The Gaming Chat Café

988 replies to this topic
Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:22 PM

It's weird because a few years ago the idea of microtransactions was laughed at and reviled, but now they've permeated the industry and get a lot of defenders for various reasons...even though every time, they very clearly do what caused people to not want to see them become commonplace: alter the gameplay to suit the microtransactions. Mobile games are built around them, GTAO has the gameplay tacked on and hacked around with to suit them, and it's suffered dearly.

But hey, no content is technically locked behind a paywall so it's obviously completely fine. Also, GTAO is also free so you literally are not allowed to complain. Ah, GTAO defenders...

It's rather telling when people don't have much experience with other games.

A few years before that they were even seen as a good thing - f2p games with microtransactions for ideally cosmetics only, but a pass was also given to pay to speed up models. It was a pretty common opinion on PC, particularly with MMORPG's and other progression based online games. But as like you say, games started being developed around this. The base games became stripped of cool cosmetics and they were slapped on the store for as much as one quarter of the price of the actual game its self, or (as we've all seen with GTA:O) the games exp/money earning rates are abysmal and encourage you to pony up the real world dough.

It'll be interesting to see where the industry goes with post-launch monetisation if the microtransaction bubble as we know it pops. People know when they're getting fleeced and while they might not get fed up with it straight away, they will get fed up with it eventually. After that, is it a return to expansions? Sub fees? Something else?

• RedDagger, HaythamKenway and DarkSavageDeathlyCloud like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:06 AM

Unlike actually F2P games, GTAO, contrary to what Rockstar bullcrapped and people insist on believing, is not free. Hence GTAO is best go with paid DLC to eliminate the grind. $5-$15 per pack depending on the size of the content while people still can play with each other, thanks to a technology best known as 'compatibility update' which has been existing in online gaming for years.

The problem with GTAO is that the users have been purposely dumbing themselves down for the sake of Rockstar. This business model won't go anywhere as long as the people are still willingly and easily to get fooled.

• HaythamKenway and DarkSavageDeathlyCloud like this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:45 AM

for me maybe Nier, doom, wolfsteine, idk what ever is appealing for me.

fashion
  • fashion

f*ck you microtransactions

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:52 AM

...did someone say Nier?

For those who'll buy Nier, I hope the PC issues are fixed by now. I'm a PS4 player myself though and Nier is my GOTY so far. I highly doubt it will be topped by another title too.
Make sure to get all 5 main endings. Ending A is just the beginning.
Not saying you'll love it like I did. Saw a few posts on other forums that people finished the whole game and didn't understand the hype about it at all. Just a tiny minority though. If it touches you, prepare for an emotional and philosophical journey. Never have I felt so depressed about a tale of robots.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:08 AM Edited by luisniko, 22 June 2017 - 03:14 AM.

Can't find the thread. The dev talks about the connection between Saints Row and Agents of Mayhem.

We know we have Gat as character. Kingpin is actually Pierce Washington. Yeti is Oleg. Brimstone was mentioned in the Gat Out of Hell ending.

And look at the video thumbnail, it's Tanya. lol

For those who are lazy to watch:

Spoiler

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:33 AM

Is that a good thing? Is this the reset that happens in sr4?

Croft
  • Croft

Level 27 Herald of Tranquility

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:31 AM

Agents of Mayhem looked 'okay' until i realized that the game doesn't have co-op or any multiplayer functionalities.

Spoiler

• Quinn_flower likes this

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:29 AM Edited by fashion, 22 June 2017 - 11:37 AM.

Agents of Mayhem looked 'okay' until i realized that the game doesn't have co-op or any multiplayer functionalities.

Spoiler

Really? They even scratched co-op? That's the lamest thing I've heard in a while. Even if the game takes.. a different direction, it seemed the fun of SR's co-op would be there.

I know that technically it's not a sequel, but it kinda is. They took everything that made SR interesting and threw it out the window it seems.

I bet Gat is in there just to keep interest of the hardcore fans.
  • Ivan1997GTA and Croft like this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:02 PM

Steam summer sale! Who is ready and getting what?

I hope doom and Nier is on sale.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 24 June 2017 - 12:53 AM Edited by Fireman, 24 June 2017 - 12:56 AM.

