and if they actually ARE AP at some point.

• NOskillx likes this

Powdinet
  • Powdinet

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:52 PM

This is the only car creation and car-proof setting in the Firefighter script

:FIRETRK_6874
{388881} 0048: CREATE_CAR 1@ 2@ 3@ 4@ 7@ 
{388888} 00D1: SET_CAR_HEADING 7@ 5@ 
{388892} 026D: SET_UPSIDEDOWN_CAR_NOT_DAMAGED 7@ 1 
{388897} 01B2: SET_CAR_PROOFS 7@ 0 1 1 0 0 

EP/FP/TP indeed

• MorsPrincipiumEst and NOskillx like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:56 PM Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 25 May 2017 - 12:29 PM.

81.70% Completion, 0 Deaths, 0 Busted, 0 Cheats, 2 Missions Failed, 1 Pay and Spray Visit, 29 Safehouse Visits, 20:04 Total Playing Time, and 8 out of 12 Special Vehicles.  Backed it up on my USB Drive.

I still have to take over 4 More Shark Empires and max out the Respect on Drugs, Smuggling, and Robbery.  But I am literally ON the Missions now for the H/EP/FP/PP/EC Infernus and AP Yola.  Accidents Will Happen for Reni and Unfriendly Competition for Mendez.  Still holding off, though, until the rest of this bullsh*t is done with...After Accidents Will Happen, I can also do Crash!  Then after Say Cheese, I can do Watersports.  So the only Side Mission left would be Swinger's Club, which is unlocked after a Gonzalez Mission, Home on the Range.  So much sh*t in this game...

Oh, and I was so not in the mood for VCS yesterday that I didn't even play at all.  I don't know how I am going to do 6 Saves.  It's not a problem for this many Saves, but doing them all, one after another sucks ass.  I might actually do my new III Starter Save and both 100% Saves for III after the 1st VCS 100% Save File.  Once III is done, then come back to VCS or something.  We'll see.  Nothing is set in stone and I may just go ahead and do the remaining 5 VCS Saves once I finish this one.  It's taking forever.  I don't get how I finished my OLD 2nd Save File in all of 5 days back in October 2015...

I think the issue these days is the Stats part of my Saves.  Since I try and keep everything so low, it adds some difficulty to the mix.  f*ck up a run?  Game over.  Wasted about an hour and have to do it all over.  Sometimes I don't even do an hour run and it only lasts 20 minutes, however, if I f*ck it up lets say 3 times, then that is an hour wasted, as well.  There is too many annoyances in VCS, unlike LCS, so it was easy to get 20-30 Safehouse Visits in LCS by 100%.  I am already nearing 30 in VCS and still have 4 more Special Vehicles to get as well as complete 18.30% of stuff required for 100%...

• NOskillx likes this

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:24 AM Edited by RationalPsycho, 27 May 2017 - 08:32 AM.

Another couple of TD/QD vehicles confirmed:

PP/EC Green Pony from "Havana Good Time"

BP/FP/EC Light Blue Pony from "Money for Nothing" - The lack of PP hurts this one a lot. Had it possessed the property, it would have been one of the better vehicles in this game.

On that note, according to the script, both Barracks OL in "From Zero to Hero" possess that property. I looked into the mission again and re-obtained every single Special Vehicle bar the unobtainable Barracks OL in Heavy/AP form (I retried to get this one, but to no avail), just to make sure, but none was TD/QD. This needs more research, hence why I didn't include them in the list above. The Ponies are both real.

Minor guide updates:

You can get the PP/EC Light Blue Pony from "Money for Nothing" with pass. After passing the mission, you'll still be driving it. Same goes for the FP Cuban Hermes from "Papi Don't Screech".

Lance's Heavy/FP/PP Barracks OL is obtainable with OM0, although it's a bit tricky, luck-based, and is not TD/QD.

Trivial facts:

On PS2, the annoying little Quad bug where it's still controllable until the exiting animation is completely over is still present. The Bovver '64 bug seems absent, though.

The Biplane's invincibility is taken away on PS2; it acts just like planes in San Andreas. One good blow with the Heavy Linerunner, and it's set on fire. That said, on PSP, after completing "Crims on Wings", I crashed the Biplane I was piloting, and it instantly blew up! A different plane that spawned at the airport was still indestructible, though. Fukken' mechanics, how do they work?

Duping "Vice Sights" with "Quad Bike Time Trials" doesn't work on PS2. The game crashes.

