UncleFestor
  • UncleFestor

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I keep getting this error :

[1 errors]
1 times: Can't find a proper vertex declaration for a mesh "L:\Games\Grand Theft Auto V\Extracted files\Export 3\head_000_r\head_000_r\head_000_r_high" material 1.
Check if all of its materials can be skinned or not(depending on the selected shader).
[0 warnings]

I have no clue why. It's the default head for Michael. All I did was use the paint deform tool in 3DS Max to add a little bit to the head. I didn't alter nor change the materials. I've double checked and the materials look fine in 3DS MAx

Can you tell me the exact location of that model in game resources? There're a lot of "head_000_r" models...

Sure.

It's: x64v.rpf\models\cdimages\streamedpeds_players.rpf\player_zero\head_000_r.ydd

It works just fine if I don't do anything to the head. But as soon as I move a vertice, or alter the shape using the deform tool. I get that error every time.

Thedrivercat
  • Thedrivercat

Thedrivercat

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Thedrivercat, 2 weeks ago.

@3Doomer Check this out http://gtaforums.com...rial-for-gta-v/i made a model and the first time it worked in game but i had three problems 1_the model's vertices got screwed somehow 2_the model is nearly the same as the original rigged one but its not correct in the new 3_the model is viberating :) Help please

3Doomer
  • 3Doomer

GIMS developer

• Members
  • None
  • Best Tool 2016 [OpenIV]
    Major Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 2 weeks ago

1) I can't see any pictures of that, but I assume you're talking about facial bones(eyes, mouth, etc). They aren't currently working with GIMS, so you'd have to skin the whole head to the head bone.

2) How exactly it isn't correct?

3) I'm not quite sure what do you mean by "viberating", but you should try to look into FAQ in the 1st post.

• Thedrivercat likes this

Thedrivercat
  • Thedrivercat

Thedrivercat

• Members
  • Egypt

1) I can't see any pictures of that, but I assume you're talking about facial bones(eyes, mouth, etc). They aren't currently working with GIMS, so you'd have to skin the whole head to the head bone.

2) How exactly it isn't correct?

3) I'm not quite sure what do you mean by "viberating", but you should try to look into FAQ in the 1st post.

1_The only thing working correctly Is the head :) I used ig_bankman for rigging before and all bones got screwed except head,teef

The model's vertices were smooth but now look at his face after rigging

and also his textures I think (Normal,Specular) not correct somehow

nvFtJ5P.png

3_Viberating like a phone :) Right and Left or Maybe I better say "Shaking"

yes and also I rigged another model after this but it wont appear in game. when I use trainer to change to the mode nothing happens only the trainer wont open again

3Doomer
  • 3Doomer

GIMS developer

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by 3Doomer, 2 weeks ago.

It's: x64v.rpf\models\cdimages\streamedpeds_players.rpf\player_zero\head_000_r.ydd

It works just fine if I don't do anything to the head. But as soon as I move a vertice, or alter the shape using the deform tool. I get that error every time.

Well, I've just imported that model, moved a vertex in the editable mesh modifier, and exported it back - no errors was seen.

One of the shaders of that model don't support unskinned meshes. Are you sure that you haven't lost skinning while editing vertices?

1_The only thing working correctly Is the head :) I used ig_bankman for rigging before and all bones got screwed except head,teef

yes and also I rigged another model after this but it wont appear in game. when I use trainer to change to the mode nothing happens only the trainer wont open again

1- Have you replaced one ped body part with the whole new ped, or have you kept original body parts structure? There's a limit of bones per mesh, that's why they're divided.

Also, I see 2 heads one inside another on your picture. That's not very helpful in terms of seeing textures nor normals/specular "correctness".

3- read FAQ, "What to do if model's affected by wind ingame(moving by itself when outdoors)" section.

Thedrivercat
  • Thedrivercat

Thedrivercat

• Members
  • Egypt

Well, I've just imported that model, moved a vertex in the editable mesh modifier, and exported it back - no errors was seen.

One of the shaders of that model don't support unskinned meshes. Are you sure that you haven't lost skinning while editing vertices?

1- Have you replaced one ped body part with the whole new ped, or have you kept original body parts structure? There's a limit of bones per mesh, that's why they're divided.

Also, I see 2 heads one inside another on your picture. That's not very helpful in terms of seeing textures nor normals/specular "correctness".

3- read FAQ, "What to do if model's affected by wind ingame(moving by itself when outdoors)" section.

Can the model be affected by .YFT file,  I mean I used the original .yft file because I don't know how to create one and .YMT too

so that might be the problem right?

oh and the model is only one head not two if that's another head I don't know where it came from or even how it was dublicated :) and I didn't change any thing in the old model only I deleted Accs (bones,mesh,helper) and also hair because the model is bald :D

3Doomer
  • 3Doomer

GIMS developer

• Members
  • None

YFT can mess something up only iif you've changed the model skeleton. As for YMT...I don't know what it does.

