The Gaming Chat Café

908 replies to this topic
Tanto
  • Tanto

E.Nigma

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:24 PM

Starting to get dangerous on 7 days to die now, the game has started spawning hordes of 100+ zombies  :*(

I checked the console command for the last spawn and it was 125 zombies, luckily it wasn't night time as they start sprinting and zombies don't have stamina lol

http://i.imgur.com/p0N2SUG.png

http://i.imgur.com/x74RmC8.png

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 07 March 2015 - 06:28 PM

I'm catching up with newer Need For Speed games and at first impression I'm a bit disappointed. I'm playing NFS Most Wanted (2012) at the moment and I can't really get into it. It's quite different compared to the original Most Wanted or to other games.

The handling is not horrible but it isn't all that fun. I guess I can move past that since the game looks really good. Well...not quite. The gameplay is different too. It's really annoying that you have to drive all over the map to start races and you can't even buy cars. You have to find them and steal them. Car customization is also quite lacking especially in the visual department. You can't even customize the color of your car. You can respray it in a similar way to GTA IV but that is a downgrade from previous NFS titles. I guess I can enjoy driving the stock version of these cars but is the game really all that fun? Not really. You have to steal cars in order to unlock races which is the game's way of forcing you to switch cars and you have to replay races with each car apparently in order to unlock individual upgrades. It's such a cheap gameplay mechanic to make you play the same sh*t over and over again it's f*cking annoying.

Maybe I can get past all of that but f*ck no. The annoyances only continue to appear. Every time you crash your car you have to watch a dumb crash animation\scene that becomes extremely repetitive after a while to the point where you just want to shut the f*cking game off. What else is there to say? Well, at first glance (even after hours of gameplay) the races are quite difficult. It doesn't help that it is very easy to stray from the path that you're supposed to take since there are no boundaries showing you where you have to go. You just have to look at the goddamn map while also paying attention to the road and avoiding crashing your car because if you don't you will effectively ruin your odds of winning the race. Cops are also generally quite annoying because they can easily f*ck you up and they are hard to escape (though sometimes they are too easy to escape).

This game is very similar to Burnout Paradise in many ways because it was made by Criterion Games after all. It doesn't feel like a Need For Speed game apart from the fact that it is a racing game. It almost feels like a generic Android\iOS racing game with good graphics. There is no story unlike in past installments and there aren't really any incentives to keep you playing. I'm genuinely surprised by the positive reviews this game received. I think that Criterion has effectively either ruined the franchise or changed it into something entirely different that kind of alienated a lot of NFS fans. From what I hear they will be heavily involved in developing future NFS games. For that reason I will probably stay away from this series. f*ck games with pretty graphics and sh*tty gameplay.

• B Dawg and Ducard like this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 March 2015 - 06:53 PM

I'll be honest, the latest one I played was the old Most Wanted. I've heard people left and right say that the newer ones just don't deliver. It's the only series I've left without trying out at least some of the new games, and your opinion certainly makes me feel like I've made the right decision.

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:24 PM

I'll definitely keep playing and try to complete it but who knows if I'll ever play it again after that. I don't mind the fact that they tried something different but they also made it a lot more annoying and stripped down some of the features unnecessarily so in my opinion.

• Th3MaN1 likes this

Ducard
  • Ducard

Spectre

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:15 PM Edited by Ducard, 08 March 2015 - 12:16 PM.

I agree, Most Wanted (2012) was a mediocre racing game. When I first got it, I was blown away. But once you got over the shiny graphics and fast cars, you'll realize there is nothing really much to offer. There actually is car customization in the game, but it's not visual car customization. Not sure why they call that "car customization" anyways, such a tease. The game just forces you to drive fast cars, crash into obstacles and whatnot. For once, I'd like to take a nice cruise in my newly modded car and listen to some nice music but you can't do that in MW 2012 or the newer NFS games in general.

One thing I'll commend Most Wanted 2012 though, is the fact that police pursuits were hugely fun. I really enjoyed them and it's one of the few things I liked about the game, graphically it's stunning, some of the music is good but it's just a mediocre racing game IMO.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 March 2015 - 02:06 PM

All that, because they wanted to showcase the Frostbite engine.

