Photo

The Gaming Chat Café

893 replies to this topic
fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by fashion, 3 weeks ago.

I had no issues with the controls at all and technical difficulties were pretty much nonexistent as far as I remember. I've heard the PC launch was more than terrible so if you have the choice, go for the console version.

I think the PC launch even included Steam refunds because of how bad it ran. It was an unplayable crashfest. Arkham Knight is a console game ported to PC, just so you know.

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yeah, it was so bad they even took it off Steam entirely until it was patched properly. From what I've heard it runs pretty good on PC nowadays, though I know I won't be able to run it with my current setup, so I'll probably go for the console version.

TheGtaGamer1048
  • TheGtaGamer1048

Car expert

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Should i get fallout 3 or new vegas?

Shaytan
  • Shaytan

"It can't be that difficult"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 3 weeks ago

The answer you want: both are great games, but I'd vote FO3. It was developed by Bethesda, its storyline is connected to FO4, the map is really nice (although in that matter some prefer New Vegas) and the story is really, really good.

The answer you need: both are great games so, considering they sell for quite cheap these days, why not both?

Spoiler

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 3 weeks ago

New Vegas is more akin to the classic Fallouts, seeing as a part of the team that worked on the earlier Fallouts also worked on New Vegas. Meanwhile Fallout 3 is more it's own thing, as it was meant to a sort of ''soft reboot'' of the franchise. In terms of story and characters I'd go with New Vegas. In terms of exploration and discovery, Fallout 3 gets my vote. 

Both games (including all their DLC, of which New Vegas' is better in my opinion) aren't that expensive anymore these days, so if you could, you might as well get them both. If I had to choose though, I'd prefer New Vegas. 

• Grae likes this

TheGtaGamer1048
  • TheGtaGamer1048

Car expert

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Thanks ill get both :)

• Shaytan likes this

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Matrelith, 3 weeks ago.

Thanks ill get both :)

I do advise getting them for PC though, because it will allow you to use mods but the games also run a lot worse on consoles. 

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

Took me about five tries, but I beat Outlast on insane as well as obtaining the energizer achievement. No easy feat but it's finally done. I'm hoping Whistleblower's insane will be easier since it's shorter. 

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

So Origin found out that I have Mirror's Edge installed on Steam (I have it on Origin too) and it automatically downloaded music bonus CD which comes with Origin version.

TO STEAM FOLDER (steamapps\common).

Hilarious.

Shaytan
  • Shaytan

"It can't be that difficult"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 3 weeks ago

So Origin found out that I have Mirror's Edge installed on Steam (I have it on Origin too) and it automatically downloaded music bonus CD which comes with Origin version.

Hilarious.

EA offering stuff? That is definitely new.

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 3 weeks ago

I really wonder if a psychological horror game revolving around your character you are playing with showing symptoms of an illness could work as being scary.

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Hilarious.

EA offering stuff? That is definitely new.

Yeah they screwed up with that as well. Only 6 remixes to "Still Alive" in 160 kbps and each song tagged differently.

Noale
  • Noale

INKWIZYCJA

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Did anyone here play Planetside 1?

Videogames888
  • Videogames888

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but I was wondering if the PS4 required a first time update just to play games. Just asking because I don't wanna spend a bunch of money just for it not to work due to my lack of a proper WiFi Connection where I live.

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 2 weeks ago

I can't give a full answer, but some newer X360 games had updates for the console already on disc. This could be the case for PS4 too.
I didn't have my 360 connected and it played just fine.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but I was wondering if the PS4 required a first time update just to play games. Just asking because I don't wanna spend a bunch of money just for it not to work due to my lack of a proper WiFi Connection where I live.

Games usually have their minimum firmware requirement.

I remember when I got Watch Dogs 2, the game refused to play because I haven't installed the latest firmware it needed. Apparently I've had it downloaded to my PS4, but not installed yet.

I also read around that game discs may contain firmware update that they require to play. But I don't know if every game discs have this. In fact, I've never seen disc-based firmware update prompt before. So I can't confirm.

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

I'd like to see Bethesda tackle an open world crime rpg in a similar vein to the Elder Scrolls and Fallout. But this time set in a world we recognise, I think it's a cool idea, something that could potentially rival gta.

Ai®aCob®a
  • Ai®aCob®a

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 5 days ago

Look @ what i found in the $5 bin at the store....

vWxvTVg.jpg

• Mister Pink and Matrelith like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

Good ol' days when PC game only requires an install and disc check instead of having mumble jumble business with Steam first.

Those are the days when owning a game feels like actually 'owning' it.
  • Ai®aCob®a likes this

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 4 days ago

I'd like to see Bethesda tackle an open world crime rpg in a similar vein to the Elder Scrolls and Fallout. But this time set in a world we recognise, I think it's a cool idea, something that could potentially rival gta.

But how to achieve that without feeling like a copy of the other games that have done this already?

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

But how to achieve that without feeling like a copy of the other games that have done this already?
I think Gta has laid the foundations and the template of open world crime games, thus there is similarities in other crime games that came later, like Saints Row for example. I just think the features which Bethesda does well such as dialogue options, customization, and side quests among others would lend themselves well to a gta style game.

I wouldn't see it so much as a copy, more so adding their own strengths as a developer on to an already established template.
  • Mister Pink likes this

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 days ago

So Sniper Elite 3 is pretty cool.

Spoiler

• Mister Pink likes this

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 2 days ago

get both games

• Mister Pink likes this

BigJoe_1
  • BigJoe_1

I'll rustle your jimmies if you give me some sugar ;)

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted A day ago

Can anyone recommend a third party company that makes good quality power bricks for an xbox one?

I'd contact Microsoft directly and send away for an official one, but I really can't be bothered waiting 2 weeks for delivery when I could order one on Amazon and have it within the next few days.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users