Photo

Euro & American Truck Simulators

464 replies to this topic
JediCowboy
  • JediCowboy

"I MAKE THEM DO IT"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 March 2018 - 10:04 PM Edited by JediCowboy, 09 March 2018 - 10:32 PM.

Yesterday SCS posted a [post='http://blog.scssoft....egon.html']Blog[/post] of more Oregon this time asset which are shipyard of the docks of Portland 
01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg

Also Squirrel posted SCS video that we been waiting for. The videos will be 3 parts tomorrow and on Sunday
You can now see a better view of their office https://roundme.com/...ZKzjGJEGuxZs4SZ

• universetwisters likes this

JediCowboy
  • JediCowboy

"I MAKE THEM DO IT"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2018 - 05:22 PM Edited by JediCowboy, 11 March 2018 - 05:38 PM.

SCS video part 2 is here from Squirrel today, tomorrow is part 3.

Highlights from the video

• Company has new offices and is hiring new people, constantly expanding

• ETS2 has / had more flexibility in map design because they started at the middle of the map. With ATS they started on the west which is somewhat limiting

• Next ATS DLC is north, then they're looking to go east (potentially connect coast to coast before expanding a lot more)

• They have multiple DLC map expansions in the works, and their art teams are going at a very good pace. Their goal that they haven't quite reached is working on 2 expansions simultaneously.

• They have dev kits for the major consoles, however they need to make a lot of engine changes (e.g. better multithreading) before they'll be able to launch

• They do not want to outsource any console ports

• They have basic support for the sort of "active simulation" hydraulic movement systems, but may be working on it more in the future

• They don't plan to move into industrial training programs because they have a big "game" playerbase

• They want World of Trucks to be a full multiplayer experience with separate online / single player profiles. Virtual trucking companies and world-wide economies too.

• They have licenses for some buses! But they haven't really figured out what they want to do with them, but so far it's likely it's going to be put into ETS2. One of the weird challenges mentioned was trying to make crowds on the buses seem realistic, and they are currently doing motion capture for it.

• They are facing challenges where the existing playerbase needs to be fed constant updates over time, so they don't want to just put all of their senior programmers doing a big feature for 6 months straight, because this would rob the games of ongoing development. This causes development of big features to be really slow.

• marco6158, Tokasmoka and DOUGL4S1 like this

JediCowboy
  • JediCowboy

"I MAKE THEM DO IT"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:49 PM

Part 3 video, Behind the scenes of SCS team. 

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

Everyone's favorite Uncle, but not Led-By.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award, 2018 Trumptonshire Trilogy Award

Posted 3 weeks ago

New Blog post time and it looks like the 1.31 updates for both ETS2 and ATS are aimed at upping the realism with something that's been requested for a long time....

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 2 weeks ago

This adds a more realistic touch to the game :)

Noale
  • Noale

OH HI MARK

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm the opposite of realism. I gave myself a 100,000HP engine and a ghetto 7 speed gearbox. It's hilarious, until I come upon a curve on the highway and I'm going 200MPH too fast and end up rolling over and taking 100% damage.

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

Andrew Bayer's #1 Fan

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by BlackScout, 2 weeks ago.

I'm the opposite of realism. I gave myself a 100,000HP engine and a ghetto 7 speed gearbox. It's hilarious, until I come upon a curve on the highway and I'm going 200MPH too fast and end up rolling over and taking 100% damage.

It just becomes a problem when you're in multiplayer and someone does that.

I mean, nobody in the MP respect traffic signs or lights. Absolutely disgusting.
Or yet, your truck is not as powerful and the load is heavy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)  then people behind start to blink the lights crazy as if you were unable to realize there's someone behind.

Noale
  • Noale

OH HI MARK

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I never bothered with multiplayer. Mostly because any driving game with multiplayer is full of idiots.

Do mods work in multiplayer?  :lol:

marco6158
  • marco6158

whomst

• Daily Globe
  • Italy
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 2 weeks ago

No, they don't. Also if that's your driving style I wouldn't really suggest you to drive in MP

Noale
  • Noale

OH HI MARK

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm not stupid enough to bring those antics online. There's other people you need to worry about.

I gave up playing any driving games online since most people just ram you.

• marco6158 likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

brb sitting in my 85 Skylark as it idles in the garage

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2017 [GTA: Underground]
    Best Map 2017 Contribution [Liberty City Countryside]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 2 weeks ago

I never got why the two truck sim games have a multiplayer component. It isn't like GTA or Call of Duty where you can interact with your fellow truckers or fight them, it literally goes one of two ways:

A) Ignore the other players on the road and you might as well have stayed in single player
B) Ram the other player and go against the purpose of the actual game.

StockCity
  • StockCity

Trevor is so cool!

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Many answers for popular questions - https://ru.ostrog.co...ck-simulator-2/

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

Everyone's favorite Uncle, but not Led-By.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award, 2018 Trumptonshire Trilogy Award

Posted A day ago

Last week was the launch of the ATS Open Beta for 1.31 and today has seen the launch of the matching ETS2 Open Beta.

There's an extensive update for both games, with the missing trailer cables now connecting and animating as well as other changes, but both changelists are on the Blog.

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A day ago Edited by TheMcSame, A day ago.

I'll save you guys a click

qM7N3J.jpg

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Ghetto Star

• Facade Corporation
  • Brazil

Posted 21 hours ago

I've been waiting for random events in ETS2 for so long! It's something I requested SCS about 2-3 years ago, so I'd like to think I'm one of the reasons they added it.

And first thing I see in a road trip is a Renault being pulled over. Serves them right for driving a bad truck!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users