Photo

GTA VCS Special Vehicle Guide

595 replies to this topic
Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:12 AM

Isnt it just UC black instead of dark green?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:06 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 13 April 2017 - 12:13 PM.

I also obtained this Jetmax, because, when I passed the mission, it was the closest vehicle nearby, and I said "why not?".

Once I got aboard, I saw it all: Slower than the Yola, nigh impossible to make a turn WITHOUT the handbrake, WAY more difficult to push to the garage, takes up more garage space, and its Heavy property does not do much to compensate for all the flaws. And here I thought the Yola was bad. I mean, this boat doesn't do much the Yola doesn't already. Unless you are a collector, and really want a boat to cruise around, use the Yola instead.

It can't turn cuz it's Heavy, I guess.  This just makes me want it more, though, since it's one of a kind.  Not to mention there is barely any AP Vehicles in this game, so it's another one to get and experiment with.  The Yola gets smashed around by Police Predators during a 6 star chase in the water.  I've tried it.  I was nearly flipped over from a few Police Predators ramming the AP Yola.  If the Jetmax literally is Heavy, then that won't happen anymore, thus it's already better than the Yola in my case.  How slow it is won't matter at that point.  It's probably equal to how slow the Unique/H/DP/PP Ballot Van or Unique/H/DP/PP Mr. Whoopee is in LCS.  Both of those barely can move, either, but I still like them.  Also, even if you aren't moving, but are sitting in the driver's seat of the Yola and Jetmax, the Police Maverick and Predators can't shoot Victor until he dismounts off the Boat Seat, so even if it's stopped or going ultra slow, you can't be shot.  Oh and the Police Predators have magic abilities in the Ocean with 6 stars.  They can drive their Boats BACKWARD faster than you and when they ram you, it packs a punch...

I doubt many people would obtain....Any of these Vehicles, anyways.  You just need to group the right set of 12 Special Vehicles per Save to get everything to fit.  It's why I make a List of what I will get before hand, just so I know where I will be storing everything, where it comes up during the Story, and if it will all fit properly and be able to get them out.

You can drive the Robot just like you can drive the Bandit in LCS.  LCS/VCS have RC Vehicles that are drive-able.  III, VC, SA have RC Vehicles that can't be driven and are Trophies.

The vehicle is " Dark Green Sentinel XS" from Where It Hurts Most

Welcome to the Forum and Guide! :)

I will have a look into this, but I believe it's just Black.

Isnt it just UC black instead of dark green?

Yeah, there is a lot of Sentinel XS's that are EC Black in various Missions, but none of them are in the Guide since we have an EC Black Conversion and can PASS whilst converting 12 or less Vehicles to EC Black all at once.  Furthermore, we have the AP Sentinel XS which can be made EC Black, thus AP/EC Black Sentinel XS > EC Black Sentinel XS.

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:40 PM Edited by RationalPsycho, 13 April 2017 - 03:50 PM.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! THE DOMESTOBOT IS UNOBTAINABLE!!! :cry:

After countless attempts to properly dupe the mission without crashing, I drove to the Boxvilles, managed to get the Domestobot OUT of the mansion, AND SUCCESSFULLY THREW IT IN THE WATER! HOWEVER, after failing the mission THE DOMESTOBOT WAS NOT THERE!!!

f*ck you VCS, honestly. So much for the hype!

Also, I did some more digging on the garage bug on PSP. It's not as horrible as people describe it. I've only lost vehicles once, due to a little carelessness. I found out that garages load the vehicles inside when you EXIT the respective safehouse (even if you don't save the game). Of course, if this happened when entering it, it would be much worse, since it would basically be impossible to keep vehicles after reloading the game. So, when you EXIT a safehouse, BEFORE doing ANYTHING, check the RESPECTIVE garage, and you'll be just fine. It's not necessary to check the other ones, as jam8tone suggests. Also, missions don't make vehicles load inside garages. I've completed many missions in a row, and multiple times, messed with OM0, and never lost a single vehicle. I'll check if other interiors cause problems, and report back if I find anything new.

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:44 PM

HOWEVER, after failing the mission THE DOMESTOBOT WAS NOT THERE!!!

Thats what i confirmed already like 4months ago

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:56 PM Edited by RationalPsycho, 15 April 2017 - 08:36 PM.

Oh? I thought that the Domestobot was VERY CLOSE to being obtained, but there was not enough time to dunk it in the water.

I somehow found, and watched your relevant stream (I think it was called "When Domestobot?" or something), but you never made it in the water.

Man, I've been outdated on quite a few matters.

EDIT: The Armadillo in "Say Cheese" is DP:

Spoiler

On a rotorcraft, DP is almost just as good as AP, since nobody will shoot your helicopter down, unless you fly over Fort Baxter or something. Now, before trying to get my hands on it, I attempted to store a normal Armadillo in the Clymenus Suite garage, to see if it fits. It doesn't; the tail fits fine, but the garage is not tall enough to get the rest of the body inside. I don't know if it would remain there if I forced the door to close, but I doubt it. This would be a nice one to get, but since it can't be stored, there is no reason to bother obtaining it. Darn. Missed opportunity. Couldn't they have used a (Sea)Sparrow instead? :whuh:

Also, I keep coming across the "Note: the incorrect math opcode was used here" message. What is the meaning of this? Is the script directly telling us that the game is poorly programmed? :/

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:21 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 16 April 2017 - 01:15 PM.

A DP Armadillo?!  Wow...