But there's no good way to alter any of these files.

Thedrivercat
  • Thedrivercat

Thedrivercat

• Members
  • Egypt

YFT can mess something up only iif you've changed the model skeleton. As for YMT...I don't know what it does.

But there's no good way to alter any of these files.

I imported the model again in max from the picture and I found only one head model not two :) also my model was smooth when I replaced it with the gta v one I found it like this zPEo1Aa.jpg

3Doomer
  • 3Doomer

GIMS developer

• Members
  • None

1) Make sure that you're using the latest GIMS V version(9.5.2017 20:27 UTC).

2) Make sure that all of the mesh faces have at least one smoothing group assigned. That kind of "unsmoothing" happens only if faces have unique smoothing groups for each of them, or don't have them at all. Or if all faces have separate vertices(like a result of "Break" button on vertices).

Thedrivercat
  • Thedrivercat

Thedrivercat

• Members
  • Egypt

1) Make sure that you're using the latest GIMS V version(9.5.2017 20:27 UTC).
2) Make sure that all of the mesh faces have at least one smoothing group assigned. That kind of "unsmoothing" happens only if faces have unique smoothing groups for each of them, or don't have them at all. Or if all faces have separate vertices(like a result of "Break" button on vertices).

@3Doomer Well,Ok I will try again and see,Thanks Very Much  :)

TurtleeyGTA
  • TurtleeyGTA

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by TurtleeyGTA, 2 weeks ago.

Hey, I'm having a really weird bug with importing models into max. This is a brand new problem and I have no idea what happened. For some reason the importer isn't recognizing some textures anymore, and is recognizing others, even though they're in the same folder and there's no difference in them.

No errors at all pop up, like "[texture] was missing". It imports fine but appears like this.

GjHeQp4.pngBDgX7jB.png

First thought is that those textures are missing, right?

cAGmOYP.png

Those textures are right there! Messing with them manually in the material editor only seems to break it further, but this is what it looks like by default:

mEbeu6l.png

I used to be able to import a model and it worked immediately - now I redo one of the models I did months ago, and it's missing textures this time, like something broke. Can anyone help me find a cause of this?

3Doomer
  • 3Doomer

GIMS developer

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Try with PNG textures, 3D MAX was never able to properly handle DDS...

I'm not exactly sure why that happens either. Probably something with free RAM or VRAM amount.

• UncleFestor likes this

UncleFestor
  • UncleFestor

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by UncleFestor, 2 weeks ago.

I have no clue. I just started using 3DS Max, but I'll keep doing research to see. I tried adding a skin modifier to the head and Max crashed. I think I'll try to skin it in Blender, then export it to max see if that works.

Edit, so I imported Michaels Default head to look for a skin modifier, as you eluded to, and I copied them from the High & Med mesh of Default to my modded ones. And it exported perfectly.

So thanks for that :)

Now I think I might need to do some weight painting cause the mouth doesn't really work right. I'll take care of that in blender tho. Thanks again @3Doomer.

Sn3aKyFrEaK
  • Sn3aKyFrEaK

Player Hater

• New Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Sn3aKyFrEaK, A week ago.

Hi 3Doomer i have a problem when i export an objects i made with embedded textures

Everything exported fine collision is working ect ect

YyfXutE.jpg

But when it's night the object glows

QPzZhdy.jpg

[Note : the texture is fine the closer u go to the object but the further u go it then starts to glow]

I've done all materials in the gims material editor , i've tried all sorts of shader parameters but it still glows even if i set it to the default shader parameter with DXT1 selected . i've tried PNG and JPG formats 

What's the problem and how can i fix it? Any help would gladly be appreciated  :)

3Doomer
  • 3Doomer

GIMS developer

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I think you'll need to change some color or alpha vertex channels. The game uses them for lighting and some kinds of other stuff.

I don't know exact rules, but different shaders use these channels for different reasons.

Headshots_Ops
  • Headshots_Ops

Player Hater

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted A week ago

Yes like 3Doomer said

The vertexcolor needs to be pink or red, pink is almost completely dark and red fully dark.
For the exact RGB values you could import a map asset from the game as reference.

lazlow555
  • lazlow555

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 2 days ago

when I export my ped model it looks like this. how to fix it. if I try edit skining game crashes. 2wwkk.png

Terry_Kaffarov
  • Terry_Kaffarov

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted An hour ago

hey bro,i got a problem,when i was testing a hoodie i made,after running with my character,the hoodie became all wet,without rain or touching the water,can you help me fix this?

Thanks in advance,sorry for the bad english

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users