Photo

[REL|L.A. Noire] DualShock 3 button prompts

12 replies to this topic
Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

DualShock 3 Buttons EVERYWHERE

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:22 AM Edited by Blackbird88, 10 March 2017 - 10:51 PM.

So after finishing Saints Row 3/IV/GooH prompts, I went to investigate how to make ones for L.A. Noire. I already got the finished texture ripped from PS3 by huckleberrypie from XeNTaX forums, but the problem was that according to him it only worked on early pirated version which could load unencrypted archives. Steam version, being patched to latest version had no such luck.
Then from some looking around the XeNTaX I found out L.A. Noire could possibly load modified files from folders as long the folder structure and naming is kept. The instructions were vague, but I tried bunch of options and then I figured it out and it started working!
Gentlemen, I present you another DS3 mod!

Screenshots:
(Click for bigger ones!!)
rVBLDodl.jpggOGOIurl.jpg
UMCS4gJl.jpgcWhDLwZl.jpg

Installation:

Simply put the out folder into your L.A.Noire folder. It should look like this \Steam\steamapps\common\L.A.Noire\out\fonts\tutorial_font_0.dds

DOWNLOAD

Credits and thanks to:
lpgunit - He's the one that actually made the mod! He ripped the texture from PS3 version and passed it to me. All the thanks shall be directed to him for making this possible in the first place! I am just glorified file juggler :D

Report any bugs in the thread if you found any!!! KEEP IN MIND THIS IS INTENDED FOR THE STEAM VERSION. I TAKE NO GUARANTEE RETAIL WORKS TOO.
  • lpgunit, George Costanza, Jinx. and 6 others like this

George Costanza
  • George Costanza

• The Yardies
  • None
  • [Rockstar Editor Awards 2017] Best Rockstar Editor Short
    Best Total Overhaul 2017 Contribution [GTA: Underground]
    l33t p05T3r 5t34l3r 2017
    Worst Sheep 2017
    Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:42 AM

You should make workshop/page for all these DS prompts mods.
  • lpgunit, Blackbird88, Jinx. and 1 other like this

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:32 PM Edited by lpgunit, 10 January 2016 - 12:44 PM.

'Swell work dude, glad you sort of finished what I started with the out.wad folder trick you mentioned. I think it's a leftover feature intended by Bondi/R* to quickly load and swap assets ad hoc without having to repack all of them to a gigabyte-huge archive.

And yes, I am huckleberrypie. :p I originally made the mod as I felt that the Xbox buttons just won't cut it for me, and I had a knockoff Dualshock controller at the time which made interrogating a bit difficult when the T/D/L buttons are different.
  • Blackbird88 and George Costanza like this

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:41 PM Edited by Blackbird88, 10 January 2016 - 12:41 PM.

'Swell work dude, glad you sort of finished what I started with the out.wad folder trick you mentioned. I think it's a leftover feature intended by Bondi/R* to quickly load and swap assets ad hoc without having to repack all of them to a gigabyte-huge archive.

And yes, I am huckleberrypie. :p

Yeah that is very likely as rebuilding the archives every time to test changes would be huge waste of time. I had no clue you're here on GTAF btw  :D

• lpgunit likes this

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:53 PM

And yes, I am huckleberrypie. :p

Yeah that is very likely as rebuilding the archives every time to test changes would be huge waste of time. I had no clue you're here on GTAF btw  :D

The avatar's a giveaway xD

Yeah, it does figure, especially as by the time they felt like the game's ready to ship that's where you really need to bake those assets to a series of archives in one fell swoop. Now I wonder if that applies to other assets as well besides out.wad and DLC. We could probably do an HD texture mod for some of the game's assets as they look butt-ugly compared to the rest like clue items and so forth.

El Dorado
  • El Dorado

If it keeps on rainin' levee's goin' to break

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:39 PM

Mafia II need something like this

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:41 PM

Good point! I'll look into that later. Someone already made a mod to replace the stupid B1/B2/B3/B4 buttons with 360 ones.

• lpgunit and Mega like this

George Costanza
  • George Costanza

• The Yardies
  • None
  • [Rockstar Editor Awards 2017] Best Rockstar Editor Short
    Best Total Overhaul 2017 Contribution [GTA: Underground]
    l33t p05T3r 5t34l3r 2017
    Worst Sheep 2017
    Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:49 PM

pre AC4 games need dis (or only Brotherhood - 3 i think before that they used different layout)
  • Mega likes this

El Dorado
  • El Dorado

If it keeps on rainin' levee's goin' to break

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:14 PM

Good point! I'll look into that later. Someone already made a mod to replace the stupid B1/B2/B3/B4 buttons with 360 ones.

But it's bugged. The buttons do appear ok, but the menu fonts got screwed up (assuming I didin't do nothing wrong when installing it)

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:56 PM

No thanks to 2K pressuring Illusion/2K Czech to do their bidding i.e. rush through production with a half-finished game and sell the culled parts as DLCs.
  • Blackbird88 likes this

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Spilled coffee on Laptop. no more mods

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2016 - 08:26 AM

So after finishing Saints Row 3/IV/GooH prompts, I went to investigate how to make ones for L.A. Noire. I already got the finished texture ripped from PS3 by huckleberrypie from XeNTaX forums, but the problem was that according to him it only worked on early pirated version which could load unencrypted archives. Steam version, being patched to latest version had no such luck.
Then from some looking around the XeNTaX I found out L.A. Noire could possibly load modified files from folders as long the folder structure and naming is kept. The instructions were vague, but I tried bunch of options and then I figured it out and it started working!
Gentlemen, I present you another DS3 mod!

Screenshots:
(Click for bigger ones!!)
rVBLDodl.jpggOGOIurl.jpg
UMCS4gJl.jpgcWhDLwZl.jpg

Installation:

Simply put the out folder into your L.A.Noire folder. It should look like this \Steam\steamapps\common\L.A.Noire\out\fonts\tutorial_font_0.dds

DOWNLOAD

Credits and thanks to:
huckleberrypie - He's the one that actually made the mod! He ripped the texture from PS3 version and passed it to me. All the thanks shall be directed to him for making this possible in the first place! I am just glorified file juggler :D

Report any bugs in the thread if you found any!!! KEEP IN MIND THIS IS INTENDED FOR THE STEAM VERSION. I TAKE NO GUARANTEE RETAIL WORKS TOO.

now im interested in finishing LA Noire ;) thank you black
  • lpgunit likes this

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 11 January 2016 - 12:15 PM Edited by Blackbird88, 11 January 2016 - 01:41 PM.

pls don't quote the whole thing! :D

And yes it's great game. It's kind of like mix of GTA's gameplay + interrogation and finding clues.

The mocap faces are also very nice and we probably won't see that technology used for a long time due to the costs. Shame the faces are so low-res.

• lpgunit likes this

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 11 January 2016 - 01:31 PM

pls don't quote the whole thing! :D
And yes it's great game. It's kind of like mix of GTA's gameplay + interrogation and finding clues.
The mocap faces are also very nice and we probably won't see that technology used for a long due to the costs. Shame the faces are so low-res.

256x256 if I'm not mistaken, only to be smeared by a Vaseline filter to make up for it. Had they used a 2K or 4K cam it would've been golden, but, well, you know.

I think Need for Speed: Carbon sort of went with the same route. Data mining through character files show facial mocap textures for Neville and the others.
  • Blackbird88 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users