Photo

The Gaming Chat Café

988 replies to this topic
Shaytan
  • Shaytan

"It can't be that difficult"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:17 AM Edited by Shaytan, 06 September 2017 - 10:18 AM.

One of the worst things of playing on PC is that if you're out for 3-4 weeks, once you boot it up you'll have to wait an hour or so become everything got updates... everything. The OS, the game service platforms (Steam and such), the games, the graphics driver, all your random software... Sure, on a console you do have updates as well but the flip of the "a computer does much more than playing games" coin is that it has a lot more software to get updated as well. :p

Dealux
  • Dealux

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 09 September 2017 - 06:46 PM

This kinda looks like what Doom 2016 should have been.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:20 PM

Scorn looks great, but I'm not sure why you feel Doom should be a slow paced horror game like that. 

Dealux
  • Dealux

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:53 PM

I'm mostly talking about aesthetics\art style and atmosphere. It looks better than Doom from that perspective. I hope it doesn't rely heavily on puzzles or something. I hate puzzle games generally.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:02 PM

It's a rainy day and I'm a bit sick. I'm going to try play something for next few hours. Might put on Skyrim. :)

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:12 PM

In terms of just visuals and atmosphere this looks great:

The gameplay is an interesting idea too, but I wonder if it lives up to its promise.

fashion
  • fashion

f*ck you microtransactions

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:08 PM

Pretty accurate.
  • Mister Pink and HaRdSTyLe_83 like this

Emo_Amz
  • Emo_Amz

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:09 AM

One of the worst things of playing on PC is that if you're out for 3-4 weeks, once you boot it up you'll have to wait an hour or so become everything got updates... everything. The OS, the game service platforms (Steam and such), the games, the graphics driver, all your random software... Sure, on a console you do have updates as well but the flip of the "a computer does much more than playing games" coin is that it has a lot more software to get updated as well. :p

This is a bug of mine's in truth.  I rarely get time to play anything and I often find whenever I do get 30 minutes free, I spend 15 minutes updating, 5 minutes choosing and then 5 minutes booting and 5 minutes in game.  I do always think if I had a console this would be a lesser pain, however it would mean potentially 25 minutes of burning my retina with sub par graphics.

Can't win!

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:05 PM

This sh*t cracked me up:

Video game elitism is so silly.

• Mister Pink and Static like this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:57 PM

This sh*t cracked me up:

~snip

Video game elitism is so silly.

Poor BioWare, getting dragged through the mud by the person who made those comments.  :lol:

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:15 PM

I've recently finished Tomb Raider 2013 and I've noticed a trend in gaming. Why is it that games that have post-story gameplay tend to lock away the "finale area" of the game. The endgame area gets cut off from the player for... reasons. I wouldn't mind exploring the areas where the final battle would take place.

• KilnerLUFC likes this

Professional Amateur
  • Professional Amateur

Pyro Maniac

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:05 AM

I can't believe it's been 10 years since the release of Halo 3. Man, what a fantastic game that was. 

• V4S, RedDagger, fashion and 2 others like this

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:04 AM

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/esrb-rates-grand-theft-auto-liberty-city-stories-vice-city-stories-max-payne-2-midnight-club-3-ps4 

Max Payne 2, VCS, LCS and Midnight Club 3 coming to current gen consoles?

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:23 PM

Great news. PS4 players have been lucky with Rockstar's back-catelogue. It could also be for Xbox backwards compatible for Xbox original titles. I hope so because I actually picked up Max Payne 2 on for the original Xbox. I've also got the Vice City GTA III double-pack if that ever makes it on the BC list. 

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:30 PM

http://www.newsweek.com/nazi-video-game-wolfenstein-angers-nazis-make-america-nazi-free-again-slogan-679530 

Oh my god, what even is 2017 anymore

• Richard Power Colt likes this

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:51 AM Edited by fashion, 07 October 2017 - 07:14 AM.

The whole wolfenstein fiasco is completely ridiculous. It's actually quite amusing there's a group of sensitive, TRIGGERED nazis out there :D

Bethesda's response:
http://www.pcgamer.c...ein-represents/

I'm gonna wait for sale before buying. Bethesda games get dirt cheap very quickly. Local store already sells Prey for 23 euros.
  • Mister Pink and Matrelith like this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:27 PM Edited by Richard Power Colt, 17 October 2017 - 09:34 PM.

Oh boy, EA just shut down Visceral studios:
https://www.ea.com/n...sLocalized=true

Also they're shifting focus with the Star Wars game they were developing to make it a "broader experience" and "an experience that players will want to come back to and enjoy for a long time to come".

Sounds like they just wanna push the whole "games are a service" micro-transaction bullsh*t with this thing.

I would gladly play a linear and focused singleplayer Star Wars game without a bunch of extra sh*t tacked on.
  • Thugazi likes this

Thugazi
  • Thugazi

chichi get the yayo

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:13 PM

I hope that means an open world experience rather than an a dull tacked on online.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:39 PM

I'm pretty fed up with open-world games, too many of them in the last few years have just been filled with a bunch of repetitive busy work. Of course if they did it right(like Witcher 3 for example) I would love a Star Wars open-world game, but I don't really have faith in EA.

Noale
  • Noale

I DID NOT HIT HER I DID NOT OH HI MARK

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:53 AM

Anyone playing ELEX?

That THQ/Nordic/Pirahna open world fantasy/scifi RPG or whatever?

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:56 AM

I was keeping my eye on ELEX but won't play it anytime soon. Shadow of Mordor and AC Origins are my games for october and november, won't buy anything full priced until at least december.

Heard it's a mixed bag but overall an improvement from the previous work. I can't stomach yet another open world rpg for now.

