How Could You Improve The Story Of V?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
594 replies to this topic
Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 February 2016 - 08:01 PM Edited by Journey_95, 27 February 2016 - 08:25 PM.

Nah the whole goverment angle has been criticized on many other websites too. I wouldn't say the majority but its definitely a common complaint

That doesn't mean that the complaints have any merit, just as this

same with Franklin lacking in development 

completely lacks merit. He's very well developed. If your complaint about Franklin is about his story involvement or his character evolution, then use those words instead. Because character DEVELOPMENT doesn't mean what you think it means. Otherwise, you'd see that it's an insanely asinine statement to make.

Who says it doesn't have any merit? GTA V fans like you and Chiro? lol 

Franklin lacks development in every way, they could have made him wanting to get out of the Hood more gradual but nope he just gets 2 missions or so and then is already with Michael and later gets a sh*tty house in Vinewood hills. 

They could have developed his relationship with Michael more etc. not to mention his history with Tanisha and Lamar. At the end though he is just boring and emotionless. Lots of wasted potential imho.

I'm not sure how anyone can say he was well developed

The government story was criticised more because it contradicted the way the game was advertised. We were told that we would get to plan these heists because the protagonists wanted to do them, but in the story they're forced to do them, and each one is a chore.

It was a weak plot device used to explain why there need be more than one cool heist. None of the heists or setups were particularly well thought out, so it ended up a lost cause anyway.

Yeah I remember Rockstar talking about the "pursuit of the almighty dollar theme" before release and that the three protags were going to do the heists to set themselves up for life.

At the end we get the protags being bitches of the FIB for the majority of the story and basically doing most of the heists for them. The interesting heist theme was completely wasted in favour of a boring goverment storyline (lol "intrigue")

• Official General, Cheatz_N_Trickz, theGTAking101 and 4 others like this

CaptainBicycle
  • CaptainBicycle

And remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2016 - 08:48 PM

Think of it like this:

Vice City is a saga basically lovingly glorifying the Eighties US culture, using Scarface, Miami Vice, and Carlito's Way as their impetus. San Andreas was all about the LA Riots and the various gang violence, and the story proceeded from there. III was basically like a Mafia game, reminiscent of The Godfather, or at least it starts out that way.

But V is not a game that tries to memorialize any particular movie! It is, in short, its own game, a total original. Rockstar really pulled out all the stops when they filled this game to the brim with pure, unadulterated AWESOME!

What do you mean? V plot memorializes heist films such as The Italian Job. Heck, the armored truck heist is lifted straight from Heat. I don't know how this makes V more original in this regard.

The references to the films you mentioned is subtle, and not necessarily something Rockstar intended. Clearly the GTA games I mentioned were modeled almost completely after those movies, but to suggest that just because there are heists that means that V was modeled after heist movies may be a bit of a stretch. Also, bear in mind that even if you are correct, say about Heat, that is one mission plus its prep. So the nods to heist movies is a great deal more background than it was in previous GTA games. With San Andreas, the LA riots and the LA Gang movies were pretty much in your face through a lot of the game. In VC, Scarface, Carlito's Way, Miami Vice, and various Godfather subtext was just as in your face.

So even if you are correct, in V, its just the heists.

It appears most don't understand how opinions work.

Your sole counter-argument is 'it's my opinion'. Not only is that the biggest cop out ever, but it also tells me you literally have no way of defending yourself.
You aren't contributing anything to the thread. Or any thread. Nobody cares about your opinion.

People can defend their opinions. I am confident in mine and feel no need.
To each his own.

Plus, I have also seen you defend your opinions many times. I know where you stand on GTA V and why it is superior to some GTA games and on par with all the other titles. The problem with posting detailed analysis of your ideas and opinions is the same people who are objecting to you just giving your opinions seem to be the ones who will just pick apart your supporting them even more feverishly and often that's when the personal attacks begin, as if you hadn't bothered to give more analytical reasons anyway.

