1,176 replies to this topic
3Doomer
  • 3Doomer

GIMS developer

• Members
  • None
  • Best Tool 2016 [OpenIV]
    Major Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 05 May 2016 - 07:14 PM Edited by 3Doomer, 05 May 2016 - 07:19 PM.

New update's available!

Main features:

Added models import.

Added collisions export.

Enjoy!

ChangeLog:

GIMS Evo GTA V core release 5.5.2016 19:9 UTC

Added openFormats collisions export
Added openFormats models import
Added shaders config reader
Added material editor
Added phBound type check
Added bone DataCRC DB
OpenIV not found error was made a bit easier to understand.
Cache reset
  • _CP_, Kesha_F1, ffzero58 and 10 others like this

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:26 PM

When we could expect a test release for model export with basic shaders?

• Mega likes this

3Doomer
  • 3Doomer

GIMS developer

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:29 PM Edited by 3Doomer, 05 May 2016 - 08:29 PM.

When we could expect a test release for model export with basic shaders?

Shaders aren't the hardest thing, so it will come all at once. May be, it'll be ready in a pair of weeks.

• Mega and Mister P like this

DM98xKONATA
  • DM98xKONATA

Koh-Nuh-Tah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:59 PM

Awesome!

AlexVonShep
  • AlexVonShep

From Russia with mods

• New Members
  • Russia

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:33 PM Edited by AlexVonShep, 05 May 2016 - 10:07 PM.

UPD: удалил папку Shared в AppData\Local\GIMS - все заработало!

Вот такая ошибка возникает при запуске:
65cbd8d51b.PNG

Устанавливал ручками, все по инструкции. Проблема, возможно, кроется в наличии GIMS IV или в версии программы (у меня 3ds MAX Design 2012). Сам ни черта в скриптах не понимаю, поэтому сюда и обратился.

Mr.Arrow
  • Mr.Arrow

God Save the Penis

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:45 PM

Collisions export? Oh hell yeszzzzzz

I have been waiting that since this thread was created

GWM XxM4ESTRExX
  • GWM XxM4ESTRExX

GWM Leader

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 06 May 2016 - 02:56 AM

[1 errors]
1 times: Nothing found to export.
[0 warnings]

I tried to export a .odr file but this it's the message I get.

Mr.Arrow
  • Mr.Arrow

God Save the Penis

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 May 2016 - 03:51 AM

Export for ODR isn't available yet.
  • Mega and dr0yed like this

droidrzrlover
  • droidrzrlover

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:12 AM

Can't wait for export functionality, I will be redoing the minimap ydd files.

3Doomer
  • 3Doomer

GIMS developer

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:42 PM

There's one thing you all should know about ped models import:

Some models haven't got full skeleton in them. To import the skeleton and skinning properly, you should get the full skeleton from corresponding .yft files using OpenIV.

For an example, if you want to import some of player_zero models, you should go to the player_zero archive, click right mouse button on the player_zero.yft file, and select "Export skeleton".

Then, you place that .skel file near to needed .odr or .odd, and change the skeleton file's name.

If the model name's "uppr_000_u.odr", you should name the skeleton "uppr_000_u FULL.skel"(note the space between the model name and "FULL" part).

GIMS will find that skeleton and use it instead of the model skeleton.

I'll make the tutorial videos later.

• H1Vltg3, Tomasak, ffzero58 and 7 others like this

Lawdy
  • Lawdy

Crackhead

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 08 May 2016 - 04:40 PM

Some models haven't got full skeleton in them. To import the skeleton and skinning properly, you should get the full skeleton from corresponding .yft files using OpenIV.

For an example, if you want to import some of player_zero models, you should go to the player_zero archive, click right mouse button on the player_zero.yft file, and select "Export skeleton".

Then, you place that .skel file near to needed .odr or .odd, and change the skeleton file's name.

If the model name's "uppr_000_u.odr", you should name the skeleton "uppr_000_u FULL.skel"(note the space between the model name and "FULL" part).

Do you know if there's something similiar you can do if you just want to move a model between peds in OpenIV? Works with most models but a few bug out when you equip that component ingame, maybe something to do with the skeleton?

3Doomer
  • 3Doomer

GIMS developer

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2016 - 05:03 PM

Do you know if there's something similiar you can do if you just want to move a model between peds in OpenIV? Works with most models but a few bug out when you equip that component ingame, maybe something to do with the skeleton?

Nope, I definitely don't know...

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Inventor

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:24 PM Edited by MrGTAmodsgerman, 09 May 2016 - 07:10 PM.

I try the new update but it says "Shared core update's failed. Please, check your internet connection and try again latery,or contact the support" A got a internet connection as you see. What i do wrong? I also try to install it via this download here but it give me the same problem. I also try to the delete the "GIMS" Folder inside Appdata/Local and yea it didnt work. What i need to do???

3Ds Max 2011

Plugin runs before the new update

Fixed now: Update messed up

3Doomer
  • 3Doomer

GIMS developer

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:49 PM

I've kinda messed up one of the updates, but now it should be fixed.

