[PS4] GTA Forums Time Trials

2,306 replies to this topic
Verstappen
  • Verstappen

Welcome aboard the Disneyland Monorail

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 January 2016 - 05:48 PM

Ah, right. I see your other socialclub is in NoDo PC.

doubleg213
  • doubleg213

Ich Bin Ein Auslander

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Certified Crew 2016 [Van Society]
    Best Event 2016 [Van Society Time Trials 2016]
    Best Event 2015 [Van Society Meetups]

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:28 PM Edited by doubleg213, 19 January 2016 - 06:28 PM.

I use the doubleg213 account for PS3 and PC mostly. But because I transferred to PC with that I can't transfer it to PS4.

So I created the doubleg213VANS account for PS3 jobs as it will also then allow me to transfer them forward if/when I get a PS4. It also means I won't be starting from zero again on PS4, the money I can live without as it's fairly easy to earn, but all the time unlocking the car upgrades etc. I just couldn't face doing again. 

doubleg213
  • doubleg213

Ich Bin Ein Auslander

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:55 PM Edited by doubleg213, 20 January 2016 - 08:52 AM.

Spamming my own thread now as well as everyone elses.

Just updated the Current Round post as I've added corner numbers to the map. 

• Retired Mafia and SICKPAXX like this

Verstappen
  • Verstappen

Welcome aboard the Disneyland Monorail

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:00 PM

Ooh, that helps. Nice! Wasn't sure what to number the corners from the chicanes onwards.

doubleg213
  • doubleg213

Ich Bin Ein Auslander

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:03 PM

FrikkenZz and I tried explaining corners to each other on the Mayors Office thread, much easier with numbers.

The drawing looks ropey as hell but, the info is there at least. 

• FrikkenZz likes this

FrikkenZz
  • FrikkenZz

Deputy City Manager - PBMO

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • Norway
  • Mister Los Santos 2016 Runner-Up
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:42 PM

I dont see any numbers on the map tho.

doubleg213
  • doubleg213

Ich Bin Ein Auslander

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:46 PM Edited by doubleg213, 19 January 2016 - 07:47 PM.

You might need to refresh the page when you view it. The old image will be cached.

dewtech
  • dewtech

Tied down with battleship chains

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:47 PM

Or CTRL+F5 For a hard reset

• doubleg213 likes this

Creme_Brulee
  • Creme_Brulee

Another night, another patrol with you.

• Members
  • Portugal
    GTAF Time Trials New Year Champion 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:58 PM

I don't understand what's the point of numbering the corners if you don't refer to their numbers in the text above it. Just saying.

doubleg213
  • doubleg213

Ich Bin Ein Auslander

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:01 PM Edited by doubleg213, 19 January 2016 - 08:03 PM.

It's more for people chatting in general.

FrikkenZz and I discussed corners on the Mayors Office thread which was quite difficult. 

You just get yourself back onto that PS3 and see if you can beat gtap for a change!

The text above is just an brief introduction, if you read it you can see I more or less gave up at corner 8 anyway. 

Dnero
  • Dnero

💯

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:29 PM

Corner 7 through 14 is killing me, can't go through them without my tail sliding even just a bit. I f*cking know I could get a second or two quicker but god damn it's annoying.

I got a satisfying enough time already but I'm gonna do some more and send the results tonight for sure

• Johnny Playert and Retired Mafia like this

Creme_Brulee
  • Creme_Brulee

• Members
  • Portugal
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:30 PM Edited by Braulioaej, 19 January 2016 - 08:32 PM.

Alright, makes sense.

I'm still having a bit of difficulty with the image, it's a bit hard for me to connect the map with the actual race.

Anyway, turn 8 isn't hard at all.

I'm having more difficulties at 1 and 2, I'm just not consistent yet there, sometimes I can go flat out through them, sometimes I'll need to slow down.

But turn 5 is a real bitch because of the bumps that are right after it. If I'm not careful I'll fly into a post.

I hate it so much I wanted to take a pic out of it just because.

Edit:

Also, turn 6, I often end up not cutting as much as I can just because it's a bit hard to see where the limit actually is.

doubleg213
  • doubleg213

Ich Bin Ein Auslander

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:34 PM

Turn 5 I considered making it so you went straight on and making it into a more of basic 90 right, but I decided to embrace the fear over those bumps. Just have to keep it wound up and pray. 