Strangely enough, horrid GTA Wikia says something about some things like.......UH Armadillo in Say Cheese and EP Armadillo in Farewell to Arms.  The same site says the Jetmax we have been saying is H/AP, is EP/FP.  In The Exchange, a BP Rumpo?  BP Sentinel in The Exchange?

Remember, take this with a grain of salt, though.  I see many many errors on GTA Wikia, including the page I am looking at with all these "other" Special Vehicles that MIGHT be true, but might NOT be true, either.

I also believe in a Mission, a Black Sentinel can be found, which would actually be different to the Black Sentinel XS's.

Anyways, since I finished my 7 Saves in LCS, soon it's time for VCS.  I am making Lists right now for the OM0 LCS Saves, but am having trouble deciding what is worth converting to BP and one Vehicle to AP.  Furthermore, I want the H/DP/PP/EC Yankee but need to leave it in memory and am not sure how that will pan out since I need to make 2 Vehicles BP during Shop 'til You Strop.  In fact, I only have 11 Special Vehicles for the 8th Save listed and 2 Special Vehicles for the 9th Save listed.  I am leaning toward this not being worth it.  I might just do 1 OM0 Save and call it a day.  So very soon, I should be onto VCS and gathering up all the Special Vehicles in this game INCLUDING the OM0 Vehicles since there is only 4 of them, unlike LCS where you have TWO OM0 CONVERSIONS, plus a plethora of large Vehicles needing to be left in memory that come up at the worst times in Portland or SI with little storage space, thus you can't get all the Vehicles in the SAME Save, anyways.  Like, a Yankee and a Maverick won't fit in the SI Garage and on top of it, I want a BP/DP/FP/PP/PC White Stretch, too.  This is what sucks for LCS, large Vehicles, worst time they come up in the Story, left in memory with the tiniest Garages of Portland and SI.

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:31 PM Edited by RationalPsycho, 17 April 2017 - 02:13 AM.

The helicopter you pilot in "Last Stand" is identified as "car $5373", and, much later, after several "unknown_checks", becomes AP. Maybe it's AP as a wreck, because the immunities appear after "car $5373 wrecked". If so, it's outright impossible to get. Will check it when I get there.

So, I got to figure the Skimmer glitch out, and managed to enter the Mendez Mansion during free roam. I haven't checked if the duped Domestobot remains there after mission failure, but let's say it does*. Great. How do we get it out?

About UH helicopters (and boats to an extent). This is another strange case that needs more understanding. As mentioned a few days ago, when I obtained Reni's AP Maverick, it was awfully slow, more so than usual, and could barely tilt. Thankfully, after storing it in the garage, its handling reverted back to normal. I never bothered with the Armadillo from "Say Cheese", but I'm positive this is the same case. Perhaps the person who posted about this in GTA Wikia, obtained the helicopter with CheatDevice or something, but, since he/she couldn't store it, assumed the helicopter was UH. Which reminds me of the mysterious Jetmax, which, after storing in the garage, is completely f*cked up; half the boat is submerged underwater, handles even worse than before, and can't reverse.

Since I'm almost clueless on the matter, I made my own legend and definitions regarding UH. A Unique Handling vehicle to me is ANYTHING that handles differently from its regular counterpart. Doesn't matter if it's better or worse, as long as it's different. Since the Heavy property apparently affects handling, ALL Heavy vehicles are also UH to me. So, if I were to make my own guide, I wouldn't list every Heavy vehicle as UH, but would instead mention that the Heavy property increases grip in the legend. If anything Heavy behaves differently, such as the Jetmax, I would explicitly state it in its respective section. About the AP Maverick (and the Armadillo, if you'd like), I would explain its quirk, but would NOT list it as UH, since its handling reverts back to normal after storing.

So, if I effectively clear UH out of my dictionary, what about bikes? I would list bikes as IH, which stands for "Improved Handling", to match the original "Improve_handling" command used in the script, ALWAYS followed up by the bike's respective IH value. In my imaginary guide, I would explain in the legend that the standard IH value is "1.0", and ONLY anything OTHER than "1.0" had been added. Therefore, the VCS bike list would be:

IH-2.0 Freeway

IH-2.0 Wintergreen

IH-2.0 Ventoso

H/AP/PP/WP/IH-2.0 Biker Angel

And the LCS bike list would be:

H/WP/IH-2.0 PCJ-600

H/FP/EP/DP/PP/WP/IH-1.8 Freeway

H/FP/EP/DP/PP/WP/IH-1.8 Angel

H/FP/EP/DP/PP/WP/IH-0.75 Faggiot

H/BP/FP/DP/WP/IH-1.2 PCJ-600 (needs more testing)

In my opinion, this taxonomy is more precise, and leaves little margin for questions, but if the community decides to stick with UH, I don't mind; I'll keep using this term on the forums.

Maybe the Jetmax is FP/EP during the shootout. No idea where the GTA Wikia staff base their research on.

AP/TP conversion? I'd say the best candidate is the Rhino. Here is why: H/DP > AP. In the case of the Firetruck; H/QD with double Health during "Karmageddon" > plain AP/TP. This conversion removes the Heavy property. The Cheetah is available among the handful of AP vehicles the game has to offer (what else could possibly be so much better than the Cheetah to be the chosen one?). The Rhino is so naturally heavy and destructive, that acts as if it had the property. It's also one of the easiest vehicles to convert because it's possible to start "Vigilante" with it. You can easily tip the Rhino back on its wheels if upside down.