Unlike in other games, the Maverick can't be resprayed, so no sexy wheels on your helicopter. You're stuck with the sexy colour instead. Unsurprisingly, you can't arm it with a bomb, either. Speaking of...

Air Rescue - Probably my best result after "Vigilante". On ppsspp, this didn't immediately crash the game, but after a couple of seconds, the screen went black, and the emulator crashed anyway. It might work on console, who knows. If you attempt it, park the Air Ambulance next to the Empire building under the bridge, run to the Infernus on foot, and when the stunt starts, instead of driving to the checkpoint, make a quick turn to the right, get in the helicopter, and trigger "Air Rescue".

Nope, it won't work. I continued looking into this, and it sometimes happens with "Firefighter" too. Additionally, I tried stopping the mission with itself, but couldn't do it. Maybe it's possible with a certain timing, but I doubt it. Also, when you "break" the mission, Reni always says "Terrible! Useless! Scheisse!", regardless if the game crashes or not, even with "Vigilante", so the quote might not have anything to do with it.

About the AP "conversion", f*ck it. I continuously tried to find a way to stop the cutscene, but ended up killing my game again. To the point that it gave me some weird ASCII code with 0 and 1, and a symbol that looked like 6, but wasn't. Screw you. Here is the only possible result: If you start any side mission when your vehicle supposedly becomes AP, you gain movement during the cutscenes, granting you enough time to test its immunities. You notice that it doesn't have any, and after the cutscenes are over, the game crashes anyway. During that time, the things that can happen to you may vary - the glitchy text being one of them - but the ending result is always the same. Yet if you normally step into the marker, the BP/FP/EP/DP properties are deleted afterwards! What is the meaning of this? Is the string of "1 1 1 1 1" dead code, whereas the "0 0 0 0 0" one (both exist during this mission) isn't?

Nick007J
  • Nick007J

Snitch

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:40 AM

About the AP "conversion", f*ck it. I continuously tried to find a way to stop the cutscene, but ended up killing my game again. To the point that it gave me some weird ASCII code with 0 and 1, and a symbol that looked like 6, but wasn't. Screw you. Here is the only possible result: If you start any side mission when your vehicle supposedly becomes AP, you gain movement during the cutscenes, granting you enough time to test its immunities. You notice that it doesn't have any, and after the cutscenes are over, the game crashes anyway. During that time, the things that can happen to you may vary - the glitchy text being one of them - but the ending result is always the same. Yet if you normally step into the marker, the BP/FP/EP/DP properties are deleted afterwards! What is the meaning of this? Is the string of "1 1 1 1 1" dead code, whereas the "0 0 0 0 0" one (both exist during this mission) isn't?

Have you tried a helicopter? Opcode 037F is very likely to mean "is vehicle a helicopter". If this condition isn't true, proofs are not applied.

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:06 AM

Have you tried a helicopter? Opcode 037F is very likely to mean "is vehicle a helicopter". If this condition isn't true, proofs are not applied.

DAMN! You were correct yet again! So I am the first person to ever sit in an AP Air Ambulance (it's real!). The Air Ambulance and the Hunter are the only two helicopters capable of starting a side mission, and potentially "break" the script, but the latter is not available at this point in the game. Regardless, the AP Air Ambulance remains unobtainable for two reasons: "Air Rescue" crashes, and the helicopter is too big to fit in the garage. Great. The list of unobtainable things gets bigger and bigger. Are we after some stupid record here? :angry:

NOskillx
  • NOskillx

Get off

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:41 AM Edited by NOskillx, 27 May 2017 - 08:41 AM.

seems like you guys need help here i will try obtain something in vcs in next couple of days i will try get (AP maverick) AGAIN!

im back to vcs

• MorsPrincipiumEst, SuperSisley and SpriteFan274 like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2017 - 12:55 PM Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 27 May 2017 - 06:51 PM.

Been waiting for your return back to VCS! ;)

Strange how this game doesn't seem to allow hardly anything using OM0 whereas LCS allows practically anything...

Photos should be up in 4-5 days for the 1st of 6 VCS Saves.  Once the Photos are up, gonna finish updating the LCS and VCS Guides in full before starting the 2nd Save.

EDIT: 87.90% Completion, 0 Deaths, 0 Busted, 0 Cheats, 3 Missions Failed, 1 Pay and Spray Visit, 34 Safehouse Visits, 22:32 Total Playing Time, and 11 out of 12 Special Vehicles.  Backed it up on my USB Drive.