You know, in case a skyscraper falling, or a battleship erasing an island didn't convince you.

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:43 AM

On pc, can I have a Bluetooth headset just for voice chat, and my pc speakers just for gameplay audio? All I can find is all in one gaming headphones, but i don't want to play with headphones.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:10 AM

It would be simpler to just get a dedicated mic for voice chat. 

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2015 - 01:21 PM

I wanna try out Elite: Dangerous, but we're also getting Star Citizen and No Man's sky sooner or later which appeal more to me so I'm not sure if I want to spend the money.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:39 AM

Okay, I am really thinking of getting into Hotline Miami. I've watched gameplay, but I just want to know, is there a story to the game? No spoilers please.

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:48 PM

Okay, I am really thinking of getting into Hotline Miami. I've watched gameplay, but I just want to know, is there a story to the game? No spoilers please.

Yeah there is, though I'm not sure how to further explain this without feeling like I've spoiled too much.

Anyway it's a fun ass game, gets pretty difficult at times if you're not using the "just right" set-up of your style. Definitely wouldn't miss out on it, especially at a low price.

• Th3MaN1 likes this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:04 PM

Don't need an explanation, all I needed was a yes or no. So thanks. I'll get into it someday.

• Johan likes this

LevelDockSix
  • LevelDockSix

Sure Shot

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • India

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:26 PM Edited by LevelDockSix, 12 March 2015 - 06:27 PM.

Need some help/advice I guess:

I'm going to sell my PS3 to a friend, and once a few of my friends (all good mates, so don't question about them :)) they suggested we all get PS4s and play whatever's there, GTA V mostly. None of them fancy an Xbox One, and unfortunately (in this case) I do :D

In reality I only want the One to play Forza Horizon 2 (loved the original on my 360, hopefully I'll never have to sell that console), but my friends that have moved to Current Gen' have picked the PS4, and the to-be converted are also fixed on it. I'm left in a pickle really.

Of course, you may say, "Get a PS4 and try to get the One later on" and I could do that, but I'm going to uni' (well so are my buds anyway) in like 3-4 months and I can't carry any consoles there :p so essentially I'll only be using it for the next 3-4 months and whenever I get to come back home.

So I'm just wondering if I'm better off getting a PS4 or a One.

Pavle
  • Pavle

The Prodigal Son

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Serbia
  • Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Shania Twain Superfan
    Biggest Profile Stalker 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Serb 2015
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:18 PM

80% discount on R*'s games on the PS3!

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:12 PM

-

Well dude, this generation is all about multiplayer.. so personally I suggest the PS4 simply because your friends are also getting it. Most games nowadays have you doing co-op (such as GTA Online's Heists and future titles such as Bloodborne, The Division, etc).

Though you said you won't be able to play after 3-4 months either.. but it's still something to think about in the back of your mind whenever you and your friends get some free time.

If none of that interests you then go ahead and get an Xbox One :p You can pick up a PS4 later on.

• LevelDockSix likes this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:19 PM Edited by GTAandStuff, 12 March 2015 - 10:20 PM.

Yeah there is, though I'm not sure how to further explain this without feeling like I've spoiled too much.

Anyway it's a fun ass game, gets pretty difficult at times if you're not using the "just right" set-up of your style. Definitely wouldn't miss out on it, especially at a low price.

Yep, I can recommend the sequel too. Especially once it gets the level editor. The devs said they won't be making a 3rd one so they put in the level editor so that people who want to play more Hotline Miami levels can just make them or download ones created by others.

• Th3MaN1 likes this

GTA_fear
  • GTA_fear

There's a tip jar, jackass!

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:22 PM

Anyone else annoyed as f*ck with the steering in modern racing games?!

I mean, just compare these, if you feel like watching.
Old ones, with actual steering:

Newer games:
https://youtu.be/2wkqQ3_pIPk?t=8m40s

https://youtu.be/7JlyPy87RPc?t=3m24s

Th-this... That... That stupid f**king drift skid slide turn thing, ugly as sh*t, I mean, why?! Why?! What the hell? How?! Why? What's the point? It's ugly! It's boring! What's fun about it? What's the point?

