Quantcast

» «
Photo

One of the Territory Glitches works on the PS4 version - confirmed 

12 replies to this topic
Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2015 - 12:36 AM Edited by Official General, 28 December 2015 - 04:35 AM.

Firstly, I hope you all had a good Christmas.

There was some debate and uncertainty about whether the territory glitches for SA from the original PS2 game would still work on the PS4 HD remaster game. Well....

Now, just to let you all know, one works. It's the satchel charge territory glitch that unlocks more gang territories in Los Santos and rest of the whole San Andreas map and it does actually work on the PS4 version of the game. I tried and tested it just now and it worked. Grove Street Families gang members spawned in a non-gang territory after I tried it, and that same territory gained a light green shade on the map - this shows it proved successful.

The going out to sea for hours territory glitch does not work for the PS4, as I tried it a few times.

Just a question for those who might know - if I use the satchel charge glitch to create new gang territories in San Fierro or Las Venturas, how the hell can I get to there and back to my hood fast enough if my hood gets attacked in LS without me failing to protect it, thus not completing the glitch ?
  • Vanzant and Errbahdy like this

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:29 AM Edited by OrionSR, 28 December 2015 - 03:30 AM.

If the satchel trick works, then you should be able to take advantage of some of the other "3rd kill" exploits. Have you read Jack Reacher's Ultimate Territory Glitch FAQ? It's a great summary of our research in ric-013'a Master Mind's Territory Glitch topic. There's a ton of great gang war info in the latter topic, but you need to wade through a lot of false leads and misconceptions early in the topic.

If you are in the middle of performing the glitch then a gang attack is active so you shouldn't need to worry about other attacks. There are a lot of tricks for managing the next attack timer, R2 missions, interiors, and aircraft, come to mind - it's been a while so I'm fuzzy on the details, sorry. The next attack timer ticks much more slowly when CJ is not in LS, and CJ gets more time to get to the zone the farther he is from the the zone under attack. You can always cancel the gang war without ill effect by toggling an R2 mission or saving as long as CJ doesn't get close enough to trigger the attack and spawn gang targets.

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:29 AM Edited by Official General, 28 December 2015 - 01:22 PM.

If the satchel trick works, then you should be able to take advantage of some of the other "3rd kill" exploits. Have you read Jack Reacher's Ultimate Territory Glitch FAQ? It's a great summary of our research in ric-013'a Master Mind's Territory Glitch topic. There's a ton of great gang war info in the latter topic, but you need to wade through a lot of false leads and misconceptions early in the topic.

If you are in the middle of performing the glitch then a gang attack is active so you shouldn't need to worry about other attacks. There are a lot of tricks for managing the next attack timer, R2 missions, interiors, and aircraft, come to mind - it's been a while so I'm fuzzy on the details, sorry. The next attack timer ticks much more slowly when CJ is not in LS, and CJ gets more time to get to the zone the farther he is from the the zone under attack. You can always cancel the gang war without ill effect by toggling an R2 mission or saving as long as CJ doesn't get close enough to trigger the attack and spawn gang targets.

Sorry for the late reply, I had posted this topic just before I went to bed, it was very late at night here in the UK. The satchel charge trick indeed works on the PS4. I got green-shaded gang territory in Commerce, LS, which is not traditionally gang territory. Then I saw GSF guys spawning there.

Thanks I will check out those links. Does this trick give me territory in small towns too ?

And also, will lose any gang territory from the glitch after CJ leaves LS and GSF lose territory and influence in LS ?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 28 December 2015 - 04:30 PM

Variations on the satchel trick can assign turf to any available gang in any zone (except grove street, iirc), but gang members don't spawn in country or desert towns so you won't see them walking around or driving through the streets.

After the initial setup during a new game starts, the game scripts will only alter the standard gang zones of Grove, Ballas, Vagos, and Aztecas. Anything you create you can keep.