*EDIT: It doesn't. I entered the mansion right after failing the mission, and it was not there. I once did something weird; I completed an order, and after the cutscene, the green robotic text disappeared, and I couldn't switch between functions. Also, Armando Sosa stopped giving commands, and I was permanently stuck inside the mansion controlling the Domestobot. Is that any progress? Nah.

EDIT 2: The Police car can't be converted to EC Black. The hitmen do enter it, but its colour doesn't change. I guess it's a livery in VCS, then? As I correctly suspected, likewise for the Polaris V8.

EDIT 3: I got the Biker Angel. Protection Racket worked. It wasn't easy, because Lance's health depletes very quickly, and the cops are annoying, but wasn't hard, either. **1/2, or *** max. The bike itself is phenomenal. Much better than I expected, and definitely superior to the PCJ-600 and the railshooter bikes in LCS. It's hands down the single best bike in ALL of GTA. No questions asked, no quarter given. It's FAST, its grip is astonishing, and it's WAY TOO DAMN HARD to fall off it. I don't know how the VCS engine works, but this thing is MUCH harder to fall off than the H/WP Sanchez, the railshooter Freeway and Angel in LCS, and ANY bike in San Andreas, even with maximum Bike Skill. You actually have to put effort to fall off this Biker Angel. For instance, I collided with a freaking Boxville head-on, at full speed, while leaning forward, AND THE BITCH RAMMED THE VAN OFF THE ROAD AND KEPT GOING! As if the Boxville was a goddamn paper bag. I was thinking it might not be as good as an AP NRG-500, due to worse bike mechanics than San Andreas (lack of Bike Skill), but it is. For those who don't mind OM0, this thing is a must.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:04 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 17 April 2017 - 02:12 PM.

I've heard UH also called SH, for Strange Handling.  Just like I heard WP referred to as SP, for Splash Proof.  Then we have AP, CP, and FI, for All Proof, Comprehensive Proof, and Full Immune.  Crash Proof (CP) and Damage Proof (DP).  I don't like Comprehensive Proof since it interferes with CP for Crash Proof.  Just like half the people who say EC for Exclusive Color and the other half who say UC for Unique Color.  Hell, I even heard SP, for Special Color.  So as you can see, there is many different names for the same thing.  I try and keep it as universal as possible so nobody gets confused of new terminology and UH was known for a good decade or so.  It makes sense just to keep things as is, despite IH being better or not.

As for Heavy Vehicles, you said something a couple months back about them having a different handling or feel to them, and you are right.  Just take a H Bike for instance, when I jump into the air with it, I come down quicker than doing the same thing using a non H Bike.  Also Heavy Bikes can do abnormal Wheelies and Stoppies.  I THOUGHT this was UH Property doing such a thing, but it's not.  All H Bikes can do it.  Even Freeway, Biker Angel, and things like that.  Can you do a Wheelie on a Freeway?  Hardly, maybe a second or two, yet if you have a Heavy one, you can do it for eternity, basically.  I was messing with a H PCJ-600 in LCS and was able to do a Wheelie for 35 Seconds like it was nothing.  The Bike just stays on one Wheel with little effort and you just TAP the accelerate button to continue the momentum.  The same thing works with Stoppies.  You can do them SO much better if the Bike is H.  All the H Cars/Trucks I played with also seem to have a better grip to them or something.  I know it's because they are Heavy and stick to the ground better, but "something else" is going on, as well.  I can't really explain it...

What I don't get is, 1.0 is normal for a Vehicle in terms of handling.  Anything OVER 1.0 is considered UH by definition, so how can the Faggio have LESS THAN 1.0?  Does that mean the Handling is WORSE than 1.0, normal?  I don't get how it is LOWER than the standard of 1.0, which is normal.  And the 1.2 on the PCJ-600 doesn't feel anything different.  I messed with a PCJ-600 found in traffic, while I had Wayne's Bike with me and drove both of them (like double driving) to test the differences, but I couldn't feel anything...

I will probably do an AP/PP/TP FBI Cruiser.  Tank is too big for the Save I am doing now, since I have the Yankee in this Save.  Even the AP/EC Maverick won't fit.  Can't do that until the 9th Save, 2nd OM0 Save, but at that time, I only need the BP/DP/PP Triad Fish Van and AP/EC Maverick, which I am leaning toward it's not worth to do the game over for 2 Vehicles.

I figured the Police couldn't be EC Black.  There was a list, actually, maybe IGN of which Vehicles can be made EP using Got Protection? and which Vehicles can be made EC Black.  There IS a short list of Vehicles in which could NOT be EC Black and I believe the Police was one of them, Barracks OL being another, Patriot, Maverick, etc, etc...

Well, that's cuz a Biker Angel is "heavier" than all those fragile and light Bikes, like a PCJ-600 and Sanchez.  The only Bikes that have a substantial weight to them are the Angels, Freeways, Wintergreens, things like that.  PCJ-600, Sanchez sucks as they are light.  Even if you have them in H Form, you fall off easily.  But the Angel/Freeway are the best, so if you have them in the actual H form, then you won't fall off barely at all.  PCJ-600 and Sanchez need to come up to a Vehicle very SLOWLY and once you collide with the Vehicle, THEN ACCELERATE and you won't fall off.  Whereas an Angel/Freeway, you can be going a decent speed and ram a Vehicle and WON'T fall off like you would the light PCJ-600 and Sanchez.

