Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V Re-Sized ( Not Just Another FPS improvement Mod )

225 replies to this topic
n8gamez1
  • n8gamez1

Str8 Ballin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:40 AM Edited by n8gamez1, 26 January 2016 - 10:06 PM.

Welcome  1f9bcf-9.jpg Frey to the team and Great Job out of the Starting Gate.

We are blessed with the contributions from the community and want to welcome our Newest contributor of the Mod FreyKun!!

He has begun the translation of the install instructions and Read This files into accurate Russian translations.

Also he is going to write up and promote the Mod on the Russian site!

But that's not all he also will be uploading the mod to provide a torrent site for faster download speeds!!

What an awesome community.

• Sweet Bellic likes this

n8gamez1
  • n8gamez1

Str8 Ballin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:21 PM Edited by n8gamez1, 21 January 2016 - 07:29 PM.

Torrent is active and in the repository for those who really want faster download speeds! 

Big thank you to Frey for providing the torrent version!

n8gamez1
  • n8gamez1

Str8 Ballin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:51 PM Edited by n8gamez1, 21 January 2016 - 09:49 PM.

There seems to be a severe Lack of input on what the mod did for people. Please if you download this mod share with us here what it did for you. This will help us greatly, for it is nothing when I say it, but for one of you who enjoyed the mod to tell your experience is much more believable!
We don't mind pouring our time and effort into the development of this mod. Especially when it is seemingly helping so many people. We hope it is not too much to ask you to post your improvements to the game play that this mod offers. If you can please make a video to show before and after installing the Mod. I know there are many who enjoy doing that sort of thing so we turn to the Community that is helping to develop and encourage the continuation of this mod along. 
Thank You for your support!!

n8gamez1
  • n8gamez1

Str8 Ballin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:13 AM Edited by n8gamez1, 22 January 2016 - 08:16 AM.

We have been hard at work keeping up the sites but also continuing on the Mods progress. With GTA V Re-Sized now available from two cloud storage's and a torrent.

The MOD has been downloaded almost 1,800 times in the 11 days it has been up.

In that time there have only been about 6 people who had issues installing it and 1 person who hoped to see more FPS improvement from it. Not Bad!

This mod does not merely improve the FPS it makes the game run smoother by down-sizing the images to Normal sized (512).

When the mod is fully up we will continue the edits further.

Currently our focus has been on things like:

props, i.e.: candy wrappers, potted plants, bottles, cups, bags of chips, boxes, dresser, washing machines, etc.

Also we focused on the Roads and sidewalks, Plants, Dumpsters, Electrical Boxes, trash cans, fire-hydrants, vehicles etc.

We are planning to also do the peds which will really make a big difference.

As for now the mod is progressing very nicely!

Thank you for your interest, though it is merely me commenting on this page when I came to post just now I saw that though I have only 30 posts here there have been 1,184 views.

WE hope this mod gives you at least 7 more FPS and makes your game play much smoother with no more stuttering. 

Once we turn our focus to the Peds we anticipate much more improvement.

Peace, N8Gamez

Daybreak Hunter
  • Daybreak Hunter

The Civilian Mascot

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 January 2016 - 11:58 AM

so uh , this mod should increase FPS by a large scale ? 

boludoz
  • boludoz

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 22 January 2016 - 02:51 PM

dont is posible make it compatible with online mode

¿?

n8gamez1
  • n8gamez1

Str8 Ballin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:31 PM Edited by n8gamez1, 22 January 2016 - 08:28 PM.

so uh , this mod should increase FPS by a large scale ? 

It will increase FPS some but the major improvement comes in the removal of stuttering. So it bumps you FPS some and smooths the game play, all while freeing some memory so more ambient effects can be seen, more rotations when spinning out in cars, etc. As stated it is not just an another FPS improvement. Currently we are working on Peds and this will provide another boost since htere are so many Peds with massive textured watches and necklaces or rings that you really don't look at. The less the cpu/gpu have to deal with the more room it has to work with. :)

dont is posible make it compatible with online mode

¿?

Not possible as R* server will reject the modded files and delete them when going online.

For online play the bat files and bonus tool can help for faster game speed and give a minor FPS boost.

Currently people have reported a 6-9 FPS improvement but also notice the much smoother gameplay now that much stuttering is gone. The mod is still in progress so there are still many areas that the game stutters. When completed we anticipate a smooth motion through-out the game world on top of the FPS improvement! By then we hope to see even more FPS increase.

Peace, N8Gamez

n8gamez1
  • n8gamez1

Str8 Ballin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:46 PM

How about some new input?