Kickstarter for Pathfinder: Kingmaker is still up, it's going to be the first video game RPG in the Pathfinder universe and Chris Avellone is working on it, so interesting to keep an eye on.

Some videos:

Building your own Kingdom.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2017 - 03:50 AM

Rico Rodriguez (of JC3) has to be the most humble badass I've ever played.

Akif52
  • Akif52

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2017 - 06:12 PM

I need new steam account. But I do not know which username to use. I've tried "dualcannon" and "infinitewalk". My favourite nicknames "infinitenight" and "infinitetwilight" already used.  :( very sad..

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:05 PM

You'll do well to get an original Steam account name these days, it's probably numbering in the hundreds of millions for accounts created. Honestly though my advice would be to choose something more secure, your Steam account name is only ever used for logging in and you occasionally see it in emails as well as at the top of the client depending on the skin you use.

Other than that, you can change your display name and your Steam Community URL as often as you want, so there's no need to get picky over an account name.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:35 AM

"Joined a week ago"

We have 3 members posted the same question with very similar phrasing and pattern.

Seriously.

Akif52
  • Akif52

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:48 AM Edited by Akif52, 03 July 2017 - 09:01 AM.

"Joined a week ago"

We have 3 members posted the same question with very similar phrasing and pattern.

Seriously.

I dont know others

You'll do well to get an original Steam account name these days, it's probably numbering in the hundreds of millions for accounts created. Honestly though my advice would be to choose something more secure, your Steam account name is only ever used for logging in and you occasionally see it in emails as well as at the top of the client depending on the skin you use.

Other than that, you can change your display name and your Steam Community URL as often as you want, so there's no need to get picky over an account name.

I think that's what I think. I have to open an account before Summer Sale is over.

Jason, How do these user names sound?

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:55 PM

No one cares about your steam username, choose anything that hasn't been taken...there's no reason to ask about what people think of a username that people won't even be seeing.
  • KilnerLUFC, Jason, Richard Power Colt and 2 others like this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:30 PM

I think that's what I think. I have to open an account before Summer Sale is over.

Let me guess, you were VAC banned because you cheated at CS:GO and you're wanting to buy the game again while it's on sale.  :lol:

Akif52
  • Akif52

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:19 PM Edited by Akif52, 03 July 2017 - 05:21 PM.

Let me guess, you were VAC banned because you cheated at CS:GO and you're wanting to buy the game again while it's on sale.  :lol:

No.

No one cares about your steam username, choose anything that hasn't been taken...there's no reason to ask about what people think of a username that people won't even be seeing.

Even if it does not matter what people think, what I think is important.

AnotherDave
  • AnotherDave

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:31 PM

My Steam username is just my name. I clearly wasn't thinking of it as being like a gamertag that would be seen publicly when I signed up so it's good that I was able to easily change it.

The system Steam uses makes your username entirely unimportant. Just use whatever you want. I don't even remember the last time I saw my actual username. It's just "AnotherDave" pretty much everywhere.

Akif52
  • Akif52

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:41 PM

My Steam username is just my name. I clearly wasn't thinking of it as being like a gamertag that would be seen publicly when I signed up so it's good that I was able to easily change it.

The system Steam uses makes your username entirely unimportant. Just use whatever you want. I don't even remember the last time I saw my actual username. It's just "AnotherDave" pretty much everywhere.

How change it username? Hmm, good idea man. I think I obsessed too much. I need to think about what they say.

AnotherDave
  • AnotherDave

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 July 2017 - 06:16 AM

How change it username? Hmm, good idea man. I think I obsessed too much. I need to think about what they say.

Well you don't actually change your username, you change your community ID, which is what everybody sees instead of your username. Here's what Steam say:

Your Steam Community ID can be changed at any time in your Steam Community settings, under "Edit my SteamID page".

So your actual username will have to be something unique and you may not be 100% happy with it but nobody will ever see it when you change your community ID. The key thing is that your community ID doesn't have to be unique so you can pick whatever you want without having to worry that somebody else has taken it already. Plus you can change it whenever you like and as many times as you like.