Bikes in general really suck and fall off easily in VC, SA (without high Bike Skill), and LCS.  VCS is SORT OF like SA (with higher Bike Skill).  I stay on my Bike in VCS a lot more.  Same with SA.  I fall off WAY TOO EASILY in VC and LCS.  VC and LCS have many samey things, both are easy games for 100%, there is even left over sh*t in LCS's Code from VC, like the Hunter, VCN Maverick, and sh*t like that.  So if you find LCS Bikes sh*t and easy to fall off, the same can be said about VC.  The only time Bikes in VC allow you to stay on them easier is if you play Mobile since they changed how Bikes handle and you fall off less, even if you are driving in reverse...There is also a trick in VC where you can make Tommy morphed into the Bike which allows you to remain on it forever, you CAN'T fall off of it.  It uses a Clothing Icon or something...It's on Youtube.

I always wanted this Biker Angel for years and no matter what, I am getting it for sure when I get to the Save that will contain this Bike.  Since it uses OM0 and I like doing all that at the END after I get all NORMAL Method Vehicles, it will have to wait, but I will surely get it.  As I said, only an AP/EC Maverick, H/EP/FP/PP/EC Flatbed, AP Police, and H/UH/AP/PP/WP Biker Angel that use OM0, so it's a short list of 4 OM0 Vehicles in this entire game so they will be obtained for sure!

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:19 AM Edited by RationalPsycho, 18 April 2017 - 02:57 AM.

The helicopter you pilot in "Last Stand" is identified as "car $5373", and, much later, after several "unknown_checks", becomes AP. Maybe it's AP as a wreck, because the immunities appear after "car $5373 wrecked". If so, it's outright impossible to get. Will check it when I get there.

I did. "Vigilante" doesn't stop the cutscene for some reason, and, after the cutscene ends, the game crashes anyway. Also, it's impossible to activate anything other than "Vigilante" at this point. The helicopter is not AP during the first cutscene atop Diaz's mansion, but has increased Health.

Confirmed: Falling off the Biker Angel when colliding is IMPOSSIBLE. The only two ways to fall off this bike are doing a dumb wheelie, or going fast in reverse, which can technically be done right after a collision if you're not careful, but the collision itself will NOT knock you off your bike. I went to the airport, and crashed into the wall at the end of the big runway, full speed, while leaning forward. Nothing happened. I was still riding the bike. This thing is f*cking unbelievable. It's not that much harder to fall off a Heavy/WP Sanchez than a regular one, and it's MUCH easier to fall off the railshooter Freeway and Angel in LCS than this Biker Angel. Less chance for crashes to knock you off is one thing, but NO CHANCE?! I don't know what's going on with the game's physics/mechanics, but I like it. The Biker Angel is definitely the best vehicle in the game, and one of the best Special Vehicles EVER.

So, I guess I'll stick with UH, too. Come to think of it, AP stands for "All-Proof", and means BP/FP/EP/DP (and MP in San Andreas) at once. While this does hold true for III, Vice City and San Andreas, when only taking into account the properties that can be stored in garages, it doesn't for the "Stories" games, as more properties can be kept after storage. Therefore, the Biker Angel is the only "true" AP vehicle in both LCS and VCS, since it is equipped with every single immunity available (plus Heavy/UH), but we still continue to refer to only the standard set of immunities (BP/FP/EP/DP) as AP for convenience, despite PP/TP/WP existing. UH could, however, sparkle some minor arguments, especially about the Jetmax. Is it UH or not? What about the rest of Heavy vehicles? Like that one time where silly RationalPsycho thought UH really made a difference on the Heavy Stinger.

Regarding the garage bug on PSP, I'm starting to become more confident on my suspicions. I beat the game and only lost vehicles once, out of carelessness. It's MUCH easier to counteract than people initially thought. Every time you exit a safehouse, before doing ANYTHING, check its respective garage (opening the door and letting it close), and that's it! Your vehicles are safe! Other interiors don't seem to affect the garages, according to my observations.

I watched jam8tone's videos about the Barracks OL from "Truck Stop". They appear black on his version, as well. It seems out of place for an army truck to always be black, but it's cool. Also, EC Black vehicles (like the ones converted using "In the Air Tonight") appear "less" black than the Barracks OL. They are more towards dark-grey, whereas the Barracks OL is pitch-black.

Also, I investigated a case regarding Taxis. As mentioned when I first started posting here, I'm having trouble keeping a Taxi/Cabbie in memory. I recently found out that they behave differently; the game takes into account a number of yet unknown factors (more research needed here), and uses them to keep Taxis in memory until you save and reload, EVEN IF NPCs ARE DRIVING THEM! I accidentally discovered about this, when I somehow came across a black Taxi during "In the Air Tonight" DRIVEN BY A TAXI DRIVER, and the hitmen weren't around (what gives?!). I completed the mission, set OM0 up to obtain the Biker Angel from the next mission, and when succeeded, I made a Save State in front of the garage. Then I said "let's test this beast!", and started cruising around the city. After a while, I came across the VERY SAME black Taxi from before! I could tell it was the same one, because I memorized the exact physical damage it had taken (broken doors, bumpers etc.). It was aimlessly driving around. I left the area without bothering with it, continued messing with the bike and other traffic, and eventually encountered it again. I knew I was into something, so I started a black Taxi hunt from that point forward, succeeding every time, at different parts of the city. When I once went to the other island, I returned and found its wreck, due to the PSP-exclusive upside-down glitch. I was blown away. That would explain the Taxi roadblock that wouldn't go away when I first started hunting for Special Vehicles. There is something up with this. I'll continue the investigation. It's annoying when you need to "break" the game with OM0, and can NOT reliably leave a Taxi in memory.

