Quantcast

» «
Photo

Skins editor project in GTAONLINE (FLOCKINGPROJECT)

141 replies to this topic
MrGrandis
  • MrGrandis

Scratch Here: ███████

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:20 AM

I like it, however this seems like what Forza 4 did, which would mean if you weren't willing to sell a certain piece for a price people could just report spam you and get you into trouble. I had a freind who had it happen to.

A simpler fix will be limiting the max selling price for the paintjob

MajorVienna
  • MajorVienna

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:23 AM

When GTAO goes to GTA6 I expect this will be part of it.

Ashy_GB
  • Ashy_GB

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:57 AM

Op can we gift vinyls as well?

This needs to be implemented imediately, So long as stupid anime paint jobs do not hit the store!

Hush....anime is one of the best ones to have on cars.

If you wish to sport a car with an anime character (Who are usually wielding a sword the size of a small hatchback) I will chase you to the ends of Paleto bay and destroy you. 

In any case, I hope rockstar at least catch wind of this, this will bring a new level of modification to vehicles 

• Voit Turyv likes this

Setzaroth
  • Setzaroth

Machiavellian Fist Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:04 AM

This would be fun, and does not support the sale of shark cards. Therefore, it will never happen.

• MrGTAmodsgerman, Ashy_GB and lrg like this

waters
  • waters

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:38 AM

but loads would look too similar, can't see it working

GTAforums SUCK
  • GTAforums SUCK

fa**ot coward moderators GTAF Team has down syndrome

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:22 AM Edited by Compton Menace, 07 January 2016 - 09:43 AM.

The idea is awesome not gonna lie .. Forza livery system is awesome but on the technical side would be quite complicated to implement this now at the game... By what i know it would require that the engine allow at some parameters to do a real time mapping and texturing of the car ....it means that not only they would have to implement the system itself in the game but revise on a modeling level ALL the cars that will be able to be customized with a livery.. So then once the design is finished it creates a alpha texture of the car with the design annd then apply it to the actual "playable" game model of the car...its quite complicated ..thats kinda how Forza livery system works and is simple on its concept even though its a complicated process but, Forza had this system build up from the game engine conception.

Im talking on a developer technical side , is not as simple to have this system of real time livery creation in game as, a texture mod livery for a car that is so popular in some PC racing games..with mods you have a map of the car model and you just paint over it

Some games struggled hard to have a much simpler livery editor than forza EX: MIDNIGHT Club LA, nfs shift etc

MusicMan05
  • MusicMan05

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:47 AM Edited by MusicMan05, 07 January 2016 - 09:59 AM.

Good idea, but it unfortunately is an old one that Rockstar San Diego has already done. It has been long requested/asked for since before GTA V released and they said in an interview that LSC would be closer to Midnight Clubs custom shop than past GTAs. Midnight Clubs LA had more customization options, a vynl editor, a vehicle showroom, Rate My Ride and the option to sell car designs to other players.

That being said, Rockstar North needs to get a hold of the developers from Rockstar San Diego that worked on Midnight Club LA, and get them to create a new custom shop (or an upgrade to LSC that allows us to customize all cars closer to Midnight Clubs custom shop) and a Car Showroom.

The car showrrom would be similar to Midnight Club LA's. Players could take their car to the Car Showroom and put a "copy" of their car up for "sale." Players can browse the Car Showroom selection by selecting the Vehicle Class (Super) and then vehicle (T-20) and then sort by: Top Rated, Recent, Friends/Crew, Current Session. You'd be able to take your T-20 and put a "copy" up in the showroom for other players to rate and "buy." Or you can search all T-20s and buy a design for yours. All they have to do from Midnight Club LA is tweak the sell/buy option to apply the design to your car. If you don't own a T-20 you can still view them, and if you try to buy it it'll prompt you to purchase the T-20 from Legendary Motor Sport. (It'll apply the value of the design to the base price of the car when you purchase it.) The value of the design is equal to the value of the mods not currently equipped to your car, the paint, and the vynl wrap. A portion of the sale goes to the player that sold the design. (The cost of the vynl wrap could be what the "seller" makes.)