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:51 PM

ussu8h8lvfsz.png

EA's massacre continues.

• KilnerLUFC, RedDagger, Richard Power Colt and 2 others like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:00 PM

I was keeping my eye on ELEX but won't play it anytime soon. Shadow of Mordor and AC Origins are my games for october and november, won't buy anything full priced until at least december.

Heard it's a mixed bag but overall an improvement from the previous work. I can't stomach yet another open world rpg for now.

Same here. I'm kind of interested in it but right now I'm mostly going through some linear games right now. Been going from Fallout to Skyrim and dabbling in The Witcher again that suddenly linear shooters like Metro: Last Light and other games like FIFA became very appealing again. I'll pick ELEX up in about a year when the price drops and I'm craving a big a venture. Having said all that, completely contradicting myself, I nearly bought Dragon Age: Inquisition. It was €9.60 for deluxe edition which is damn cheap. Kind of regretting I didn't get it. 

• fashion and HaRdSTyLe_83 like this

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:26 PM

I try not to buy discounted games anymore, even if they're big titles between 5-20 bucks. Too many missteps, too many games landed in my backlog. Sniper Elite 3, Bloodborne, NFS Rivals, Evil Within, DA:I and many more are games I will probably never finish. Games I've spend a short time playing before saying meh and not really wanting to come back to them.

I admit, I bought them because of the catchy price and "it can't be too bad, these are decent games" but ended up simply not liking them.

Now the halloween discounts arrived and I already wanted to buy Dead Island and Darksiders, games I wouldn't even have the time to play and finish. I simply don't buy them and play something from my wide libary of games. It's ridiculous, just got my hands on Shadow of War and already want to buy something new "because it's cheap". Not this time.

---

About EA, here's an interesting tweet regarding the star wars game.

https://mobile.twitt...367724601192450
  • Mister Pink and HaRdSTyLe_83 like this

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:07 PM Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 19 October 2017 - 12:08 PM.

its not much, but it  can still make someone happy

Rise of the Tomb Raider - 7AV0Z-LA8LN-QN6Y6

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the year edition - M2NJM-CIWIQ-5FWVD  

• Mister Pink, RedDagger, Richard Power Colt and 1 other like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:00 PM

I try not to buy discounted games anymore, even if they're big titles between 5-20 bucks. Too many missteps, too many games landed in my backlog. Sniper Elite 3, Bloodborne, NFS Rivals, Evil Within, DA:I and many more are games I will probably never finish. Games I've spend a short time playing before saying meh and not really wanting to come back to them.

I admit, I bought them because of the catchy price and "it can't be too bad, these are decent games" but ended up simply not liking them.

Now the halloween discounts arrived and I already wanted to buy Dead Island and Darksiders, games I wouldn't even have the time to play and finish. I simply don't buy them and play something from my wide libary of games. It's ridiculous, just got my hands on Shadow of War and already want to buy something new "because it's cheap". Not this time.

---

Dude, tell me about it. I'm not complaining :p It's great being an adult now and being able to afford games I want but it does lead to major backlog. I do kind of miss the days when I was super picky or when I was a kid. I would play constantly to get my monies worth. 

I did buy the DLC for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. It's one of my favourite series now so I really wanted to try that out. Then I'll go back to Fallout eventually and get around to actually finishing the story!

• fashion likes this

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 4 weeks ago

I loved Human Revolution and liked Mankind Divided. I have great memories of exploring Prague. One of the best hubworlds I've ever seen. I sold my copy after finishing it just once, big mistake. I'll probably buy both again before the 3rd game arrives.

Hated the cliffhanger though. There's good cliffhangers and bad cliffhangers and this was certainly a bad one. I rather choose the button ending from HR.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Its a bad month for the wallet.
Forza 7
Shadow of war
AC original

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 4 weeks ago

---

Dude, tell me about it. I'm not complaining :p It's great being an adult now and being able to afford games I want but it does lead to major backlog. I do kind of miss the days when I was super picky or when I was a kid. I would play constantly to get my monies worth. 

I did buy the DLC for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. It's one of my favourite series now so I really wanted to try that out. Then I'll go back to Fallout eventually and get around to actually finishing the story!

As a kid though, there was the advantage of shops that allowed you to rent games out though, so for me if I bought a game I knew I was going to like it because I'd bought it knowing I wanted to finish the game off from what I'd played during the rent period. To an extent I miss those days - having limited money so only able to purchase games you really wanted. I somewhat feel I'm a little spoilt these days, my backlog of games is insane, and some haven't even been touched since been purchased some years back, and other games are just bought just to have for my collection. Back in the day I bought one game, spent all my time on that game, then repeated with another game - Now I buy multiple games every month and just can't stick to one game at all.

Even with my Switch I'm already feeling like I have too many games so early on, and with the upcoming games, I'm buggered.

Forza 7
Shadow of war
AC original

Same for me on the Switch -

Mario

Doom 

L.A Noire

Skyrim 

Yooka-Laylee 

Payday 2

Stardew Valley 

Rime 

Xenoblade 2 

Rocket League

And that's just this year ffs...

• Mister Pink likes this

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 4 weeks ago.

Forza 7
Shadow of war
AC original

Same for me on the Switch -

Mario

Doom 

L.A Noire

Skyrim 

Yooka-Laylee 

Payday 2

Stardew Valley 

Rime 

Xenoblade 2 

Rocket League

And that's just this year ffs...

well i just mentioned the ones that i bought @ full price 100$ Forza and both shadows of war and AC @60$ so around 220$.

with humble bundles and other games bought in steam sales it would be many more.

was saving so in November i could start building a new system with the new 8700k and the maximus formula X, but i doubt we will have stock so soon, so games it is :)

• Mister Pink likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users