What is your favorite mission in VCS

31 replies to this topic
Sweet Bellic
  • Sweet Bellic

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Finland

Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:10 PM

My favorite mission is In the air tonight because this mission has Phil Collins´ concert.

• PhillBellic likes this

Pastry
  • Pastry

you know i had to ring-a-ding do it to em

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:08 PM Edited by Cake* Games, 02 January 2016 - 09:11 PM.

In The Air Tonight for sure blows everything else out of the water. If we want to play fair I'd say that Light My Pyre is a good one. Gives the player a proper challenge and delivers on a strong emotional level. The intro with Lance's vehicle getting blown up is quite comedic too. In The Air Tonight, Light My Pyre and Domo Arigato Domestoboto were the most memorable for me. Mention Zero To Hero and Last Stand is simply unfair though.

• PhillBellic, Pavle, Sweet Bellic and 1 other like this

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2016 - 06:04 PM

Say Cheese

Theres just something about riding a jetski through vice city that is so satisfying.

• Sweet Bellic likes this

Sweet Bellic
  • Sweet Bellic

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Finland

Posted 27 January 2016 - 07:13 PM

Say Cheese

Theres just something about riding a jetski through vice city that is so satisfying.

I love that mission too :)

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 28 January 2016 - 06:22 AM Edited by Ivan1997GTA, 28 January 2016 - 07:00 AM.

^

That mission is from original Vice City, it doesn't count.

Anyway, my favorite missions:

Domo Arigato Domestoboto - There's something about controlling the Domestobot that makes the mission fun to replay over & over again. The tasks that Armando gives are really easy to do, and burning Armando's bonds is so damn satisfying.

Accidents Will Happen - The race you have to go through using the Infernus is really nicely designed and plowing through other Infernuses is fun as hell.

Say Cheese - Really fun mission, it's like Accidents Will Happen, but with jet skis & bikes.

In the Air Tonight - Working as security for Phil Collins while his concert is in progress? Yes please.

The Mugshot Longshot - Sure, it's nothing special, but it's really worth it just to get that VCPD Cheetah, which normally doesn't spawn anywhere unless you have a 3-star or higher wanted level.

Turn on, Tune in, Bug out - I know that a lot of people have difficulties playing this mission, but I recommend at least getting all 30 empire sites (which takes a lot of time), it makes escaping the FBI a lot easier with bulletproof vehicles.

And if we were to include side-quests, then the drug empire missions are my favorite, because there are so many scenarios that could happen at random.

• markusizr, ClaudeSpeed1911, EarthGaia and 1 other like this

KnowDude
  • KnowDude

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:53 AM

Since I love passenger-seat railshooter missions, I would say that I, personally, had the most fun with "Jive Drive" (fleeing from Cholos with Lance) and "Farewell to Arms" (saving Gonzalez' sorry ass from a helicopter with one of the best weapons in the game).

"Blitzkrieg Strikes Again" was also very good, because it felt good that Vic's good deeds now had good consequences for him and it was really a badass moment that all of his friends and partners (Lance, Phil, the Cubans) sticked together to kick some Mendez' goons asses.

Of course, "In the Air Tonight" was also a great mission and possibly the most memorable mission of VCS.

Loved the last mission, too, but since almost all GTAs have great finales, I'll leave it out.

• Sweet Bellic, Ivan1997GTA and Platybus like this

gtafaninwest
  • gtafaninwest

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 February 2016 - 10:12 AM

Farewell to Arms, the Blitzkrieg missions, and Last Stand

LittleWeasel
  • LittleWeasel

Ban this account, please.

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 14 February 2016 - 01:51 PM Edited by LittleWeasel, 15 February 2016 - 12:54 AM.

Light My Pyre.

(By the way, i've posted Rub Out thinking that I was posting on VC section, my bad)

sealab2012
  • sealab2012

underneath the sealab

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:07 AM

gluserty
  • gluserty

GTA enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2016 - 12:19 PM

'Brawn of the Dead' is good ol' fun for sure; The North Point Mall, zombies, a fun pun mission name, Lance exclaiming "My Brother's Keeper" ("Miami Vice" reference) after the shoot (literally) is over? Thumbs up!

Aw man, I like 'Turn on, Tune in , Bug out', but it's a little nerve-wracking for me at times, especially since if I don't land the helicopter correctly while taking out the last two satellites (which just happened to me. Also, I didn't take out that SWAT helicopter fast enough. The whole deal was my fault though). Like Ivan1997GTA said though, you're golden if you have all the empire sites, since what I usually do is land the helicopter (when I keep it intact) on the closest empire site by that Pay 'n Spray and that's it.

