Photo

"GTA Today" contact mission discussion thread

28 replies to this topic
darkgreenmeme
  • darkgreenmeme

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:51 AM Edited by darkgreenmeme, 20 February 2016 - 05:17 AM.

Simeon Contact Mission

"Quick, quick, I need your help. These idiots emailed me a list of cars, and where they're parked. It's the mother lode! Top drawer premium stuff! Get them all before they figure out what happened, and I'll pay you a fraction of what they're worth. The boat will be leaving soon so hurry!"

2-4 players

Objective: steal 4 specific cars for Simeon

[GTA Wiki]

Feel free to discuss your favorite methods and techniques for playing this mission, and disseminate any information about how the mission might change between updates.

darkgreenmeme
  • darkgreenmeme

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:01 AM Edited by darkgreenmeme, 01 January 2016 - 12:14 PM.

This one really aggravating with noobs, when they can't even deliver the Super Diamond before I have the Stinger GT and Turismo R at the dropoff.

PondNewt
  • PondNewt

Thug

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:20 AM

Can be quite a difficult mission I find especially if playing with people that perhaps don't have much experience.  One of the cars (think it might be the Super Diamond) can be a little tricky to get to I find as it is kind of walled off in a private garden. This is one of the missions that I play the least so I usually forget how to get into the garden and maybe waste 30 seconds or so trying to work out how to get to it.    

dewtech
  • dewtech

Tied down with battleship chains

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:29 AM Edited by dewtech_2008, 01 January 2016 - 11:30 AM.

Very difficult with randoms but one of my favorite missions with crew mates, feels like proper GTA to me and if you turn the radio off, the in game score is as funky as hell.

Quick guide if playing with 4 players

- Split into 2 teams, a bike each, if playing with high and low levels, try to put one of each on each team

- Team 1 go for Super diamond near golf course, expect resistance

- Team 2 go for Cheetah near Vanilla Unicorn, no resistance but car is penned in.

- Team 2 should get to docks first, so they jump on a bike and head to the ammu-nation in vinewood hills BEFORE team 1 get back.

- As soon as T1 return, the second two cars spawn, the team at ammu-nation are just round the corner from the Stinger GT

- T1 then go to the Turismo R in the projects, lot of resistance.

Get both cars back in time left,

profit.

As I said, I love this mission when playing with a competent crew. I have done it with just 1 other person as well but you need to communicate for that to work.

darkgreenmeme
  • darkgreenmeme

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2016 - 12:24 PM

Can be quite a difficult mission I find especially if playing with people that perhaps don't have much experience.  One of the cars (think it might be the Super Diamond) can be a little tricky to get to I find as it is kind of walled off in a private garden. This is one of the missions that I play the least so I usually forget how to get into the garden and maybe waste 30 seconds or so trying to work out how to get to it.

Just remember the SE side. You can hop the wall from the west side to save a little time.

darkgreenmeme
  • darkgreenmeme

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2016 - 12:32 PM

Anyone do this one in the snow?

dewtech
  • dewtech

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 January 2016 - 12:59 PM

I did last year - was good apart from the fact I couldn't get the stinger to move forward on the hill :lol:

srps-ryan2010
  • srps-ryan2010

Scottish and proud

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 01 January 2016 - 01:25 PM

Not done this mission yet what level does it unlock at ? I'm currently level 112

dewtech
  • dewtech

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 January 2016 - 01:30 PM

Think it's 70 - It's a Simeon mission

Modojo
  • Modojo

DVA 1 Bad Guys 0

• Members
  • United-States
  • GTAF Snapmatic Logo Winner

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:05 PM

Is this the mission where you had to collect a car that was parked in the middle with a bunch of cars? Lol I felt that was the hardest part of the job.
  • Danjam89b likes this

Marky marks
  • Marky marks

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:38 PM

This mission was a struggle

555-We-Tip
  • 555-We-Tip

He's got half of Mexico in here!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2016 - 05:38 PM

Is this the mission where you had to collect a car that was parked in the middle with a bunch of cars? Lol I felt that was the hardest part of the job.

Yep, that's the one. The Cheetah is parked square in the middle. I usually take it and then blow up the rest of the cars there.

• Rocket Skates likes this

darkgreenmeme
  • darkgreenmeme

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:01 AM

A couple of tips for this one:

The last 2 cars can be stolen and moved to the dropoff before the first 2 have been delivered. You just need to know where they are before they are marked on the map.

Taking the railroad bridge to Elysian Island instead of the road bridge will shave precious seconds off of delivery time. Same thing when leaving and going for the next 2 cars.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:02 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 06 January 2016 - 08:03 PM.

Not going to lie, this ranks as my most-hated mission in GTA Online. IMO very aggravating and a big waste of time (similar to Time Trials)...but to each their own.

• Escobeatz likes this

dewtech
  • dewtech

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:04 PM

Not going to lie, this ranks as my most-hated mission in GTA Online. IMO very aggravating and a big waste of time (similar to Time Trials)...but to each their own.