I have found, oddly enough, in this forum, unlike real life or in academic circles, that the debate process actually goes a good deal smoother when you just offer the opinion and NOT detailed reasons. My experience in this forum when debating why GTA V is an amazing game, is that when you start posting all the reasons, and you articulate your position to clarify your ideas, it just induces people to hate the game to be even more dismissive than when you post casually written opinions.

I have come to the realization that it is better to choose which circle jerk you wish to be part of and just break out the lotion. lol

Plus, it isn't like we are getting a whole lot of substantiation from the other side of the debate either, other than the same reiterated, regurgitated platitudes ad nauseam, ad infinitum. I know the "haters" argument so well, I could actually take their positions for them if I wanted to. And it always comes down to comparisons what they believe is the gold standard of storytelling and gaming, which we, of course, disagree with.

I wouldn't get too defensive if I were you about not firing off the same one or two line defenses to your opinion, because I can guarantee that if you do, you will find yourself dragged into what will surely escalate into a mudslinging, inter-GTA spitball contest before you can count to ten.

Better at this point to just state your opinions and move on. When you start giving detailed reasons in this forum, it actually drags things out because the lack of respect increases measurably the more detail you provide.

I'm gonna go look for a source, but R* themselves said Trevor was based on Waingro from Heat. That's way beyond one mission.

Shakermaker
  • Shakermaker

Black Hole Sun

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 27 February 2016 - 09:12 PM

(Still trying to understand the discussion here...)

I think V is a very movie-like game. Nothing wrong with it, I think it's GREAT actually. I love when games are a movie-like experience!

• SmokesWithCigs, shadowoperative and NefertitiThelma89 like this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

GTA V = The Anti-Snore (IV) AKA The Snore Killer!

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2016 - 09:59 PM

I'm gonna go look for a source, but R* themselves said Trevor was based on Waingro from Heat. That's way beyond one mission.

Look, I have never heard this before, but if you say that you remember reading this, then your word is good enough for me, and I will retract my original statement about V not being based as heavily on movies as other games in the series.

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2016 - 10:07 PM

Nah the whole goverment angle has been criticized on many other websites too. I wouldn't say the majority but its definitely a common complaint

That doesn't mean that the complaints have any merit, just as this

same with Franklin lacking in development 

completely lacks merit. He's very well developed. If your complaint about Franklin is about his story involvement or his character evolution, then use those words instead. Because character DEVELOPMENT doesn't mean what you think it means. Otherwise, you'd see that it's an insanely asinine statement to make.

Who says it doesn't have any merit? GTA V fans like you and Chiro? lol 

The majority of GTA fans, and almost unanimous praise from gaming writers and pro reviews. So if "by fans like you and Chiro" you mean the majority of GTA fans, then I would agree with you. Though sadly, I think you may have somewhat deluded yourself in this regard and actually believe what you're saying.

So be it. It takes all kinds, I guess. ;)

Misunderstood
  • Misunderstood

Keep up, motherf*cker!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2016 - 10:38 PM

1. Show more of Tanisha. Why even introduce Tanisha, Rockstar, if you are literally going to do nothing with her? You hear her name every now and then but it never really amounts to anything. I believe you can call her maybe twice throughout the whole game? And you see her in Lamar Down. That's it....why???? Why not show more of her????

2. Change Stretch Limo. Stretch Limo should have been dealt with waaaayyyyy before F even left the hood. He betrays Lamar and F and they chase him down and find out where he's hiding and kill him. Or at the very least, after they deal with D's ambush, F, T and Lamar go and kill Stretch. But why introduce him and have him not show up again until the f*cking end of the game? What sh*t is this?

3. Make Martin the main antagonist. Martin had so much potential but they turned him into a bitch just for the sh*ts and giggles. There was so much they could have made him do. After M pays him back, maybe he calls M (or ambushes him and F) a little ways down the road and makes them work for him. Once Trevor gets on board with them with Martin, maybe tension strikes between the two. Trevor doesn't like the douche but knows he's too powerful to mess with. Maybe there's a job later on and T decides anyway to try to rob him or pull something or not follow directions to the T. So Martin puts the hit on him. Then T steals his wife, M and T try to fix things between them and Martin. Maybe they even meet up to do a deal. Anything besides the stupid sh*t they put Martin through in the main story.