So close, yet still so far, considering every Mission is like .20% game completion or something really low and basically barely accumulates...

Oh and after passing The Colonel's Coke today, I checked to see if the Jetmax was there in the Ocean and it was!  I also used the M249 to put around 75-100 Bullets into it and it was BP.  So yeah, that thing is real.  But I won't be obtaining it until my 3rd Save File.

• NOskillx likes this

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:19 AM Edited by RationalPsycho, 29 May 2017 - 11:31 AM.

PP/TP/TD (or QD) Sentinel XS from "High Wire" obtained! It's real.

However, this bitch was trickier than I initially thought. I assumed it would be easy to obtain by landing it in the water or something, but I was wrong. I also tried to obtain the TD/QD Flatbed from the same mission, which I think is EC, by the way, but failed; upon failure/pass, this mission deletes both the Flatbed and Sentinel XS, even if you dunk them in the water or park them in the garage, and believe me, I've tried both. You can use a Flamethrower to force the Flatbed driver out, and temporarily obtain the truck, but, like I said, it is deleted afterwards, no matter what. If you destroy the crane Maverick whilst inside the Flatbed to fail the mission, it still disappears and you get wasted. Even OM0 didn't work on this one. The Sentinel XS had it even worse; you couldn't force the driver out, or even snipe him dead! If you failed the mission, everything but the Maverick itself would disappear, including the magnet, but THANKFULLY OM0 worked with this one.

Start "High Wire" with a Rampage, and proceed to do the mission like normal. Once the Rampage timer runs out, the game will be in OM0 state. Now, after picking up the Sentinel XS, instead of the parking lot, fly to the orange BF Injection on the beach, and start "Beach Patrol". Here is where it becomes tricky. The magnet will not disappear, and the car will still be attached there, and there is only ONE way to properly detach it: Storing both the Maverick and Sentinel XS in the garage. You can't snipe or force the driver out by any means, and even if you could, you wouldn't be able to drive away, as the Sentinel XS would be stuttering whilst attached to the magnet. Once you fly to the garage, use a vehicle (preferably Heavy) to push them both inside, which is a little easier said than done - the garage must be nearly empty - and let the door close. You can ditch the Maverick, as it possesses no special property, and its increased Health is taken away after storage. Save and reload to get rid of annoying side effects, and it's yours.

This Sentinel XS is different from the other two; the AP one is not PP/TP, and the Heavy one is not TD/QD, so it's EXTREMELY frail; I obtained this one whilst going for the Barracks OL, and after storing it in the garage, it took TWO good crashes to catch fire. Also, TP is almost useless on it, since you hardly can tip it back. It sucks. Obviously, the AP one is currently the best, but the PP/TP/TD (or QD) one is still another variant (possibly the second best), so it deserves a spot in the guide (the VCS collection is so lackluster, anyway). Can be made EC black, too.

EDIT: TD/QD Flatbed obtained. It's not EC, however, but can be made black, I'm pretty sure. I got it, but it was very tedious. I had to double-drive this and the Maverick all the way from the bridge near the 101 Bayshore Avenue safehouse to the beach, to "break" the mission with "Beach Patrol", because I couldn't find anything more convenient, and it loved to vanish, even when parked inside a garage beforehand. I also had to deal with the f*cking stupid glitch where vehicles tend to spawn upside down when going from one island to another (PSP exclusive). To make matters worse, If I got too far, the Sentinel XS' Health started depleting. What's more annoying, if you only want the Flatbed, and try to obtain it during the second part of the mission without bothering with the Sentinel XS, "Beach Patrol" always crashes, even if the Maverick is nearby. It is possible to obtain both the Flatbed and the Sentinel XS, but this will take you even longer.

Start "High Wire" with OM0, and when you're instructed to steal the container from the Flatbed, land in front of it and force the driver out with a Flamethrower (Molotovs can be used, but they also act like Grenades, so the Flamethrower is recommended), fetch the container, exit the Maverick, and enter the truck. The reason you want to do this is because after picking the container up, the Flatbed somehow starts driving by itself, but will stop once you enter it. Now, get back in the chopper, land the container on the marker, go fetch the Sentinel XS, but instead of flying to the parking lot, fly to the Flatbed, and start double-driving the truck and the helicopter all the way to the BF Injection on the beach. Once there, enter the buggy, start "Beach Patrol", cancel it, and continue double-driving the Special Vehicles to the Clymenus Suite garage. Find a way to store them inside, save, reload, and they're yours. During the whole process, make sure to ALWAYS leave a Flatbed's door open, as they're locked.