How many people would mind the weapons being Re-Sized? Keep in mind that the weapons have massive textures and when 4 cops pull their guns..... and you got one too it can slow the game and get a bit stuttery. Weapons are in your face when shooting so it is nice to see them in high quality, so if there are enough votes to Re-Size weapons, ( with a minimal loss of quality ), we will address that too. They have been left for now since they are center stage with the main characters. We could provide a patch for them like we did with car interiors so people who want better textures can reinsert them into the game.

n8gamez1
  • n8gamez1

Str8 Ballin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2016 - 12:28 AM

More improvements on the way and we are well on the path to another successful upload soon!

n8gamez1
  • n8gamez1

Str8 Ballin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2016 - 10:21 PM

Today I am taking the day off from the mods progression to spend some time with my Nephew to learn more about coding/scripting. :) 

We have seen much progress with this mod in the less than 2 weeks since it's first posting. We are very Pleased with the over 1,700 combined downloads there have only been a few who had issue installing and less than 3 who did not like the mod. :)

This is encouraging to us to continue with the efforts and improve on the mods potential of overall game improvement. 

GTA V Re-Sized is not just another FPS improvement Mod!!

Re-Sizing the images lowers the demand on CPU/GPU.

Reduce the demand on GPU/CPU and you also extend battery life of your portable device! 

Re-Sizing the images lowers demand on Memory.

More memory available more ambient effects/physics the game can generate!

With less demand on CPU/GPU/Memory the game can draw more Frames Per Second and provide a smooth non-stuttering gameplay!

We know the files are large, that is how Rockstar made them but the Re-Sized project includes too many images in various locations of each rpf that the only viable way to provide it is packaged in the original archives.

We are confident that in downloading this Mod you WILL SEE an increase of FPS, more action of the game and a much smoother game!

Peace, N8Gamez

n8gamez1
  • n8gamez1

Str8 Ballin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2016 - 08:18 PM Edited by n8gamez1, 24 January 2016 - 08:16 PM.

I am pleased to inform that we are working on a very cool tool that will make running and installing this mod,( or ANY mods), Much easier!
Drag and drop the modded files into a dropzone folder and when the file is launched it reads the dropzone folder and checks it against the existing files of the original game.
Renames the original into a .ogv folder and renames the mods to the root folder of game. So when you launch the tool it will identify any mods placed in the dropzone folder and import them for the game.
Rebuilds the vanilla after game closes so you are always on a vanilla game version to start.
Another similar version of this tool will work with two installations of game and simply rename each so your vanilla can be protected. ie.: GTAV to GTAV_vanilla and GTAV_Modded when game closes it restores them back.

We are still very interested in how people feel about the re-sizing of Weapons!!!!

They are spawned in multiplicity and can bog memory/cpu/gpu especially since so many mods add more police force.

We look to the community to inform us of this. 

I am of an opinion it should be done.

n8gamez1
  • n8gamez1

Str8 Ballin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:41 PM Edited by n8gamez1, 25 January 2016 - 08:43 PM.

Here is a comment from a modder about his experience with our mod.

@N8Gamez Ok, here's my review. Now for starters I have a decent system and I run a lot of mods, script, asi and a lot of increased textures for major stuff, so I didn't expect miracles as i already optimize it to death and run a custom .bat file to launch. 
You definitely earned the five star rating I gave you. Although I saw only maybe a 2 fps increase overall, it was much more stable a frame rate with a huge reduction in micro-stutter. I'll take a consistent 30 considering how hard I tax my CPU and GPU already. I was getting frequent dips to 15-26, now I get occasional dips to 26 and it runs smoothly with 29-32 average. 
I run 30+ script mods, some of them rather taxing, along with the realism mod that improves how everything major looks, and puts a major increase in traffic and peds as well as rewrites the cops ai and adds towtrucks and rollovers. I also changed my settings file to city density 1.4, ped/vehicle variety to 10 and my lod distances to 8. so I know where my frame rate is eaten up. This reduction is minor items size makes a definite improvement even on a heavily abused and altered game. Thanks to you man!

n8gamez1
  • n8gamez1

Str8 Ballin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2016 - 04:43 AM

The increase of FPS may not be much for some and better for others, but no matter what this mod smooths out the game play and affords the extra something for you to push the game engine beyond and to new levels. We are working on a tool that will be very helpful to install this and any mods with ease. It is not yet finished yet but going along very nicely and will make modding a little easier too!

So again this mod stands up to its name in that "It's Not just another FPS improvement Mod"!

We look forward to continuing the expansion of function and feature while continuing the Re-Size of the Archives.

Thank you all for your interest and encouragement shown by the 2,000 downloads in 15 days we are assured that our long and hard efforts of creating this Mod Project are well received and worth it.

N8Gamez

n8gamez1
  • n8gamez1

Str8 Ballin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2016 - 10:04 PM

GTA V Re-Sized is continuing the expansion not only of function and features of the Mod but of our Crew!

We are pleased to welcome
12647245_1135798736453503_57022388295159
decoded4620 to our Team.