4. Give F more to do. Why does Franklin's story, besides a few missions, basically come to a halt after he gets the mansion?

5. Either give closure on the whole M and T situation or end it early. Literally, half of the game is just T bickering at M for abandoning him and Brad and his betrayal and sh*t. It got old really f*cking quick. A/B and C ending don't really give any closure to this either. One second, M and T are chill and laughing and having a good time, next minute, they're pointing weapons at each other. There's nothing wrong with M wanting to avoid talking to T about the whole situation but for T, after grieving for years, to go help TRACEY after finding Michael, his "dead" best friend was so f*cking stupid. Bury the Hatchet had potential too but that was f*cking ruined by that Asian gang. 

• Journey_95, theGTAking101 and SmokesWithCigs like this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2016 - 11:02 PM

1. Show more of Tanisha. Why even introduce Tanisha, Rockstar, if you are literally going to do nothing with her? You hear her name every now and then but it never really amounts to anything. I believe you can call her maybe twice throughout the whole game? And you see her in Lamar Down. That's it....why???? Why not show more of her????

I agree with this. Tanisha was a powerful character, and I think more of her would definitely be better.

2. Change Stretch Limo. Stretch Limo should have been dealt with waaaayyyyy before F even left the hood. He betrays Lamar and F and they chase him down and find out where he's hiding and kill him. Or at the very least, after they deal with D's ambush, F, T and Lamar go and kill Stretch. But why introduce him and have him not show up again until the f*cking end of the game? What sh*t is this?

I never minded Stretch being one of the guys you kill at the end. I know people in this forum complain about him, but I believe there is a reason why the Gold award for that mission requires a melee attack. Because I think Rockstar just put him in there as a loose end to tie up, not as a serious antagonist. I think a lot of people are getting annoyed that he was "in the final mission!" as if this means anything more than that just happens to be when Franklin decided it was time to off the guy. I know that some people here really want all three antagonists in the end to be this epic battle, but you know what? Chen was, I really liked him as an antagonist, and so was Weston. So while you aren't wrong, and I certainly wouldn't object to Stretch taking a dirt nap earlier in the game, I don't find it to be intrusive or obnoxious that he was left till the end. On the other hand, it wouldn't have hurt the story any if Franklin just dispatched him earlier in the story. So it isn't like I am completely disagreeing with you here. I just don't care all that much about it one way or the other.

3. Make Martin the main antagonist. Martin had so much potential but they turned him into a bitch just for the sh*ts and giggles. There was so much they could have made him do. After M pays him back, maybe he calls M (or ambushes him and F) a little ways down the road and makes them work for him. Once Trevor gets on board with them with Martin, maybe tension strikes between the two. Trevor doesn't like the douche but knows he's too powerful to mess with. Maybe there's a job later on and T decides anyway to try to rob him or pull something or not follow directions to the T. So Martin puts the hit on him. Then T steals his wife, M and T try to fix things between them and Martin. Maybe they even meet up to do a deal. Anything besides the stupid sh*t they put Martin through in the main story.

I love the way Medrazo was handled. I love the way Trevor basically turned him into his bitch!

4. Give F more to do. Why does Franklin's story, besides a few missions, basically come to a halt after he gets the mansion?

I am of the belief that "more is better!" when talking about a game I love. So while I don't agree with you that Franklin comes to a halt, I would totally support more missions. I would say the same about all the CJ, Tommy, and Claude, though, as well as Michael and Trevor. More is definitely better in cases like this. Not that I am dissatisfied with Franklin's missions or story-time.

5. Either give closure on the whole M and T situation or end it early. Literally, half of the game is just T bickering at M for abandoning him and Brad and his betrayal and sh*t. It got old really f*cking quick. A/B and C ending don't really give any closure to this either. One second, M and T are chill and laughing and having a good time, next minute, they're pointing weapons at each other. There's nothing wrong with M wanting to avoid talking to T about the whole situation but for T, after grieving for years, to go help TRACEY after finding Michael, his "dead" best friend was so f*cking stupid. Bury the Hatchet had potential too but that was f*cking ruined by that Asian gang. 