Wet Nellie
  • Wet Nellie

Submarine Marine

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:14 PM

What a fantastic idea, brilliantly formatted.  :^:  C'est Magnifique!

• RealityDesign likes this

purplesaint7
  • purplesaint7

Badass Sniper

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:36 PM

Now i can make a T20 GTR happen. Like the Mclaren P1 GTR paintjob i mean

This needs to be implemented imediately, So long as stupid anime paint jobs do not hit the store!

If you wish to sport a car with an anime character (Who are usually wielding a sword the size of a small hatchback) I will chase you to the ends of Paleto bay and destroy you. 

In any case, I hope rockstar at least catch wind of this, this will bring a new level of modification to vehicles 

Good luck lol

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:23 PM

Now i can make a T20 GTR happen. Like the Mclaren P1 GTR paintjob i mean

Good luck lol

• Sky_Light12 and RealityDesign like this

RealityDesign
  • RealityDesign

Graphic Designer

• Members
  • France

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:53 PM

Thank's you for all your messages, i'am happy to see that my work pleases you!

• eyman likes this

Operation Paperclip
  • Operation Paperclip

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:19 PM

Shame I couldn't spam the Like button on the original post.

MusicMan05
  • MusicMan05

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:39 PM

Here's some videos I found on Youtube for what Midnight Club LA offered that a lot of fans had hoped would make it into GTA V/Online:

Customization Trailer:

Rate My Ride (Top 10 Vehciles at the time of the vid):

I think they could build off of what Rockstar San Diego did in Midnight Club LA and create a better version of Rate My Ride for GTA:Online.

rodrich266
  • rodrich266

Shut up, sit down, relax

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2016 - 12:00 AM

Why are we not funding this right now!!?? This would be amazing, and R* would make a profit as well.

MusicMan05
  • MusicMan05

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2016 - 12:10 AM

Why are we not funding this right now!!?? This would be amazing, and R* would make a profit as well.

Probably because it's been suggested to Rockstar multiple times in the past. Although, to my knowledge, this is the first time someone's done it as a mod to showcase how it could work in GTA:Online.

evd
  • evd

acid

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2016 - 12:18 AM Edited by evd, 08 January 2016 - 01:44 AM.

nice to see someone has similar idea to my old one ;)

http://gtaforums.com...-acution-house/

In my vision of such feature:

1. Player has to buy a TOOL.

Why not download for free? Inmature content. When buying, most people would be willing to make something worthy.

2. You have 4 categories:

- paintjobs

- clothes

- weapons

- graffiti

In each categorie, there are up to 4 slots for customs

3. Player has to sign up a contract with some ifruit internet agency, then is able to sell his/her products.

the price is X , authors gets 5-10%.

Why like that- becouse ingame inflation is something that we just should roll with it, and stop complaining (its not my game).

Biggie Kaniff
  • Biggie Kaniff

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:59 PM

I say yes. Would be cool
  • purplesaint7 likes this

Clueless Muffin
  • Clueless Muffin

Clueless as always...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:12 PM Edited by Clueless Muffin, 08 January 2016 - 02:14 PM.

This would be fun, and does not support the sale of shark cards. Therefore, it will never happen.

Honestly, I could care less about the buying/selling factor. With billions of dollars already floating around in the economy, there's not much point in including transactions. Just add a rating system and you're good to go.

An ever better idea would be R* taking a cut from the said price, which would encourage people to make skins, and allow Shark Cards to keep running. Sort of like the marketplace on Steam.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:26 PM

love the idea, but i doubt it will ever happen, they dont even let you place the crew logo in other places

RealityDesign
  • RealityDesign

Graphic Designer

• Members
  • France

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:03 PM

love the idea, but i doubt it will ever happen, they dont even let you place the crew logo in other places

Exactly, that would be the opportunity to emblem logo move can be thanks to a shape of coats among squares, triangles, circles, who is automatically updated with your emblem of crew, and finally to be able to make a real vehicle of crew.