• MrGTAmodsgerman likes this

vans123
  • vans123

Thompson 1928

• Members

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:22 AM

@3Doomer how to export? whenever i want to export my new rigged mesh it says "nothing found to export"

Mr.Arrow
  • Mr.Arrow

God Save the Penis

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2016 - 04:06 AM

Export isn't avilable yet.It will come out on a few weeks.

vans123
  • vans123

Thompson 1928

• Members

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:57 AM

@Mr.Arrow ok, thanks for the answer

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2016 - 10:42 PM

Regarding the skeleton, do you know if its possible to make something like a wing suit? Basically, the arms would still move, making the suit stretch, rather than have the arms be detached from the torso. My explanation is terrible, but I'm sure you know what a wing suit looks like, so you should get the idea that I'm talking about.

But the wing suit also needs to flap in the breeze. Only Michael, Trevor, and Franklin's cloths have those animations.

3Doomer
  • 3Doomer

GIMS developer

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2016 - 03:32 PM

Regarding the skeleton, do you know if its possible to make something like a wing suit? Basically, the arms would still move, making the suit stretch, rather than have the arms be detached from the torso. My explanation is terrible, but I'm sure you know what a wing suit looks like, so you should get the idea that I'm talking about.

But the wing suit also needs to flap in the breeze. Only Michael, Trevor, and Franklin's cloths have those animations.

1) You can add wings to any body part. Of course, they must be properly skinned to move realistic with hands.

2) As long as there's no formats for cloth meshes in OpenIV, you can't do "flapping stuff" as hair or parts of costumes. You should wait for them....pretty long time I must say.

ProdigyHD
  • ProdigyHD

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:42 AM Edited by ProdigyHD, 13 May 2016 - 06:34 AM.

@3Doomer

Ive been trying to export the collision files from open into 3ds max using GIMS EVO. I was wondering how can I change the collision because i try editing the object and even adding spheres or squares and I still walk through them in the game.

Alright I was able to edit one object from the collision file and make an invisible wall. Now is there a way to edit the collision a certain way so the new model can be seen from far away instead of disappearing?

Here is what Im talking about.

I added a model to the game editing the ydr files. [Image 1]

Well I edited the collision file. Here is what it looks like in 3dsMax [Image 2]

I exported it using GIMS EVO then I added it to the game. Here is what it looks like inside the game [Image 3]

But the model still fades away if you walk away from it. [Image 4]

Help.

Thanks

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV Lives

• Members
  • Russia
    Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:04 AM

Alright I was able to edit one object from the collision file and make an invisible wall. Now is there a way to edit the collision a certain way so the new model can be seen from far away instead of disappearing?

This is not depends from collision file. Collisions is only physical boundaries of object, they does not affect visual part.

vans123
  • vans123

Thompson 1928

• Members

Posted 13 May 2016 - 06:23 PM

You are heading towards what LODS do, You might want to edit all the lod level files, tho i dont know if they are able to be opened at all, even less be edited

droidrzrlover
  • droidrzrlover

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2016 - 04:08 AM

Does anyone know how to change the colors of the minimap for the files in minimap.rpf, all of them are YDD files.

ProdigyHD
  • ProdigyHD

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:11 AM

You are heading towards what LODS do, You might want to edit all the lod level files, tho i dont know if they are able to be opened at all, even less be edited

Where can I find these 'lod' files?

3Doomer
  • 3Doomer

GIMS developer

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:50 AM

Does anyone know how to change the colors of the minimap for the files in minimap.rpf, all of them are YDD files.

As soon as there'll be odr/odd export in GIMS, you'll be able to do that in 3D MAX.
For now, you can change them in notepad. Colors look like "R G B A" components in Vertices section of the .mesh file.
For an example, " / 128 128 128 255 / ".

Klamath
  • Klamath

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:46 PM Edited by Klamath, 16 May 2016 - 02:49 PM.

I have a problem with a model I imported to 3DSMax using GIMS.  When I open the material/map browser through edit uvws, no scene materials are listed, but when I open it through the material editor they are.  I've Googled the problem, and asked on a forum, and still can't figure out what is going on.  Could this be an issue with GIMS?

3Doomer
  • 3Doomer

GIMS developer

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2016 - 03:43 PM

I have a problem with a model I imported to 3DSMax using GIMS.  When I open the material/map browser through edit uvws, no scene materials are listed, but when I open it through the material editor they are.  I've Googled the problem, and asked on a forum, and still can't figure out what is going on.  Could this be an issue with GIMS?

It could be a well known issue in edit UVW modifier. What MAX version?

Klamath
  • Klamath

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 May 2016 - 04:44 PM

It could be a well known issue in edit UVW modifier. What MAX version?

2014 x64

droidrzrlover
  • droidrzrlover

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:28 PM

As soon as there'll be odr/odd export in GIMS, you'll be able to do that in 3D MAX.
For now, you can change them in notepad. Colors look like "R G B A" components in Vertices section of the .mesh file.
For an example, " / 128 128 128 255 / ".

OK, I guess I will be busy trying to figure out what ID is used by what.

droidrzrlover
  • droidrzrlover

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2016 - 11:00 PM

https://drive.google...Q1kzSHpiaFRrT0k

Progress so far, thanks to 3Doomer

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users