No, I haven't played any of the newer games, but I can immediately feel if a game has that sh*tty type of handling, it's easily and immediately noticed when watching videos. And it makes me facepalm every time I see it.

Well, I guess that would be enough video game raging for the day... I feel better.

• B Dawg likes this

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:06 AM Edited by Wayne Daniels, 15 March 2015 - 03:38 PM.

How the f*ck do you use TeamSpeak?
Edit: Got it working!

Tanto
  • Tanto

E.Nigma

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:36 PM

If there is anyone still looking to pre-order GTAV there is a good site offering 25% off with this code: PCGB25

http://www.playcycle...eft-auto-v.html

Can't say I have used this site before but its worth a check at least.

:^:

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:22 PM Edited by GTAandStuff, 16 March 2015 - 10:27 PM.

Anyone else wish Triple A studios started focusing more on making better dynamic physics for their games for realistic ragdolling and destruction instead of using the same scripted animations over and over again? Euphoria has been around for a while and it's still the best ragdoll system I've seen(though it feels oddly toned down in GTA V). I haven't really spotted anything new on this front lately. Some games have some pretty cool death animations, but they usually tend to get old after you've seen them a dozen times.

Hyperglide
  • Hyperglide

Addicted to Synthahol

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:12 AM

Jesus mother of god this looks sick.  Now I'm even more hyped for this game.

• Th3MaN1 and Tanto like this

drifter.
  • drifter.

eh.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:43 AM

Hey guys what's a good monitor I can my future computer up to and my Xbox one?

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:37 AM

Holy sh*t, that is gonna be one sick game.

Tanto
  • Tanto

E.Nigma

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:27 PM

I must admit that the new Final fantasy looks great, especially the summoning system but I'm still very disappointed about the direction Final fantasy has gone in since the days of FF10 (In my opinion that was the last decent Final fantasy, ff7 being my favourite and ff8 a close second).

The Guy from Ganton
  • The Guy from Ganton

Hey there, officer! Nice badge, nice badge.

• New Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:42 PM Edited by The Guy from Ganton, 18 March 2015 - 01:42 PM.

Is anyone playing Resident Evil: Revelations 2? Can't wait to buy it

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:31 AM

I had a day off yesterday and picked up Mass Effect 1 again. Since I haven't played the game for a good year or two, it feels completely fresh and exciting again and I ended up playing through the whole afternoon and when I put the game down I was still at the very beginning of the game, just after Liara's recruitment mission.

You know the game is good when a prologue takes six hours and you still have fun.

• Th3MaN1 likes this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:36 AM

As soon as finished the trilogy, I just wanted to fire it up again. Complete the entire thing twice. But I wanted to take a break from it, and I'm waiting another year or two before I start again, just so my experience can be fresh again.

• HaythamKenway likes this

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 20 March 2015 - 04:56 PM

I had a day off yesterday and picked up Mass Effect 1 again. Since I haven't played the game for a good year or two, it feels completely fresh and exciting again and I ended up playing through the whole afternoon and when I put the game down I was still at the very beginning of the game, just after Liara's recruitment mission.

You know the game is good when a prologue takes six hours and you still have fun.

Been wanting to try out the trilogy so bad.. I purchased the entire collection on PS3 almost a full year ago and I have yet to touch it because of all these games releasing left and right. I promised myself that next time there's a pause in releases that I'd take the time to play the first one and move up from there.

In other news, there's apparently going to be a re-mastered edition of God Of War 3 coming to PS4 with a trailer and release date coming later in the afternoon.. the game already looked superb on PS3 back when I first played it so I can't stop thinking about how better it'd look. Definitely buying it again, just wish it was the entire trilogy instead of just the game alone.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2015 - 08:58 AM

Speaking of Bioware, just got KOTOR from Humble Bundle. Haven't tried it yet. Also you need to check out Humble Bundle if you're a PC gamer.

Vanto
  • Vanto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:31 PM

Indiegala is giving away keys for Pixel Puzzles Japan, for anyone interested.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users