• MegaVice likes this

MegaVice
  • MegaVice

Vice City's Top Dealer

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2016 - 02:28 PM Edited by MoP - FiReLTU, 13 May 2016 - 02:32 PM.

Last Stand - Purely for the fact, that you get to kill that copy of Tenpenny that feels as if it was a spin-off, Martinez.

In the Air Tonight - The chilling moment when you are playing for the first time, and you are wondering what song Phil will play, and WILL it play, and your favorite song by Phil Collins plays.

Domo Arigato Domestoboto - It's really fun, because who doesn't want to control a robot? Also the chance to freely roam across the Mendez mansion is really good. Quite sad that you didn't get it as a safehouse like you did Diaz mansion in GTA VC.

Light my Pyre - It's just a wonderful mission. The name is chilling, Lance's Infernus blowing up is funny, and killing Sos- I mean Armando Mendez makes it good. 

Boomshine Blowout - You know that moment, where a mission is so hard, and you played it so much, it becomes you favorite? Well, this happened to me. It is nothing special, and actually not that hard, but the first time I played it, it felt harder than the last mission. And it was pretty annoying, when I was about to put the last crate of Boomshine into Phil's truck, and then the whole place exploded.

From Zero to Hero - I think we can all agree, that the Vice Beach is just better than the Little Havana/Downtown section of the map. And unlocking Vice Beach felt SO GOOD.

• Sweet Bellic, Ivan1997GTA and gluserty like this

gluserty
  • gluserty

GTA enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:52 AM

Yeah, Vice Beach/East Island is where to be; I understand the decision to begin on the West Island, but you still have to play quite a while before unlocking what I feel is the more interesting island (unlike the first game, in which the West Island is unlocked pretty quickly).

• MegaVice and Sweet Bellic like this

MegaVice
  • MegaVice

Vice City's Top Dealer

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2016 - 04:10 PM

Yeah, Vice Beach/East Island is where to be; I understand the decision to begin on the West Island, but you still have to play quite a while before unlocking what I feel is the more interesting island (unlike the first game, in which the West Island is unlocked pretty quickly).

I think they did it, because you start in the East island on Vice City, so they switched it up. Also, look at the things that happen in both games: Hurricane is coming and because of that in the starts of the games bridges are closed, in both games a drug baron (Mendez - VCS, Diaz - VC) betrays the protagonist, there are two final antagonists (Martinez & Mendez - VCS, Vance & Forelli - VC), and there's lots more things. Switching the map might have something to do with this.

• gluserty likes this

--Vega--
  • --Vega--

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2016 - 02:52 PM

From Zero To Hero - Like the other guy said, it feels so good to unlock the second island

In The Air Tonight, Light My Pyre, and Last Stand are all classics from that game also

Melancholia
  • Melancholia

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:28 PM Edited by Melancholia, 19 May 2016 - 07:29 PM.

I liked the Domestobot mission due to how unique it was. I actually kept a save before that mission so I could play it anytime I wanted. In the Air Tonight was also pretty rad.

Actually now that I think about it, I liked Purple Haze a lot. The "high" factor made that mission difficult in all the right ways.

• MegaVice likes this

EarthGaia
  • EarthGaia

Don't mess with Cuphead!

• The Yakuza
  • Netherlands
  • Contribution Award [Music]

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:12 AM

Domo Arigato Domestoboto, From Zero to Hero, In the Air Tonight, Light My Pyre, Havana Good Time, Papi Don't Screech (hillarious time, Danny Trejo (Umberto Robina's voice) did well dubbing on the crying scene), Kill Phil 1 & 2, Purple Haze (slo-mo time, the title reminded me a Groove Armada song) and So Long Schlong (Reni proving how tough she is with guns).

• Sweet Bellic and Ivan1997GTA like this

Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

Special Vehicle Collector

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:41 AM

All of Lance's missions.

SMACKED!
  • SMACKED!

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:43 PM Edited by Still Madd, 10 August 2016 - 09:00 PM.

1. From Zero To Hero.
  2. Jive Drive.
  3. Last Stand.
  4. Over The Top.
  5. In the Air Tonight.

DoctorMike
  • DoctorMike

I hope Everyone's having a great Day/Night

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:29 AM

"Last Stand" and "in the air tonight" or whatever the name was

Sweet Bellic
  • Sweet Bellic

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Finland

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:43 AM

In the Air tonight was awesome because of Phil Collins consert .