If you've not played it with a competent team then it is horrid, good people and it's a great mission imo

darkgreenmeme
  • darkgreenmeme

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:13 PM

It's one of those that requires some driving skills in traffic to beat the timer. It's probably why I like it.

Mattoropael
  • Mattoropael

Proud Killer of Rate The Car Above You

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:19 PM

I always make it to the docks with the Stinger GT before the morons are done with even the Cheetah. Most of the time I get the Turismo R as well and the noobs still can't get in the Super Diamond.

Doing this with randumbs is always a colossal waste of time.

JuZ 75
  • JuZ 75

Salad Dodger

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 January 2016 - 03:17 PM

Playing with my crew mates we can get this done with 3 minutes to spare, I've never passed it with random though.

Arachne
  • Arachne

It's me.

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 08 January 2016 - 03:20 PM

Possibly the only mission in GTAO that is actually challenging and unique.

• Pedinhuh likes this

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2016 - 03:20 PM

Ah the mission I have only completed once! LOL.

darkgreenmeme
  • darkgreenmeme

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 February 2016 - 05:15 AM

Played this twice today, both times with a crewmate.  With two players the timer can be kind of tough to beat, but I discovered an easy time shortcut:  When going for the one at the Vagos apartment building, it really isn't necessary to gun down all the Vagos.  With full health and armor, I simply ran up to the car, ducked, and took off without killing a single Vagos and had the third and fourth cars ready to be delivered before my other player would bring the second one in.

darkgreenmeme
  • darkgreenmeme

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2016 - 10:59 PM

I already mentioned this method before, but this is video of a play-through where I get the last two cars before they are marked on the map.  If you have a strong player that can get the first two and beat the timer, then you should be able to do this mission without always failing.  Not a perfect run though, took a wrong turn on Elysian Island after getting the first car.

anarquista_duval
  • anarquista_duval

Player Hater

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:35 AM

I usually play this with 4 players (crewmates), splitted in two teams.

Each team go get one car. After obtain it, only one will deliver it, the other one go position near where the next two cars spawn.

I always get the Stinger (my fave), which spawns around in Vinewood with a couple of cops guarding it. Just kill them and run for delivery!

Schroebedroeber
  • Schroebedroeber

Playa

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:29 AM

Did this one withone random player yesterday.
Never done it with only 2 players.
I went for the superdiamond, we arrived at the docks together.
Then he started killing for the turismo and i picked up the stinger.
Went to help him on the way back, but he just killed the last guy when i arrived.
I think we had 1,5min left when we finished :)

Foppezão
  • Foppezão

Playa

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:43 AM Edited by Foppezão, 26 July 2016 - 09:43 AM.

Hehe, the first time i played this mission i thought it was a good idea to blow up the fench with a sticky, made a nice chainreaction :p

Escobeatz
  • Escobeatz

Player Hater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:20 AM Edited by Escobeatz, 22 February 2017 - 05:24 AM.

This mission is especially tough with only 2 people even if you know where the other two cars spawn. Its a bit more forgiving if you have 3 or 4 players though. As a whole the mission isn't all that challenging, not like Docks to Stocks in my opinion anyway. I do like the mission because it's little bit different however not the biggest fan of time-limit missions personally.

I feel this is one of those missions that requires 3+ players

aaronBLUEeyes
  • aaronBLUEeyes

Sovereign for the GUILD of CALAMIT0US INTENT

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:35 PM

It's my fav Simeon Mission, I always try to run it with 4 players.

My strategy is:

- I solo my 2 vehicles, first go for pink Cheetah

- Other 3 players go after Super Diamond, they roll 3 deep because of security at mansion

- Then I go for Stinger GT and know ahead of time where it spawns

- Have others use way point to Baller, again rolling deep because of gang shoot-out

- Then they deliver and wait while I bring home the Stinger Gt

It works almost every time.

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 March 2017 - 03:27 PM

It's my fav Simeon Mission, I always try to run it with 4 players.

My strategy is:

- I solo my 2 vehicles, first go for pink Cheetah

- Other 3 players go after Super Diamond, they roll 3 deep because of security at mansion

- Then I go for Stinger GT and know ahead of time where it spawns

- Have others use way point to Baller, again rolling deep because of gang shoot-out

- Then they deliver and wait while I bring home the Stinger Gt

It works almost every time.

Good method but you can also be sneaky with the second two cars if you have four playes as all four cars spawn immediately at the start of the mission.

My normal strategy is that I go after Super Diamond, player 2 goes for the Stinger GT at the Vinewood Cinema, Player 3 goes for the Cheetah

and Player 4 the Turismo R.

This way all four cars can be obtained at the same time and delivered almost all together if a good team and avoids the issue of failing due to out of time.

FlacidJack
  • FlacidJack

Gangsta

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 March 2017 - 06:00 PM

Just came to read and show appreciation for this classic mission ...and especially the music in this mission! Almost forgot how good this song is for a fast GTA time limited mission (even though I normally hate time limits too).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users