Speaking of, I looked into the upside-down glitch. When you go to the other island, or enter and exit an interior, all loaded vehicles will be upside down. It usually works, but not always. It may be useful to obtain the vehicles from races, but otherwise, it's a liability. Thanks to this glitch, you'll be having extra trouble keeping vehicles in memory (unless maybe TP) than you already do (VCS is pretty unstable on the matter), and during missions where you have to enter interiors. It happened to me twice during "Brawn of the Dead" and "In the Air Tonight". Thankfully, this sh*t is not present on the PS2, as far as I'm informed.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:10 PM

Biker Angel Video with CheatDevice is on Youtube for years and in the Video, after it was obtained, TheGlitcher was driving it around and I already saw the sheer power of this and how he didn't fall off the Bike...Ever, even going full force into Vehicles head on.  It's why a few weeks back, I was talking about it being the best ever and nothing like what you see in LCS as with the Biker Angel you don't fall off.  I don't know why it's like this, but it is.

The Biker Angel surely is awesome since it has ALL Properties but TP (Bikes Can't Be TP), EC/PC, and Unique.  However, it's "sort" of Unique since by the end of the Game and after taking over all 30 Empires, the Biker Angel can NOT be found anywhere but one place, Lance's Condo, south of the East Island.  Kinda like how at the end of the game in LCS, the only place to find a Sindacco Argento is in Firefighter in TP form.  They won't be found in traffic on the streets anymore on any Island.

People claim when a Vehicle has "more" Properties than just BP, DP, EP, FP...All those others along with it, it's called Alpha Proof, lol...

Think about it.  Firefighter Vehicles?  All TP.  Railshooter Bikes?  All H/UH/DP/EP/FP/PP/WP.  9MM Mayhem/Scooter Shooter?  In theory, all will probably be H/UH/WP, but since UH and WP don't seem to register on any Vehicle with 4 Tires (Perhaps a BF Injection can be WP, like it is during "The Chase" in VC since it's classified as a Bike), then only the single Bike found in these Missions can be H/UH/WP.  If you obtain the other Cars/Trucks/Vans and look at them under a Save Editor, you will see the flagged checked on for the Cars being UH and WP, but drive one into water.  You will die.  And they don't seem to turn like a 2.0 UH PCJ-600 or anything.  I just feel since they are Heavy, they grip the ground better, thus better turning without fish tailing.  Something else could be going on, as well, but I don't really consider them UH by definition, even if UH flag is on when you look at the Garage with said Vehicle under a Save Editor.  Just like VC.  AP PCJ-600, but only BP/EP/FP registers in-game, so why say it's AP?  Or the DP/EP/FP Squalo.  If DP doesn't register on a Boat, why say it's DP/EP/FP?  It's just EP/FP in the end, despite the Editor and Code saying it's DP/EP/FP.  Or in LCS, you don't hear me calling the Speeder from Shoot the Messenger AP, even though it is in the Code.  BP/EP/FP Properties register only.  So if any of those H Vehicles have a UH or WP or something, it's not something that registers in-game, so I don't even acknowledge it or talk about it as that will just confuse a noob to Special Vehicles who will think it's true as they don't know all the ins and outs about these games if they are inexperienced to Special Vehicles...

Maybe just a PSP thing.  As you can see, my Barracks OL's are bright green, like they should be, and how they look in all the other 3D Era GTA's.  So it's probably just a PSP thing as to why they are Black or something.  I don't know.  Actually, "Dark Grey" is seen on the H/EC Stallion from Marked Men.  I call it H/EC Black in Guide, but it's Dark Grey.  Comparing to the FP/PP/TP/EC Black Quad in When Funday Comes or the FP/PP/EC Black PCJ-600 from the Race.  I believe some Vehicles in which can be "Black" have a different shade of Black, or Dark Grey or something.  I've made 12 total EC Black Vehicles (AP/EC Black Sentinel XS and then 11 Vehicles for the old 3rd Save File) and depending on WHICH Vehicle was converted to Black, some look brighter and shinier than another.  I think it depends on the Vehicle of how the Black will look on it.  I made a Black Stallion in VC and it looks Midnight Black, far different to the Color of the Stallion from Marked Men in VCS.

Yeah, I have yet to see a Vehicle upside down on PS2.  It just doesn't happen, hence why I took 2+ hours to obtain the FP/PP/TP/EC Black Cheetah from a Race while slowly pushing it while it was right side up.  It takes 15 minutes or less when it's on its back, but when it's on all four tires, it's a nightmare slowly pushing that to the Ocean.

ITZ_CHAFIKO
  • ITZ_CHAFIKO

Rat

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:47 PM

I can't wait until this game comes to mobile.

SpriteFan274
  • SpriteFan274

Player

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:40 PM

VCS PS2 Save File from 2013:

101 Bayshore Avenue - EC Yellow/Green Streetfighter, H/PP Barracks OL, FP/PP/TP/EC Black Quad, EC Chrome Red Quad
The Compound - EC White Comet, H/PP/TP/EC Sky Blue Sentinel XS, UH Freeway, UH Wintergreen
The Clymenus Suite - AP Yola, AP/EC Black Sentinel XS, EC Chrome Red and Yellow Comet, H/EP/FP/PP/EC Chrome Red Infernus

I did a LCS and VCS Save as an inspiration from jam8tone. AP Sentinel XS was converted to EC Black. I remember jam8tone's intro video that warns people about garages eating vehicles, so back then I used to drive to every savehouse making sure that my vehicles are there, I took extreme caution eventhough I was on PS2 and that glitch doesn't exist there (or happens very rarely). Just wanted to share this small life achievement here.