We are on a new horizon of the development and decoded4620 is bringing a new tool that will make running Mods much easier and clean. This new tool will make installing this or any other mods a snap as well as make it so the game is always left in a clean vanilla state.

GTA V Re-Sized continue to stand up to its name sake in that it is Not just another FPS improvement Mod, it does much more than that.

Peace, N8Gamez!

n8gamez1
  • n8gamez1

Str8 Ballin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2016 - 10:10 PM Edited by n8gamez1, 26 January 2016 - 10:11 PM.

Police officers, sheriff and swat teams re-sized so when you get into deep gun battle with the cops it should not stutter any more. We are also focusing on the gang members then weapons that the gangs and cops use so there is even less stutter during heated exchanges of heavy gunfire and massive police forces!

Updates just days away, first we need to sync our repositories then deploy the update by the end of this week!

Thank you all for keeping an eye and interest in the mods development.

We stay committed to our project until arriving at its completion.

Peace, N8Gamez

n8gamez1
  • n8gamez1

Str8 Ballin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2016 - 07:10 AM Edited by n8gamez1, 27 January 2016 - 07:12 AM.

Some encouragement to the those interested in this mod. The GTA 5 Mods site is very interactive and so should this site too.                             We want your feed back too! But for now here is the latest from the GTA 5 Mods site.

"Stryfaar

@N8Gamez @mn8r01 Been playing for well over an hour last night without any stutter, but a little more than that, the game starts to stutter again by a bit but not much (probably my graphics card). But this is a really, really huge improvement from how the game was. People with 1GB of video memory should find this mod a 'must'! I can run the game on higher settings now, too, by the way. Used to lag a lot with ambient occlusion enabled, now I can  play the game smoothly with it enabled.
 I'll try to make a comparison video, but no promises as my system is limited. Do continue improving the mod, will follow this until the end of the road. Again,  thank you so much to you, the mod authors for this excellent mod."

n8gamez1
  • n8gamez1

Str8 Ballin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:27 PM

I just tested the Re-Sized weapons and..... You are gonna Love it!

It seems that the weapon wheel is keeping the weapons in memory so weather you are holding them or not the memory is filled with those 4096 rifles's and 2048 pistol's.

So with the Re-Sized textures of the weapons there is a very noticeable stability and speed that the game is showing. Since weapons are something in every part of the city

re-sizing them offers a huge improvement to the GTA V Re-Sized MOD!

It is still being tested to optimize it and assure that each weapons appeal remains intact. 

Peds are almost finished too!! 

So we are excited to see a next release very soon.

n8gamez1
  • n8gamez1

Str8 Ballin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:33 AM

We are focusing on the peds now and very close to completion! Then we are off to the Launch Zone, aka library, where we can upload at reasonable speeds as soon as we have passed QC testing.

Then we are going back into the City and Country to complete those unaddressed rpf files.

The mod is making great progress and we are thankful for the input from the OTHER site since there is little to no input offered here. We encourage your comments and suggestions/criticism of our project.

N8Gamez

n8gamez1
  • n8gamez1

Str8 Ballin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:28 AM

The mods progress is real nice, more noticeable effects like dust clouds and ambient effects are noticeable as is the action and feel of the physics in the vehicles. 

This one is update holds high hopes to many with more speed for gameplay.

We hope to have it up by the end of the weekend if not sooner.

I hope to make it to the library for an upload tomorrow but have been up 'till 90 million o'clock for a couple days with just coffee, ciggs and buds to keep me up and going.

I need to get some rest so I want to get this part out A.S.A.P. so we can take some time and hey maybe actually play instead of test GTA V.

Peace, N8Gamez

n8gamez1
  • n8gamez1

Str8 Ballin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:19 AM

Just to let those of you with poor internet know, I understand this mod is a lot to download. I Too have very poor internet. Look here:

5f434d-bb8.JPG

I need to get these in before I can do much more editing. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

It is frustrating to be on such a slow internet and want to play the game but first need to waste time downloading large files.

But I am certain that when the downloading of our Mod is installed in your game You will be very happy you spent the time to do so.

Just as I will be in like oh 17 hours!

Peace, N8Gamez

n8gamez1
  • n8gamez1

Str8 Ballin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2016 - 02:54 AM

Just a little more and I'm done......

4be3f5-1bb.JPG

Then I can look at what R* has done!

n8gamez1
  • n8gamez1

Str8 Ballin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2016 - 09:38 PM

The recent dlc's do not effect the progress but I could not work on the mod until the download completed. Today is rain.

This won't stop us but our staying up until very very early in he morning and getting up and doing it over again has worn us down.

We did not wake today until after 1:00pm.

We have been at it everyday all day and into the night for 18 days straight.

Very tired today.

But I guess that is how it goes.

