The Gaming Chat Café

982 replies to this topic
fashion
  • fashion

f*ck you microtransactions

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 2 weeks ago

Assassins Creed Origins or Middle Earth Shadow of War? Can't decide weather i want to start my own army and have mad beefs with orcs or explore ancient Egypt and sh*t..

Can't go wrong with either.

Shadow of War is a great sequel. You'll feel right at home when you played the first game. It doesn't do anything outside the box, it simply adds a lot of new stuff to the original formula. They took the Nemesis system to the next level. You'll meet countless new orc personalities and forging your own army has never been so fun before.

Origins is a reboot of the franchise, many things are new to the series and a few things are scrapped. Egypt takes the cake here, it is beautiful, huge and diverse. If you want to explore a new RPG world, follow the best AC storyline since Ezio (if not better) and are curious about the combat system, this game is worth playing. It feels like a new RPG world like Skyrim or Fallout, where you can spend hours and hours exploring, something an AC game never made me feel before.

It's a tough one. I'm playing through both games but if I had to choose one, it would be AC Origins. Shadow of War can be a grind sometimes and the maps aren't impressive enough. It's still a great game and I simply prefer Origins out of personal taste.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 2 weeks ago

It feels like a new RPG world like Skyrim or Fallout, where you can spend hours and hours exploring, something an AC game never made me feel before.

Really? That's pretty encouraging. I kind of wasn't bothered with AC in general although you might have read my other posts on the game. I do own a few AC's but couldn't get really immersed in the worlds. It's a series I want to like but find it hard to like. But from what you said, maybe I'll give it a go in the future. 

• Am Shaegar likes this

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by fashion, 2 weeks ago.

Yes, I was sceptical once I saw that you can't exit the first area of the map but after you finish the intro missions, there's a tiny time jump and the complete map opens up, almost literally asking you to be discovered.

If feels different than previous AC games. Even in the fan favorite Black Flag, everything you did in the open was completing a huge checklist and there wasn't really much to see. I always thought that the maps in AC are wasted potential. In the 20+ hours, you already saw everything the city has to offer and besides collecting stuff, there was completely no reason to go out and explore. You already saw everything the map has to offer by doing missions. AC games never felt like exploring games, just your usual checklist open world.

Origins however feels completely different. There's so much to see in this game and other than towers, there are no collectibles here. I don't go out into the wild or explore the city to find something or do an objective. I go out to immerse myself in the world and admire the beauty of the different locations. There are also notes to read, Witcher 3-like situations where you discover a gruesome fate of a dead person ect ect ect. It feels fluid and alive. You even get hallucinations if you stay in the desert for too long.

It's an open world game done right. I'm at 18 hours and barely touched the story. In previous games, I was almost done with the game after 18 hours. Check out the AC topic, we've been discussing the game a lot.
  • Mister Pink and Am Shaegar like this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 2 weeks ago

Origins might be the best AC game since Black Flag was which was the best AC since 1 and 2.

I haven't played Shadow of War yet but AC:O has been simply awesome so far.

I'll assume that Origins is the better game, anyhow.

nothing wrong with Shadow of War but it's scope is relatively limited. it's just more Middle Earth and orcs. AC:O carries the weight of history and does an amazing job of recreating the atmosphere and culture of ancient Egypt.

• Mister Pink likes this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Yes, I was sceptical once I saw that you can't exit the first area of the map but after you finish the intro missions, there's a tiny time jump and the complete map opens up, almost literally asking you to be discovered.

If feels different than previous AC games. Even in the fan favorite Black Flag, everything you did in the open was completing a huge checklist and there wasn't really much to see. I always thought that the maps in AC are wasted potential. In the 20+ hours, you already saw everything the city has to offer and besides collecting stuff, there was completely no reason to go out and explore. You already saw everything the map has to offer by doing missions. AC games never felt like exploring games, just your usual checklist open world.

Origins however feels completely different. There's so much to see in this game and other than towers, there are no collectibles here. I don't go out into the wild or explore the city to find something or do an objective. I go out to immerse myself in the world and admire the beauty of the different locations. There are also notes to read, Witcher 3-like situations where you discover a gruesome fate of a dead person ect ect ect. It feels fluid and alive. You even get hallucinations if you stay in the desert for too long.

It's an open world game done right. I'm at 18 hours and barely touched the story. In previous games, I was almost done with the game after 18 hours. Check out the AC topic, we've been discussing the game a lot.

That checklisteyness is kinda what has been turning me off from AC games. So I'm glad if that's actually changed, I might consider buying Origins at some point. Right now I'm still playing Wolfenstein II which is f*cking stellar imo.

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Origins however feels completely different. There's so much to see in this game and other than towers, there are no collectibles here.

I had to actually rub my eyes to believe what I am reading. your post has compelled me to try this game out. I haven't touched any AC game pretty much for the same reasons as you rightly pointed out. I'll have to go through the reviews. If there are no collectibles and the game has taken a different approach, then I'll certainly buy this game for PC, for sure.

• Mister Pink likes this

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Turns out i had to buy Origins for my mums early birthday present anyway. So i'll end up with both Assassins Creed and Mordor.

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by fashion, 2 weeks ago.

Origins however feels completely different. There's so much to see in this game and other than towers, there are no collectibles here.

I had to actually rub my eyes to believe what I am reading. your post has compelled me to try this game out. I haven't touched any AC game pretty much for the same reasons as you rightly pointed out. I'll have to go through the reviews. If there are no collectibles and the game has taken a different approach, then I'll certainly buy this game for PC, for sure.
Definetly no collectibles in the classical AC fashion with the exception of towers. Never had a problem with those and in this game I climb anything with a good view so..