I used this save to compare the EC White Comet with a regular white Comet from the traffic and concluded that the EC White really IS EC. Both are white but the EC one is slightly more whiter that the traffic one and while comparing them I saw that the traffic white Comet had some kind of very light blue-ish shade on it. 

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:49 AM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 28 April 2017 - 11:21 AM.

Man, a lot of similarities between the Vehicles YOU pick for a 1st Save File and the Vehicles I WOULD pick, as well...In fact, I have 9 out of 12 of yours already in my current (old) 1st Save File, lol...

Yeah, PS2, no need to worry.  Only a PSP issue...

Thanks for confirming the Comet as that was the only thing suspicious in VCS that I wasn't sure of.  Similar to how I compared in-game in LCS for the Bobcats and such.  There is White Bobcats in traffic, even identical to one of the Special Bobcats, however, the identical White is only EC2 due to the Brown Bumper and then the other White Bobcat is actually special in terms of the White and NOT the Bumper.  I compared in-game, side by side, with best lighting and saw the difference.  One was brighter than another.

Anyways, I will be doing my 1st of 4, 5, possibly 6 100% Saves for VCS in the next week or so...Can't wait to start and get the first set of 12 Special Vehicles in this game.  I have 36 already, but am redoing all this stuff AND THEN SOME.  When I finish, I'll have basically ALL existing Special Vehicles in VCS, sort of like how I have basically ALL existing Special Vehicles in LCS.  Only missing 5 in total for LCS (1 non-OM0 and 4 OM0 Vehicles), so I hope I can do this in VCS and gather up ALL or as many as I can like I did in LCS.

• SpriteFan274 likes this

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:10 PM Edited by RationalPsycho, 28 April 2017 - 07:44 PM.

In VCS, there are four time trials equivalent to "Bumps And Grinds":

1. Sanchez

2. Quad

3. BMX

4. Jetski (Watersports, unlocked after "Say Cheese")

I went ahead and tried duping all four of them with various stuff, hoping to get that LCS' amazing setup in VCS. They are not 100% identical, so each one of them behaves differently. Here is a list of side missions that do NOT work:

Vigilante

Taxi Driver

Paramedic

Firefighter

Air Rescue

Fire Copter

Crash!

Extortion (Protection Racket)

Pimping (Prostitution)

That's all I've managed to test so far, with every single one of the time trials. The game always crashed afterwards. Of course, since I'm playing on the PSP version, I can't test things like "Rush!". Also, although not 100% sure, each job from the likes of Drugs, Smuggling and Robbery might count as a separate mission altogether. Regardless, I once attempted to dupe Smuggling mission 1: "The Drop" with "Quad Bike Time Trials" and...

qbK6o96.jpg

Sadly, attempting to cancel the course in any way results in weird effects, and eventually crashing. Came pretty damn close to a "Bumps And Grinds" dupe, didn't I?

A word on the EC Black conversion. Either it is very easy, or I was lucky. I managed to convert multiple vehicles, and even test some others, like the Police car in one go, first try too. Any isolated place works fine, including the 101 Bayshore Avenue safehouse, not just the location jam8tone shows. Also, infinite waves of hitmen spawn after you kill the current ones, until you drive Reni to the airport. Moreover, Reni wasn't being much of a burden to me; he/she(?) was loyally following me the entire time. For those who are interested, it shouldn't be too hard to convert several vehicles in a row, with only one mission attempt.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:44 PM

Yeah, if you check back in the BEGINNING of the Guide, Arsen Vitiuk and I were talking about being able to convert multiple EC Black Vehicles all at once and then passing the Mission when finished about a year ago.  It's not very hard.  Sometimes Reni will get killed by them, though, since they run Reni over sometimes.  Arsen Vitiuk thought of trapping Reni in a Garage while you make EC Black Vehicles as Reni is a liability sometimes...

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:59 PM

@Rational, use Maverick Tours + Quad(?) mission, it will work same as B&G but starting any mission with "Course text" will crash anyway.

• NOskillx likes this

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:47 AM Edited by RationalPsycho, 29 April 2017 - 06:48 AM.

Holy sh*t, you're right! :wtf: "Vice Sights" + "Quad Bike Time Trials" worked, but starting a mission caused the game to crash! Why is this even a thing? In LCS, it works just fine with all missions. I made a guess that the OM state during the course menu may differ between the two games, but that can't be true, since you can start missions in both cases.

Regardless, even if it worked, it wouldn't be that convenient, because after pressing O, no matter where you are, you get teleported next to the Quad's initial place, so no movement during cutscenes.

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:22 AM

In lcs i belive B&G "Course text" aren't considered mission at all, it's something between,
Where in vcs case, it's considered mission even in Main.scm, so, in theory i... think? there won't be any "major" glitches-... Imight be wrong.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:39 AM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 29 April 2017 - 08:23 PM.

Bumps and Grinds 10 Courses....Add +10 when you finish all 10 without failing.  BMX Time Trials, Quad Time Trials, and Sanchez Time Trials in VCS only add +1 when the SET is complete.  So ALL Sanchez Time Trials add +1 when you finish the SET.  All BMX Time Trials add +1 when you finish the SET.  All Quad Time Trials add +1 when you finish the SET.