Akif52
  • Akif52

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:05 PM

Well you don't actually change your username, you change your community ID, which is what everybody sees instead of your username. Here's what Steam say:

Your Steam Community ID can be changed at any time in your Steam Community settings, under "Edit my SteamID page".

So your actual username will have to be something unique and you may not be 100% happy with it but nobody will ever see it when you change your community ID. The key thing is that your community ID doesn't have to be unique so you can pick whatever you want without having to worry that somebody else has taken it already. Plus you can change it whenever you like and as many times as you like.

Interesting Thought man. When will Steam Summer Sale end?

I heard that it will end at 5:00 pm on July 5th.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:45 PM

On a completely different note, I posted in another thread but man, I'm really starting to enjoy games like One Shot - normally I play action or FPS-y type stuff, but I've been throwing myself at a few story-based indie games and they're a real breath of fresh air...not sure why I confined myself in terms of gaming genre so much.

I daresay One Shot was better than Undertale in a lot of aspects, though as for the story/writing or the package as a whole, there's no choosing which one's better imo.
  • Jason likes this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:40 AM

On a completely different note, I posted in another thread but man, I'm really starting to enjoy games like One Shot - normally I play action or FPS-y type stuff, but I've been throwing myself at a few story-based indie games and they're a real breath of fresh air...not sure why I confined myself in terms of gaming genre so much.

I daresay One Shot was better than Undertale in a lot of aspects, though as for the story/writing or the package as a whole, there's no choosing which one's better imo.

It's something I need to do more of, I really loved games like Trine 2, Gunpoint and Grow Home and I have literally hundreds more like them in my Steam library but I never find the interest to play them, I usually just end up going back to what ever grindy progression game I'm currently playing or Football Manager pretty much.

• RedDagger likes this

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:12 PM

I started regretting selling my Arkham Knight PS4 copy. Some aspects of the story such as Batman's joker psychosis were phenomenal and the gameplay was pretty damn solid too. I'd like to replay it, like, right now. I guess wasting my money on a 40 euro season pass which contained a few outfits, sh*tty and useless challenges and races, half-assed story episodes with the exception of Batgirl's episode ruined it for me in the end.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:08 AM

Anyone been playing Kane & Lynch 2? I did the first coupld of missions on Hard and seriously, I couldn't believe how difficult it was at times. I also forgot that it seems bullets don't register when you hit targets so frequently. Not sure I'll continue on. 

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:21 PM

I honestly hope you didn't spend any money on that POS.

• Mister Pink likes this

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:33 PM

I honestly hope you didn't spend any money on that POS.

Was free with Gold start of this month...only reason I own the game too. Never completed it, but the first couple of missions on K&L1 were pretty decent, for the time when the game was fresh anyway. Saw some of the reviews for the 2nd game and the general consensus seemed to be that the game is pretty sh*t to say the least.

• Mister Pink likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2017 - 02:55 AM

I'm kinda interested in Fortnite. Being a zombie game is already an instant turn-off for me. But the fort building feature is quite interesting. The developer is Gearbox and I liked Borderlands series, which was coming from the same dev. I'm sure this game gonna be real deal.

I expected this game to have a lucky-draw lootbox system and it's true. Fort breaks, weapon breaks, and there's where the money gonna roll in from these lootboxes. I thought I'm gonna be fine and won't be spending too much time in this game.

But then I realized this game:
- Only available over US and Europe on PS4
- It's not available worldwide on Steam as well

After further reading, I realized again that the game is now available as a Paid Early Access. Lmao. No way.

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade
  • Netherlands

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:10 AM

I started regretting selling my Arkham Knight PS4 copy. Some aspects of the story such as Batman's joker psychosis were phenomenal and the gameplay was pretty damn solid too. I'd like to replay it, like, right now. I guess wasting my money on a 40 euro season pass which contained a few outfits, sh*tty and useless challenges and races, half-assed story episodes with the exception of Batgirl's episode ruined it for me in the end.

How does Arkham Knight play on the PS4 anyway? I'm thinking of buying it in the near future. I played Asylum and City extensively on my PC but I know it won't be able to run Knight properly. Asking for the controls in particular. I remember Asylum and City had a lot of buttons for different combo's and gadgets, which worked wonderfully on a keyboard, but I wonder how that got translated to a controller. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users