Photo

GTA2 Radar

45 replies to this topic
slowhands111
  • slowhands111

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 March 2016 - 11:38 AM

I think the mod is good as it is but I can imagine an alternative (only theoretically), which of course would probably only work with widescreen monitors and would be interesting for new players which start to learn the map. It would be a map in very small scale in one corner which shows only the player location on the map and the destinations in missions, so that the player is free to choose his own way to the destinations without getting too much distracted or absorbed by any gps.

Molotok
  • Molotok

K.G.B. Agent

• Members

Posted 07 March 2016 - 02:50 PM

Reading this topic and the multiplayer one, just a small note: not everything is a freakin mod, lol. This is an external program and it doesn´t change anything in the game at all. The multiplayer prog exists since ages too. :whistle:

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 09 March 2016 - 07:40 AM

I actually called my youtube video "GTA2 Radar mod" but only because I know that's what people search for. It doesn't actually mod GTA2 files or write to GTA2 memory. It just reads from GTA2 memory.

I renamed the video "GTA2 Radar app" but now people will probably think it's for mobile phones, which isn't a bad idea, I will probably make a mobile phone version or at least a browser version.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 09 March 2016 - 07:43 AM

I actually called my youtube video "GTA2 Radar mod" but only because I know that's what people search for. It doesn't actually mod GTA2 files or write to GTA2 memory. It just reads from GTA2 memory.

I renamed the video "GTA2 Radar app" but now people will probably think it's for mobile phones, which isn't a bad idea, I will probably make a mobile phone version or at least a browser version.

So, it's a Side Loaded Program then?

I'm cool with that. :)

Azurex
  • Azurex

✓ Certified trash

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:22 AM Edited by Azurex, 16 May 2016 - 07:32 AM.

Unfortunately, the mod has suddenly stopped working for me. Just getting a white screen, no matter where the base files are located. Ah well, it was good while it lasted.

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:21 PM

Is it just a white background? Do you still see icons? Maybe one of the generated map images got corrupted. Try deleting all the images from gta2radar\maps folder.

Azurex
  • Azurex

✓ Certified trash

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:57 PM

Is it just a white background? Do you still see icons? Maybe one of the generated map images got corrupted. Try deleting all the images from gta2radar\maps folder.

The entire window is white. No icons, nothing. Really confused, because it was working perfectly fine previously.

I installed Vike's 11.44 patch, because I thought I didn't already have it, but I actually did. Ever since then, the radar addon has stopped working. Not sure what I can do, honestly. I thought the addon was compatible with it?

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:25 PM

Yes it's compatible with vike's version, that's the version that I prefer. Not sure what else to suggest other than clean install or updating video drivers. It would be easier if my app had some text output but I don't know when I will have time to update it.

Azurex
  • Azurex

✓ Certified trash

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:31 PM

Huh! It's working again. Must've been that last Windows update.

Ah well! Also, thank you so much once again for creating this fantastic addon. Can't tell you how much of a game changer it really is, as someone who adores this game, but has only played it entirely once.

lastpackage
  • lastpackage

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 May 2017 - 12:14 AM Edited by lastpackage, 08 May 2017 - 12:14 AM.

Unfortunelly, some pickups aren't shown on the map after saving and loading the game. For example invulnerability in left top corner. They are still in the game world, I checked, they just aren't shown on the map, I'm using version 11.44.
Before saving:
Spoiler

After saving and loading:
Spoiler

I didn't picked any pickups meantime. Is there any chances of fixing this bug? I would really like to beat 100% with this radar.
  • Sektor likes this

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 08 May 2017 - 12:31 AM Edited by Sektor, 08 May 2017 - 12:34 AM.

Thanks for the bug report, the memory address probably changes, I'll try to fix it next weekend or when I get time.  Interesting that only some of the invuls seems to be missing.  It's been a long time since I looked at this code, it needs a lot of improvements.

• lastpackage likes this

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:52 AM Edited by Sektor, 14 May 2017 - 07:01 AM.

GTA2 Radar v0.2

Added an alternative pointer check for object locations to fix the detection of objects/powerups when loading saved games (thanks to lastpackage for the bug report)

Added token, invul, double damage, fast reload, invis and kill frenzy count to the titlebar.

gta2radarv0.2.jpg

• Jeansowaty and lastpackage like this

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:33 AM

Can you make it possible to have the application files in the same directory as the GTA2 executable? I'd like to keep it all together.

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:54 AM Edited by Sektor, 23 May 2017 - 10:59 AM.

Can you make it possible to have the application files in the same directory as the GTA2 executable? I'd like to keep it all together.

It should work in GTA2 folder if you disable UAC or put your GTA2 folder somewhere writable (not program files).  I might make it write the generated maps to pictures or documents folder in a future version.  I could also include pregenerated images for all the default maps, so writing wouldn't be required unless you played a custom map.  I'd like to add an option to use the PDF/scanned physical version of the maps.  There are many other features I would like to add but my time is limited.

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:27 AM Edited by Helegad, 24 May 2017 - 05:28 AM.

Cool, I'll try that later. It sh*ts me that you went with "invun" and "invi" instead of "invun/invin" or "invi/invu" though.

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:27 AM

I just used the first 5 letters of invisibility and invulnerability but I could use the first 4. I might just remove all but tokens and kill frenzy count from title since most other power ups respawn. The others were only there so I could see at a glance if I was detecting them all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users