• Official General likes this

Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

Special Vehicle Collector

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 28 December 2015 - 08:53 PM

I wonder if this works on Mobile. Satchel charges dissapear after a while if you're far away. (I couldn't obtain the AP/UC Newsvan using the PC method because the Satchel Charges dissapear 100% of the time)

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 29 December 2015 - 01:03 PM

PC Method?  You mean, EVERY PLATFORM METHOD?  Lol....You put a Satchel Charge on Madd Dogg before getting into the EC BF-Injection.  You do this for every single Platform.  If it doesn't work on Mobile, then that sucks but it works everywhere else the exact same Method.

rhans
  • rhans

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2016 - 11:20 PM

For territory glitch the satchel method not necessarily requires satchels, you can either make them follow you and kill them where you want or kill with a sniper or a Rocket launcher ( not too far in this case).
  • Official General likes this

rhans
  • rhans

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:47 PM Edited by rhans, 29 April 2016 - 11:48 PM.

I have 2 questions about gang density.

1: What is the maximum density a gang can have in 1 territory? (I know the satchel charges give 10 density per time it is used, so if the maximum density is 50 for example it means I have to use it 5 times in this territory to get max density, right?)

2: What is the maximum "visible" density a gang can have? This question may seem strange but what I mean is, the higher the density the darker the territory becomes, what I am asking is what is the density needed to have the territory the darkest possible? (from my testing I think is around 40 density, or maybe there is a very small visual difference beyond that and maybe my eye can`t notice it?)

Edit: Oh sorry for double posting, only now I noticed the last message was sent by me 4 weeks ago.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 30 April 2016 - 05:52 AM Edited by OrionSR, 30 April 2016 - 05:56 AM.

It's been a long times since I've conducted gang war investigation so I'm a bit rusty. Search through the Master Mind topic linked above for more accurate details. It would be a good idea to verify some of these answer - they're close so that should narrow your investigation.

The maximum possible gang/dealer density is 255 since this value is stored as a byte. Add 10 more and the density rolls over to 9. IIRC, the maximum density that can be earned through defending a turf from attacks is 55. The standard form of the satchel trick is the same thing but applies the GSF density to another turf.

You can earn more density more quickly, and exceed the defense limit, by losing the attack. The more attackers you can leave alive the more density they get for a maximum of 18 (?) if all are left alive. Then run a gang war to add their density to yours, but be careful not to exceed 255 or you'll roll over your progress. Sound simple enough on the surface but there are a couple of details missing - like how do you make the trick work without killing any attackers, and... I'm pretty sure there must be at least a density of 1 for any gang in order for the trick to work when losing. Since the PS2v1 trick of flying off the map doesn't work for PS4 you'll need to start with a traditional satchel trick to get the turf for grove.

Are you with me so far? It would be best to reference Jack's Ultimate topic linked above for the details. Again, I'm really rusty and just trying to give you the general idea.

To make the trick work without killing any attackers you just need to kill 3 other Ballas or Vagos in quick succession - just like you would if you were starting a gang war. It's the same game mechanic, it's running almost all the time - not during gang wars obviously, probably not during missions. When CJ gets a "3rd kill" it will change the war zone, but only starts the war if conditions are right. If you are creating your first gang zone in a remote area like LV or SF you'll need to start with the satchel method and only kill 3 before losing, but then you'll have some rival gang members in a local zone which makes it easier to spread out. If you increase the GSF and rival density enough you can start getting attacks in the remote zones, again making the process more efficient.

IIRC, the alpha intensity is either light or dark. Other variations in shade are usually due to a mixed zone. I'm pretty sure someone documented this somewhere.

• rhans likes this

rhans
  • rhans

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:59 AM Edited by rhans, 30 April 2016 - 02:15 PM.