I have to disagree with you about this. I like the way that a majo driving force in the entire story was Michael and Trevor at each other's throats. I LOVE Bury the Hatchet, and also found it oddly (psychotically) touching when Trevor basically comes to Michael's rescue in The Wrap Up.

• Misunderstood likes this

Misunderstood
  • Misunderstood

Keep up, motherf*cker!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2016 - 11:25 PM

1. I never minded Stretch being one of the guys you kill at the end. I know people in this forum complain about him, but I believe there is a reason why the Gold award for that mission requires a melee attack. Because I think Rockstar just put him in there as a loose end to tie up, not as a serious antagonist. I think a lot of people are getting annoyed that he was "in the final mission!" as if this means anything more than that just happens to be when Franklin decided it was time to off the guy. I know that some people here really want all three antagonists in the end to be this epic battle, but you know what? Chen was, I really liked him as an antagonist, and so was Weston. So while you aren't wrong, and I certainly wouldn't object to Stretch taking a dirt nap earlier in the game, I don't find it to be intrusive or obnoxious that he was left till the end. On the other hand, it wouldn't have hurt the story any if Franklin just dispatched him earlier in the story. So it isn't like I am completely disagreeing with you here. I just don't care all that much about it one way or the other.

2. I love the way Medrazo was handled. I love the way Trevor basically turned him into his bitch!

3. I am of the belief that "more is better!" when talking about a game I love. So while I don't agree with you that Franklin comes to a halt, I would totally support more missions. I would say the same about all the CJ, Tommy, and Claude, though, as well as Michael and Trevor. More is definitely better in cases like this. Not that I am dissatisfied with Franklin's missions or story-time.

4. I have to disagree with you about this. I like the way that a majo driving force in the entire story was Michael and Trevor at each other's throats. I LOVE Bury the Hatchet, and also found it oddly (psychotically) touching when Trevor basically comes to Michael's rescue in The Wrap Up.

1. I don't know, it's not even that I wanted Stretch's death to be this epic sh*t, it's just that we don't see him for 75% of the story so when he shows up at the end, you kind of have to remind yourself who he is (at least, that's how it worked for me). Because he had no reason to be at the end, I think he should have been dealt with early on. 

2. Trevor turning him into a bitch is fine, but just not the way they did it. Imagine an an alternate story where Martin is a bigger threat. Maybe he's a wee bit arrogant. Imagine, if after all the sh*t he put you through throughout the game, Trevor got his sweet satisfying revenge at the end, putting the douche in his place. That would be much more rewarding than what we got, in my opinion. 

3. Frank's involvement in the overall story itself is not too bad. As you've said before, he acts as sort of a buffer between M and T. What I'm talking about is more Franklin focused missions. Either in the hood with Lamar, some unique missions with Lester or some other sh*t could have been cool. 

4. If, after enduring all the bickering, they had a true closure and understanding of their friendship at the end, I would have been fine with it. As it stands, they bicker for 75% of the game and it leads to nothing. Maybe I'll like the way they end this time, as I haven't finished that mission on the save I'm doing. 

Just to explain better, I'm fine with their past being the driving force of the future. What I'm not okay with is Trevor, who seems pissed on his ride to LS with Wade, showing up on M's doorsteps only for them to go save Tracey right after their reunion. I mean, even at the end of that specific mission, they don't talk anything out. They just say bye to each other like nothing happened. Michael not wanting to talk about it makes sense. It's uncomfortable and he'd have to explain even more sh*t that would get Trevor mad. But at some point of another, there should have been true closure on the whole situation, preferably before the last heist. 

CKR187
  • CKR187

GTA and Heavy Metal: A healthy Breakfast.

