[PS4] GTA Forums Time Trials

2,352 replies to this topic
Trashbags1980
  • Trashbags1980

The BADGER

• Van Society
  • Malta
  • GTAF Time Trials Most Improved Driver 2017

Posted A week ago Edited by Trashbags1980, A week ago.

Very chuffed with the most improved really enjoyed the season much appreciation for double g thx mate
And congrats to the other winners
  • JuniorChubb and Crawford1872 like this

doubleg213
  • doubleg213

Ich Bin Ein Auslander

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Certified Crew 2016 [Van Society]
    Best Event 2016 [Van Society Time Trials 2016]
    Best Event 2015 [Van Society Meetups]

Posted 5 days ago Edited by doubleg213, 5 days ago.

@lann, sorry I'd thought you already had a win before otherwise I'd have made a bigger deal of reporting it. 

Was a little bit late with the medals this year as Kirsty normally sorts them but I think she has other real world stuff going on so thanks to Red Dagger for sorting them out. This year we actually had a real actual physical prize as well which has been posted out to Ally this morning. It should make for essential summer wear in Scotland.

Hopefully we'll have one this year as well, but it really depends on what I can beg, steal or borrow during the year.

My intention is to be up and running with round 1 this week with a deadline of the 4th of February, then switch the dates from there as explained below in the changes section.

Given we've had a few big expensive updates we'll run the first season mainly on cars which are either dirt cheap or available free with returning player bonuses etc. 

If anyone needs returning player bonus stuff for free, then let me know as I still have my PS3 setup so I'm more than happy to sort it out as it's something I did for a lot of the NoDo PC guys who never had console versions. Crawford has said he'd be willing to help out with this as well. 

The only major changes for this year are: 

1: No crew vs crew, I've tried various ways of trying to balance it out and it just doesn't quite seem to work so I think it's easier just to knock it on the head, unless anyone has some ideas?

2: For season 1 I intended to experiment with running the rounds for the full calendar month (once we've sorted Jan and Feb) this is twofold, firstly to give me a bit of breathing space as with both a business and study my time is a bit hit and miss, secondly going forward as a lot of us aren't on the game to the extent we used to be it also hopefully gives people a bit more space to work in.

Once we have finished season 1 I'll leave it up to you guys if we continue with that format or go back to the 3 week routine we had previously. It's something I'll be led by you lot on once we've seen if/how it works. 

3: I'm also intending to focus more on some single make stuff, the class balance is miles out and we always seem to end up with a dominant car anyway, so I'm thinking that perhaps it's best all round if we just pick something interesting and run that only. 

Also a possible idea for change.

4: Do we want to allow posting of times/videos during rounds? The reason behind blocking it was largely as a result of doing Gran Turismo Time Trials years ago, a lot of fighting and arguing ended up occurring because people would sand bag and post slower lap times in the hope others would think they'd beaten them, or going the other way and lying to say they had set a much faster lap than they had to try and dishearten others.

I'm thinking that maybe it's good for any newcomers (if we get some) and some of the slower people to get a clear idea of what the faster guys are doing. 

Again I'll be led by you guys on this.

Finally I need ideas and tracks.

The other thing, in light of the single make idea etc. is that it would be nice to maybe run some other peoples tracks instead of mine.

So with that in mind I'm looking for suggestions of tracks and/or track/car combos which might work for Time Trials.

However with tracks there are some aspects to consider:

1: Run ups, the start should be closed off as much as possible so that people can't go off the track and take a massive run up to gain a flying start advantage. 

2: Kerb boosting. Opportunities should be minimal, mainly to avoid the times essentially coming down to a kerb boost lottery and just hitting lucky. 

Any suggestions could be either your own track or just something you like. 

It would hopefully mix up the style a little and from a personal perspective it's always good to see stuff made by other people I might not have seen otherwise as even in tracks I don't like I often see things which inspire other ideas for me. 

• Crawford1872 likes this

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom
    GTAF Time Trials Most Improved Driver 2016

Posted 5 days ago

Sounds like some good ideas G.

More than happy to help out with track building or modify anything I have already published.

Also car suggestions.... keep it cheap and stick Pantos in there at some point. We can also use Transform races to introduce something a little different, Police Cruisers, Trucks etc.

PondNewt
  • PondNewt

Thug

• Members
  • England

Posted 5 days ago

What do you mean by single make stuff?  Is it a round that will be locked on a specific car or make of car like Truffade? 

Not sure about posting times or videos in the middle of a round.  I'm sure those competing are an honest bunch but I guess it could be abused as you describe.  Should probably be okay though. 

As JuniorChubb said it would be cool to include a Transform Race as those can be really fun and perhaps one round reserved for motorbikes as I don't think they have featured much if at all so far?  I'm not much good with bikes myself but they seem pretty popular.   

• JuniorChubb likes this

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 5 days ago

That reminds me Newt...

Posting videos and lap times? I am against rather than for, if Ally posts one of his vids nobody will bother entering ;)
  • Crawford1872 likes this

PondNewt
  • PondNewt

Thug

• Members
  • England

Posted 5 days ago

That reminds me Newt...

Posting videos and lap times? I am against rather than for, if Ally posts one of his vids nobody will bother entering ;)

Reminds you of what? 

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 5 days ago

That reminds me Newt...

Reminds you of what?

Too post a comment about posting videos and lap times :)
  • PondNewt likes this

doubleg213
  • doubleg213

Ich Bin Ein Auslander

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Event 2016 [Van Society Time Trials 2016]

Posted 5 days ago

Pond Newt, I mean simply picking a single car like when we did the Redwood Gauntlet and Schafter rounds. Mainly with an emphasis on stuff that is relatively cheap though, say sub half a million being the far end of the spectrum. Except the M3, that will be featuring at some point. 

Plus as Chubb says there are some other options available with the Transform Races and I've still never gotten around to a Utility or Mule round which was always something I wanted to try out. 

• PondNewt likes this

catmandoza
  • catmandoza

Van Society Commissioner

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom
  • Caption Competition Week 100 Winner
    Best Certified Crew 2016 [Van Society]

Posted 5 days ago

Mule round please

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 5 days ago

Catman is a drugs mule

catmandoza
  • catmandoza

Van Society Commissioner

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom
  • Caption Competition Week 100 Winner
    Best Certified Crew 2016 [Van Society]

Posted 5 days ago

DRUNK mule Chubb, drunk
  • JuniorChubb and Crawford1872 like this

Johnny Playert
  • Johnny Playert

"There's a bitch... AndyGAGNAKATEKS"

• The Yardies
  • Netherlands
  • Best Snapmatic [Character] 2013

Posted 5 days ago

Congrats to all on the results. Sorry doubleg that i disappeared like i did, i found myself being very busy this last year with work, put in a lot of overtime and GTAF and gaming got sidetracked out of the blue. I haven't even shown my face much around The Yardies which in the 3 years or so before didn't even happen, lol. Anyway, just thought i'd let you know through here that i don't think i'll have the time to compete in the future. Best of luck to the rest and have fun!

• JuniorChubb and doubleg213 like this

Crawford1872
  • Crawford1872

XDBX's Resident Scotsman

• Members
  • Scotland
  • GTAF Time Trials Overall Champion 2017
    GTAF Time Trials Summer Champion 2017

Posted 3 days ago Edited by Crawford1872, 3 days ago.

Thanks for the beanie Double G! You may joke about the weather but up here were covered in snow right now and your hat is keeping my ears snug! Thanks dude :p

https://twitter.com/...669305782165505
  • JuniorChubb likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users