Yeah, thanks, I understand you. Since pdescobar map seems to be not available  anymore I use the wayback machine to open a older version of the plage. Usually I use Jack reachers glitch to add Ballas/Vagos to a territory, then take it over for getting faster density. However in some territories wich is problematic to start gang wars later, I don`t add Ballas/Vagos since I won`t be able to take it over, so I use "satchel" glitch multiple times ( mainly in territories like LDT8, SFBAG1, 2 and 3, SANB1, SANB2). Also, there is a variaton of Jack Reachers (found by Black 1.4 I think) that you don`t trigger the attack, you just let it happen and kill ballas/vagos in the desired place and let the message that you left it unchecked happen, this one seems to give even more density although it is less flexible to use since it won`t work in places gang member don`t spawn (like rural, desert, golf, airport_runway, rich secluded, etc.....).

http://web.archive.o...zone_mapper.png

I made a video on how to get LDT8, since this is a tricky one:

I also plan on making videos on how to get SFBAG1, 2 and 3, since many people who do the flying glitch (PS2) can`t take it over because they think territories are 2D, while in fact they are 3D (they don`t have rectangular shape, they have a box shape in reality, even thoug you can`t see that in a map). To take it over you must be at the right X, Y and Z axys, but must people don`t know about the Z axis. To be on the right Z axis CJ must be on the height of a Packer ramp to get it (or be using a jetpack, but that is harder).

SANB2 is also a pretty hard territory as you must use satchel glitch while standing on a boat, or have the attacker on Gant Bridge and use a rocket launcher from the boat to kill them, i wish to record that as well, unfortunately it will take some time until I reach SF. I plan on making tutorial videos on territory glich for all San Andreas.

In this photo you can compare the territory VERO3, in which I used Black 1.4 glitch to the VERO2 which has the default density. Even though not as felxible is a lot easier to use and much more "powerful", as all that difference was done using the glitch a single time. Also the good about this glitch is that it doesn`t matter where the attack is, since you don`t even trigger it:

https://photos.googl...KJt07Cokh0LgfcL

Here I use this glitch again:

As can be seen that territory already had ballas density (because I had used a glitch discovered by Landstalker/Jack Reacher). After using this glitch they have even more afterwards. I plan to use this territory to attack LMEX1B and LMEX1A and get rid of the Varios in those 2 territories later, after I have completed Los Desperados.

__mako
  • __mako

Proofed vehicles + Territory glitches

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 01 May 2016 - 09:00 AM

Also, there is a variaton of Jack Reachers (found by Black 1.4 I think) that you don`t trigger the attack, you just let it happen and kill ballas/vagos in the desired place and let the message that you left it unchecked happen, this one seems to give even more density although it is less flexible to use since it won`t work in places gang member don`t spawn (like rural, desert, golf, airport_runway, rich secluded, etc.....).

http://web.archive.o...zone_mapper.png

As can be seen that territory already had ballas density (because I had used a glitch discovered by Landstalker/Jack Reacher). After using this glitch they have even more afterwards. I plan to use this territory to attack LMEX1B and LMEX1A and get rid of the Varios in those 2 territories later, after I have completed Los Desperados.

Good find about the Z coordinate, I haven't seen it in any thread. The glitch with leaving territories unchecked has been found by someone on this forum (pomor?), I think. IIRC it gives you 30 density if you don't check the turf under attack, and 18 (minus 3 per gang member killed) if you check it.

How do you plan to get rid of VLA, though? I thought the only way is getting more than 255 density, because using the trick with 3rd kill in a VLA turf will add density to VLA, not Ballas/Vagos. Alternatively, you could get 20+ GSF density and hope Ballas will attack the territory, and repeat until Ballas density is higher than VLA, then take it over.

• rhans likes this

rhans
  • rhans

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2016 - 02:35 PM Edited by rhans, 01 May 2016 - 03:30 PM.

Thanks Mako,

Yeah, that is what I am planning to do, get 20 density there and let the Ballas attack (twice). I also plan to do that with the gangs in San Fierro, but that is a lot harder.

It is for that reason that I gave Unity Station to the Ballas:

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:02 AM

i'm sad to hear that the going out to sea glitch doesn't work for ps4. I guess i'll just use the recruit cheat and go after randam da nang boys on the streets of san Fierro.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users