• DoctorMike likes this

DoctorMike
  • DoctorMike

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:44 AM

ikr, it was neat, nice profile pic btw XD

Sweet Bellic
  • Sweet Bellic

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Finland

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:49 AM

ikr, it was neat, nice profile pic btw XD

Thanks  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:

Absar J Khan
  • Absar J Khan

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Unknown
  • Best USB citizen 2016

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:48 AM

In my opinion,‘Last stand’misson is very favourite,Cuz you have to kill Diego Mendez and Jerry Martinez and also it is last misson,Thats all i think :)
  • Sweet Bellic and DoctorMike like this

SMACKED!
  • SMACKED!

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:48 PM

In my opinion,‘Last stand’misson is very favourite,Cuz you have to kill Diego Mendez and Jerry Martinez and also it is last misson,Thats all i think :)

That's so deep, bro. I can't even see you from here.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Founder

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 10 August 2016 - 05:20 AM

I like all missions, as long as they do not involve Lance, but the most favorite for me are Reni's and Mendez's missions. Especially "In The Air Tonight", it stands out.
  • Sweet Bellic and The American Army 1775 like this

DoctorMike
  • DoctorMike

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 10 August 2016 - 02:41 PM

Last Stand, the end of the Vic Vance's Adventures!

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:44 PM

Farewell to Arms, shooting from a helicopter is fun...
  • KnowDude and Sweet Bellic like this

VicTheNeckSnappingGuy
  • VicTheNeckSnappingGuy

"Keep up motherf*cker!"

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:48 PM Edited by VicTheNeckSnappingGuy, 21 February 2017 - 01:49 PM.

Mine's a "long" list, so here's mine: (Note that this list is not in order.)

Jive Drive- Failing that mission for a few times just because of my mediocre aim made it my most favorite.

Boomshine Blowout- Same for the one mentioned above ^, it became my favorite when I failed it many times because I don't know the routes going to the boomshine.

Farewell to Arms- A pretty satisfying mission wherein your feet is in the helicopter the whole mission, shooting idiots pursuing Gonzalez.

Taking the Fall- The balance mechanic was introduced in this mission, which is pretty fine to me, because I'm a fine helicopter driver.

Over the Top- What beats the breaking into the military base to steal massive attack chopper, guys?

In the Air Tonight- Listening to good music while kicking some jerks' asses is my dream, and thank God it was fulfilled.

Last Stand- It shows us the confrontation of Vic to that dickhead Martinez and asshole Mendez to end things once and for all.

The Bum Deal- The twist here is that Forbes lured us into some gay biker bar, which actually surprised me for the first time playing the mission. It is also the mission where you can get some randomly colored Wintergreen that is pretty nimble; nimbler than the Little Willie.

Truck Stop- It is where you help Phil steal a truck with the aid of other two men. You use a bulletproof pink Perennial in this mission, which makes this mission pretty easier for me, the only boring things about this is that you only have to drive and guard Phil's "truck".

Well that pretty much covers it. What do you think?

GettheTrainCJ
  • GettheTrainCJ

Train Chaser

• Members
  • South-Korea

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:27 PM

Victor : (Asked Phil to be a decoy) Don't do anything stupid.

Phil : We're gonna break into a military base and i'm drunk, what could be more stupid? Don't worry about me.

Victor : (Nod)

(Boomshine fireworks party at the front gate of Boxter)

Phil : LOUIIIIIIIIIIIIISSAH! WHEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

=====================================================

<Over the Top>

Sumitaser
  • Sumitaser

Nobody is perfect, I'm Mr. Nobody

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:25 AM

Victor : (Asked Phil to be a decoy) Don't do anything stupid.
Phil : We're gonna break into a military base and i'm drunk, what could be more stupid? Don't worry about me.
Victor : (Nod)

(Boomshine fireworks party at the front gate of Boxter)
Phil : LOUIIIIIIIIIIIIISSAH! WHEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

=====================================================
<Over the Top>

Lol, loved that one too. My favourite is High Wire, I know people will be thinking that I'm crazy. But if you look at the mission from a different perspective believe me, the amount of skill required to complete it makes you feel good after completing it. My other faves are Blitzkrieg Strikes Again, So Long Schlong and Zero To Hero.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users