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 28 February 2016 - 01:06 AM

1. I never minded Stretch being one of the guys you kill at the end. I know people in this forum complain about him, but I believe there is a reason why the Gold award for that mission requires a melee attack. Because I think Rockstar just put him in there as a loose end to tie up, not as a serious antagonist. I think a lot of people are getting annoyed that he was "in the final mission!" as if this means anything more than that just happens to be when Franklin decided it was time to off the guy. I know that some people here really want all three antagonists in the end to be this epic battle, but you know what? Chen was, I really liked him as an antagonist, and so was Weston. So while you aren't wrong, and I certainly wouldn't object to Stretch taking a dirt nap earlier in the game, I don't find it to be intrusive or obnoxious that he was left till the end. On the other hand, it wouldn't have hurt the story any if Franklin just dispatched him earlier in the story. So it isn't like I am completely disagreeing with you here. I just don't care all that much about it one way or the other.

2. I love the way Medrazo was handled. I love the way Trevor basically turned him into his bitch!

3. I am of the belief that "more is better!" when talking about a game I love. So while I don't agree with you that Franklin comes to a halt, I would totally support more missions. I would say the same about all the CJ, Tommy, and Claude, though, as well as Michael and Trevor. More is definitely better in cases like this. Not that I am dissatisfied with Franklin's missions or story-time.

4. I have to disagree with you about this. I like the way that a majo driving force in the entire story was Michael and Trevor at each other's throats. I LOVE Bury the Hatchet, and also found it oddly (psychotically) touching when Trevor basically comes to Michael's rescue in The Wrap Up.

1. I don't know, it's not even that I wanted Stretch's death to be this epic sh*t, it's just that we don't see him for 75% of the story so when he shows up at the end, you kind of have to remind yourself who he is (at least, that's how it worked for me). Because he had no reason to be at the end, I think he should have been dealt with early on. 

2. Trevor turning him into a bitch is fine, but just not the way they did it. Imagine an an alternate story where Martin is a bigger threat. Maybe he's a wee bit arrogant. Imagine, if after all the sh*t he put you through throughout the game, Trevor got his sweet satisfying revenge at the end, putting the douche in his place. That would be much more rewarding than what we got, in my opinion. 

3. Frank's involvement in the overall story itself is not too bad. As you've said before, he acts as sort of a buffer between M and T. What I'm talking about is more Franklin focused missions. Either in the hood with Lamar, some unique missions with Lester or some other sh*t could have been cool. 

4. If, after enduring all the bickering, they had a true closure and understanding of their friendship at the end, I would have been fine with it. As it stands, they bicker for 75% of the game and it leads to nothing. Maybe I'll like the way they end this time, as I haven't finished that mission on the save I'm doing. 

Just to explain better, I'm fine with their past being the driving force of the future. What I'm not okay with is Trevor, who seems pissed on his ride to LS with Wade, showing up on M's doorsteps only for them to go save Tracey right after their reunion. I mean, even at the end of that specific mission, they don't talk anything out. They just say bye to each other like nothing happened. Michael not wanting to talk about it makes sense. It's uncomfortable and he'd have to explain even more sh*t that would get Trevor mad. But at some point of another, there should have been true closure on the whole situation, preferably before the last heist. 

I agree with Tanisha. F actually should've won her back in the end of the game. It seemed kind've a pointless angle.

I agree about Stretch. By the time you actually kill him, its kind've like "Who? Oh that weird old guy from the balla's mission". Stretch should've been dealt with directly after 'Lamar Down'. Honestly, the first few times I played the story through, I didn't realise Stretch was the reason Lamar was in trouble. The only way they explain it is through the conversation in the car on the way back, and this is easily disrupted, by crashes, and changing cars. They seriously should've made an entire cut scene about the fact that Stretch set him up, and then went after him.

I didn't care much for Martin. I just saw him as a segway to making money again for Michael. It actually would've been better if they left him out of the game after repaying him.

The problem was there were too many Antagonists, and it was kind've a cop out to go for all of them in the same mission, rather than dealing with each of them in their own individual storylines. The story should worked like a tree. Each Antagonist's story should've lead up a different branch, until it was cut off, leaving the last branch to be dealt with in the end. It ended up being more like a 4 toothed fork. All story's ended at the same time, and the details got lost in the confusion.