TWIST_OF_HATE
  • TWIST_OF_HATE

Street Cat

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:50 AM

Your internet connection is really slow. Must be very annoying.

n8gamez1
  • n8gamez1

Str8 Ballin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2016 - 09:11 PM

Your internet connection is really slow. Must be very annoying.

No what is annoying are the few comments from those who are simply downloading the mod and complaining about the slow speeds and wanting faster updates. We canvass through 1,000's of images each day exporting, re-sizing, importing, checking the edits by looking at the models...... It is very much like work in many respects. 

This site here on the forums is very quiet so thanks for the comments you offer. Sure would rather they be related directly to the mod and its progress. But hey at least you took the time to comment.

This update will bring us to version 3.0 where we will be taking a break for a while since we have been at this project 18+ hours a day for like 20 days straight. We are exhausted and need to leave the house to get food and other supplies and simply appreciate the outside!

Our legs and arms are sore from the sitting editing for those long hours, but our hearts are filled with a sort of joy for the benefits that people are getting from our long and hard work.

Peace, N8Gamez

n8gamez1
  • n8gamez1

Str8 Ballin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:19 AM

Ok Folks we are on the home stretch and gearing up for Version 3.0 being released on Monday!

More download mirrors at Mega.nz for faster download speeds there is the torrent and if you seed it will help others to download faster. Remember how we thought of others in making this mid? How we poured our efforts into sharing freely? It sure would be nice for us if you enjoy the benefits this mod offers and got it from a torrent; Seed it for all those who are trying to get it too. 

Peace, N8Gamez

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:07 AM

I'm surprised that no one else has bothered looking at this or commenting about it. This is a lot of work you're doing, usually you only see this kind of effort go towards mods for the 3D Era games, haha. It's such a logical thing to do too, reducing the texture sizes of the objects that don't really need them to begin with. It's a wonder how no one else is talking about this.

• n8gamez1 likes this

n8gamez1
  • n8gamez1

Str8 Ballin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:47 PM

I'm surprised that no one else has bothered looking at this or commenting about it. This is a lot of work you're doing, usually you only see this kind of effort go towards mods for the 3D Era games, haha. It's such a logical thing to do too, reducing the texture sizes of the objects that don't really need them to begin with. It's a wonder how no one else is talking about this.

Thanks! We are off to the library to upload more of the mod as we aim to have it up for tomorrow! This will be peds and weapons but you won't notice by looking just in the speed and fluidity of game play!!

Peace, N8Gamez

n8gamez1
  • n8gamez1

Str8 Ballin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:27 PM Edited by n8gamez1, 31 January 2016 - 07:27 PM.

Are there any People who are really good with Powershell? We could use a bit of help to rush this tool out, which will revolutionize installing mods!

If you are a Powershell Master and want to join the team we got a place for you!

dropzone will be a folder where you place all mods and when the game is launched, via the ps1 script, will rename the duplicate files in the vanilla to a new folder and rename the modded files into the game, it will also cut the internet for social club to assure that the game does not get hit and deletes the modded files, once the game is closed all files return to a vanilla state.

As far as I am aware no other tool will move the folders and rpf files that are not being replaced, (Duplicates), into the game. This tool aims to do just that.

In its current status it is working but has a bug and as I am exhausted in continuing the mods development I don't have the time to focus on working the bug out in time for this release.

I want to see this tool get out there for all it offers can help to assure mods run properly.

SO I turn to the community that has cultured and groomed me with my GTA modding thus far.

It's a great Mod and a great tool that you can be proud of joining in on the development of.

Peace, N8Gamez

n8gamez1
  • n8gamez1

Str8 Ballin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2016 - 10:05 PM

We are very excited as the uploads are going up faster than we hoped!!!

We need to finish uplaoding a few more then move them to the other repositories and the torrent before we can release.

So that should not take too long, tomorrow is a reality!

And the new Version 3.0 of GTAV RE-Sized will be available.

We are very pleased to get this massive update out there, I need to edit the install tutorial and upload that too so there is a bit more we have to do before the actual release but are confident it will be by tomorrow for sure!

We had hopes of providing a tool for the installing and playing of the mod but it will come in a future update.

3.0 is not the end of the road for this mod as we still have many x64.rpf files to cover.

This mod is actively updated! ... and will continue to be until it is completed.

Peace, N8Gamez

n8gamez1
  • n8gamez1

Str8 Ballin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2016 - 12:22 AM

So often it feels like beat the clock! We have poor internet so we must go to the library but it closes at 5:30pm and we are ever it seems still uploading the last files when it is closing. So it feels like a game of beat the clock!

We are going to beat the clock today. We will have the release for tomorrow. Then we will take a well deserved break and play the game for a while, not just test it. 

The Mod is not quite finished and we will be continuing to its completion; but, it is time for a break for a few days!

Peace,

The GTA V RE-Sized Team

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users