Photo

The Gaming Chat Café

1,064 replies to this topic
Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:36 AM Edited by Am Shaegar, 18 December 2017 - 05:23 AM.

Got a notification from one of my forum inbox regarding a guy who is actually selling some sort of drugs called GodMode for gamers that boosts brain power to increase their productivity, and make them a better gamer???

Hehe..I mean, I don't think the situation has become so worse that gamers would need this kind of stuff to make them better gamer? The guy in question is Scott Miller. Sounds familiar but I don't recognize him that much. Microtransactions, and now drugs. I wonder what else is left to exploit us GAMERS?
The best, easy way to become a good gamer is to play good games that aren't too casual in nature that can be completed in a quick press of a button.

EDIT: Removed direct links to the website/video, which could perhaps be misunderstood as unauthorized advertisement.

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Daily Globe
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:33 PM

It's probably just Adderall lol, the competitive eSports scene is kinda infamous for having a surprisingly widespread issue with it.

• Am Shaegar likes this

Noale
  • Noale

OH HI MARK

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:12 PM Edited by Noale, 18 December 2017 - 10:14 PM.

In case nobody is following the MGSV thread, I'm going to ask it here. I'm only at Mission 23 so if the spoilers go beyond that, just let me know that it's all explained later.

[SPOILER ALERT FOR THE FIRST COUPLE HOURS OF METAL GEAR SOLID V]

Can anyone tell me the whole situation with Quiet and Snake? Was she not the one who attacked at the start of the game? Does Snake not recognize her when she shows back up as a sniper? Or did I miss something (a cassette perhaps) that goes into detail about it. At the moment, it just seems like Snake doesn't recognize her and has accepted her as a buddy. If it's something that gets explained later in the game, then I'll keep playing. It just bothers me at the moment.

Ai®aCob®a
  • Ai®aCob®a

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Solomon-Islands
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:20 AM

Has anybody played RIOT - Civil Unrest

If so how is it? Worth getting?

The reviews are mostly positive, But i'd like to see what ya'll have to say

• Cosmic Gypsy likes this

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Hic sunt dracones

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:11 PM

In case nobody is following the MGSV thread, I'm going to ask it here. I'm only at Mission 23 so if the spoilers go beyond that, just let me know that it's all explained later.

[spoiler ALERT FOR THE FIRST COUPLE HOURS OF METAL GEAR SOLID V]

Can anyone tell me the whole situation with Quiet and Snake? Was she not the one who attacked at the start of the game? Does Snake not recognize her when she shows back up as a sniper? Or did I miss something (a cassette perhaps) that goes into detail about it. At the moment, it just seems like Snake doesn't recognize her and has accepted her as a buddy. If it's something that gets explained later in the game, then I'll keep playing. It just bothers me at the moment.

It gets explained later, no worries.

Ai®aCob®a
  • Ai®aCob®a

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Solomon-Islands
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 20 December 2017 - 01:54 AM Edited by Ai®aCob®a, 20 December 2017 - 01:55 AM.

Spoiler

FYI instead of typing SPOILER ALERT why not use actual spoiler tags?

[spoiler] Insert Text Here [/spoiler]

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:51 PM Edited by Fireman, 20 December 2017 - 07:51 PM.

Hitman's Paris "Showstopper" level is free to download and play forever. It's a special Holiday pack which includes a lot of the extra challenges for Paris.

Just log in on Steam and download it (between 15th of December and 5th of January) and you can keep it permanently.

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:36 AM

So the latest rumours on that RE2 Remake (no idea why they still haven't got anything out on it, its been ages) - are ... Meh. Hasn't got the old camera, don't even think it has typewriters (sounds like it autosaves?), they even cut the crocodile out, and stuff like the 4th survivor/Hunk's part.

I wasn't really hyped in the first place, RE5 was the last game I bought. It's just frustrating though. If you're remaking a 20 year old game, the main target is people who liked that game. All they had to do was make something with the same spirit and feel, like when they remade the first game.

Meh.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Lifetime Achievement Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:55 AM

Anthem delayed until 2019

https://www.gamespot...-/1100-6456318/

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 25 January 2018 - 05:08 PM Edited by KilnerLUFC, 25 January 2018 - 05:12 PM.

So the latest rumours on that RE2 Remake (no idea why they still haven't got anything out on it, its been ages) - are ... Meh. Hasn't got the old camera, don't even think it has typewriters (sounds like it autosaves?), they even cut the crocodile out, and stuff like the 4th survivor/Hunk's part.

I wasn't really hyped in the first place, RE5 was the last game I bought. It's just frustrating though. If you're remaking a 20 year old game, the main target is people who liked that game. All they had to do was make something with the same spirit and feel, like when they remade the first game.

Meh.

Eh, but the whole typewriter situation was what added to the whole horror-survival aspect of the game. Everytime you went somewhere new, you wanted to know where the first typewriter was for that feeling of safety. In a world full of auto-saving, the old style of having to find somewhere to save a game was what added to the tension - It's why I liked Dead Space too, everywhere you ventured, you always wanted to know the route to a save system. And by what you say, if they decide to change the camera to an over-the-shoulder one, then you've basically just took everything away from the original game...pointless if you ask me.

Mad to think I first played RE2 20 years ago. The 10 year old me getting grossed out by walking past a zombie, and seeing some guy curled up at a table with a fork stuck in his back. Barely played the game since then, but yet that image has always stuck in my mind. I really need to get through my RE collecton at some point...Remember that I used to like Code Veronica X, and got quite some way through it when I had it back in the day.

GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

Benefactor Panto should've been called Vollthrottel

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 25 January 2018 - 05:34 PM

I've been wondering this for quite some time and i just can't help myself but to ask: Would it be absurd and/or weird if the father owns a supercar irl but his son plays NFS Underground? And what if the father owns a Rolls-Royce?

• bantonson15 likes this

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2018 - 05:01 PM

Riot: Civil Unrest, anyone played it? What's it like? Worth £10?

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 01 February 2018 - 12:13 PM

https://www.theverge...-game-announced

Finally Nintendo realizes nobody wants to buy portables anymore, jumping on the smartphone wagon.

• Cosmic Gypsy likes this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

That's a pretty weird and disgusting idea big guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:33 PM

Finally Nintendo realizes nobody wants to buy portables anymore, jumping on the smartphone wagon.

The Nintendo Switch has been doing really well.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:21 AM

bout time, now maybe i'll be able to play Pokemon Fired Red or Leaf Green on Android with trading/battling capabilities.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:45 AM

The Nintendo Switch has been doing really well.

It is but it's not their go-to handheld. The DS is and not sure how well it did with their recent release but glad to see they're bringing some games to mobile.

Tokasmoka
  • Tokasmoka

Street Cat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:27 PM

One thing I noticed on this forum is for all the games that appear on page one I've never seen a WoW thread.  Guess that game died, good.  Effin pandas.

Noale
  • Noale

OH HI MARK

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 04 February 2018 - 05:21 AM

It's probably still one of the busiest if not busiest MMOs isn't it? People have been moving away from MMOs for a while now so it's decline isn't surprising.

Static
  • Static

Wrist On My Watch

• Super Sleuth Deadass
  • None
  • Super Sleuth Deadass 2018
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:24 PM

It's anything but dead or dying tbh. I mean Battle for Azeroth is slated for this Sept and Classic will probably drop sometime next year. 

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:48 PM Edited by GTA3Rockstar, 06 February 2018 - 05:55 PM.

One thing I noticed on this forum is for all the games that appear on page one I've never seen a WoW thread.  Guess that game died, good.  Effin pandas.

It comes and goes with each expansion lol

http://gtaforums.com...ld-of-warcraft/ old one

http://gtaforums.com...ld-of-warcraft/ newer one

But a dedicated forum is your true source, MMO Champ or something

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:44 PM

This one is so good if you've ever seen pannenkoek's Rolling Rocks video;

Jon Jon
  • Jon Jon

Iddy Biddy Tiddy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:45 PM

Is it normal that I don't have much interest in getting a PS4? I have been talking about getting a PS4 for several years here but I never can bring myself to getting one. I don't know. My heart has been going towards getting back into PC gaming instead of a current gen console. I guess since I am not rich nor do I have as much of a financial breathing room as I wish I had, getting a decent PC seems to be a better buy for me.
  • Audi likes this

Audi
  • Audi

AИТRАХ

• The Yakuza
  • Switzerland
  • Most Improved Member 2017
    Best Turbo Quattro 2017

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:56 AM

Is it normal that I don't have much interest in getting a PS4? I have been talking about getting a PS4 for several years here but I never can bring myself to getting one. I don't know. My heart has been going towards getting back into PC gaming instead of a current gen console. I guess since I am not rich nor do I have as much of a financial breathing room as I wish I had, getting a decent PC seems to be a better buy for me.

Sounds like a good idea tbh. PC is a lot better, don't even use my PS4 apart from a couple games I don't feel like re-buying on PC.

• Jon Jon likes this

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:58 AM

With RAM prices so high and the GPU shortage, with prices above MSRP makes it a bad time to get on PC gaming. at least not for a decent price
  • Audi and Jon Jon like this

Audi
  • Audi

AИТRАХ

• The Yakuza
  • Switzerland
  • Most Improved Member 2017
    Best Turbo Quattro 2017

Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:38 AM

With RAM prices so high and the GPU shortage, with prices above MSRP makes it a bad time to get on PC gaming. at least not for a decent price

This is true.

You could always buy up the parts that aren't overpriced atm, and then get the rest when it comes down again. GPU and RAM are really the only inflated things right now.

• Jon Jon likes this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
  • Mister Los Santos 2017 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2017] Best Funny Snap
    Best Event 2017
    Best New GTA Member 2017
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:25 PM

Fallout New Vegas didn't recive a discount in Steam.
feelsbadman

Jon Jon
  • Jon Jon

Iddy Biddy Tiddy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:15 PM

Spoiler
I'll take that into consideration when I have the funds to start buying what I need to get me a good PC. Thank you for informing me of this!
  • Audi likes this

GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

Benefactor Panto should've been called Vollthrottel

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:38 PM

Are Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2 still played online nowadays?

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
  • Mister Los Santos 2017 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2017] Best Funny Snap
    Best Event 2017
    Best New GTA Member 2017
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:49 PM Edited by Sanches, 21 February 2018 - 05:51 PM.

Who could expect a hell of a toxic guy to be a very cooperative.
A toxic guy helped me with an achievement in BF4. Didn't expected that, judging by his chat messages.
"AA c*nt" "Get ready, fags" "stop camping, inbreed f*ck"

Noale
  • Noale

OH HI MARK

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 25 February 2018 - 08:10 PM

Does anyone else remember a fighting game called Thrill Kill? It was an unreleased game for the PS1 but the bootleg copies were everywhere.  :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users