So they differ in how they are calculated in the Stats with Mission Attempts, too...

Looks like VCS can't be penetrated with OM0.  There isn't much left in this game that I would want, anyways, other than the Stinger from Jive Drive and the Barracks OL from From Zero to Hero.  Perhaps the Unique/AP Domestoboto, as well.

Did we find a working, reliable, better Method for the AP/EC Maverick yet?  I'd say that is priority right now in the VCS Special Vehicles...

EDIT: Ok, I remade my Lists for VCS and now have a total of SIX Save Files to do for VCS until I practically get ALL existing Special Vehicles like I did for LCS:

VCS 1st Save File Special Vehicles:

EC Streetfighter, BP/PP Barracks OL, H/EC Stallion, EC Quad, UH Freeway, UH Wintergreen, H/PP/TP/EC Sentinel XS, H/PP/TP/EC Bobcat, H/EP/FP/PP/EC Infernus, AP Yola, BP/FP/PP/EC Stretch, AP/EC Sentinel XS

VCS 2nd Save File Special Vehicles:

H/PP Barracks OL, H/FP/PP/EC Walton, FP/PP/TP/EC Quad, BP/FP/EC Pony, EC Comet, UH Ventoso, FP/EC Sentinel XS, EP/FP PCJ-600, EC Comet, H/EC Boxville, EP/FP/TP/EC Admiral, EP/FP/TP/EC Perennial

VCS 3rd Save File Special Vehicles:

FP/PP/EC Perennial, FP/EC Bobcat, EP Patriot, FP/PP/TP/EC Quad, FP Cuban Hermes, PP/EC Pony, H/UH/AP Jetmax, EP/FP/TP/EC Glendale, EP/FP/TP/EC Landstalker, EP/FP/TP/EC Rumpo, BP/PP/EC Sanchez, BP/PP/EC Ventoso

VCS 4th Save File Special Vehicles:

EP/EC NE Taxi, EP Gang Rancher, FP/PP/TP/EC Quad, FP/EC Pony, FP/PP Barracks OL, H/WP Sanchez, FP/PP/EC PCJ-600, FP/PP/TP/EC Cheetah, FP/PP/TP/EC Infernus, FP/PP/TP/EC Stinger, H/EC Linerunner, BP/PP/EC BF Injection

VCS 5th Save File Special Vehicles:

PP Cholo Sabre, PP Cuban Hermes, PP/EC Pony, PP/EC Flatbed, FP/EC Washington, FP/EC Greenwood, FP/EC Oceanic, FP/EC Moonbeam

VCS 6th Save File Special Vehicles:

AP VCPD Cruiser, AP/EC Maverick, H/EP/FP/PP/EC Flatbed, H/UH/AP/PP/WP Biker Angel, FP Securicar, EC BF Injection, Barracks OL (Unique Variation)

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:56 PM

Are you going to fix guide, where it says only "AP Sentinel XS" where its AP & UC2

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2017 - 02:00 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 30 April 2017 - 02:00 PM.

Eventually.  Still need to add in the AP VCPD Cruiser and H/UH/AP/PP/WP Biker Angel, as well...

Updating LCS Guide for now...

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:48 AM Edited by RationalPsycho, 01 May 2017 - 01:25 PM.

In "So Long Schlong" during the "Vic, save me!" cutscene in the compound, a new Comet is generated, and I think it's AP. Can't confirm, though, because there's not enough time to test it before the game crashes. Even if it is, though, nothing is working, so it's currently completely out of reach.

I took a look into "Jive Drive"'s script. I don't exactly know what's going on there, but I get the impression that the Stinger is plain Heavy, which sucks. It might also be PP or something, who knows. Unless someone has already identified and confirmed its properties - probably Bender., since he appears to have found pretty much everything. I can tell for sure that during the railshooting, it is NOT EP.

Speaking of EP, if I recall correctly, the Stretch only spawns on the east Island. There is also a BP/PP one available to buy outside Sunshine Autos, but this is unlocked much later, after "Kill Phil", so it's another good candidate for EP conversion with "Got Protection?", like the Gang Rancher.

I remember continuously asking for a way to exit interiors in an "unorthodox" way. I found one, but not during a mission. It involves the "Quad Bike Time Trials" dupe (equivalent to "Bumps And Grinds". Thanks to Bender. again. Seriously, how long has it been since you discovered this one?): Enter an interior, activate a course, or cancel the menu, and done! If you do this inside the Mall, the Ghost Town glitch from Vice City comes back, although only limited to the west Island. I also got the BMX out of the Mall, which is useless, but possible.

Even if I could exit interiors like this during missions, it wouldn't be very useful, since I already found a way to get the AP Police cars, and the duped Domestobot does not remain inside the mansion after mission failure. It is possible to get the main one out of the mansion, but it's no use.

Also, I found a good real life suicide method for anyone who has OCD about the stats. It involves the time trials. Just press X when in a locked course. I pressed it to accelerate forward during the Quad dupe, and before I figured out what's going on, my Mission Attempts skyrocketed from 80 to 1090! I don't know if this also happens in LCS, but it's funny! :lol:

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:56 PM

about day or so trying every single mission (Quad glitch)

Stinger - nearly everything i've tested had strange results like 7? diffrent results in total, from freeroaming durning mission* (while Stinger was destroyed) to duping mission 4times* (duped stinger won't move its just sit there waiting for be picked, sadly, you can't exit stinger if You are not om0) if there would be way to dupe JiveDive Twice AND get Om0 again, stinger is obtainable.