Creme_Brulee
  • Creme_Brulee

• Members
  • Portugal
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:36 PM

Turn 5 I considered making it so you went straight on and making it into a more of basic 90 right, but I decided to embrace the fear over those bumps. Just have to keep it wound up and pray. 

I nearly lost 3rd place because of that in mandy's event.

But luckily the two guys that overtook me when I f*cked up there ended up screwing up as well.

Otherwise we wouldn't have had STD in 1st, 2nd and 3rd place that race.

dewtech
  • dewtech

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:16 PM Edited by dewtech_2008, 19 January 2016 - 09:17 PM.

Alright, makes sense.

I'm still having a bit of difficulty with the image, it's a bit hard for me to connect the map with the actual race.

I'm having more difficulties at 1 and 2, I'm just not consistent yet there, sometimes I can go flat out through them, sometimes I'll need to slow down.

But turn 5 is a real bitch because of the bumps that are right after it. If I'm not careful I'll fly into a post.

Edit:

Also, turn 6, I often end up not cutting as much as I can just because it's a bit hard to see where the limit actually is.

1 and 2 keeps getting me as well, Someone said to me flat out yet I find if you brake slightly you can hold a better and quicker line, from 2 onwards I have pretty much perfect imo, I love that little Bus Stop like section.

Next where I loose time is the 90 degrees right near the end, roughly 11 to 14, I think a lot of it is just bravery on the brakes. I have a nasty habit of doing a perfect lap on my first lap which is of course useless because of the slower start, then unable to repeat it.

DoubleG was right about practice though, I'm now crashing and yet setting the same lap time that I submitted as my first entery, I've shaved a good few seconds off, and quite a lot of carbon fibre off my mean green T20 :lol:

• FrikkenZz and SICKPAXX like this

Creme_Brulee
  • Creme_Brulee

• Members
  • Portugal
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:23 PM

Alright, makes sense.

Edit:

1 and 2 keeps getting me as well, Someone said to me flat out yet I find if you brake slightly you can hold a better and quicker line, from 2 onwards I have pretty much perfect imo, I love that little Bus Stop like section.

Next where I loose time is the 90 degrees right near the end, roughly 11 to 14, I think a lot of it is just bravery on the brakes. I have a nasty habit of doing a perfect lap on my first lap which is of course useless because of the slower start, then unable to repeat it.

DoubleG was right about practice though, I'm now crashing and yet setting the same lap time that I submitted as my first entery, I've shaved a good few seconds off, and quite a lot of carbon fibre off my mean green T20  :lol:

Not sure what the bus stop like section is, lol. Is that the chicane? Short after the 2nd corner.

I'm pretty much perfect for the rest of the track. There are a few turns in which I can go a bit faster and drive over the sidewalk, but I'm not consistent there. Sometimes I do it, sometimes I don't.

dewtech
  • dewtech

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:30 PM

Alright, makes sense.

Edit:

DoubleG was right about practice though, I'm now crashing and yet setting the same lap time that I submitted as my first entery, I've shaved a good few seconds off, and quite a lot of carbon fibre off my mean green T20  :lol:

Not sure what the bus stop like section is, lol. Is that the chicane? Short after the 2nd corner.

I'm pretty much perfect for the rest of the track. There are a few turns in which I can go a bit faster and drive over the sidewalk, but I'm not consistent there. Sometimes I do it, sometimes I don't.

Yeah sorry, the Bus Stop referrs to a corner on the old layout of Spa circuit in Belgium that I'm sure some racing fans will understand. It was a fantastic corner they sadly cut up.

Retired Mafia
  • Retired Mafia

Van Society

• Van Society
  • United-States
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Black & White
    Best Gang 2015 [Van Society]
    Best Event 2014 [Van Society Meets]

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:53 AM

Probably gonna do some laps tonight.

also got my plate done to represent the crew i'll be racing for. just something for fun

YggyYAj.jpg
  • FrikkenZz, Jitsoe and SICKPAXX like this

Quadro
  • Quadro

Director of Community Development - PBMO

• Australia
  • Best Content Creator Job 2016 [Car Foosball - Paleto Bay]

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:00 AM Edited by quadro09, 20 January 2016 - 11:25 AM.