• PhillBellic, Dr. Robotnik, D9fred95 and 1 other like this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 September 2016 - 04:16 PM Edited by Journey_95, 25 September 2016 - 04:16 PM.

Madrazzo should have been the main antagonist, we needed more focus on "real" criminal organizations not sh*tty FIB/IAA/Merryweather.

• gunziness, Official General, PhillBellic and 1 other like this

Alexlecj
  • Alexlecj

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:47 PM

There were too many Lester/bank management missions for F. Once Franklin got his mansion from previous jobs, the remaining ones were really unnecessary.

The gap between "Hood Safari" and "Lamar Down" is so wrong.

• Official General likes this

Rodrimun998
  • Rodrimun998

Player Hater

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:28 PM

It would be awesome if the gta online cars added in dlcs like the lowriders and the bikes updates, be added in gta v story mode!!!!

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2016 - 11:51 AM

Now I'm playing the PC version with mods, I can make up and roleplay my own exciting story with the best features, don't need to rely on Rockstar's crackhead, rubbish storyline's for this game.

• Algonquin Assassin and Landotel like this

Kaibasus
  • Kaibasus

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:57 PM

I'd give Michael more Strangers and Freaks missions. Trevor had the most entertaining side missions in my opinion (the border patrol ones pissed me off, but I liked the ending and hey, free taser.) He also gets McKenzie Field Hangar, which opens up a lot to do especially if you like flying.

Franklin had some good ones here and there too, but aside from Epsilon (which I haven't done yet because finding all those cars looks like a pain) and Michael's random distress calls from his family, he just didn't seem to have that much to do outside the main plot.

I'm really not complaining though, overall I'm VERY satisfied with the game.

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Grand Theft Auto V: A huge improvement over snore (IV)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by CGFforLife, 4 weeks ago.

Just remove Ending A and B then the already amazing story would've gotten better

And unlike any other people, please don't change Johnny's death, keep it like how it was: getting stomped as a drug-addled, washed-up, wannabe biker by Trevor

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by simonp92, 4 weeks ago.

Just remove Ending A and B then the alrrady amazing story would've gotten better

And unlike any other people, please don't change Johnny's death, keep it like how it was: getting stomped as a drug-addled, washed-up, wannabe biker by Trevor

I strongly disagree on all of the above. Ending C is the worst ending of the 3, because nothing is learned or lost, and thus the characters doesn't grow. It feels even worse that is so easy to kill everyone that opposes the trio. It just really feels like the entire game was wasting the players time, when Michael could just have killed Madrazo and Haines so easily early on, with no problems. 

TBOGT's ending was the same, no loss and no growing. Would have been great if Tony actually cut ties with Luis, feeling guilty over dragging this pseudo son of his into the danger because of his mistakes. One thing is Luis not growing, but Tony who really was the root of all their problems, just kinda shruggs it off. If anything their victory just fuels Tony's ego even further.

Atleast GTA V's the third way wasn't that bad, but the characters doesn't seem the least bit surprised that they won over incredible odds. Again, if it was so easy why didn't you do it sooner? It would have been better if Michael and Trevor were still at each others throats even after killind Devin implying further potientiall dangerous clashes in the future, but Trevor all of a sudden wanna be friends now, because they killed their other enemies together. When the mission began he was ready to kill Michael, but now he wanna be chummy. This change of heart is underdeveloped and way too fast, for both Michael and Trevor and really makes the whole ending feel off.

I'm not saying Ending A or B are very good, but atleast they don't give a happy, predicable ending where everyone makes it out completely unscathed learning nothing.

Personally I would have liked an endning where the big heist goes wrong and Michael has to decide whetner to leave Trevor or the money behind. Where no matter the choice made by the player, michael will show some sort of regret in the end.  

Furthermore, about learning and growing, Johnny dying like that makes no sense. He learnt during TLAD that Ashley and his feelings toward her was actually bad for him and those around him, thus he grew as a character and cut ties with her. Having him go back to Ashley completely negates Johnny's character growth. 

• Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg and theGTAking101 like this

raebbitos
  • raebbitos

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by raebbitos, 4 weeks ago.

i would've really liked a mission where michael and franklin get really anoyed of jimmy for his "black" personality that they drive him around davis and strawberry to scare him straight,and finally mature.

B_E_N_1992
  • B_E_N_1992

VCSF

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

You could improve the story by in North Yankton during the bank robbery, Dave Norton actually kills Trevor, Michael and Brad with one good placed sniper bullet

Auntie Denise kills Franklin's mother while pregnant with him because she is upset that Franklin's mother doesn't give her money.. the rest is history 

gunziness
  • gunziness

Homie

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by gunziness, 4 weeks ago.

I would change it so the three characters are unlocked from the beginning almost at the same time, and each one has their own individual story with their own antagonists, and after they all deal with them, the main story arc would start (similar in how is done currently, after the trio meets for the first time).

For example, Franklin would still be part of the families trying to form his own thing with lamar, and at the end of his story, he would have to deal with Stretch, in a proper and developed way, giving an end to his thing.

Trevor would try to take Blaine County and get rid of the competition, his antagonists would be the lost, the chinese and the oneils brothers, getting rid of each one of then individualy and again, in a proper and developed way. After this, he would have 'conquered' the whole meth/guns bussiness in the area, and then he would move to LS.

Michael would deal with FIB on his own, and his main antagonist on his story arc would be Heines, after he takes him out, Dave sort things around so Michael doesnt get involved with the agencies anymore. Missions like Dead Man Walking, The Wrap Up, Monkey business and a few more agencies related ones would appear here, without of course, the involving of F or T.

Finally, after each protagonist finish their mini-storyline, they would meet and start doing heist after heist until they are millonaries, along of course with the other adventures they do along the way in the current storyline.

If there should be a main antagonist for the trio, it should be Madrazo. For example, the trio does the cut heist and rob him, then for the rest of the storyline they have to deal with madrazo threats and goons tormenting them until the last mission where they finally eliminate madrazos gang for good. Madrazo doesnt need to be killed though, maybe by just wiping out his whole gang and then he giving up would be enough (would make sense why he would give work to the GTAO characters for example).
  • B Dawg likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 4 weeks ago

Just remove Ending A and B then the already amazing story would've gotten better

Did you seriously just bump THIS THREAD just so you can say again about how much you liked Johnny getting killed after the LAST THREAD was closed because it was just you bumping it to say how much you liked Johnny getting killed???? HAHAHHA, dude, get help.
  • Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg, Tycek and 4 others like this

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by D9fred95, 4 weeks ago.

Did you seriously just bump THIS THREAD just so you can say again about how much you liked Johnny getting killed after the LAST THREAD was closed because it was just you bumping it to say how much you liked Johnny getting killed???? HAHAHHA, dude, get help.

This is even worse honestly since the last thread was inactive for a few weeks. This thread however was inactive for almost an entire year, just a few days off.

But yeah, this is getting silly.
  • Algonquin Assassin and theGTAking101 like this

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

This is even worse honestly since the last thread was inactive for a few weeks. This thread however was inactive for almost an entire year, just a few days off.

But yeah, this is getting silly.

I'm really just curious what could possibly make him hate Johnny so much. He hates Johnny more than I hate Franklin. 

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by D9fred95, 4 weeks ago.

I'm really just curious what could possibly make him hate Johnny so much. He hates Johnny more than I hate Franklin.

I think he's trying to channel Chirovette's style. Problem is Chirovette isn't the type to bump old threads just to poke fun. CGF is trying to hard to be edgy.
  • Algonquin Assassin and theGTAking101 like this

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by simonp92, 4 weeks ago.

I think he's trying to channel Chirovette's style. Problem is Chirovette isn't the type to bump old threads just to poke fun. CG is trying to hard.

I noticed their very similar signatures, thinking they just wanted to bait TLAD and IV fans. 

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 4 weeks ago

^^^

Please don't use this section just to bash GTA IV, it's really bloody stupid.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users