There's a side quest you need to go to 12 different unmarked places but it doesn't count as collectible. Each location has some background info and it's a well done activity but I won't spoil anything.

There are outposts with respawnable enemies. To "clear" an outpost, you have to kill a leader and collect 1-3 easy to find loot chests. Never had a feeling this is a chore or a collectible though.

Your map definetly won't be filled with pointless, uninteresting sh*t like with every previous AC game to date.
  • Am Shaegar likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 2 weeks ago

there's no collectibles in Origins.

not the way there has been in previous AC games.

there are still outposts with their own objectives.

there are still viewpoint towers to synchronize.

there are statues of the Pharaoh that need to be destroyed when you find them.

that's it. at least so far.

there are treasure chests and other things to find but they're NOT listed on the map with their own special icon and they don't count towards any collection.

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Told Y'all That Liberty City DLC Would Never Happen... -_-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Somebody hold me..

http://www.pushsquar...pen_world_games

What the f*ck? 15 thousand f*cking dollars on Mass Effect multiplayer cards?

Thanks to these dumbasses this industry is heading where it's heading. I know it's just video games but reading this article makes my blood boil.

How can you possibly throw so much cash at HORDE MODE?

Have fun with Battlefront 2 and Anthem everyone.

I've got a friend that's dropped 4 grand on Shark cards. He's literally maxed out a credit card and is paying fees and interest... For cash cards.
  • Rafae likes this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago

Somebody hold me..

http://www.pushsquar...pen_world_games

What the f*ck? 15 thousand f*cking dollars on Mass Effect multiplayer cards?

Thanks to these dumbasses this industry is heading where it's heading. I know it's just video games but reading this article makes my blood boil.

How can you possibly throw so much cash at HORDE MODE?

Have fun with Battlefront 2 and Anthem everyone.

I've got a friend that's dropped 4 grand on Shark cards. He's literally maxed out a credit card and is paying fees and interest... For cash cards.

Slap your friend across his face for me, please!

He is the reason why updates are "free" but also the reason why we have sh*t like the Opressor.

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted A week ago

I'm too scared to bump the cyberpunk topic again and give people false hopes of some actual news so I'm just gonna leave this here:
https://www.resetera...ure-games.4889/

The interesting bit: they're happy with cyberpunk so far but they're a bit too anxious to show it to the world.
  • Thugazi likes this

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted A week ago

https://kotaku.com/s...pawn-1820131071

R.I.P Respawn?

• fashion likes this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I honestly thought they were already owned by them.

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted A week ago Edited by fashion, A week ago.

https://kotaku.com/s...pawn-1820131071

R.I.P Respawn?

Next up:
- Titanfall 3 is swarmed with lootboxes
- Ghost Games is closed by EA because Payback's failure
- Bioware's Anthem makes billions in micros; Mass Effect canceled
- DICE develops Sims 5 online only in Frostbite
  • Mister Pink and KilnerLUFC like this

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted A week ago

I honestly thought they were already owned by them.

I believe EA just funded Respawn, and published their titles, though I'm no expert so could be wrong. This means now though that Respawn actually belongs to EA.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted A week ago Edited by Mister Pink, A week ago.

I bought Quantum Break in the XBL sale. I thought I would give it a go because I remember a few members on here that I like giving it praise. Also Lance Reddick and Aiden Gillen. Just couldn't resist seeing those two on screen, especially as I'm always banging on about my love for The Wire. 

Haven't had a chance to play it yet though. Will try tomorrow. Need a new headset too. 

Craigsters
  • Craigsters

no, I haven't been up all night on my PC

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 5 days ago Edited by Craigsters, 5 days ago.

6C7RZDb.png

My discovery queues with steam, I hit the 10,000 mark with viewing games from there store and checking not interested or and following or on my wishlist with Steam Last night.

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 2 days ago Edited by fashion, 2 days ago.

This actually looks better than I expected. I thought all you could do is teleport around, but you can set the controlls to dynamic and move like in the normal game.

Maybe I'll give VR a go in a few years.

This trailer though :D fus ro dah a f*cking dragon.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 days ago Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 2 days ago.

This actually looks better than I expected. I thought all you could do is teleport around, but you can set the controlls to dynamic and move like in the normal game.

Maybe I'll give VR a go in a few years.

This trailer though :D fus ro dah a f*cking dragon.

the teleporting isnt that bad as some people made it look like, ive played a few hours on robo recall and its not that bad after a few hours. ill probably pick this up on release now that i have seen the dynamic movement :)

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Richard Power Colt, 2 days ago.

I'll play it when it comes to the Vive. Probably gonna be a stealth archer. Not just because it's overpowered, but because melee combat generally isn't that fun in most VR games due to a lack of proper feedback and I've enjoyed using a bow and arrow in other games. Gorn might be the only game I know that does melee combat well.

edit: Also can't wait to play with titty mods in VR.

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 hours ago

Happy 16th Birthday to the Gamecube.
Wikipedia_GAMECUBE_PAL.jpg

Here's a Gamecube cake to celebrate.
Gamecube+006.jpg

I have a Gamecube, always thought it was a nifty little console with some great exclusive titles.
  • Gold-NBayse likes this

Gold-NBayse
  • Gold-NBayse

Busta till the end

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 5 hours ago

Happy 16th Birthday to the Gamecube.

<snip>

Here's a Gamecube cake to celebrate.

<snip>

I have a Gamecube, always thought it was a nifty little console with some great exclusive titles.

Didn't know it's anniversary was today lol. I always liked the GameCube, I never owned one until 2014. I haven't used it alot this year though cause I've already played through most of the games that I have.

• Neon_Dreaming likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 1 anonymous users