DonSpeedy
  • DonSpeedy

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:54 PM

Not gonna lie, but...

I WOULD f*ckING LOVE TO HAVE THAT IN-GAME!

xaml
  • xaml

Vamos a la player, ha ha ha hater.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:29 AM

This is inspiring, but there already are liveries for select vehicles and the effort required for monitoring individual submissions to prevent abuse might prove a challenge. A more feasible approach would be to expand the existing livery model.

georgino999
  • georgino999

Editor of a Rockstar fansite

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 09 January 2016 - 04:39 PM Edited by georgino999, 09 January 2016 - 04:42 PM.

Really interesting, very good idea.

But I'm  bit afraid that it is not going to make it into the game. Because of these reasons:

​1.) I can't imagine how much it would be tecnically diffcult to upload something from the game that would appear on the in-game internet site. Keep in mind this has never been done.

2.) Rockstar may be afraid of copyright strikes from creators of Forza, where is the system pretty similar.

But still I wish you good luck, this idea definitely has future.

RealityDesign
  • RealityDesign

Graphic Designer

• Members
  • France

Posted 09 January 2016 - 04:44 PM

Really interesting, very good idea.

But I'm  bit afraid that it is not going to make it into the game. Because of these reasons:

​1.) I can't imagine how much it would be tecnically diffcult to upload something from the game that would appear on the in-game internet site. Keep in mind this has never been done.

2.) Rockstar may be afraid of copyright strikes from creators of Forza, where is the system pretty similar.

But still I wish you good luck, this idea definitely has future.

Midnight club LA Proposed a similar system already at the time of generation ps3 / 360, and it was a game to rockstar, then why not, to see...

Fennimoe
  • Fennimoe

Most Known Unknown

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:09 PM

IMG_20160109_120239.jpg

Pavel201
  • Pavel201

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:39 PM

Hey, just signed up to make this post. lol. Anyway, if this is your work, can you make it as a mod in story mode? It is a really awesome idea! ;)

georgino999
  • georgino999

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 09 January 2016 - 07:26 PM

Also - I just realized. Would a creator of a painjob pay for making it? Or it would be absolutely free? Because if it would not cost anything, an economic aspect is just gone and anybody who would see a good livery on the site would be able to do replica absolutely free.

RealityDesign
  • RealityDesign

Graphic Designer

• Members
  • France

Posted 09 January 2016 - 07:32 PM Edited by RealityDesign, 09 January 2016 - 07:48 PM.

Hey, just signed up to make this post. lol. Anyway, if this is your work, can you make it as a mod in story mode? It is a really awesome idea! ;)

As it is based on the sale between the players, I do not think that that is very useful..

RealityDesign
  • RealityDesign

Graphic Designer

• Members
  • France

Posted 09 January 2016 - 07:51 PM Edited by RealityDesign, 09 January 2016 - 07:48 PM.

Thank For your message  :)

Also - I just realized. Would a creator of a painjob pay for making it? Or it would be absolutely free? Because if it would not cost anything, an economic aspect is just gone and anybody who would see a good livery on the site would be able to do replica absolutely free.

In principle yes, but as all the certain shop people will do better than of other one, it is necessary to have all the same certain talent to reproduce a livery if it is extraordinary

georgino999
  • georgino999

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:04 PM Edited by georgino999, 09 January 2016 - 08:08 PM.

As it is based on the sale between the players, I do not think that that is very useful..

I think Pavel201 meant mainly the thing with addind letters, numbers and shapes on a car. That would be pretty cool in story mode though.

--------------------

Thank For your message  :)

In principle yes, but as all the certain shop people will do better than of other one, it is necessary to have all the same certain talent to reproduce a livery if it is extraordinary

Understood. And my first question? Would it be free or not to make a new design?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users