I love the track. very tricky and unpredictable in parts. I'm glad I got to participate in the first round and I look forward to more! Thanks!
  • FrikkenZz, Retired Mafia and SICKPAXX like this

doubleg213
  • doubleg213

Ich Bin Ein Auslander

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:08 AM

No problem glad you liked it.

I tend to make tracks that I find challenging myself, it's very rare I'll make something where you can just go flat out everywhere in an Adder, which seems to be what the majority of GTA players want. I like something where it's possible to make mistakes. 

We had one I used last year. I made it and I was probably the one who bitched about it the most, it had so many spots where you could mess it up and I messed it up a lot. 

• FrikkenZz and SICKPAXX like this

Quadro
  • Quadro

• Australia

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:28 AM

The way I see it - there would be no point if it wasn't challenging. The challenge is what makes it fun.
  • FrikkenZz, Verstappen, R3CON and 1 other like this

Johnny Playert
  • Johnny Playert

"There's a bitch... AndyGAGNAKATEKS"

• The Yardies
  • Netherlands
  • Best Snapmatic [Character] 2013

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:53 PM

Yeah this is a real racer's track right here. It has great lines and is just tricky enough to test your skills. I've put down some times (haven't PM'd it yet though) but i just know i can knock a few seconds off...
  • Gouveia, Retired Mafia, Quadro and 1 other like this

Gouveia
  • Gouveia

#YardOn

• The Yardies
  • Brazil

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:40 PM

Gonna prolly give it a few more laps today. As I said to doubleg, the thing about this event is that it's just the same thing I love about Asetto Corsa: doing laps and racing my own time, fighting my own lines. I freaking love it.

I just hope you don't remove the tracks later, and we can do a Racing Tournament on these tracks.

• FrikkenZz, Johnny Playert and SICKPAXX like this

Creme_Brulee
  • Creme_Brulee

• Members
  • Portugal
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:32 PM

Now it seems I've become doubleg's clone or something.

I always fail somewhere in the freaking track, I've done loads and loads of laps today, not a single one was near my previously set times, despite having found so many places where I can gain time.

It's really annoying, next time I may as well grab my headphones and listen to music while racing, otherwise I become way worse when I'm annoyed.

• Verstappen likes this

doubleg213
  • doubleg213

Ich Bin Ein Auslander

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:34 PM Edited by doubleg213, 20 January 2016 - 08:35 PM.

I do that every time, get a reasonable first few laps, then start getting worse as I start losing time pushing to see where I can gain and just never seem to string a proper lap together for ages, then the times start to come down again. 

• SICKPAXX likes this

Creme_Brulee
  • Creme_Brulee

• Members
  • Portugal
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:41 PM

Except I got a few awful laps, manage to get some good ones, then today it all went down the drain.

Still having trouble at the 2nd corner, I'll have to start driving on the road again like a novice.

And then I'm screwing up at the chicane and at the 12th corner, which I used to blaze through without a single problem.

dewtech
  • dewtech

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:47 PM

I do that every time, get a reasonable first few laps, then start getting worse as I start losing time pushing to see where I can gain and just never seem to string a proper lap together for ages, then the times start to come down again. 

You start getting annoyed with yourself and that's when it gets worse, or at least for me. I've not had a crack today, probably tomorrow or Friday. I do have a much better time to submit to you but going to wait a few days, don't want to be a pest :lol:

PatG
  • PatG

Shammgod

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:39 PM Edited by PSgtaplayer1, 20 January 2016 - 10:40 PM.

What's worse is setting your quickest lap time then getting signed out of PSN. 

Oh life. 

• Johnny Playert likes this

Quadro
  • Quadro

• Australia

Posted 21 January 2016 - 06:42 AM Edited by quadro09, 21 January 2016 - 06:43 AM.

^ Brutal.

Yeah please leave the tracks up after you are done - Our crew is already talking about how great it would be to do a GP of the TT tracks.

• Retired Mafia and SICKPAXX like this

doubleg213
  • doubleg213

Ich Bin Ein Auslander

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:36 AM Edited by doubleg213, 21 January 2016 - 07:37 AM.

I very rarely take anything down that I make unless I do a major overhaul and re publish them brand new which is very rare now. 

We did something similar for the end of the year. We finished the last round on the Friday and then that weekend I did a race night using the tracks from the Time Trials as a crew event. 

• Quadro and SICKPAXX like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users