I know there's an obtainable H/FP/EP/PP/TD (or QD)/EC Flatbed, but it's not as good as you want it to be. Anyone who has driven a Heavy Patriot and/or Cartel Cruiser in LCS will understand what I'm talking about. This one, however, rarely flips when colliding, still smashes most things out of the way, even without the Heavy property, and can take a hell lot of beating (I destroyed two Flatbeds and two Linerunners with this thing, and it still kept going), so it's not completely useless. Should it be added to the guide?

NOskillx
  • NOskillx

Get off

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:53 PM

anyway im soo close to finish my 1st save for LCS after that i will get back to vcs

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2017 - 04:34 PM Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 30 May 2017 - 10:52 PM.

100% Completion, 0 Deaths, 0 Busted, 0 Cheats, 117 Mission Attempts, 1 Pay and Spray Visit, 40 Safehouse Visits, 26:00 Total Playing Time, and 12 Special Vehicles!

Save File 1:

101 Bayshore Avenue: BP/PP Barracks OL, H/EC Stallion, EC Quad, EC Streetfighter

The Compound: H/PP/TP/EC Sentinel XS, H/PP/TP/EC Bobcat, UH Freeway, UH Wintergreen

The Clymenus Suite: AP/EC Sentinel XS, AP Yola, H/EP/FP/PP/EC Infernus, BP/FP/PP/EC Stretch

Q4sCt7p.jpg?1

JgWqZuM.jpg?1

KhaMlXh.jpg?1

My old Saves were embarrassing to say the least.  I saved 114 LESS TIMES than my previous "best" Save for Safehouse Visits.  23 LESS Pay and Spray Visits, even a couple hours LESS Total Playing Time.  Hell, even the Mission Attempts is my current lowest to date as 118 used to be the best, but now it's 117...At least for this Save.  Maybe 116 in one of the other Saves I will do, but never will be 113.

Considering 15 Safehouse Visits are included in my 49.20% Starter Save, that means I only saved 25 times from 49.20% to 100%.  Be my guest to try and beat that.  I already know I will considering this was the 1st Save out of 6 and I didn't play VCS since October 2015 and didn't even remember half of the game.  I'll be going faster and saving even LESS in the upcoming Saves.  Without the Sentinel XS and Bobcat in this Save, that would of been minus 1 Hour since that task took about 1:04 to do.  Also when I do long tasks like that, I save afterwards.  Without the task in my way?  Saving less, obviously.

I want the f*cking BP Maverick in Burning Bridges.  My M249 wouldn't destroy it :D :p

The Only Missions Failed: Truck Stop to Obtain the BP/PP Barracks OL, From Zero to Hero to Obtain BOTH H/PP/TP/EC Sentinel XS and H/PP/TP/EC Bobcat at the Same Time, Accidents Will Happen to Obtain the H/EP/FP/PP/EC Infernus, and So Long Schlong to Obtain the AP/EC2 Sentinel XS Which Was Converted to EC Black with In the Air Tonight Whilst Passing the Mission.

I started 2 Monday's ago and now it's Monday, so 14 days for a VCS Save but of these 14 days since I started, I didn't touch it 2 of the days, so it took 12 days to finish.  10 days is probably what I will eventually be doing per Save File since some of the days I played, I did a single run worth of 35-45 Minutes and called it a day.  This is surely the worst of the 3D Era GTA's so I don't even want to bother playing it.  The only thing that keeps me doing it is the Special Vehicles which are hardly worth it in the first place.  Game sucks in general as does the selection of Special Vehicles, making it the ultimate worst GTA of the 3D Era.

Time to update the LCS/VCS Guides over the next couple days before starting the 2nd Save for VCS...

EDIT: Forgot to mention, got 100% WITHOUT Skywolf.  I plan to continue doing that, though.  No need for this Mission, anyways...

Also I think Bender. is right about the EC2 on the Sentinel XS.  Looks unusual and probably is EC2.  When you make it Black, that part changes to Black, as well.  So the Sentinel XS does indeed have 2 Colors to it.  Now, since I don't know how to look at Carcols, I can't confirm with 100% certainty what I am looking at is special.  I think Bender. confirmed it to be special, but I can't remember if he was 100% certain...

• GTAKid667, GTAGuy1995, NOskillx and 1 other like this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users