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2017 - 03:30 PM

You mean you found it around the same time I was looking for it, while making a list of things that don't work?! If so, great. We have another ninja here. :ph34r:

About the Stinger, the method you're referring to is tripling, I'm pretty sure. As of yet, no one has done such a thing in VCS. It is possible in Vice City, San Andreas, and even LCS (Lennart - found this one), but not VCS, unfortunately. Personally, I once tried to obtain this one, but I just couldn't dupe the mission without crashing.

I thought about using the Race menu like the "Bumps And Grinds" courses in LCS, but I'm not sure how that would work out. I might start messing around with it.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2017 - 03:37 PM

Woah...The Race Menu might actually work...

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 01 May 2017 - 03:45 PM

no, i tested race menu, it crashes in about 80% of missions i belive, might work with one, who knows, and about quad menu, well i've discovered it like 4months ago or so.

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:46 AM

With the recent discovery of the AP Hunter in mind (VCS is crying in a corner :cry: ), I tried to get one inside the Clymenus Suite garage. It doesn't fit; apparently the garage is not "tall" enough for the Hunter, whereas things like Coach and Rhino fit just fine! And the Rhino and Yankee struggle to get inside the Shoreside Vale garage! What the hell? I still like the Clymenus Suite garage better than the Shoreside Vale one, though, because it doesn't hire my vehicles to work as strippers. It's not like we're missing out on much, anyway, except a DP Armadillo, when an AP Maverick exists.

"Brawn of the Dead". I used a Vice City Save Editor I found, to check the coordinates of the Heavy/WP (they are confirmed to be one and the same on bikes) Ventoso's spawn location (the map is pretty much the same). The scooter is apparently located in the upper left side of the Mall, presumably in place of the BMX (?). During the filming, your movement is limited, and the camera is set to cinematic in the second part, so it's tough to even locate the bike. Assuming it does spawn inside the Mall and is possible to temporarily obtain by any means, great. How do we get it out? In theory, it is possible, since I managed to get the BMX outside, but, in practice, I highly doubt it will stay in memory throughout the whole setup. Regardless, judging by my experience with the Faggiot in LCS, a Heavy Ventoso would be pretty much useless and impractical; what do you need it for, other than just to have it? Not to mention a UH Ventoso already exists.

Also, I once read about a plain Heavy Bobcat. What mission is this? I took a look into the script, but couldn't find it.

no, i tested race menu, it crashes in about 80% of missions i belive, might work with one, who knows

You're right. I've tested most things so far, and nothing seems to work at all. This game is desperately in need of a good breakthrough, isn't it?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:30 AM

It's jam8tone's Video and was in the previous Pages of the Comments...

You can even pass this Mission and get it if you want.  So a free H Bobcat!  But I rather the H/PP/TP/EC Bobcat AT THE SAME TIME as the H/PP/TP/EC Sentinel XS, thus one failure, thus the Bobcat was a freebie, basically.  Even though you're failing, you're failing and getting TWO Vehicles out of it, so it's still best in the end instead of getting the Sentinel XS with failure, skipping the H/PP/TP/EC Bobcat and getting just a regular H Bobcat with passing.  I don't need an inferior Bobcat...

• NOskillx likes this

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:11 PM Edited by RationalPsycho, 16 May 2017 - 06:20 AM.

What the hell? Nothing "very_heavy" is mentioned during "Takin' Out the White-Trash" in the script. That said, the mission "Purple Haze" has nothing, either, but I suspect the Linerunner that rams your van is not "normal". Can't figure out a way to get my hands on it, though.

Also, what's up with the Biplane that starts "Crims on Wings?" I was messing around with the Biker Angel, and when I got to the airport, I decided to ram the plane full speed, to see how far it goes. To my surprise, it didn't even start smoking! So I kept smashing it back and forth, took it for a flight, crashed into buildings, rammed it with the Heavy Flatbed, and still NOTHING! It just wouldn't feel a thing! Is it DP, does it have a VERY low collision multiplier, or is it just programmed NOT to take physical damage, like how boats don't catch fire when upside down? Any other form of weapon (bullets, fire, explosives) wrecks it just fine, though.

Speaking of the Heavy Flatbed, I'm almost certain that this one is also QD. It can take quite a beating for a Heavy vehicle before being totalled, almost like a normal Flatbed. Too bad it performs like the Heavy Patriot and Cartel Cruiser in LCS, though; makes a flip when colliding with lower vehicles, and usually lands upside down.

Finally, Lennart - made a video about the AP Police car, although he doesn't explain the exact timing of the buttons; if you just keep mashing X, the game will most likely crash, or the mission will not be duped properly. Here it is:

Cheers, man! :^:

• NOskillx likes this

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:22 PM Edited by Bender.ㅤ, 13 May 2017 - 05:41 PM.

Strange.... there seems to be VCN Maverick somewhere in Crims on Wings mission...

PSP US:

:AIRRACE_1816
  0@ == 1 // (int) var == num 
jump_if_false @AIRRACE_1855 
0160: load_model #VCNMAV 
:AIRRACE_1833
8161:   not model #VCNMAV available 
jump_if_false @AIRRACE_1855 
0001: wait 0 ms 
0002: jump @AIRRACE_1833 
:AIRRACE_6462
0162: release_model #VCNMAV